Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty (29733 Views)

MAN Kicks Against Excise On Soft Drinks / Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. / Coca-cola Halts Production As Co2 Shortage Affects Soft Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Slawormir: 8:34am On Aug 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by rs172(m): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2020
E don tey wey Sarki comment oo, abi e don jaapa nii
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by DoubleEngine007: 8:34am On Aug 21, 2020
Part of the next level... Not surprised.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Queenslander(f): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2020
ILYMA:
Buhari is killing us angry
he has already killed us!
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by AuthegaPRIMUS(m): 8:35am On Aug 21, 2020
I die
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stchinedu: 8:35am On Aug 21, 2020
grin

Post covid response in Nigeria.

1. Tax on rent

2. Tax on data

3. 'Tax' on hate speech

4. Tax on soft drinks

5. Tax on transportation

In fact...

Tax on existence.

BTW, those of you getting too excited over zobo drink and kunu...

The bill to tax them is under way...

We are still in the ship, we are yet to dock

5 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by tuzle(m): 8:35am On Aug 21, 2020
Everything in Nigeria except someone income use to go up and never comes done. We are too soft in dis country, that is why our leaders use to do any how.

3 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by elantraceey(f): 8:35am On Aug 21, 2020
Taxes upon taxes that only ends up in private pockets.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 21, 2020
Nigeria is really a poor country our custom generating less than 3 billion dollars and see it as an achievement

if I'm president the say u present this news for me u are sacked

a country with gdp of $400 billion dollars can't tax out 50 billion dollars ...ahh heads would roll na

3 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Zeek21(m): 8:35am On Aug 21, 2020
They sha want to tax everything in this country. I don't know what will be left of us after this administration.

This government is truly gate of hell

2 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by phr0nesis(m): 8:35am On Aug 21, 2020
And 2023 is still far. I'm definitely leaving this country
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by freshinko: 8:36am On Aug 21, 2020
Time to reduce the little quality we think exists in our so called soft drinks.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by mamaafrik(m): 8:36am On Aug 21, 2020
Custom want to collect tax on products produced internally,soft drinks for that matter,goverment keeps pushing us to the wall of Jericho.........,na Rebellion and chao go still end am,Where are the malian Nigerian soldiers,were e le ja....., simple action you can't perform for your people.

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Toscarel: 8:36am On Aug 21, 2020
They sit and brainstorm on ways to make Nigeria hellish for the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by titiakins: 8:36am On Aug 21, 2020
We switch to the available option
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Mycoin(m): 8:37am On Aug 21, 2020
another one
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by CHIOMAEZEH: 8:37am On Aug 21, 2020
AGUBANZE:
Zobo go come sure pass now .

i don port to zobo for 3 years now.... asided that its cheaper, its also healthier......i no fit shout.

4 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by shiwex: 8:38am On Aug 21, 2020
Good development, they should pay taxes just like every other company afterall they make a lot of money,
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by TheLasyBuddha: 8:38am On Aug 21, 2020
Hold on a sec! Why are people surprised by all the recently imposed taxes on people by the government? You asked for increment on the minimum wage, how else should the government service that? Through money ritual?

4 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by martineverest(m): 8:38am On Aug 21, 2020
better....they should increase noodles too

soft drinks and noodles are poison disguised as food

2 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:39am On Aug 21, 2020
I'm so happy to read this, nice development. In fact a welcome ideal. One thing I like this govt is their policy.
Thunder fire anybody wey go say buhari s not working. Buhari till 2050

2 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Divisco(m): 8:40am On Aug 21, 2020
[url][/url]I tire for this country oooh. very soon zobo and kunu go dey expensive grin
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by martineverest(m): 8:40am On Aug 21, 2020
CHIOMAEZEH:

i don port to zobo for 3 years now.... asided that its cheaper, its also healthier......i no fit shout.
exactly...soft drinks and noodles are poisonous
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Kingspin(m): 8:40am On Aug 21, 2020
Can these people allow COVID 19 era pass before over-taxation or increase of goods and services
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Adewale1603(m): 8:42am On Aug 21, 2020
very poor a country
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Farki: 8:42am On Aug 21, 2020
See the obese fool making up new tax laws out of a phony compassion for the health of the citizens. grin

This comes as Christmas is around the corner so all the extra money from drinks will be funneled directly to them.

The unfortunate thing about this tax is that it won't go to fixing the run down hospitals around the country despite being made out of alleged concern for our health.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Sbsrules: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2020
Cold fruit anyday anytime :PCold fruit anyday anytime
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2020
Zico5:
Buhari will ruin this country eventually. For those of u still supporting the Draconians government in place, get to know we are on the same page together. No amount of money paid to u will be enough to sustain the future of ur children and ur next generation.
Tell that to the idiot that grills roasted lizards for a living
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Angelfrost(m): 8:43am On Aug 21, 2020
ILYMA:
Buhari is killing us angry

Us??! Certainly not me... I predicted this disaster years ago, and went on to prepare adequately for the 'rainy days'!!!... Honestly, this is just the beginning. It will actually get worse!!!

Then again, can't even blame them... If not taxing and further impoverishing the already poor majority, how else will they service their numerous loans enough to enable them engage in more ridiculous and humongous borrowing??!...

I earnestly pity the poor who further aggravate their poverty by taking on more undue responsibilities like marrying, birthing, and over-indulgence. Soon, there will be no more Middle class... It will be extremely corrupt rich, and the horrendously poor!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2020
Team kunu
Team tiger nut drink
We are safe since alcohol is safe.

But seriously dz guys have waivers and soft drinks are still this high in cost.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Brushstrokes20: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2020
Wow!... Another diabolic dividend of the satanic chainge!
The shithole is a lost cause
Disintegration is the best bet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See How I Made My Super Delicious Banana Cake. (Pictures) / Caterpillar And It's Operator Cake (photo) / Does ORIJIN Contain More Sugar Than Necessary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.