Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,118 members, 7,828,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty (29732 Views)

MAN Kicks Against Excise On Soft Drinks / Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. / Coca-cola Halts Production As Co2 Shortage Affects Soft Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 21, 2020
bbbabes:
Thank God I've Just gone fruity
Same here...Its the best way to go smiley
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by bignero: 9:02am On Aug 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Very essential, competition won't make the price rise.
Also Indirectly, it'll boast locally made soft drinks like Zobo, Kunu, soy milk and fruit extract juice.
This will boast production of such farm produce as well.

TO ME, THIS IS GOOD DEVELOPMENT

See eh, class room economics is not real life o.

Its not like that

The farmers that will do this are being slaughtered by bokoharam..

Wberes the money to start?

Whose going to buy local drinks, from which source i dont know?, with the dirty cultural practices..

Not by that one

4 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by GreatrAnalyst: 9:02am On Aug 21, 2020
So much for the government that gets orgasm only from increasing taxes and all that come with it to generate money.

Those of who have taken long walk away from soft drinks, congrats.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by crafteck(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2020
Kunu and zobo season
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stormborn28(m): 9:04am On Aug 21, 2020
Yankee101:
Good, let's start producing locally

All those mangoes, oranges, tomatoes etc we waste can become a local bottling industry
you are ignorant... Produce them and you will be taxed... Coca Cola is produced here so what is the difference between what you want to do and theirs? You fruit can be fermented to alcohol.. Read in between the lines

3 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Oizee(f): 9:05am On Aug 21, 2020
Nawao, keep making life difficult for the people, maybe they want us to be drinking zobo.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Farki: 9:06am On Aug 21, 2020
martineverest:
agbo are natural herbs and spices na.... haven't u heard about Ayurvedic medicine?

Arsenic and cyanide are natural, did you know your cassava has cyanide in it?

Ayurvedic "medicine" is considered a pseudoscience and is not practiced by any respectable medical institution.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Femijohn198: 9:06am On Aug 21, 2020
which levels Nigeria,at the end Na poor citizens go take head packAm.. when poor citizens will not be able to buy softdrink again
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stormborn28(m): 9:07am On Aug 21, 2020
Lukenitheooo6:
is it drinks that are made in Nigeria abi imported ones
made in Nigeria
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Oizee(f): 9:07am On Aug 21, 2020
dairykidd:

when you have occasion nko?
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by TheStarsAlign: 9:09am On Aug 21, 2020
NEXT LEVEL BABY! grin

crafteck:
Kunu and zobo season

Hope you know what happens when there's upward spike in demand for product X or Y? In other words, No Guarantees. (Chico DeBarge)
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Engrdan(m): 9:09am On Aug 21, 2020
again, what is this government taking us for, they are just using any available means to extort us, the impart of cost of fuel increased is still hurting now increase of soft drink.
God pls save us from this government.

3 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by slowice(m): 9:09am On Aug 21, 2020
And then they will loot all the earnings.... While we bear the burden.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stormborn28(m): 9:10am On Aug 21, 2020
dairykidd:

and you think when prices of soft drinks rises fruit price will remain same? Think again and be smart this time around

3 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by ICEWIN: 9:10am On Aug 21, 2020
Who tell u?
u no no say 9ja go use am exploit us too,zobo go skyrock go 150 per 45cl,wetin happen to 9ja rice & oyibo rice na go happen
AGUBANZE:
Zobo go come sure pass now .

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 21, 2020
Oizee:
when you have occasion nko?
Alcohol, water, smoothies, fruit juices
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by akaahs(m): 9:11am On Aug 21, 2020
Yankee101:

All those mangoes, oranges, tomatoes etc we waste can become a local bottling industry
What are U doing, lead the production na, if is that easy
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stormborn28(m): 9:11am On Aug 21, 2020
bbbabes:
Thank God I've Just gone fruity

and you think when prices of soft drinks rises fruit price will remain same? Think again and be smart this time around

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 21, 2020
Toyade888:
Really,

So no more cold pepsi to quench your thirst after hustling under the Nigerian hot sun again.

That feeling though...

It's good news, it'll reduce the rate at which we get diabetes in the country.

Water does a better job of quenching thirst.

Just saying.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by AustineJohn908(m): 9:13am On Aug 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Also Indirectly, it'll boast locally made soft drinks like Zobo, Kunu, soy milk and fruit extract juice.

it always good development when it involves anything Buhari does to you
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by martineverest(m): 9:13am On Aug 21, 2020
Farki:

Arsenic and cyanide are natural, did you know your cassava has cyanide in it?

Ayurvedic "medicine" is considered a pseudoscience and is not practiced by any respectable medical institution.
that's why yellow garri is better than while garri cos the oil neutralises the cyanide..

hope u know that most of the supplements u buy are Ayurvedic medication?
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stormborn28(m): 9:14am On Aug 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

how has the ban on foreign rice bring the price of local rice down... Think and be smart
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Smooyis(m): 9:14am On Aug 21, 2020
Tax regime shocked shocked shocked
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 21, 2020
stormborn28:
Idiot I'm not concerned about the price. I'm more concerned about my health. As if u don't know cost of commodities and services gets higher in this zoo on a daily. You should be the one doing a lot of critical thinking if ur still shocked or taken by the steady hike in price which is the only thing constant in this economy
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by cmecproblem(m): 9:18am On Aug 21, 2020
Phew, thank God my favorite drink Zobo is made in Nigeria, abi?
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by ThatFairGuy: 9:19am On Aug 21, 2020
stormborn28:
how has the ban on foreign rice bring the price of local rice down... Think and be smart

You'll praise God in years to come
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Orpe7(m): 9:19am On Aug 21, 2020
Water sha no cost
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 21, 2020
To everyone complaining about this tax increase

1. Nigeria is not earning enough cash in tax. Our tax to GDP ratio is less than 6%. The African average is 23%.

2.Nigeria is not earning enough in oil money. Oil is at 45 dollars per barrel. We need it at 140 dollars per barrel before we can earn a budget sans borrowing

3. Either we raise taxes, or we take loans at ten times the amount we are taking

4.Yes, APC is incompetent. Yes, I think Buhari too is not competent. But even if we remove the government by coup tomorrow and replace them with a Jerry Rawlings clone, the money problem is not going to go away at all.

5. And let's be frank, water no get enemy.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:21am On Aug 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

It'll be good development to you because you have the IQ of a pencil
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by MsAllison(f): 9:22am On Aug 21, 2020
Aflix:
Economy-0
Power-0
Security--10
Infrastructure-0
Completion of railway started by previous govt-50
Inflation-100

Wetin we de enjoy for this government self
Buhari and his useless supporters won't end well
mark my words
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sodiquisty(m): 9:23am On Aug 21, 2020
Time to migrate to local zobo and kunu drinks
grin grin
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by lexy2014: 9:23am On Aug 21, 2020
Yankee101:

D coca cola they want to tax, where is it produced? By d way, which local production have u started?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See How I Made My Super Delicious Banana Cake. (Pictures) / Does ORIJIN Contain More Sugar Than Necessary? / Caterpillar And It's Operator Cake (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.