Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty (29739 Views)

MAN Kicks Against Excise On Soft Drinks / Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. / Coca-cola Halts Production As Co2 Shortage Affects Soft Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Enyimbamercedes: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2020
Ali na Muslim

Ali no dey drink alcohol

Ali's people raid and destroy crates of alcoholic drinks in his region

But Ali supports the tax on Alcoholic drinks and benefits from the proceeds of a "sinful" activity

What is Ali?

What this government doesn't understand is that taxation is a give and take relationship

The government provides an enabling environment for businesses and its citizens to thrive and in return gets a share of their profits and consumptions
In this country it is different; government will not give anything but wants to tax everything!!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by collum(m): 8:44am On Aug 21, 2020
AGUBANZE:
Zobo go come sure pass now .

even the zobo have more nutrition value than most popular carbonated soft drink

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by ThatFairGuy: 8:45am On Aug 21, 2020
Igbochief001:
Nigeria is really a poor country our custom generating less than 3 billion dollars and see it as an achievement

if I'm president the say u present this news for me u are sacked

a country with gdp of $400 billion dollars can't tax out 50 billion dollars ...ahh heads would roll na
Igbo chief with his reasoning again. You're representing a whole race Remember

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Femeto: 8:45am On Aug 21, 2020
Wicked people the want to take everything back from the people.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Farki: 8:45am On Aug 21, 2020
martineverest:
better....they should increase noodles too

soft drinks and noodles are poison disguised as food

Then don't eat them? I wonder what you would say about agbo since that is literally poison sold as medicine.

3 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Skymason20(m): 8:46am On Aug 21, 2020
this country self, angry abeg pass me captain jack for the cool weather
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by ThatFairGuy: 8:46am On Aug 21, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
Ali na Muslim

Ali no dey drink alcohol

But Ali supports the tax on Alcoholic drinks and benefits from the proceeds of a "sinful" activity

What is Ali?
Ali is a Muslim name for male undecided
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Angelfrost(m): 8:46am On Aug 21, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
Ali na Muslim

Ali no dey drink alcohol

What is Ali?

An idiotic and hypocritical zombie!!! tongue

4 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 21, 2020
pickatyou:
We are safe since alcohol is safe.

But seriously dz guys have waivers and soft drinks are still this high in cost.

Install a car tracking device today and let your car feel safe.

We now offer our full service at a discounted price.

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Igbo chief with is reasoning again. You're representing a whole race Remember
Bros leave my mention ...it's not my fault you are too dumb to get my post
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:47am On Aug 21, 2020
We ought to have learnt a lesson from Mali's coup
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by izubext007: 8:47am On Aug 21, 2020
naija for life
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by aspiring44: 8:47am On Aug 21, 2020
ijustdey:

This government is not for the people but for some vested interest

Why increase the financial burden just because you want more money to be looted

Seriously

The national assembly is just a mere listening chamber if the customs has raked in so much revenue upto 830billion . How will it affect the running of the government? What is their contribution to the government ? What is the expenditure of the customs

We should not be suffering as a country if there is accountability, transparency integrity on those who are at helms of affairs.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Kincaldb247: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2020
If you take alcohol na problem, now they want to put excise duty on soft drinks

Very sooon we will be asked to pay custom duty on the air we breath, This Nigeria no balance at all undecided
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Farki: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
Ali na Muslim

Ali no dey drink alcohol

What is Ali?

Ali is a parasite.

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by dallyemmy: 8:49am On Aug 21, 2020
CHANGE IS FINALLY HERE?
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 21, 2020
Beer to the rescue grin
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by ezechi24(m): 8:50am On Aug 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Very essential, competition won't make the price rise.
Also Indirectly, it'll boast locally made soft drinks like Zobo, Kunu, soy milk and fruit extract juice.
This will boast production of such farm produce as well.

TO ME, THIS IS GOOD DEVELOPMENT

And then zobo will now be sold for #100 par bottle..I guess you don't understand that whatever this illiterate does is to make sure that every Nigerian suffers till they die of starvation ...look at the foriegn rice he stoped, all of a sudden the local stonny rice has turned to gold...well all of you praising this rubbish prepare o..because this will not be applied to northerners because they still bring in foreign rice to the north...na we dey dey south go hear am.

4 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 8:50am On Aug 21, 2020
Haba
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by gonkin(m): 8:52am On Aug 21, 2020
Na to drink zobo, kunu and water. They can take their carbonated drinks and drown in it. This is a really wack government.

3 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by bimbomueeb(m): 8:53am On Aug 21, 2020
This clueless government will soon propose a tax on excise duty on sachet and table water!
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by RicchDave22: 8:55am On Aug 21, 2020
Will sumbody die anyday they say a product costs lesser in naija? Price just keeps going up.. nd up.. nd up.. 9ja na casted
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by nedekid: 8:55am On Aug 21, 2020
See how robost the sanate president looks, meanwhile customs boss recently took a new wife. Young pretty lady. Baba tries to look serious in the picture but I know it is cows his thoughts are concentrated on.
We all are in this poo together.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sapientia(m): 8:55am On Aug 21, 2020
Imagine

Is this the work of customs?
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by flyingpig: 8:55am On Aug 21, 2020
Toyade888:
Really,

So no more cold pepsi to quench your thirst after hustling under the Nigerian hot sun again.

That feeling though...

It's good news, it'll reduce the rate at which we get diabetes in the country.
That's the only good news
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Felajack: 8:55am On Aug 21, 2020
Hard drinks all the way!!
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by duduade: 8:56am On Aug 21, 2020
Na to dey drink water niyen

Water is good for the body
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by bigpicture001: 8:57am On Aug 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Very essential, competition won't make the price rise.
Also Indirectly, it'll boast locally made soft drinks like Zobo, Kunu, soy milk and fruit extract juice.
This will boast production of such farm produce as well.

TO ME, THIS IS GOOD DEVELOPMENT

I think u smoked weed

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Shugavee(f): 8:58am On Aug 21, 2020
Hunger will finish us .
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by SHNAYAJO: 8:59am On Aug 21, 2020
Una go dey tax water soon.. rubbish
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by martineverest(m): 9:00am On Aug 21, 2020
Farki:

Then don't eat them? I wonder what you would say about agbo since that is literally poison sold as medicine.
agbo are natural herbs and spices na.... haven't u heard about Ayurvedic medicine?
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Aarenaija: 9:00am On Aug 21, 2020
Nigerian can take a.lot of sh*t.
Can you imagine people making comic out of this? Nairaland youths especially that are suppose to engage in engaging discuss and action against draconian policies are laughing at it. Nigeria is a sorry case I submit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See How I Made My Super Delicious Banana Cake. (Pictures) / Caterpillar And It's Operator Cake (photo) / Does ORIJIN Contain More Sugar Than Necessary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.