Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty (29731 Views)

MAN Kicks Against Excise On Soft Drinks / Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. / Coca-cola Halts Production As Co2 Shortage Affects Soft Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 21, 2020
Zico5:
Buhari will ruin this country eventually. For those of u still supporting the Draconians government in place, get to know we are on the same page together. No amount of money paid to u will be enough to sustain the future of ur children and ur next generation.

Many of them are not interested in their children's welfare. Some of them don't know what you mean by future generation. All they are after is money to smoke weed.

Wasted generation

4 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Saig: 9:25am On Aug 21, 2020
AGUBANZE:
Zobo go come sure pass now .
And kunu gaida

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Yankee101: 9:26am On Aug 21, 2020
stormborn28:
you are ignorant... Produce them and you will be taxed... Coca Cola is produced here so what is the difference between what you want to do and theirs? You fruit can be fermented to alcohol.. Read in between the lines

Please watch the video first before commenting

Sugar content is the arguement for the excise duties. The health trend now is organic sugar -free juice which won't attract excise

Plus if you knew anything about Coca-Cola you'd know concentrates are imported

Coca-Cola of today is still made with coca leaf extract, which is supplied by the Stepan Company plant in Maywood, New Jersey. Stepan Company is the only business in US that has a licence to import and process the coca plant.

4 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stormborn28(m): 9:27am On Aug 21, 2020
dairykidd:

Idiot I'm not concerned about the price. I'm more concerned about my health. As if u don't know cost of commodities and services gets higher in this zoo on a daily. You should be the one doing a lot of critical thinking if ur still shocked or taken by the steady hike in price which is the only thing constant in this economy
foolish imbe...cile. you and I are not the only Nigerians on the surface of Nigeria.. It is only a selfish cow that will not emphasize with his/her fellow countrymen

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stormborn28(m): 9:28am On Aug 21, 2020
Yankee101:

Please watch the video first before commenting

Sugar content is the arguement for the excise duties. The health trend now is organic sugar -free juice which won't attract excise

Plus if you knew anything about Coca-Cola you'd know concentrates are imported

Coca-Cola of today is still made with coca leaf extract, which is supplied by the Stepan Company plant in Maywood, New Jersey. Stepan Company is the only business in US that has a licence to import and process the coca plant.
where is the video
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 9:29am On Aug 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Very essential, competition won't make the price rise.
Also Indirectly, it'll boast locally made soft drinks like Zobo, Kunu, soy milk and fruit extract juice.
This will boast production of such farm produce as well.

TO ME, THIS IS GOOD DEVELOPMENT

I'm not a Buharist, but if this news is true, then what you said is just the best thing i have read this morning.
More feathers to your cap!

2 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Athemisia: 9:31am On Aug 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Very essential, competition won't make the price rise.
Also Indirectly, it'll boast locally made soft drinks like Zobo, Kunu, soy milk and fruit extract juice.
This will boast production of such farm produce as well.

TO ME, THIS IS GOOD DEVELOPMENT
Same thing they said about rice... yet local rice is more expensive than foreign rice
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 9:31am On Aug 21, 2020
freshinko:
Time to reduce the little quality we think exists in our so called soft drinks.

Na for those wey dey consume am
Stopped consuming soft drinks more than 5 years ago...

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Afolabimills(m): 9:31am On Aug 21, 2020
AGUBANZE:
don't worry bullhari will na zobbo go next for tax

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Saig: 9:31am On Aug 21, 2020
Only that it will affect the average man on the street. coca cola is big enough to pay tax
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 9:32am On Aug 21, 2020
CHIOMAEZEH:

i don port to zobo for 3 years now.... asided that its cheaper, its also healthier......i no fit shout.

True.
Team Zobo, Team Kunu, Team Tigernut drink and Team Hommade juice...

2 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 21, 2020
Toyade888:
Really,

So no more cold pepsi to quench your thirst after hustling under the Nigerian hot sun again.

That feeling though...

It's good news, it'll reduce the rate at which we get diabetes in the country.

Diabetes is not caused by sugar but genetics and life style. Secondly there are those who really need these carbo drinks as it is a cheap way for them to get adequate calories for the kind of job they do.

4 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 9:33am On Aug 21, 2020
martineverest:
better....they should increase noodles too

soft drinks and noodles are poison disguised as food

I concur
But leave noodles outta it...
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nauttyprof(m): 9:33am On Aug 21, 2020
Na wa o. Maybe when we start drinking only water this government will not have anything to tax again. They just want to make life difficult for the masses.

What am I even typing? Very soon this government will tax even water with the claim that we can't be drinking water everyday and not have it taxed.

3 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Yankee101: 9:34am On Aug 21, 2020
stormborn28:
where is the video

So you didn't see/go through the initial post to see what it contained before attacking my opinion?

I'm not here for your re-education

3 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 9:34am On Aug 21, 2020
Divisco:
[url][/url]I tire for this country oooh. very soon zobo and kunu go dey expensive grin
Lies, it won't It'll create a healthy market, more profits and more healthy individuals
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Athemisia: 9:35am On Aug 21, 2020
Toyade888:
Really,

So no more cold pepsi to quench your thirst after hustling under the Nigerian hot sun again.

That feeling though...

It's good news, it'll reduce the rate at which we get diabetes in the country.
You are not funny... despite the price people will still buy.... just as alcohol and tabacco products
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by ChrisIntegral(m): 9:35am On Aug 21, 2020
Please what is the cost of fresh water melon, orange, apple&d likes in your area? tongue
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2020
Farki:

Then don't eat them? I wonder what you would say about agbo since that is literally poison sold as medicine.

Then agbo must be a healthy poison then...
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Athemisia: 9:37am On Aug 21, 2020
sircatherine45:

Lies, it won't
It'll create a healthy market, more profits and more healthy individuals
which company do know of that can produce zobo and kunu in very large quantities??
same situation with our local rice production
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stormborn28(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2020
Yankee101:

So you didn't see/go through the initial post to see what it contained before attacking my opinion?

I'm not here for your re-education
check again.. There is no video neither a link.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by onyxo76(m): 9:38am On Aug 21, 2020
i thought the soft drinks are produced here, how come customs will collect duty on what is produced here or am i missing something here
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Athemisia: 9:39am On Aug 21, 2020
martineverest:
better....they should increase noodles too

soft drinks and noodles are poison disguised as food
tabacco and alcoholic products are not cheap but a lot of people still pertronize them
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Yankee101: 9:39am On Aug 21, 2020
stormborn28:
check again.. There is no video neither a link.

Lol. Throw away your torchlight phone or upgrade your network
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sylve11: 9:41am On Aug 21, 2020
Nuttella:
These custom workers keep cashing out steady.

Na so. cool
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by InvertedHammer: 9:41am On Aug 21, 2020
/
USA:

Republicans vs Democrats fighting over $600 vs $400 to each citizen per week as palliative for Covid-19

Nigeria:

APC figuring out ways to squeeze life out of Nigerians: Stamp duty, tax, excise duty, etc. per Covid-19.

Yet some people are in Edo State gyrating for APC grin

PDP gummed the Nigerian box and APC is now nailing it. Work in progress. Final final, Nigeria will be airtight. grin There is nothing more entertaining than watching Nigerians wail for years after eating 4 cups of campaign rice.

I love it!
/
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Openbusiness: 9:42am On Aug 21, 2020
bbbabes:
Thank God I've Just gone fruity
c you. Fruit tax dey wait u for corner grin
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2020
Athemisia:

which company do know of that can produce zobo and kunu in very large quantities??
same situation with our local rice production

Come to factories in Onitsha... i don't like to talk too much...

As for local rice, both Delta and Anambra state get rice mills like crase...
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stormborn28(m): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2020
Yankee101:

Lol. Throw away your torchlight phone or upgrade your network
keep quiet... There is no link and video I don't get to in nairaland.. So tell me how yours is different.. Let me bring you one or two.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by kalvoken(m): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2020
AGUBANZE:

This is a full time good news to people wey sabi for Benue state. I heard they plant zobo wella

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Sabicleaners: 9:43am On Aug 21, 2020
As expected
Are we surprise? No
Expect increment in other commodities not affected yet.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 21, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See How I Made My Super Delicious Banana Cake. (Pictures) / Does ORIJIN Contain More Sugar Than Necessary? / Caterpillar And It's Operator Cake (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.