Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej (4377 Views)

We Used Almajiris To Vote Out Jonathan – Kwankwaso / OBJ Is An Experienced & Patriotic Leader Who Transformed Nigeria - GEJ / Chinua Achebe Is Ignorant Of The Situation In Nigeria - GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by againstGEJ(m): 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2011
"Last year Valentine Uche Chukwuma asked what my plans were for itinerant scholars found mostly in Northern Nigeria and commonly referred to as Almajiri. Though I responded then, I want to give further feedback of the fact that the FG by my direct intervention made provision this year to build boarding houses for them so they learn under a conducive environment and grow up to be adequately prepared for life. GEJ"
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Nsiman(m): 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2011
Just praying that the state govts concern won't sabotage ur effort
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Rhino5dm: 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2011
GEJ keeps on making people doubt his Phd. on what ground does Mr. president thinks that providing boarding facilities is the solution to the Almajiri system.

The problem of the Almajiri's is far beyond this cosmetic solution package to win more votes. so lemme guess, after putting up a boarding facilities then the gullible potential extremist among them will just give up thier radicalism or what??

my 2 cent. . .

The root cause of Almajiranci as they are widely refer to are

1. Extreme poverty of the parents of the Almajiris

2. Mis-guided notion of the islamic validation of the system

3. Extreme illiteracy level of the parent of Almajiris

4. Total neglect and non chalent atitude of those responsible to take care of childreni.e social welfare
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by againstGEJ(m): 8:52pm On Feb 17, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

GEJ keeps on making people doubt his Phd. on what ground does Mr. president thinks that providing boarding facilities is the solution to the Almajiri system.

The problem of the Almajiri's is far beyond this cosmetic solution package to win more votes. so lemme guess, after putting up a boarding facilities then the gullible potential extremist among them will just give up thier radicalism or what??

my 2 cent. . .

The root cause of Almajiranci as they are widely refer to are

1. Extreme poverty of the parents of the Almajiris

2. Mis-guided notion of the islamic validation of the system

3. Extreme illiteracy level of the parent of Almajiris

4. Total neglect and non chalent atitude of those responsible to take care of childreni.e social welfare

You dont seem to understand yourself.

So building boarding houses for destitutes is a misplaced priority?

You have spoken big english but havent outlined the solution.

1 Like

Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Rhino5dm: 9:04pm On Feb 17, 2011
5. High level of corruption of political office holders and neglect of thier primary responsibility and violation of the social contract.

The solution to this menace is  

1. commitment and political will of government ot stem out this horrible system
2. making a law prohibiting and non acceptability of the system
3. prosecuting any scholar that act contrary to the law.
4. Massive awearness of the implication of exposing children to such danger
4. child labour act should come into life.
5. islamic scholars should be force to take a stance(afteral no one can fight government)
6. clamp down on any existing almajiri school and prohibition of establishing new ones

NO AMOUNT OF ANY BOADING FACILITIES CAN CHANGE THE MENTALITY OF ALMAJIRI SYSTEM IN THE NORTH, INSTEAD MORE PARENT WILL BE ENCOURAGE TO STOP BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WELFARE OF THEIR CHILDREN AND BREWING POTENTIAL TERRORIST.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Rhino5dm: 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2011
if truely you people are looking for genuine solution, then take mine for FREE.

againstGEJ:

You dont seem to understand yourself.

So building boarding houses for destitutes is a misplaced priority?

You have spoken big english but havent outlined the solution.

What qualifiy an Almajiri to be called a destitute?? do you even know what you are talking about.
look there is a big distinction between almajiri and a begger.

with the way you are going about this an afraid to say noting meaningful will come out of it
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Rhino5dm: 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2011
more than 90% of the parent of these almajiris are known(apart from few aliens from chad, Niger and cameroun), funny enough a handful of them bring the the children to the mallams in person(some are even public figuresand well to do). They do that to shy away from thier primary responsibilities of taking care of their children and mostly against their will.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Nsiman(m): 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2011
My bros, nothing dn't need orientation, it is ur responsibility (if u are in the north) to assist in orientating both parents and almajiris themselves for the need to secure their future through education. There is a child right act in existence tho some states hasn't pass the bill into law, if u can assist in sponsoring the bill thro the house of assembly, its a kudos to u.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Nsiman(m): 9:23pm On Feb 17, 2011
My bros, nothing dn't need orientation, it is ur responsibility (if u are in the north) to assist in orientating both parents and almajiris themselves for the need to secure their future through education. There is a child right act in existence tho some states hasn't pass the bill into law, if u can assist in sponsoring the bill thro the house of assembly, its a kudos to u.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by karlmax2: 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2011
@rhino or hippo.from u to I guess u support BUHARI or RIBADU.
The same people that made the almajiris parent illitrate,
2. The same people who subjected their parents to illitracy and poverty so that they can use them as tools to wipe up islamic sentiment.

We have seen how acn wants to build the future of nigerian kids giving the eggs and juice or milk to all nigerian children probably that contract might go to tinubus mother who is the leader of the market women association in lagos and his house of rep contestant daugther who is the 2nd in command.we know them buy there opening campain did u see any ordinary man in there mist? They were having lunch.and talking to themself there it was based on invitation to a selected few
Is it BUHARI who help in improvish them.so as to use them as his child soldiers.BUHARI and RIBADU live with them what have they done for them.BUHARI was in government since after the civil war to abachas era did he DO this for them, only give them peanut from his PTF loot and the NNPC 2.8billion dollars nnpc money that was discovered in his personal acct?.is it ribadu that dined with the so called corrupt pdp for more than 8yrs as EFCC chairman how did he give back to the almajiris what has he done for the ones from his state did he give them egg and milk as he is claiming to do for all nigerian children.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Rhino5dm: 9:34pm On Feb 17, 2011
Get thee behind me devil beaf/feab/Ma j blidge/karl max. grin grin grin you dont worth my time!!!

karl max:

@rhino or hippo.from u to I guess u support BUHARI or RIBADU.
The same people that made the almajiris parent illitrate,
2. The same people who subjected their parents to illitracy and poverty so that they can use them as tools to wipe up islamic sentiment.

We have seen how acn wants to build the future of nigerian kids giving the eggs and juice or milk to all nigerian children probably that contract might go to tinubus mother who is the leader of the market women association in lagos and his house of rep contestant daugther who is the 2nd in command.we know them buy there opening campain did u see any ordinary man in there mist? They were having lunch.and talking to themself there it was based on invitation to a selected few
Is it BUHARI who help in improvish them.so as to use them as his child soldiers.BUHARI and RIBADU live with them what have they done for them.BUHARI was in government since after the civil war to abachas era did he DO this for them, only give them peanut from his PTF loot and the NNPC 2.8billion dollars nnpc money that was discovered in his personal acct?.is it ribadu that dined with the so called corrupt pdp for more than 8yrs as EFCC chairman how did he give back to the almajiris what has he done for the ones from his state did he give them egg and milk as he is claiming to do for all nigerian children.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by karlmax2: 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2011
Quote from RHINO So building boarding houses for destitutes is a misplaced priority?
It is the first step.at least they would have where to live and learn all the stuff u outlined on ur previous post.what did u call them a destitude meanin they don't have where to stay and a boarding school facilities provide mean shelter,education,clothing all in one.we need to GEJ knws what he is doing the children are the future of northern nigeria he shouldn't allow them to be used like their parents were used througout the 50yrs of northern rule
NB don't mind my sentence on my privious post am typing from my phone so I can't see until a post thanks
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by blacksta(m): 9:49pm On Feb 17, 2011
So karl max is the latest moniker for beaf

This person no dey tire at all. grin
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Rhino5dm: 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2011
There is a limit an individual can go in fighting a corrupt system(ask PDP wink). If truely the government is willing to eradicate this cancer(which i still doubt its sincerity. where are they going to be recruiting political thugs from?? grin grin grin ). Personally, i did my own quota while in university then, if you care to known.
but, the force required to quench the havoc can only be generated and sustain by an active government

Nsiman:

My bros, nothing dn't need orientation, it is your responsibility (if u are in the north) to assist in orientating both parents and almajiris themselves for the need to secure their future through education. There is a child right act in existence tho some states hasn't pass the bill into law, if u can assist in sponsoring the bill thro the house of assembly, its a kudos to u.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by againstGEJ(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

if truely you people are looking for genuine solution, then take mine for FREE.

[i]What qualifiy an Almajiri to be called a destitute?? do you even know what you are talking about.
[/i]look there is a big distinction between almajiri and a begger.

with the way you are going about this an afraid to say noting meaningful will come out of it

You really make me burst out laughing.

Do you have a dictionary? In case you do not have, the dictionary defines a destitute as below:

Lacking resources or the means of subsistence; completely impoverished. See Synonyms at poor.

Do you now know why an Almajiri is a destitute? LOL
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by karlmax2: 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2011
Rhino.5dm:
Get thee behind me devil beaf/feab/Ma j blidge/karl max. you dont worth my time!!!

That is the best u can do.like the rascals u support without facts.am sure u were wishing it was RIBADU or BUHARI that made this move.but unfortunately their IQ is so low to think of such initiative.their IQ can only come up with giving NIGERIAN CHILDREN ONE EGG,SOME JUICE A DAY that is his program for all nigerian child including almajiris.when u are faced with issues u criticize blinded and fled like the people u support blinded follower
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by karlmax2: 10:18pm On Feb 17, 2011
blacksta:
So karl max is the latest moniker for beaf

This person no dey tire at all.   

By who they follow u shall knw dem.u exibit the trait of the person u follow a forum was pasted u can't respond to it maturedly u resort to name calling like who u support am sure is either BUHARI OR his younger version RIBADU.who don't tolerate criticism.what u should knw is nigeria is in a democracy now where everybody has FREEDOM OF SPEECH! Not those dark days of Decree 20 of 1983 and the era of disobey court orders because ur godfather was the president.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Rhino5dm: 10:25pm On Feb 17, 2011
common! re read my post and stop blabbing. so can i called you a destitute, when your parents are well to do and you are forcefully againts your wish to habitate in  some weird location and be acting  like a lunatic?? which will your prefer taking you back to the comfort of your parents or making that horrible place a permanent home for you ??

your notion is among many ignorantly percieved ones toward almajiri system. cut that crap from dictionary and listen attentively, these children are casuality of porverty and ingnorance.
GEJ should put them to thier parent if truely he want to help them. period!!!

againstGEJ:

You really make me burst out laughing.

Do you have a dictionary? In case you do not have, the dictionary defines a destitute as below:

Lacking resources or the means of subsistence; completely impoverished. See Synonyms at poor.

Do you now know why an Almajiri is a destitute? LOL
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Rhino5dm: 10:43pm On Feb 17, 2011
ssmh@ this dolt. take time and see where i belong from my previous post and stop acting like a stupor-drunken fisherman with about to capsize ship or has

GEJ infested you with his act-before-think pandemic??

karl max:

Rhino.5dm:
Get thee behind me devil beaf/feab/Ma j blidge/karl max. you dont worth my time!!!

That is the best u can do.like the rascals u support without facts.am sure u were wishing it was RIBADU or BUHARI that made this move.but unfortunately their IQ is so low to think of such initiative.their IQ can only come up with giving NIGERIAN CHILDREN ONE EGG,SOME JUICE A DAY that is his program for all nigerian child including almajiris.when u are faced with issues u criticize blinded and fled like the people u support blinded follower
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Feb 17, 2011
Are Almajiri's really HOMELESS FOLKS or simply BEGGARS??
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by ShangoThor(m): 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2011
Oh no, this is an extremely bad idea!

Apart from the obvious, the discriminatory nature of the solution, where the FG effectively is acting like a 'Welfare State' and is
not going to be pumping the funds into more general'Boarding Houses for Orphans', but specifically targeting a problem created by
'religious beliefs', my main question is "who is going to monitor these boarding houses"? Will the FG monitor what is being taught
or whats going on in these boarding houses? Or will the FG build the 'boarding houses' and then observe the religious rights of the
group(s) as is the practice now!

If the answer to the poised question above is 'NAY', the FG will not monitor the Boarding houses, then we could potentially
be creating a massive problem for ourselves in the future. We could be building Boarding houses that  will be converted into
terrorist training camps that will be used to wreak havoc on the rest of the population in the future.

The point is this alleged 'Solution' might actually create a problem in the future. This is also an issue that has been discerned
in Pakistan.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by stormm: 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

GEJ keeps on making people doubt his Phd. on what ground does Mr. president thinks that providing boarding facilities is the solution to the Almajiri system. The problem of the Almajiri's is far beyond this cosmetic solution package to win more votes. so lemme guess, after putting up a boarding facilities then the gullible potential extremist among them will just give up thier radicalism or what??

Very valid point. To resolve the problems of almajiri has to be holistic. The thing is firmly rooted in the religion and culture of the Hausa/Fulani. I remember attending the launch of nomadic education in Abuja. It turned out to be another jamboree and yearly budget sharing.
againstGEJ:

You dont seem to understand yourself.So building boarding houses for destitutes is a misplaced priority?You have spoken big english but havent outlined the solution.

Are Almajiris homeless?
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by againstGEJ(m): 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2011
LOL.

Go to Birnin Kebbi and find out.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by againstGEJ(m): 7:06pm On Feb 18, 2011
The issue of almajiraira has remained worrisome in the minds of northern elite. This is because the practice has been a source of ebarrassment to the region.

The word ALMAJIRI emanated from the Arabic word “AL- MUHAJIRIN”, the concept of Al-MUHAJIRUN came as a result of Prophet Muhammed’s migration from Mecca to Medina, meaning the emigrant. In Hausa land the term Almajiri could take any of the following forms any person irrespective of gender, who begs for assistance on the street or from house to house as a result of some deformity or disability; children between the ages of seven and fifteen who attend informal religious school who equally roam about with the purpose of getting assistance or aims; or even a child who engages in some form of labour to earn a living.

Almajiri syndrome can be said to be another form of child abuse, in the sense that children are exposed to laborious work at tender age, normally children between the ages of seven and twenty. Their mallams cannot feed nor provide the necessities of life for them therefore they embark on begging or laboured work in order to survive and gain.

The Almajiri syndrome or phenomenon is alarming because It takes a different dimension compared to the initial idea of Almajiri formation. Almajirai plural of almajiri are children that are sent to school for learning by parents, but instead of doing what they are expected to, they will be seen roaming the street beging and engaging in unnecessary activities in which they will eventually became a burden to the society due to lack of career guidance and counselling by teachers.

Such children (the Almajirai') are usually aggressive and violent as they are exposed to different forms of pressure, problems, hunger and jobs that demand several times their energy and weight before the job Is accomplished. Some of them do go to restaurants to wash plates, fetch water so that they will be given left over foods. They are all over the streets, very dirty, hungry thirsty, they lack all kinds of necessities of life and at times they cause traffic hazards.

Child labour is a fundamental factor of child abuse, these children who are laboured about in our communities are our children. They are the leaders of tommorrow as aged ones are dying up the younger ones replace them. They are our future hope and pillars, without which the future may look bleak in terms of development, because all these violent exhibiting children grow up to become criminals in the society within which they live, hence set back in the society because the increase in number of crime that is being attributed to increase of criminals in the society.

This issue of begging is more common in the northern part of Nigeria where the children are being denied their rights including the right to western education. As the case may be, these children turn out to be loosers in whatever perspective because some of them may not concentrate to learn even the spiritual knowledge they are sent for talkless of the western education. They are automatically denied.

Usually a child becomes an Almajiri when there is high striking poverty line in his family to take care of his essential needs such as sustenance. Some children are forced to become one simply when they lose their parents and when their relatives or guardians cannot keep them. Most of such children become victims when their parents send them to Quranic schools outside their hometowns.

A child is usually taken away from his parents, his relatives, and his home to some remote areas for the purpose of learning the recitation of holy Qur’an. At the end of the day the child will learn less If any about the. Qur'an recitation and more mischievous acts. This exercise is prevailing in the northern part of Nigeria as the Hausa/Fulani are predominantly Moslems and settlers of the north.

Social psychologists also noted that when a child is exposed to labour at a tender age and deprived with little or no benefit and entertainment, such child normally develops the habit of loneliness and thus lead to schizophrenia, therefore children’s right must be protected, preserved and maintained, similarly they should be given equal rights and priviledges as adults for a brighter future. The primary or basic children’s needs are right to education, health, entertainment, association, interaction, shelter and nutrition. Once these essential needs are provided, there is no doubt that they can perform wonderfully in their undertakings and can deliver as leaders of tomorrow.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by againstGEJ(m): 7:08pm On Feb 18, 2011
It is very sad how people who know nothing about anything go about criticising every effort government makes and makes their own way seem to be the perfect and effective solution to that which they know absolutely nothing about.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Rhino5dm: 7:57pm On Feb 18, 2011
Mr. against or forGEJ undecided undecided, why do you think people will take your jabber with any pinch of salt?? the solution to almajiranci has been posted already either you take it or keep on deluding your self with efforts to make GEj credible. dictionary or google will not help you, log off and go see for yourself whats on ground. its vexes me seeing you pounding this issue.

And stop argueing on issue you have no clue of, cos the mask covering your stu.pi.dity has been shred in to pieces. friendly advise.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by againstGEJ(m): 8:00pm On Feb 18, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Mr. against for GEJ undecided undecided, why do you think people will take your jabber with any pinch of salt?? the solution to almajiranci has been posted already either you take it or keep on deluding your self with efforts to make GEj credible. dictionary or google will not help you, log off and go see for yourself whats on ground. its vexes me seeing you pounding this issue.

And stop argueing on issue you have no clue of, cos the mask covering your stu.pi.dity has been shred in to pieces. friendly advise.

People like you just cant stop exhibiting the animal in you. Honestly. It is only an animal, a beast of no nature, who calls another person st-upid for the sake of driving home a point. Honestly speaking. You have no shame. Name calling only goes to expose your madness albeit in the festering stage of a gigantic proportion.

I dont care if you think anyone is credible or not, but for you, a nobody, to come up here, threaten others and push your "solution" down our throat is not acceptable.

Was it not the same you who said Almajiris are not destitutes?
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Rhino5dm: 8:15pm On Feb 18, 2011
^^^ Did i strike a raw nerve?? look! mor0n i will not seat down and allow you play your useless politics with such issue of great importance. The issue you raise is very personal to me for your fukking information. even if GEJ should log in, am gonna tell him to his face that he is LAIR on this one.
so get ready slowpoke, am watching you!
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by againstGEJ(m): 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2011
I am thinking you are one Almajiri somewhere. No wonder. Sorry for arguing with an almajiri or a wannabe almajiri.

May your race never decline. May you born more Almajiris like you. I agree with all the names you have called me, Stu-pid, M-oron, and even more.

So, you should be happy now. Abeg. Lets clap for him. Almajiri. No wonder you cant write proper english, because it is not the language of Almajiris.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Rhino5dm: 8:45pm On Feb 18, 2011
Am i not better than a stupor drunken fisherman with about to capsize ship??. what a hopeless eediot, take your lies to deluded ilks of yours. why will i be surprise at your mor0nic effort to sell your expired product(GEJ) through the back door. ssmh at this co.word with a single digit IQ claiming to be againstGEJ.
instead of organising evening classes for that stench illiterate called patience jonathan, your are here peddling lies and playing politics with the lives of innocent children.
take it to the creeks, they are still bleeping their mothers.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by againstGEJ(m): 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2011
You need some food? Almajiri wannabe? Bring your dirty empty unwashed food plastic. Remember to call your remnants.
Re: Boarding Facilities For Almajiris Of The Northern Part Of Nigeria - Gej by Rhino5dm: 9:08pm On Feb 18, 2011
you think say roasted plaintain( bole) and fish na food or banana with groundnut na food?? better think about how to wash your smelly mouth after eating semi rotten starch called loi loi grin grin grin.

eediot! i will prefer you giving me those strippers grin grin for short time cheesy cheesy tongue.

food ko, food ni.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Was Awo Guilty Of War Crimes? / Amazing!!! T.B Joshua Runs A Nation In A Country / Power Tussle in Nigeria; SEASON 1- GAME OF ThRONE (photo Gallery)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.