Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,371 members, 7,850,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:09 PM

Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation (23292 Views)

President-elect, Bola Tinubu Accepts Wike's Invitation To Commission Projects / Sanwo-olu Lands In Port Harcourt On Wike's Invitation (Video) / Osinbajo, Obasanjo & Wike At Bala Mohammed Daughter's Wedding (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by Golan007: 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
Abujaexpress:
A crime was committed in Odi before soldiers a military action was authorized in Odi. Learn from history so that you don't become a future victim
You mean mowing down old and young is history I should learn from?

If that isn't genocide then you must be a sociopath.

1 Like

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by stanisbaratheon: 10:45pm On Aug 22, 2020
As much as I don't like Wike, the clamor by El-rufai and his terrorist-loving supporters are baseless because, Wike is already a member of the NBA. If the NBA can remove Wike, they should as well disbar him. Because you can't stop him from attending and then still have him as a member of the NBA.
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by AnanseK(m): 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2020
Racoon:
Terrorists have infiltrated the NBA that they're now dictating what goes on or who does what.Well, I only blame the association for allowing evil politicians to shamelessly use its platform to advance their dirty deals.

It is IPOB that is dictating to NBA and now everything has backfired. They have to cancel the conference or re-name it SNBA ( Southern Nigeria Bar Association) Conference as I’m sure more Northern state branches will announce their boycott.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by iamjavadem(m): 10:50pm On Aug 22, 2020
Exactly, anybody with human rights abuse record has no business being at that event.
Agbegbaorogboye:

The questions I keep asking you are,
1. Why highlight his religion or tribe in an effort to ask for equal treatment. Was his religion highlighted as the cause of his removal?
2. Why pick only Wike and OBJ when you desire equal treatment before the law. Why not add Malami the chief law officer of the present admin which has repeatedly abused human rights? At least that will send a stronger than usual message to the present govt?
Can you in honesty answer these questions or are you also a bigot like the man you're defending?

1 Like

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by Clergy20: 10:50pm On Aug 22, 2020
In all these, I blame the NBA. They really goofed in withdrawing the invite for El-Rufai on the basis of an ordinary petition, which they never substantiated nor did they give El-Rufai the opportunity to defend himself against. It gives room for any Tom, Dick and Harry to just write a petition against anybody and that’s it. The worst they could have done was to ask the petitioners to confront El-Rufai with their petitions at the conference and let the man defend himself. To have acted on a mere petition negates the principle of fair hearing and justice. They really have no choice than to drop OBJ and Wike, otherwise, they would be adjudged to be having double standards and it’s dangerous when it’s seen to be along ethno-religious lines

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by AnanseK(m): 10:52pm On Aug 22, 2020
stanisbaratheon:
As much as I don't like Wike, the clamor by El-rufai and his terrorist-loving supporters are baseless because, Wike is already a member of the NBA. If the NBA can remove Wike, they should as well disbar him. Because you can't stop him from attending and then still have him as a member of the NBA.

It is clearly double standards if Wike is allowed to be a guest speaker there. The aim is to ridicule a Northern Muslim Governor , you cannot deceive all the people all of the time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by geoffez: 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
Reading comment here shows that northerners are the problem of Nigeria in general.How can a living being compare killing in Kaduna to rivers state,very soon,the same sane person will compare security chalenges in bornu state to Enugu state.
So bcs el-rufai was dropped,it must be selective ok,woke from south/south/east
Obj from south south.can we see the problem of this country.Even if an hausa person plunging this country to death,he should remain there and be untouchable,and you come out to tell me that he that reason such a way is a normal human being?,where's democracy and unity of the nation,are we still one Nigeria?,I see no unity in all this post.i read a comment what the same el-rufai son said,and no northerners is saying anything about it not even call him to an order,the same boy have been on news so.many times with stupid speaches,DSS nor police never call him to an order bcs he's a northerner,if he's south east/south south,they would have started there stupid protest.If we really believe that Nigeria is one,we must work toward that with truth and stop all tribal segregations.thanks
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by stanisbaratheon: 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
AnanseK:

It is clearly double standards if Wike is allowed to be a guest speaker there. The aim is to ridicule a Northern Muslim Governor , you cannot deceive all the people all of the time.

I'm not seeing a regional, ethnic or religious undertone in this matter. Femi Falana and his SAN colleagues stated what turned out to be fact about El-rufai's flagrant disobedience to court orders even when others were obeying such orders, and many more.

On what ground should Wike be removed??
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by Smoothcom: 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
[Ur stupid and ur an evill woman been quote author=kikero post=93099559]

The same way Rivfers people voted Wike after all the security issue, and most Nigerians (your state inclusive) voted Obasanjo after the Odi and Zaki Biam issue.

The problem I have with you and the pro-el rufai gang on this site is that the dead people in Southern Kaduna and elsewhere don't really matter to you, nor does the security of Nigeria. All that matters is getting your man into Aso Rock so that you can benefit from chopping.

I am just pointing out the falacy of your argument. If you want to bar El Rufai rightly in my opinion for his bad deed, then you have to bar Obasanjo not only for his own bad deed, but even Wike. (And Rivers state still has a security issue up till now). You cannot be barring Northerners and turing a blind eye to Southern atricites. You will end up like Bauchi and Yobe NBA and the grills guy here on this site...who turn a blind eye to Northern bad deeds.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by maasoap(m): 11:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
SLAP44:
Obasanjo and Wike were not accused of being front like Boko haram commanders.

So, Elrufai is now a front for Boko Haram commanders? You guys are getting dumber everyday. And being a front for Boko Haram commanders is the only offence for anyone to get disqualified for the invitation? It doesn't matter if they ever did something else wrong?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by AnanseK(m): 11:20pm On Aug 22, 2020
stanisbaratheon:

I'm not seeing a regional, ethnic or religious undertone in this matter. Femi Falana and his SAN colleagues stated what turned out to be fact about El-rufai's flagrant disobedience to court orders even when others were obeying such orders, and many more.

There too many reasons why Wike should not be honored as a speaker if that is their policy. I will just refer you to another thread here

https://www.nairaland.com/6070384/group-asks-nba-withdraw-obasanjo#93098302

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by AnanseK(m): 11:22pm On Aug 22, 2020
stanisbaratheon:

I will also share one of my posts again with you here:

Nyesom Wike is one of the speakers at this SNBA (Southern Nigeria Bar Association )Conference.

This is what Wike was saying while wielding a matchete and addressing a political rally . He will probably address the Bar Association Conference wielding his machete and threatening people’s lives as usual. These are the favored Conference speakers.

Addressing the people and wielding the machete, the Governor Wike said,

“… If they don’t steer clear from Rivers state, since you have given me this machette, I will not look back. I will just use it and cut all of them. Is there any APC again here? Is there any APC in this state again? It’s as if they don’t want to hear, let me hear now. Because, before our people didn’t give us anything, now they have given us the go ahead. I didn’t come with this machette. As I came here, they gave it to me, okwaya? So, you know the implication of giving me machete, is it not? I should use it and clear all the unwanted. Is it not true? So, all those that know, don’t come closer to me because my people have given me the instrument to go to war and you know what it means if I catch you…”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by stanisbaratheon: 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
AnanseK:

There too many reasons why Wike should not be honored as a speaker if that is their policy. I will just refer you to another thread here

https://www.nairaland.com/6070384/group-asks-nba-withdraw-obasanjo#93098302

Fair enough, but does this make it a tribal thing??

From the link you've shared and from your earlier comment, you've called it the name it is "double standard"
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by Sonoyom(m): 11:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
The lawyers accused Wike of destroying properties. These ones are slow.pokes, they do not deserve our reply.
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by luluman: 12:35am On Aug 23, 2020
kikero:

But Obj was responsible for the Odi and Zaki Biam issue, while Wike has presided over a state that has its own share of insecruty.

And yes, El rufai too is just worse compared to Wike.

All of them have no buisness attending the NBA confrence to speak there, if what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Noooo, only good for the short goose not the huge/tall gander.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by jaxxy(m): 1:03am On Aug 23, 2020
Copy cats. Let them give tangible reasons. tongue A governor who’s state is on fire wants to go and give speech for what
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by NGpatriot: 1:05am On Aug 23, 2020
NBA, see ya life...

When this said and done, na only their ipob members go remain..

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by AnanseK(m): 2:08am On Aug 23, 2020
stanisbaratheon:

Fair enough, but does this make it a tribal thing??

From the link you've shared and from your earlier comment, you've called it the name it is "double standard"

When you have a rule or principle applied unfairly to one group or one person out of many. There must be a reason and in this case the reason is the hostility and resentment for the north and Islam that the vast majority of southerners are brought up with, right from theirchildhood and fueled by the vocal and more plentiful southern media.

Of course you may want to deny this, but it is my opinion and I believe the opinion of a large proportion of Northerners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by Stand4YorubaIgbo: 2:22am On Aug 23, 2020
NGpatriot:
NBA, see ya life...

When this said and done, na only their ipob members go remain..

grin grin
wat is d business with ipob, they use ipob swear for ur destiny that u reason like turkey(dumbest animal ever) so is ipob that is d control of NBA
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by NGpatriot: 2:35am On Aug 23, 2020
Stand4YorubaIgbo:
wat is d business with ipob, they use ipob swear for ur destiny that u reason like turkey(dumbest animal ever) so is ipob that is d control of NBA

Why is it paining you? Are you ipob or is your name ipob?

Must be guilty conscience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by Stand4YorubaIgbo: 2:52am On Aug 23, 2020
NGpatriot:

Why is it paining you? Are you ipob or is your name ipob?

Must be guilty conscience.

am not ipob and I will never be, but u hv been shouting ipob since without no sensible comment like if dey use it to swear for u.
And u must be terrorist supporter that way ur pple are dying and killed by terrorist becus u are just like ur northern leaders don't care about d poor ones up north
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by NGpatriot: 2:58am On Aug 23, 2020
Stand4YorubaIgbo:
am not ipob and I will never be, but u hv been shouting ipob since without no sensible comment like if dey use it to swear for u.

Then why are you here suffocating if you are not ipob? Maybe you really are...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by Stand4YorubaIgbo: 3:09am On Aug 23, 2020
NGpatriot:

Then why are you here suffocating if you are not ipob? Maybe you really are...
I don't give a dame about anything to do with ipob, but will rather support ipob than supporting a terrorist like ur god hell rufai and ur follow.
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by spiralwedge(m): 3:52am On Aug 23, 2020
El Rufai is evil, period.

He has shown it, spoken it, demonstrated it, led it. He doesn't hide it esp against the good laid back people of S. kaduna.
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by NGpatriot: 3:54am On Aug 23, 2020
Stand4YorubaIgbo:
I don't give a dame about anything to do with ipob, but will rather support ipob than supporting a terrorist like ur god hell rufai and ur follow.

Koburu ipob.. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by Stand4YorubaIgbo: 6:04am On Aug 23, 2020
NGpatriot:

Koburu ipob.. grin grin
why shining that ur dirty terrorist teeth, d only thing I will say is that d hell rufia u always defending is evil and he don't even know u exit.
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by Eryyy92: 6:11am On Aug 23, 2020
Golan007:
Very good.
Is it not Wike that has been sponsoring massive killings in Rivers state?
Demolishing private property despite court orders against such.

Obasanjo ordered the mowing down of Odi.
one fool spotted
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by kurupt1: 7:02am On Aug 23, 2020
Clergy20:
In all these, I blame the NBA. They really goofed in withdrawing the invite for El-Rufai on the basis of an ordinary petition, which they never substantiated nor did they give El-Rufai the opportunity to defend himself against. It gives room for any Tom, Dick and Harry to just write a petition against anybody and that’s it. The worst they could have done was to ask the petitioners to confront El-Rufai with their petitions at the conference and let the man defend himself. To have acted on a mere petition negates the principle of fair hearing and justice. They really have no choice than to drop OBJ and Wike, otherwise, they would be adjudged to be having double standards and it’s dangerous when it’s seen to be along ethno-religious lines
Absolute buncom!
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 23, 2020
Golan007:
Very good.

Is it not Wike that has been sponsoring massive killings in Rivers state?

Demolishing private property despite court orders against such.

Obasanjo ordered the mowing down of Odi.
I hope you have evidence to defend the accusation?
Don't think this place is all that anonymous.
Be careful.
Re: Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation by Golan007: 7:07am On Aug 23, 2020
TheWrita:

I hope you have evidence to defend the accusation?
Don't think this place is all that anonymous.
Be careful.

Don't be stupid.

You hypocrite.

You are ready to call El-Rufai any name because he's a muslim but once they call Wike the blood thirsty cultist out, you go into delirium tremens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Osinbajo chartered private chopper for Kabba trip – Investigation / Ibrahim Yakubu Lame Dies / Pantami Wins Award: Most Outstanding Minister (People & Power Magazine)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.