Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) (58772 Views)

Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials / Why We Killed Three Policemen On Covert Duty "Nigerians Army Revealed" (photos) / Policemen On Rescue Mission Run For Their Lives On Seeing Gunmen Along Benin-Ore (2) (3) (4)

Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 23, 2020
pmoye:
This is obviously a stereotype, and stereotypes are dangerous. That they are young and they drive a nice ride doesn't automatically make them criminals. Neither is their hairstyle a reason for that conclusion. Years ago while doing my PhD in Europe I was on braids as a guy and I have never in my life being into any kind of fraud. Had you or the Nigerian police seen me then and in a fine ride they would have concluded I was a criminal.

Our law says: innocent UNTIL proven guilty. Right to that innocence before being judicially proven to be guilty is a fundamental human right. Even for a suspect caught in the act. That is the secular constitution that guides us. It should guide us as citizens of Nigeria and we should insist that it also guides the law enforcement.

Nigerians should normalize crashing the traffic in solidarity with citizens are who being victimized by the police on the highway. That's a powerful way to drive sense into these police officers.

It is not a crime to be young and rich. Many of us who had been thus previously profiled while Nigeria can testify that it is a very bad indeed.

Police officers stopping you:
sizing your age up from your looks,
looking again at your ride and asking you if you are the owner,
you handing over all up-to-date documents to him when he asked for it
getting angry that he has nothing to hold onto
asking for your source of livelihood

Everything checks out, and the police still going on about arresting you...just for being young ... At that point I simply ask them to lead me to their station. I have done this several times in Nigeria and the drive to their station affords me enough time to call the lawyers (oh I never hand over my phone to any police officer, never!). I also ensure I do not travel alone. Very important. At the station I always ask to talk to the most superior officer who in my experience usually happen to have a good deal of humanity, and most times they turn it to a joke and beg me to give the boys something..

You know ehn, wetin dey vex me be say you people wey hold bar to commot this country, una still dey come back, to do wetin bikonu? Man if I smell abroad ehn, thunder fire me if I come back here.
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by dafeoroyo: 11:50am On Aug 23, 2020
What's wrong with our youth of this day? Driving a Benz does not warrant you above the law,if police are doing their allow them,always be slow.to anger

Live a coded and quiet live,I know one man in my area,the man has like 10 house scattered all around my area,very coded a man,with many cars,if u see the man very quiet,always on short knicker you can never know this man have money
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by Essence20(m): 11:51am On Aug 23, 2020
They are lucky these ain't those trigger-happy ones
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by mamaafrik(m): 11:51am On Aug 23, 2020
Ndi ara police ,ogbasara gi with my Chevrolet phantom,you wan collect my ego ,i no gif you you con dey form FBI untop my matter.
Eni kuure
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by mokt(m): 11:52am On Aug 23, 2020
Honesty, no need to dey fight police
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by charles2999(m): 11:52am On Aug 23, 2020
samuel19222:
I was at the scene morning around 10 am when the police was trying to stop these young men in their benz but the young men dont wanna stop and the police had to block the highway because of them and in the process causing alot of traffic, it happen opposite Nestle plc along the busy idiroko road.
Police and Benz are like pant and bra, allow our boys to enjoy their life
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by Femeto: 11:53am On Aug 23, 2020
Yahoo Boys.
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by LifeOfTrigga(m): 11:55am On Aug 23, 2020
Chinedu2dope:
forget about there looks/appearance..they might be doing something legal..I don't y we judge by looks/hairstyle n the rest.

No mind the mumu, Besides belle no care anything you do to feed m Na illegal or not o..
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 23, 2020
cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy they no even ma they fear weather the dude get corona, see as them they catch am cheesy cheesy
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by pmoye(m): 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
I perfectly understand where you are coming from. I was thinking exactly like this more than a decade ago before I left... But then I left and realized that Nigeria will always be home for me. As terrible and toxic as our society often gets in Nigeria, there's no where else in the world that I would be and not wish I was home...

And reading the history of different developed countries, it's easy to see that they all passed through the phase we are going through in Nigeria. Someday, perhaps not in our time, we too will get there... In fact, I am still of the opinion that down the line in time this world will someday witness Nigeria as the global power. We have the fundamentals... the ruggedness of an average Nigerian, the resourcefulness to make it at all cost (even though poor value system often lands many Nigerians on the criminal side here), the doggedness (Nigerians survive anywhere and everywhere), the fierce sense of hope and optimism, the population, the unmatched sense of humor, and so on... Leadership is all that is left; and there is that probability that we are close to getting that right. May not be at the national level to start with... a couple of states is what is required to get leadership right and the fire will catch on.

Someday, Nigeria will make every black man proud of being an African. That's probably still the Nigerian in me talking. grin

SegFault:

You know ehn, wetin dey vex me be say you people wey hold bar to commot this country, una still dey come back, to do wetin bikonu? Man if I smell abroad ehn, thunder fire me if I come back here.
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by gnykelly(m): 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
infogenerator:
Looking at the photos we all know what's going on.

✓The Young guys driving benz are obviously into something not too far from illegal.

✓The police obviously knows this, hence they are bent on stopping them and collecting their share.

✓Things have gotten so bad in this country, that in situations like this, you don't even know who to support. Everybody is just wrong one way or the other.

Na family fight, make we rest jare!

why conclude they are into something illegal. some comes from privileged background. some got lucky while young
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
Don't drag with an armed officer. Sorry will not be our case in Jesus name.Amen
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by LMS1(m): 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
"YAHOO BOYS FIGHT WITH POLICE IN OGUN" that is what some people saw
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by kachi19: 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
infogenerator:
Looking at the photos we all know what's going on.

✓The Young guys driving benz are obviously into something not too far from illegal.

✓The police obviously knows this, hence they are bent on stopping them and collecting their share.

✓Things have gotten so bad in this country, that in situations like this, you don't even know who to support. Everybody is just wrong one way or the other.

Na family fight, make we rest jare!

What do you mean "obviously into something not too illegal" ?? lmao see this mentality is what will keep Africa in the pocket for more years to come. It's bad, how we black people preview success especially in the young people. Weakens the right Mentally, kills morale. Why can't one be young and legally successful in the African mindset? we're always very quick to judge... It irks me!
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by Ebpumping: 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2020
Slawormir

So Damnnnn niggarr

Is all you have to say in this matter

Well

Iso alright
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by seanwilliam(m): 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
dafeoroyo:
What's wrong with our youth of this day? Driving a Benz does not warrant you above the law,if police are doing their allow them,always be slow.to anger

Live a coded and quiet live,I know one man in my area,the man has like 10 house scattered all around my area,very coded a man,with many cars,if u see the man very quiet,always on short knicker you can never know this man have money

Na why I hate nigeria.. what's wrong in flaunting one's wealth as one deem fit?? Naija which way
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by seborrhic: 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Passionate888:
I blame buhari, where the change wey him promise them? That dul lard no do any tangible thing sef
You are still asking for change?
Anybody that still does not know Buhari is the greatest scam since the British almagamated Nigeria in 1914,is a "compound" fo ol.
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2020
pmoye:
I perfectly understand where you are coming from. I was thinking exactly like this more than a decade ago before I left... But then I left and realized that Nigeria will always be home for me. As terrible and toxic as our society often gets in Nigeria, there's no where else in the world that I would be and not wish I was home...

And reading the history of different developed countries, it's easy to see that they all passed through the phase we are going through in Nigeria. Someday, perhaps not in our time, we too will get there... In fact, I am still of the opinion that down the line in time this world will someday witness Nigeria as the global power. We have the fundamentals... the ruggedness of an average Nigerian, the resourcefulness to make it at all cost (even though poor value system often lands many Nigerians on the criminal side here), the doggedness (Nigerians survive anywhere and everywhere), the fierce sense of hope and optimism, the population, the unmatched sense of humor, and so on... Leadership is all that is left; and there is that probability that we are close to getting that right. May not be at the national level to start with... a couple of states is what is required to get leadership right and the fire will catch on.

Someday, Nigeria will make every black man proud of being an African. That's probably still the Nigerian in me talking. grin

Or it would never happen and we will remain a shithole. When did China, Singapore and the UAE start developing. Make we leave that talk abeg, Africa is cursed. Besides Nigerians are not optimistic, that is one thing I love about us, all of us no say las las naija go remain shithole till maybe we jam another colonisation.

Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2020
ibawon:

How the hell did we get here
You see a bunch of boys in Mercedes Benz Car, then it raises suspicions that they are into something Illegal.
So I am 20 something in a Benz warrants everyone to be suspicious of me. And see the way people are liking the comment.
Nigerians we are our own evil

We are certainly our own evil. We're so literally retrogressing thinking we're going forward. Suddenly every young man in a Mercedes Benz is a suspect and should be harassed. If he's unlucky and dresses "irresponsibly" then that's all. He's done for. Please who set the rules for responsible dressing? Our "responsible" politicians? Or our "responsible" police?
I've been married for just over a year and I and my wife saved up to buy a car. She wants a Benz but I'm literally scared of buying one because of this madness.
Like you rightly asked. How did we get here?

Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by femmyapson(m): 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
samuel19222:
Damnn nigga, see how person get liver dey follow police dey drag.
benefit crew i think.
wetin come finish d whole thing abeg
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by newdayhascomelt(m): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2020
Naija which way
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
udemzyudex:

The guys don drop tire, that day them just refuse to drop.

One of my guy tell me wetin happen when him comot I shock, two guys follow one way just to beat traffic, police stop them oo, these ones begin give police voice, dey even say nothing go happen.

Police give way ooo.

See ehn na FG backing and gun dey give them power ooo, in fact na the FG backing alone cos if na gun, guys no send again.
baba reply me . please.
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by pmoye(m): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
Bros I feel you sha. grin grin grin
But it will happen eventually.
SegFault:

Or it would never happen and we will remain a shithole. When did China, Singapore and the UAE start developing. Make we leave that talk abeg, Africa is cursed. Besides Nigerians are not optimistic, that is one thing I love about us, all of us no say las las naija go remain shithole till maybe we jam another colonisation.
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by airminem(f): 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2020
illicit:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

isorite
guy u gat no mercy smiley

Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by Thomthom(m): 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
Brandonx:
Why struggle with a police officer grin grin
Except they don't know Nigerian police officers.
If you cannot run from them just negotiate because as it is now if they succeed in taking those guys to the station them go pay heavily.
Pay heavily if they are really into something fishy.. if not na to go court sure pass
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by MosheDayan: 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2020
Oduduwa707:

So typical of Trump supporters from dat Jungle.

Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by Edyice: 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2020
Good luck to them boyz ..

They may be lucky today , struggling with sensible police officer but tomorrow .... grin grin
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by chrizzyace: 1:36pm On Aug 23, 2020
daddytime:
Dat one dey naked like say e go deter Nigerian Police wey kukuma be expert to use bullet naked their victims.

Dem get luck say no be for koror dem jam dem na their naked bloodied body with some kind rusty AK and pumpy for dey on top their lifeless bodies with the caption " Idi-Iroko Police gun down trans-border armed robbers in gunfire".

If no be Police wey don useless themselves to nonsense tell me why these yeye boys no go obey police order for stop and search if no be see finish.

One of the olopa sef resemble my uncle wey CSP for that zone. If you hear how these black men dey waste lives ehn, you go shake your head.

These guys get something to hide sha and police dey always know. Dem die well for roger hand.

I understand how police have been wasting lives over the years, that we know already, but why you dey talk like say you no know say these police suspect them as yahoo boys, my annoyance is that the police has subjected themselves too low because of the change they want to collect, they just tag any guy driving a good car and looking hippy a fraudster, even if you suspect, it shouldn’t be in a forceful manner!! Let them do their job accordingly and not use force on citizen because they feel this person is a fraudster and they have the power of carrying a gun they can do anything they wish. One day things will turn the other way run na police go dey hide we go dey protect ourselves.
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by heendrix(m): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
Eco99 missed this thread sha
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by bularuz(m): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2020
Thomthom:
Pay heavily if they are really into something fishy.. if not na to go court sure pass

Story, last last na 2k go solve everything
Re: Young Men Fight Policemen On The Road In Ogun (Photos) by almarthins(m): 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
Bigflamie:
Naija is just a crime scene. The people we entrust our security are now making life hard for us to live in.

Righteousness 69 fvck style, where are thou?

Wetin concern righteousness69?

One Of The Offa Banks Robbers Identified As A Dismissed Police Officer (Photo) / Lady Stabs Man Who Touched Her Bum With Pen At Peace Mass Transit / Prostitution Is Now Big Business In Festac Town

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61