Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,298 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? - Events (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? (55918 Views)

The Pool Party That Got Many People Wasted(wet Wild 'n' Wasted By Dj Val) / Big Boys Slap Their Friend With Money, Wake Him Up With Money On His Birthday / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ghallant01(m): 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2020
Marriage with a non-virgin lady is a waste of resources..
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by kazyhm(m): 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2020
ojun50:

Guy na compound wedding I do with court with less than 70 people

Smart guy....less than 70 guest not chop and drink even water ?

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ishilove: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
adanny01:
I paid 40k deposit for my wedding video, I am yet to see it 9yrs after.

My photographer's studio was burnt to ashes 2 weeks prior to my wedding. I had paid the deposit so he showed up with a small borrowed camera.

The reception tent i paid for was not there, it was a shouting match a 2 days later. Thank God I didn't pay upfront. I just accessed what they did for canopies, chairs and decor then balanced up.

I even bought a suit for one of my groomsmen, he never showed up. The supplier was generous to refund me.

5 cows were killed in 3days at my wedding, yet there were complaints of shortage of meat.

The only compensation was that my mum never misses a wedding, so people retaliated. She smiled to the bank.

Mod:
Oh! I forgot to mention that the whole set of boxes and the expensive wrappers that her family made me buy was stolen 3 months after the wedding. 3 Judge, 3 Super wax, 3 holladais, 3 English wax, 3 lace, 3nos of every wrapper when they first asked for 6 each. Including wedding ring, the English and Dubai gold sets, hand bag and shoes. Everything was stolen by armed rubbers.
The original owners come carry am
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Bianda24: 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
deepwater:
Nothing

I am glad the resources were available to cater for all.

Nevertheless, I was so engaged the whole day I forgot to eat

Well, I did not spend unnecessarily during my wedding. It was a low key wedding. I only invited few friends and few family members. About 40 people were invited. A very modest wedding, looking back, I thank God that I listened to my wife. She is one of the best women a good man will pray to marry

6 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by afonjabreed(m): 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Bennysam:

When a foolish man talk you will know, so people don't know what they spend on their wedding day, stop smoking damm weed

As much as I hate to do this I can't let this slide.

Have you lost a lot of brain cells ? Because it's clear some people are telling lies .

I'm not in the mood for this ,you don't know me and you're calling me foolish
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by SoliBayNG: 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
Chii59:
I want a small outdoors wedding.
Not more than 50 people.
No selling of asoebi or whatever.
Everything under budget.
But don't joke with the ring. I want a quality ring to last me at 15 years before getting a new one.

You are in my WhatsApp group
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ojun50(m): 8:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
kazyhm:

Smart guy....less than 70 guest not chop and drink even water ?
Guy we did rice and pounded yam, for refreshment every body enjoyed them self oh...

Pride price guy I cut am 50.... 50 ( the father understand )
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ishilove: 8:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:

The Great Hirer. At least you no hire your manhood join. Na you get that one.
Lol. Your bad mouth no be here.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ishilove: 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
bobbyjfc:
nice thread. i just hope d lady am abt to marry next year by God's Grace will understand cos if she doesn't , we can't marry.
i intend doing just Traditional marriage and as low as 30persons or even 20persons.
i intend paying her bride price then she will cook cos she is a caterer and dts it.
well we can register in court for legal purposes and i think dts it.
but i will never never joke with my wife cos she is Me. and i pray she turns out well in everything.
lastly , am a very in managing my spending.
This is not management; this is DNA encrypted stinginess.

5 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Fejimummy: 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
bobbyjfc:
nice thread. i just hope d lady am abt to marry next year by God's Grace will understand cos if she doesn't , we can't marry.
i intend doing just Traditional marriage and as low as 30persons or even 20persons.
i intend paying her bride price then she will cook cos she is a caterer and dts it.
well we can register in court for legal purposes and i think dts it.
but i will never never joke with my wife cos she is Me. and i pray she turns out well in everything.
lastly , am a very in managing my spending.
lol you sound like my father I really laughed when my father told my in-laws to be that he doesn't want more than 20 persons in his house for my traditional

5 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by id4sho(m): 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
gordus:
Mine was not a regret cos of the wisdom I apply,my wife and I have been planning the wedding before I travel down to Nigeria,on getting to Nigeria the expenses she brought to me was over 5m, I noticed she wanted to impress her friends and family,is not just right spending money unnecessary so I apply wisdom,I don't want to hurt her feeling by telling her I can't spent that kind of money on wedding,two days later I told her I'm going to the bank to withdraw cash with my foreign card so that we can start preparing,I went back home told her my account has been blocked for using the card in another country so I can't get money and the money in my Nigeria account is around 600k,she was disappointed,she told me she has 300k in her account.ladies and gentlemen,we plan all the wedding expenses on the 900k and I'm happy with my action till date.
Guy man, may you live long. tiri gbosa, Bar man give him chilled orijin. choi

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Shassyzi(f): 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
This is so funny.
I regretted the money I used for make up. After the wedding when I was washing my face, I saw my money going down the drain (70k).

I nor see small chops n meat wet I pay for.

DJ was changed, because the hall comes with it's own DJ. And they did not tell me they had changed the DJ I had already planned with. The DJ played the worst songs ever and my Dad is a pastor (you can only imagine the look on people's face, I could not explain why the guy did not even have a single Christian song grin). And I could not even dance to his songs.

The cake, hahahahhahaa na another thing the baker bring come. Food nko I nearly cry. They brought the food very late with no plate to serve.

Las Las my traditional wedding n church was great, but the reception was complete zero

When we are advising you now not to spend to much money you wouldn't understand. But your eyes will clear later.

All the best to all intending couples. Covid 19 period is the best time to marry.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ishilove: 8:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
pocohantas:

Good thinking, good product...
Yoishna, yoikanaei grin
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ishilove: 8:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
Crusader1:
I had the option of using a hall but nope, I felt the hall won't take my over 500 guests, so I opted for a very big tent and the decoration cost me over 250k, paid for DJ 80k, paid MC in full.

Boom, came the rain immediately after the church joining, I didn't see the decoration, the winds and rains were so massive that all electrical connections were disconnected, DJ didn't play, MC didn't perform, decoration was of no effect, myself and wife just walked round to greet our guests who defied the rain.

Till date, I won't forget the verse of the bible that says vanity upon vanity
Why on earth will you invite 500 people. Do you know 500 people?
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ArcFresky(m): 8:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
Ishilove:

You're contradicting yourself. Rented gowns are second hand gowns.

Renting gowns is okay, people rent stuff you know you are never wearing again.

Would you rent a Limo to your, say graduation or buy a secondhand limo to drive to your graduation?

Everything is economic sense in this buhari period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Chris2863(m): 8:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nanorest:
Buying cars worth 800million just to showcase my wealth. I am still regretting it till date
Jesus Christ, that's close a billion naira oo oo
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Ishilove: 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
ArcFresky:

Renting gowns is okay, people rent stuff you know you are never wearing again.

Would you rent a Limo to your, say graduation or buy a secondhand limo to drive to your graduation?

Everything is economic sense in this buhari period.
You're missing the point. You're renting a gown that other people like have rented, worn and returned. That is second hand.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by maasoap(m): 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Angry..... NEVER...... grin

My point would be, what's the point of opening something I would never use/take........

Understand that most wedding gifts are toasters, glass set, pots etc etc........ .

I understand because I knew as well. That's why I used word "honour".
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by daddytime(m): 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
taiwo92:
I have 1.5m and I plan to marry soon. Have been away from Nigeria for a while now, what n what will u advise me to do and don't.

Spend #500k use the balance come put for land for Abuja. You and your wife go thank God in less than 5 years.

If you need sure land with genuine allocation from Bwari Area Council ask me.

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by NoToPile: 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
Now that I think of it - anything I wasted money on ?? None at all.

I cut all the unnecessary expenses.

Lots of things are highly unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by maasoap(m): 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
Crusader1:
I had the option of using a hall but nope, I felt the hall won't take my over 500 guests, so I opted for a very big tent and the decoration cost me over 250k, paid for DJ 80k, paid MC in full.

Boom, came the rain immediately after the church joining, I didn't see the decoration, the winds and rains were so massive that all electrical connections were disconnected, DJ didn't play, MC didn't perform, decoration was of no effect, myself and wife just walked round to greet our guests who defied the rain.

Till date, I won't forget the verse of the bible that says vanity upon vanity

This could cause unhappiness

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ezechi24(m): 8:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
adanny01:

I wish!

Hungry armed robbers. They ate my fresh bread, drank my coke and took away my DSTV smart card (dumb mofos, DSTV of all things).

grin grin
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2020
Spending money On The wrong woman
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by SUXXI(m): 9:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
My wedding is not one of regret but one of happiness,appreciation and thanks to my lovely wife.
We had just 5k when we fixed our wedding date. My wife said if I do not have money,we can goto court and marry and she is ready to follow me home.
No elaborate wedding.Just family and few friends in court.I had to make sure we did a memorable wedding.I had to to hustle o.We were able to get money to have a wonderful,amazing,memorable wedding.All finances was managed by my wife and got assistance from family,friends and relatives.
Everything was well planned from ushers,dj,mc,and all invited have to dress decently. Food went round,same for drinks.I didn't invite much so the little we have will be able to go round the few people invited.As for invitation,I got about 20 invitation card from my friend and I photocopied them and used the photocopied invitation card to invite,bulk sms and oral invitation.
My students were camera men and photographers and dj.
Its a day I will never forget and I am ready to do my best for my wife as she is really wonderful woman,friend and companion.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Liposure: 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
Ghallant01:
Marriage with a non-virgin lady is a waste of resources..
virgins are scarce

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Liposure: 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
Bianda24:

Well, I did not spend unnecessarily during my wedding. It was a low key wedding. I only invited few friends and few family members. About 40 people were invited. A very modest wedding, looking back, I thank God that I listened to my wife. She is one of the best women a good man will pray to marry
baba u lucky oh. Take care of that woman wella

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Kwinesther: 9:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
LadySarah:

I hate that shii. Omg! I detest it with all Fibre of my being.

3ach time my sisters wear it they look like they came back from night vigil. Red puffy eyes, blinking every second and just looking off.
Lol I tell you. They don't even know it doesn't look good on them especially the long ones.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by edoairways: 9:19pm On Aug 26, 2020
kizwid:

and when you die oneday, God will judge you for this lie and you will have nothing to say, then devil to lead you to hell fire
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Liposure: 9:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
Ishilove:

Why on earth will you invite 500 people. Do you know 500 people?
you forget wedding crashers, the follow come also attend wedding
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by maasoap(m): 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
adanny01:
I paid 40k deposit for my wedding video, I am yet to see it 9yrs after.

My photographer's studio was burnt to ashes 2 weeks prior to my wedding. I had paid the deposit so he showed up with a small borrowed camera.

The reception tent i paid for was not there, it was a shouting match a 2 days later. Thank God I didn't pay upfront. I just accessed what they did for canopies, chairs and decor then balanced up.

I even bought a suit for one of my groomsmen, he never showed up. The supplier was generous to refund me.

5 cows were killed in 3days at my wedding, yet there were complaints of shortage of meat.

The only compensation was that my mum never misses a wedding, so people retaliated. She smiled to the bank.

Mod:
Oh! I forgot to mention that the whole set of boxes and the expensive wrappers that her family made me buy was stolen 3 months after the wedding. 3 Judge, 3 Super wax, 3 holladais, 3 English wax, 3 lace, 3nos of every wrapper when they first asked for 6 each. Including wedding ring, the English and Dubai gold sets, hand bag and shoes. Everything was stolen by armed rubbers.

The bigger the wedding or the more expensive the wedding, the more the people complain of not eating. It's a very common occurrence.

3 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by shadeyinka(m): 9:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
Baybii:

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't even planning on doing that. I'm one of the best miser out there so I know exactly what to do.
Cheers then.
And stay blessed
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Liposure: 9:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
Chii59:
I want a small outdoors wedding.
Not more than 50 people.
No selling of asoebi or whatever.
Everything under budget.
But don't joke with the ring. I want a quality ring to last me at 15 years before getting a new one.
chop knuckle

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Best Man Dozing Off At A Wedding Ceremony In Church (Photo) / Bride Chases Groom Who Cancelled Wedding Minutes Before Saying I Do - Video / Nigerian Lady Marries White Guy, Her Childhood Friend In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.