Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? (55745 Views)

The Pool Party That Got Many People Wasted(wet Wild 'n' Wasted By Dj Val) / Big Boys Slap Their Friend With Money, Wake Him Up With Money On His Birthday / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Built2last: 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
Married folks,
What was that thing you later realised you wasted your money on during your wedding ceremony?

For me was Wedding IV. Spent money printing quality IV. I should have just used WhatsApp, Facebook and SMS and people would still have come. My mums friends and associates was enough crowd.

I travelled with my woman to UK to shop for wedding gown, shoe and wrist watch. Spent £2,200 on gown. £800 wristwatch I cant remember the price of the shoe now. That's for madam alone.

Madam now forced me to buy wedding suits for me and my best man.

Looking back, I would have built a bungalow with this stupid expense. Even my madam now regrets spending such money on wedding gown that she wore for 2 hours and that was it. The gown is wasting somewhere now.

I know I wasted money unnecessary. My only joy is the good wife I married.

Share the mistakes you made in expense planning wedding

350 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by LadySarah: 1:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
grin
This one pained me much. My MC.He was already paid in full!
By 11am,we were already at the reception hall.

Dude came drunk claiming he was waiting for us for reception and decided to take some bottles.

It was the chairman that took over and handled everything. Thank God for that man that day.

When he started talking nonsense,we felt like the ground should just swallow us!

Let me not even remember "the church committee of friends from the choir that stole our wines and wedding gifts.Expensive wines he bought to show off. Wines were missing on the tables.Gifts nko?

The caterer later called us at night that they were fighting over who gets what! Lol

My husband regretted so much!

293 Likes 19 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by tabithababy(f): 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
Built2last:
Married folks,
What was that thing you later realised you wasted your money on during your wedding ceremony?

For me was Wedding IV. Spent money printing quality IV. I should have just used WhatsApp, Facebook and SMS and people would still have come. My mums friends and associates was enough crowd.

I travelled with my woman to UK to shop for wedding gown, shoe and wrist watch. Spent £2,200 on gown. £800 wristwatch I cant remember the price of the shoe now. That's for madam alone.

Looking back, I would have built a bungalow with this stupid expense. Even my madam now regrets spending such money on wedding gown that she wore for 2 hours and that was it. The gown is wasting somewhere now.

I now I wasted money unnecessary. My only joy is the good wife I married.

cheesy. Whao.. You are such a rich guy

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by donbachi(m): 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2020
Boli and fish.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by izywzy: 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nice thread, as I never marry make I join queue dey observe.

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Built2last: 2:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
LadySarah:
grin
My MC.He was already paid in full!

Dude came drunk claiming he was waiting for us for reception and decided to take some bottles.

By 11am,we were already at the reception hall.

It was the chairman that took over and handled everything. Thank God for that man that day.

When he started talking nonsense,we felt like the ground should just swallow us!

lol. It's all part of the fun.

Lalasticlala, can you move to FP to educate the unmarried who may waste money unnecessarily

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Built2last: 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
tabithababy:

When I wedded pounds to naira was just about less than 200 naira to a pound so it's not current market rate. Naira get small value then...however it was a waste.

157 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by nicolasakins: 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
Buying an iPhone for the first time on my wedding day, later realise it was a waste of money.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Rosarie(f): 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
The number of card we printed.500.
The food we cooked,buying cow ,chicken and turkey.
Three bags of rice.
Bachelor's Eve which was not important.
The traditional musician who never played.
We doing trad and white on different days.
So many unecessary expenses.
My hubby learnt the hard way cos all I said then fell on deaf ears.
His relatives kept encouraging him to plan a big wedding.after wedding it was very tough .thank God for God.
Now he does not joke with my opinion.
He is even the one advicing people to do a very small wedding and plan with the rest after marriage.

391 Likes 24 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Heavenschild: 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
Renting a hall when I could have just used my parlour.

335 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Kendumazy(m): 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nice topic. Upcoming couples will learn alot. Nice one OP.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Pr0cter: 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2020

Righteousness89 come and claim spending money on wedding is vanity.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by tardell007(m): 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lol
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by RapistOnBail: 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
I wasted money in hiring some bouncers who we later had an orgy together undecided

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Kingpele(m): 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nothing is awaste, I had our marriage band aired on radio for two weeks before the d day but now whenever my wife is teasing me, I will joked about it, we will laugh over it, so is not really a waste even though I don't have to do it, cos it makes the memories of that day blissful, if u pay bride price of someone from mbaise and she still turn out a good deal, u will realize nothing is wasted on a wedding day... The money on me was exhausted all the things they told me they have removed as they see my parents car, they changed their mind.. thank God my mom came with money, I was shocked, And grateful to God who did not allow me to be put to shame

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ogawisdom(m): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
grin

White wedding was a waste I should have avoided and done only traditional marriage angry

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Thatlong9: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
The woman

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Investorbj: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
tabithababy:

grin Women ehn

151 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ojun50(m): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
Everything was well manage thanks to my God sent wife............ Na money manager I marry

No regrets at all

But my elder brother is regretting after spending above 1m.

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Baybii: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
Can't you resell some things? Like the gown. If you feel you wasted so much money. I'm sure a gown of that price would still be good enough to fetch you some money.

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by SayDeeJay: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
Reception

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Handy007: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
D
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by salt1: 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
I hate decorations! Under a few hours, everything is pulled down

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by DEXTROVERT: 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
My wife's wedding gown
Rented It at 17k
she wore it for 2hrs
And that's all
imagine that.

I thank
God
it was during corona
so the total money spent for the wedding was 37k..
We later got 2.5plots with the money we should have wasted
Was done in a congregation of 15
Her family cooked for them
We snapped with the Wedding gown
got the soft copies on my flash
Used my one of my suits
Although some people still quarelled that we didn't invite them..i tell them say na "Coro things"

525 Likes 39 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Chrismentor3: 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
Built2last:
Married folks,

I know I wasted money unnecessary. My only joy is the good wife I married.

You are damn blessed.
I wish to be rich like you someday

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nanorest: 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
Buying cars worth 800million just to showcase my wealth. I am still regretting it till date

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Madibah(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
My 600k worth of Hennessey just to showmy friend's say I gallant

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Legalcriminal: 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
You can resell that at good rate.
nicolasakins:
Buying an iPhone for the first time on my wedding day, later realise it was a waste of money.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by afonjabreed(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
See as People dey lie

248 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by deepwater(f): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nothing

I am glad the resources were available to cater for all.

Nevertheless, I was so engaged the whole day I forgot to eat

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Retired Naval Officer Buried In A Ship-Like Casket In Cross River (Photos) / Best Man Dozing Off At A Wedding Ceremony In Church (Photo) / Bride Chases Groom Who Cancelled Wedding Minutes Before Saying I Do - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.