Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Are Nigerian Gate-fees reasonable?: Vote Please - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are Nigerian Gate-fees reasonable?: Vote Please (7716 Views)

Poll: Are Nigerian Gate-fees reasonable?

Yes: 37% (23 votes)
No: 62% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

I Need Your Vote Please....contestant 15 / Fuel Tanker Currently On Fire At Lekki Toll Gate... See Photos / Festac Suya-Spot 2nd Gate Burnt (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Are Nigerian Gate-fees reasonable?: Vote Please by buzugee(m): 3:22pm On Feb 25, 2011
eldee:

@Buzugee

Who the eff is Sugar Ray??
With due respect you're talking B.S. This guy did a Drake show early 2009 and you compare that to Drake of today?? Are you bleeping having a laugh.
Early 2009, Drake hadn't even dropped Best I Ever Heard, basically . . . he was faceless.

My school tried to book K'naan for before the World Cup, he asked for £20,000 . . . and that's K'naan, artistes like that cut prices for colleges and unis.

And that list is full of unknown people or people that got booked before they were super stars . . . how can you put Lady Gaga or Beyonce on stage for anything less than $150,000 . . . na wa for una ooh.
you know what your problem is eldee ? you lack perspective. you make too many assumptions based on how star struck you are. ok let me throw some perspective into it for you so you can calm down. the avg audience in these shows are between 1000 to 5000 people. ok lets assume the highest number of people (5000) and thats next to impossible sef. this is madison square garden crowd. and to command that number of crowd, its usually a fiesta of several artists not just one. but lets assume its just one. gate fees like $30 multiplied by 5000 is $150000.  so you are telling me they give the artist the whole $150,000 ? the promoter will not take his own cut ? the venue will not be paid for ? all the studio and lightening and sound people will not get paid ? all the dancers and hype men will not get paid ? are you starting to get a perspective of how ridiculous what you are saying is ? the hottest acts command around $40,000. i have heard so many artists talk about this including dr dre, busta rhymes and eminem.
Re: Are Nigerian Gate-fees reasonable?: Vote Please by buzugee(m): 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2011
and on a side note, sugar ray caters to a white audience so believe it or not sugar ray > drake. white people support their artists. they come out in droves for their artists. its only white rocker types that can pull in around 5000 audience. so stop being star struck. drake is nothing. only pre-pubescent  teenage girls pay to see him.
i have being to several rap concerts including dr dre and snoop, boyz 2 men, digable planets, SNAP and i can honestly tell you that the average number of people in the audience in all those shows was around 800. the gate fees were like $20. so the takings at the gate was like $16000. so i am assuming these guys must have een paid half of that. keep in mind i saw these acts when they were in vogue at the top of their game.
Re: Are Nigerian Gate-fees reasonable?: Vote Please by asudan: 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2011
Well for me i think it is left for customers to decide after all we are not forced to buy ticket.on the othr hand,d cost of renting stage,payment of ground man,powering of generator and security are major constrain.so if the organizers of d show wants more revenue,dey have to reduce cost except security.i knw sum peppl wil disagree wit me cos of security but dat is the plain truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Let's Pray For Our Leaders And Not Insult Them In 2013 / Who Is Diddy? What Do U Think Of Him? Who Doesnt Know Diddy? / Six Reasons Why You Must Be Time Conscious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.