Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina (14742 Views)

Buhari, Jonathan, Others Congratulate Tinubu At 68 / Buhari, Jonathan Meet In Aso Rock / Buhari, Jonathan, Shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by fergie001: 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
PRESIDENT BUHARI CONGRATULATES AFDB PRESIDENT, AKINWUNMI ADESINA ON RE-ELECTION, LEADS ROUND OF APPLAUSE AT COUNCIL OF STATE MEETING

On behalf of the Federal Executive Council and Nigerians in general, President Muhammadu Buhari felicitates with President of African Development Bank (AfDB), Dr Akinwunmi Adesina, on his re-election for a second term in office.

News of the victory came during the Council of State meeting, which was attended by former heads of state, Senate President, governors, some Ministers, and senior government officials.

As Secretary to Government of the Federation, Mr Boss Mustapha, announced the good news, President Buhari led a round of applause, and declared: “He deserves it.”

The President extends appreciation to the African Union for its endorsement of the AfDB President much earlier, and to shareholders of the bank who worked tirelessly to ensure the return of the visionary leader.

President Buhari believes Dr Adesina’s versatility, experience at both national and international engagements, will be further deployed to energize the pan-African financial institution, urging him to remain focused and steadfast in pursuing the noble goals of making life better for Africans through various development plans, already captured as High 5s.

The President rejoices with family, friends and professional colleagues of Dr Adesina over the re-election, while commending members of staff and Board of Governors of the AfDB for their consistent support for the former Nigerian Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, and his management team.

While pledging full support of his government to ensure a successful tenure for the AfDB leadership, President Buhari prays that the Almighty God will continue to strengthen Dr Adesina and his team for greater good to the continent.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
August 27, 2020

Source

I congratulate Dr. Akinwumi Adesina on his re-election as the President of the African Development Bank by the Board of Governors of the Bank.

I am proud of Dr. Adesina because he has remained consistent as a man of vision and considerable capacity; traits he generously put to use while serving as a key member of our administration’s economic team and minister of agriculture.

His first term as President of AfDB brought about exemplary leadership, significant achievements and broken records, especially with the bank’s recent unprecedented capital increase by 125% to $208 billion.

With his re-election and focus on infrastructural development, youth empowerment and regional integration, I believe that AfDB will continue to strongly reflect the voice, vision and aspirations of the founding fathers of the Bank.

I urge him to deploy his astute managerial skill to ensure that the positive impact of the Bank’s development initiatives is felt across the continent.

-GEJ

Goodluck E. Jonathan

A hearty congratulations to Akinwunmi Adesina on his re-election for a second term in office as the President of the African Development Bank (AfDB).

Adesina's victory unequivocally affirms the confidence and trust of the shareholders, Management and staff of the Bank in his leadership of the Bank and the direction he is taking it.

The renewal of his mandate is an attestation to his excellent performance as President, evident in the Bank's numerous developmental initiatives on the African continent.

I am elated to convey the joy and pride of the entire National Assembly over the electoral acclamation for integrity, grace, substance and hardwork.

His re-election should be an impetus for taking the continental financial institution to a greater height, realising that the reward for hardwork is more work.

I urge him to consider the storm that preceded his re-election as the fire test for gold and, having come out of the test glittering, to remain focused and resolute on his mission.

Ahmad Lawan

Lagos State Governor, @jidesanwoolu has congratulated the President of the African Development Bank (AfDB), Dr. @akin_adesina on his re-election for a second term in office.

Governor Sanwo-Olu in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Gboyega Akosile on Thursday, said Adesina’s re-election is a testimony to his hard work, dedication and commitment to the growth and development of the Africa continent.

Sanwo-Olu, who described Adesina as a good ambassador of Nigeria and Africa, said the AfDB President deserved to be re-elected having
distinguished himself during his first term in office as the head of the international organisation.

The Governor also appreciated and commended President Muhammadu Buhari and those who played crucial roles in the re-election bid of the former Nigerian Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, as President of AfDB.

He said: “On behalf of my family and the people of Lagos State, I want to congratulate Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina on your re-election as the President of the African Development Bank (AfDB). Your re-election is well-deserved.

“Having proved yourself as a good administrator and technocrat in different public offices at national and international levels in the last 30 years, I am confident that your re-election will bring more development to the Africa continent as you supervise the affairs of Africa Development Bank for another five years.”

Source

1 Like

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
I have never hidden my pure admiration for the man called Akinwunmi Adesina, a proven technocrat who has over time flourish in all his endeavors.

I remember his time as a minister under the peaceful administration of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, so eloquent and dedicated to his work.

Never in doubt my preferred presidential candidate and if not for the cold hands of death, I would have loved to see the delectable Dora Akunyuli become his running mate.

Congratulations Sir.

Jason.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by MMWandali: 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God

3 Likes

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by fergie001: 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
Well-deserved Sir.....Ride on

We all wish you a successful term.

Wonderful to get the news of the re-election of @akin_adesina as President of @AfDB_Group. Hearty congratulations to you, my brother, and to Grace! Wishing you five more fruitful years!!
NOI

2 Likes

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by dynicks(m): 7:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
AKINWUNMI ADESINA / PETER OBI/ YEMI OSIBABJO/ VICTOR OMAHI!!

why does these names keep resounding in my head?
....speak to me oh Lord for thy servant is listening..!

10 Likes

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by SmartProf(m): 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
The man is brilliant Inside out and he exudes it. A very refined technocrat. Honestly he got real good backing from Buhari and he has to thank the president.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
Keep making Nigeria proud sir.

1 Like

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
All the best in his office
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
MMWandali:
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God
Nawaooh! Wetin concern God with this congratulatory post?
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by money121(m): 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
Ok
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by motherlode: 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
Man on the wheels clearly deserves it.
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by orimidara1: 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
it really calls for celebration... Congrats bro
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Luckysbab: 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
A really pleasing and welcome development. Finally, a sigh of relief.

1 Like

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by XXLMANDIGO: 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
This man has the hand of God working through him. I celebrate him here this evening with a bottle of Cognac. This type of vindication is a big testimony smiley

2 Likes

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Golan007: 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
Where's that Trump's ass licker that was trying to bring Adeshina down?

1 Like

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by spicyuzo(m): 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2020
Some records should be kept clean and shinning in the sands of time.....One of such records would be that of this fine man; Akinwunmi Adesina....

Please sir, as tempting as it may seem....
As natural as it may come.....
As humbling as people may term and paint it to look...

Please don't even fall for the temptation to vie for any position in the Nigeria political sphere....

I humbly implore you..... Don't Do That Sir !!!

Some of us want to grow old telling our kids stories of the few good men that existed in a Country that once was.

God bless you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Unclefemolala(m): 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2020
Congrats man..well deserved
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
Congratulations sir
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by mubzynani: 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
JidennaJason:
I have never hidden my pure admiration for the man called Akinwunmi Adesina, a proven technocrat who has over time flourish in all his endeavors.

I remember his time as a minister under the peaceful administration of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, so eloquent and dedicated to his work.

Never in doubt my preferred presidential candidate and if not for the cold hands of death, I would have loved to see the delectable Dora Akunyuli become his running mate.

Congratulations Sir.

Jason.
He's a man of honor

1 Like

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by youngeagle(m): 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Why can't people like this rule this contraption
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Murketeer: 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
How can we have these kinds of Intelligent Men like Adesina ,Peter Obi and Co...but still been ruled by Old illiterate Papas ...chaii ..what A country

1 Like

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by undefeateds: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
Jonathan work with the best economic team ever, the promise and promise political party keep shouting war against corruption, tell me anyone of their demonic party members that can fit into this position,adesina making wave at AFDB, iweala also shining,madueke in Dominican republic, after president Obasanjo, Jonathan is the best president Nigeria has ever had

3 Likes

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by OlujobaSamuel: 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
spicyuzo:
Some records should be kept clean and shinning in the sands of time.....One of such records would be that of this fine man; Akinwunmi Adesina....

Please sir, as tempting as it may seem....
As natural as it may come.....
As humbling as people may term and paint it to look...

Please don't even fall for the temptation to vie for any position in the Nigeria political sphere....

I humbly implore you..... Don't Do That Sir !!!

Some of us want to grow old telling our kids stories of the few good men that existed in a Country that once was.

God bless you.
You are right, so we can continue to await Buhari change, and curse everyone we can

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reps Stranded In Kano Airport As Airline Reschedules Flight ‘four Times’ / Humanitarian Ministry Paid Rural Women’s N300m Grant To 3 Ghost Names / 2023: PDP Can Never Return To Power – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.