Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,065 members, 7,835,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina (14752 Views)

Buhari, Jonathan, Others Congratulate Tinubu At 68 / Buhari, Jonathan Meet In Aso Rock / Buhari, Jonathan, Shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Donspicey: 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
congratulation my brother....i love hearing dat pple re progressing....wish u all d best sir...
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by zoedew: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
Folks who see nothing good about the blacks just bit the dust! Not good to see a human from the prism of colour. It makes one jaundiced!!

1 Like

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by fergie001: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
AfDB : PDP Congratulates Adesina Over Re-election

The @OfficialPDPNig has congratulated the former minister of agriculture and President of @AfDB_Group, @akin_adesina, for his re-election to serve a second term in the Presidency of the bank.

The @OfficialPDPNig said the re-election was not only earned but well- deserved in view of the competence and commitment @akin_adesina has displayed in uplifting and promoting the bank's operations since 2015, when he was first elected as President of the bank.

@akin_adesina has attracted praises in bringing his deep knowledge in economic development to bear on the bank's primary functions of making loans and equity investments for the socio-economic advancement of Regional Member Countries (RMC).

The @OfficialPDPNig commended @akin_adesina for improving on the the bank's key role of providing technical assistance for development projects and programs as well as promoting investment of public and private capital  for development.

The @OfficialPDPNig noted that @akin_adesina had remained a good Ambassador of Nigeria in his display of high level of discipline, professionalism and utmost diligence in the discharge of his duties at the @AfDB_Group.

The party particularly notes that @akin_adesina’s high potentials were first brought to limelight when he was appointed by the @OfficialPDPNig administration of President @GEJonathan as minister of agriculture in 2010.

The @OfficialPDPNig also notes with pride that potentials discovered by the inclusiveness of its administration have continued to bring honour to Nigeria both at the national and international arena.

PDP
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by OlujobaSamuel: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
PastorDelight1:
How i wish we can have the likes of Adeshina as president Okonje Iwela as vice but is not posible cus we Nigerians are after today's food only we most of us don't really care about our tomorrow. Mehn sad
It's not possible because they are not ready to go through the rigours of political process, not because Nigerians are not ready to vote for them

1 Like

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Yankee101: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
Na Obasanjo keep this my for office with his action,them for remove am
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by israelmao(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
I had no doubt in my mind that Akinwumi would still return as AfDB president in spite of intense opposition and international conspiracy that cropped up in the build-up to his campaign for second term because he had been proven and trusted in various official capacities and his performances had been sterling and second to none.In addition,he has brought alot of dynamism into AfDB that have resulted into great gains that had never been recorded since its inception.
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by fergie001: 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
PRESS STATEMENT

NIDCOM BOSS LAUDS ADESINA ON HIS RE-ELECTION AS AFDB PRESIDENT

Chairman/CEO, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM), Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa has joined Nigerians and the Global Community to congratulate Dr. Akinwumi Ayodeji Adesina @akin_adesina as he runs another five-year term as the 9th President of the African Development Bank (AfDB) @AfDB_Group

In a statement by Gabriel Odu of Media, Public Relations and Protocol Unit of NIDCOM, the NIDCOM Boss describes the re-election of Akinwunmi Adesina President of the Continental Institution as the right thing to do given his plethora of achievements stressing that many Nigerians are mostly known for their integrity, dexterity, innovation and drive; making them most suitable candidates for international accolades and leadership roles, and not criminals as most people are quick to project the country as.

She said "I hoped that his coming back as the regional Chief of the Bank, will pave more grounds and strategies to develop Africa in various sectors."

Dr. Akinwumi Ayodeji Adesina became the 8th elected President of the AfDB on May 28, 2015 by the Bank’s Board of Governors at its Annual Meeting in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. He assumed office at the Bank’s headquarters in Abidjan on September 1, 2015.

The 60-year-old Adesina is a notable development economist and agricultural development expert with 25 years of international experience. He is the first Nigerian to serve as President of the Bank Group, and first also to be re-elected
He has to his portfolio,

Served as Nigeria’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development from 2011 to 2015, which saw radical policy reforms in the fertilizer sector and implemented innovative agricultural investment programs.

Dr. Adesina was previously Vice-President (Policy and Partnerships) of the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA).
He was also Associate Director (Food Security) at the Rockefeller Foundation in New York (1998-2008) and its Regional Office Director and Representative for Southern Africa.

The AfDB Head was Principal Economist and Social Science Research Coordinator for the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Principal Economist and Coordinator of the West Africa Rice Economics Task Force..

At the West Africa Rice Development Association (WARDA) and an Assistant Principal Economist at the International Crop Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT). In addition, he was the President of the African Association of Agricultural Economists from 2008-2010.

Adesina is a multi-recipient of international awards in leadership and work in agriculture. In 2010, Former United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon appointed him as one of 17 global leaders to lead the Millennium Development Goals, along with Bill Gates,

The Spanish Prime Minister and the President of Rwanda. He was named “Person of the Year” by Forbes Africa magazine in 2013.
Dr. Akinwumi Ayodeji Adesina holds a first-class honours Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics from the University of Ife, Nigeria in 1981.

In 1988 he completed a PhD in Agricultural Economics at Purdue University in the US, where he won the Outstanding PhD Thesis Award for his research work. He also won the prestigious Rockefeller Foundation Social Science Post-Doctoral Fellowship in 1988, which opened his International career in global agricultural development. He was born on February 6, 1960, and speaks French and English, fluently.

Signed
Gabriel Odu
Medidia, Public Relations and Protocol Unit
NIDCOM
Abuja.

NIDCOM
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by MusiciansHubNG(m): 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
Can't this kind of man be our President for once?

Meanwhile I'll give you this for a cheap price.

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Blaze232(m): 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2020
I (blaze lounge) congratulate Dr. Akinwumi Adesina on his re-election as the President of the African Development Bank by the Board of Governors of the Bank.

I am proud of Dr. Adesina because he has remained consistent as a man of vision and considerable capacity; traits he generously put to use while serving as a key member of our administration’s economic team and minister of agriculture.

His first term as President of AfDB brought about exemplary leadership, significant achievements and broken records, especially with the bank’s recent unprecedented capital increase by 125% to $208 billion.

With his re-election and focus on infrastructural development, youth empowerment and regional integration, I believe that AfDB will continue to strongly reflect the voice, vision and aspirations of the founding fathers of the Bank.

I urge him to deploy his astute managerial skill to ensure that the positive impact of the Bank’s development initiatives is felt across the continent.

Blaze lounge celebrates you
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by passiveincome01: 8:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
Oh
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by rolams(m): 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
JidennaJason:
I have never hidden my pure admiration for the man called Akinwunmi Adesina, a proven technocrat who has over time flourish in all his endeavors.

I remember his time as a minister under the peaceful administration of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, so eloquent and dedicated to his work.

Never in doubt my preferred presidential candidate and if not for the cold hands of death, I would have loved to see the delectable Dora Akunyuli become his running mate.

Congratulations Sir.

Jason.

May truth never depart from you. This is the only man I can see in the whole South West that deserves to be our president

2 Likes

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Emmanuelolu1000: 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
Congratulations sir. Design your business logo for 2000naira. If interested, check my signature. Thank you!
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by Clothingonline9(m): 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
Well deserved
Affordable men clothing Regular and luxury brands Lagos payment on delivery and Nationwide dispatch
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by oladeleakindele: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
Please call me on 07038510912. I want to design a logo. Thanks
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by GENERALSEIFDAN1(m): 12:44am On Aug 28, 2020
Congrats to the nice technocrat Adeshina
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by toprealman: 5:33am On Aug 28, 2020
Peter Obi/ Adesina 2023.

1 Like

Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by SideInkom: 6:08am On Aug 28, 2020
Congrats
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by MikeDewol: 11:35am On Aug 28, 2020
Did you know you can from forex with or without knowledge of trade and how to personally trade the forex market

You can invest in the forex market and earn 20% interest plus invested capital at the end of 25working days.
Chat or text on whatsapp: 08070750423
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by MikeDewol: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2020
Hello Investors.
Re: AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina by fergie001: 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

Humanitarian Ministry Paid Rural Women’s N300m Grant To 3 Ghost Names / Salihu 'Dawisu' Tanko Yakasai Returns To APC In Kano / Senator Aliero Loses In Court, Haruna Saidu Dandio Declared PDP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.