Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,303 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet (41657 Views)

Reno Omokri Endorses Atiku & Peter Obi For President 2023 / Bamgbose: I'm Next Nigeria’s President Osinbajo, Atiku,Obi, Others Can’t Stop Me / Aftermath Of Atiku & Peter Obi's Campaign In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Carlyscales: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2020
AlabiJ:
Is it the same Peter Obi that is yet to comment on the Igbos vs. Dss clash that recently took place in Enugu that you are expecting to talk about this? Una go wait tire. Both Peter and Atiku are hypocrites.

you are neither correct or current

Nairaland na stale news HQ

Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by newisd75: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2020
Friend22:

You can insult him all you want here,but don't try it in the North: because we have more non Muslims living peacefully over there without exhibiting this your immoral decrepit and lack sensibility attitude your mistake for freedom of speech.

this is my question 4 u
do u worship God or men?
do u worship God or his prophet?
don't u know that it's an idolatory 2 consider a prophet of God 2 b more important than God 2 d point of going 2 kill d person. d jews did that in d past when their leader get insulted, b 4 d change. your prophet even forgive those who spoke bad things about him in his days
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Carlyscales: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2020
Sanchez01:

LMAO grin grin grin

Truth is, Peter Obi is a light weight in the East and delving into Enugu matters might destroy him. Plus, taking sides could put his political ambition in jeopardy. It could prevent him from defecting tomorrow, if need be and speaking against the IPOB will demarket him. This should tell you no politician is worth dying for. They are all after what they can get and make for themselves and not for the people they intend to lead.

Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Carlyscales: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2020
AlabiJ:

Let's forget about Kano for a minute brah since Kano is not their constituency. Why hasn't Peter Obi commented on the Ipob vs. Dss matter?? I recall how igbos/Igbos always come here to drag and blackmail Tinubu and Osinbajo for not 'speaking' whenever any thing happens in the SW. Na una turn to tell us why una messiah Peter Obi is conspicuously silent concerning what happened to Igbos in Enugu. What is good for Tinubu/Osinbajo is also good for ibo leaders.

Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Carlyscales: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2020
Sanchez01:

I personally don't trust Peter Obi. He is skilled in the art of telling lies and he does so with a straight face. His type of person can pass as a motivational speaker and might even succeed in convincing you that he built his poultry from scratch with a feather and not chicks.

I will gladly choose Kingsley Moghalu over Peter Obi, any time, any day.

Nairaland na stale news HQ jaree

Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by ThatFairGuy1: 10:58am On Aug 30, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
I pity the people that trained you I think they all need to be jailed for not guiding your properly ikpunnegi there
You won't have parent and reacted in this manner. M'fvcker
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by coolitempa(f): 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
the madness stops in the north ,if your prophet can't fight for himself ,then he is not powerful

Will you keep � quiet....
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Owologbo(m): 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2020
All these APC slaves may likely die slaving. They didn't call out Buhari or any of their APC mini gods.
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by oyatz(m): 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2020
Abusadiq01:
One wonderful thing about d shari'a is dat it can never be politicized... Never!!!

Continue to deceive yourself.

Shariah law is for the poor masses. No Ex-Gov, Senators or even the ring leaders of armed bandits &cattle restler has ever been tried under the Shar'ah law.

Shariah and their Hisbah know their targeted population.
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by FearGodinall: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
Call on the human rights lawyers and stop beckoning on peoples opinion that has nothing or little to do with the issue on hand, does the so called Sharia law take preeminence over the Nigerian law or what? How can a tribal Court outlaw the laws of the land. If this crime against humanity is allowed,the United Nation, US should place a visa ban on all nothern leaders especially the governor and all Emirates in Kano.It only goes to show that the so called prophet muhaamed was a terriorst and his attributes are what his worshippers manifesting.
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Friend22(m): 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
the madness stops in the north ,if your prophet can't fight for himself ,then he is not powerful

Says someone who deifies a fraud and a bumbling ingrate like Nnmadi Kanu.
What does a biafran so to speak, has to do with a Nigerian?!Talkless taking panadol for a Muslim?!

You can even institute laws that can insult your parents and uncles after they've left this earth eh.
As for me,e no concern me.
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by olumide4christ: 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2020
Sanchez01:

I personally don't trust Peter Obi. He is skilled in the art of telling lies and he does so with a straight face. His type of person can pass as a motivational speaker and might even succeed in convincing you that he built his poultry from scratch with a feather and not chicks.

I will gladly choose Kingsley Moghalu over Peter Obi, any time, any day.

I totally agree with you...Moghalu is far far above Peter Obi and the rest of the Igbo candidates. It always beats me why the Igbos have refused to drum up support for him but would rather die with anyone PDP brings up.
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by alexsoftwork(m): 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2020
Sanchez01:
Atiku is torn between the devil and the deep blue sea. The devil here is the North... Speaking against the injustice will demarket him greatly and might turn the people against him for insulting their prophet while on the other hand is the deep blue sea, the Southern part of Nigeria who expects him to stick to his idea of politics of inclusion, and nationalism as he paints himself to be. Not speaking up would mean he is a religious fanatic and supports the move - to have the young man condemned to death.

In reality, Atiku is all out for himself as with others who seek the exalted position. Buhari is bigoted and so is El Rufai and Ganduje and these three don't hide it. I would even understand if Atiku's social media handles do not post any contents this period but sending out a tribute to Chadwick Boseman and congratulating Arsenal, all within the period of the news filtering is insensitive, cruel and paints Atiku as one who is out for what he stands to get. One can't be everywhere at the same time and one can't be hot or cold. Sitting on the fence in the face of a sensitive issue shows what is in storeif he gets there; the same goes for the others as well.

We really need to look inward and come to terms with the fact that no politician is worth bleeding for. To them, it's all about what they stand to gain.

Nice words bro. Permission to post this on Twitter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:48pm On Aug 30, 2020
omenka:
He'd be convicted, his death warrant would be signed, BUT he won't be killed.

Not sure (I stand to be corrected) anyone has been put to death for reason of blasphemy since '99.
How exactly does it make sense to you that his death warrant will be signed but he won't be killed?
Do you realise this is the first time since 1999 that we've had a northern Muslim rule for so long? If it were a southern Muslim that is president or a Christian, underground moves will already be on to get the guy a soft landing but in this case, every position of influence is occupied by a northern Muslim who will be aware of the expectation of the people up north to prove the supremacy of Islam.
So the real question is, who will bell the cat?
I hope a way out is fashioned though but I seriously doubt it.
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Sanchez01: 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2020
alexsoftwork:

Nice words bro. Permission to post this on Twitter.
Permission granted, bro.

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:

Not to defend bubu, but what he was doing in 2001 when he made that comment was called building his base.

When politicians need to build a base of wild supporters, they make wild statements. This gets the crowd behind them

Once in power, nothing happens. It's been five years, and Bubu hasn't passed any law implementing Shari'a across Nigeria yet because he knows it is impossible

For a law to be passed implementing Shari'a in all Nigerian states , it has to be a constitutional amendment which means 2/3 majority in the National assembly and the state assemblies. That's not possible

Plus the Constitution made it a state by state thing as well.

But back then, Bubu needed power and you need a crowd to get power. And the only way to win the heart of his base was to promise Shari'a ...even if he knew it was impossible

Every politician with national ambitions always makes radical promises.

Bubus Shari'a promise is never going to be fulfilled.
So you support politicians lying their way to power? Why then do we blame PDP/APC for nonperformance?
If a leader is lying to his followers so as to gain personally, is such a good leader? I thought one of the responsibilities of a leader is to show his followers the right way to go and help them get there. What happened to integrity?

Finally, what you just put up there is a defence. Though lame.
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Elsueno: 11:46pm On Aug 30, 2020
Farki:

You are bringing up rich countries that practise sharia forgetting that they all have something in common which is a small population and massive oil wealth.

Republic of Afghanistan - established 17 July 1973

Sudan - established 1 January 1956

Don't bullshit me please.

I don't know why you are bringing America into this, better stay on topic.

I really don't understand why some of you can't mind thier business when it comes to religious issues, Muslims like practicing sharia on themselves in thier own region. The person who broke thier laws is one of them, knew the consequences of his action. HE MADE A SONG, no lawyer can save him. At this juncture God is his only way out.
In summary, let the Muslims do thier own thing, They have being doing this sharia for over a thousand years.
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 31, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

So you support politicians lying their way to power? Why then do we blame PDP/APC for nonperformance?
If a leader is lying to his followers so as to gain personally, is such a good leader? I thought one of the responsibilities of a leader is to show his followers the right way to go and help them get there. What happened to integrity?

Finally, what you just put up there is a defence. Though lame.

1. Nope

2..Not defending, just stating relaiity

As someone once said, all.politicans ,.good ones , bad ones lie.

And people believe their lies because they don't want to face the truth.

That's why I don't back PDP or APC. Contrary to what you think.

Good morning
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Farki: 6:39am On Aug 31, 2020
Elsueno:

I really don't understand why some of you can't mind thier business when it comes to religious issues, Muslims like practicing sharia on themselves in thier own region. The person who broke thier laws is one of them, knew the consequences of his action. HE MADE A SONG, no lawyer can save him. At this juncture God is his only way out.
In summary, let the Muslims do thier own thing, They have being doing this sharia for over a thousand years.

People have also been practising ritual killings and FGM for a thousand years. This isn't a case of mind your business a Nigerian is being killed over a BLOODY SONG he didn't kill anyone, he didn't rape or embezzle he wrote a song and Muslims got upset and decided to kill him. Muslims and sharia officials won't mind their own business and go out of their way to ruin other's businesses. https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/353843-kano-hisbah-board-destroys-196400-bottles-of-alcohol.html

If in Ogun state people are killing each other's children for rituals we should leave them as well?

Please carry your stupidity out of here.

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:41am On Aug 31, 2020
kikero:

1. Nope

2..Not defending, just stating relaiity

As someone once said, all.politicans ,.good ones , bad ones lie.

And people believe their lies because they don't want to face the truth.

That's why I don't back PDP or APC. Contrary to what you think.

Good morning

Just cause someone said all politicians lie does not make the statement true or factual. Nelson Mandela was a politician. So was Mahatma Gandhi.

Besides, I expect you should know the difference between promising to make a dollar equal to a naira and making promises and statements with ethno-religious undertone. One is simply an economic agenda while the other is fundamentalist or extremist in nature.

Same buhari said Christians should vote for only Christians while Muslims do likewise as dis will ensure that Muslims alone rule the country since they're the majority to him. Let's not forget his monkeys and baboons statement which eventually claimed the lives of eleven corp members.
Forget your explanation. The man is simply a divisive and sectional character. End of story.
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 31, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Just cause someone said all politicians lie does not make the statement true or factual. Nelson Mandela was a politician. So was Mahatma Gandhi.

Besides, I expect you should know the difference between promising to make a dollar equal to a naira and making promises and statements with ethno-religious undertone. One is simply an economic agenda while the other is fundamentalist or extremist in nature.

Same buhari said Christians should vote for only Christians while Muslims do likewise as dis will ensure that Muslims alone rule the country since they're the majority to him. Let's not forget his monkeys and baboons statement which eventually claimed the lives of eleven corp members.
Forget your explanation. The man is simply a divisive and sectional character. End of story.

Well, considering I didn't believe most of Bubus promises in the first place, you are addressing the wrong person.

Direct your comments to your local APC supporter.
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:51am On Aug 31, 2020
kikero:

Well, considering I didn't believe most of Bubus promises in the first place, you are addressing the wrong person.

Direct your comments to your local APC supporter.
Well noted sir
Do well to quit your defence then.
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 31, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Well noted sir
Do well to quit your defence then.
Ah well, I've tried to convince you..

Nice talking, have to go now...
Re: Blasphemy: Nigerians Drag Atiku, Peter Obi, Others For Being Quiet by TheCork(m): 1:33am On Sep 20, 2020
haladu27:
.............I don't know why most Christian's arent minding there business on this issue??.. this case and issue, is purely Islamic, then allow the Islamic rule to take precedence.....We the Muslims, we aren't complaining about d verdict bcus we know the law.... for that, why my fellow Christian's brethrens over heating the country??

bro but yhy the hell u have ugly face on yor profile when u are not an female? (No oofense) angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

DSS Explains Why Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Allowed To Change His Clothes / Ministerial List: He’s Recruiting Guys Who Wrecked The Country - Nigerians React / Gombe Governor Inuwa Yahaya Loses Polling Unit To Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.