Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,872 members, 7,956,293 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:17 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1071739 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by alberbo(m): 10:42am On Aug 01, 2014
pyx: 1
i obtained invitation letter with form 1040 from a friend in the state 2. my company certificate of registration with other documents like tax clearance, statement of account ,letter from office stating my atatus as the CEO , and evidence of membership of other professional bodies status
For somone that has all the document you stated except invitation letter( I don't have anybody in the U.S.A)
please do you think a hotel reservation alone is enough to stand as my invitation to the united states?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
jefferylanj:

Ok,tzetzefly from what I can remember from the last interview , filling the space on the ds 160 to where I have travelled, I listed dubia( though I travelled there but misplaced the passport) the vo asked he didn't see the dubia stamp,tried explaining I mispaced the passport,that this a new one...and that was it. That was the first question,and I knew the others where formality.

How far does this go?

Thanks man

The COs have very limited time and they are trained to quickly observe your travel histories in your international passport.

Any exception to this rule, is for you to be in possession of tickets, bus passes, coupons etc which can substantiate further on any other travels made on a broader visa category e.g schengen visa qualifying you to travel to at least 26 other territories sharing border agreements which does not necessary show further entry stamps in the neighbouring countries once you enter from your first major destination indicated on your visa.

As you dont have a visa to prove your said travel to Dubai, then you cannot convince the VO of a certain journey to the Middle East.

When next you're going for your F-1 visa interview, take along your hotel voucher, bus tickets and visa stamps on your Dubai electronic visa showing dates of arrival and boarding passes showing the former and departure dates.

Have a nice day!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jefferylanj: 6:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
tzetzefly:

The COs have very limited time and they are trained to quickly observe your travel histories in your international passport.

Any exception to this rule, is for you to be in possession of tickets, bus passes, coupons etc which can substantiate further on any other travels made on a broader visa category e.g schengen visa qualifying you to travel to at least 26 other territories sharing border agreements which does not necessary show further entry stamps in the neighbouring countries once you enter from your first major destination indicated on your visa.

As you dont have a visa to prove your said travel to Dubai, then you cannot convince the VO of a certain journey to the Middle East.

When next you're going for your F-1 visa interview, take along your hotel voucher, bus tickets and visa stamps on your Dubai electronic visa showing dates of arrival and boarding passes showing the former and departure dates.

Have a nice day!

Yes, I have in possession of the bus tickets,and the hotel vouchers...hope with this and additional documents during my stay in dubia, I won't still be seen in a dishonesty light in my f1 interview..pls advice
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Temmysteel: 7:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
Okay; it is really not enough, you need to convince the CO that you intend to return back to Nigeria after your trip, things like home ties, your job, asset, your age are some of the areas you need to be prepared to answer questions from, l will suggest you go back on this thread and read to gather enough infos, your questions has been addressed over and over again on this thread...goodluck

Great Nairalanders...please most tym when pple post that you need to convince VO that you will return after your trip am always confused,jst because most of the time the VO has limited time to attend to the applicant and the VO hardly ask for document since Oluwole doc dey plenty(Please advice what are the points an applicant can keep hammering on during interview to make VO to believe you will definately return,THANK U
Re: Usa Visit Visa by iluvweed(m): 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
Please house can I just go to delta airlines website or United airlines website to book a reservation? How do I make payments to them? Or do I just call their phone numbers to make a reservation? I dont want to go through an agent or wakanow...Please can it be done directly?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
jefferylanj:

Yes, I have in possession of the bus tickets,and the hotel vouchers...hope with this and additional documents during my stay in dubia, I won't still be seen in a dishonesty light in my f1 interview..pls advice

You must not change your initial details. Moreso, be ready to tell the VO this additional information and be prompt to show evidence of this.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by jefferylanj: 9:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
tzetzefly:

You must not change your initial details. Moreso, be ready to tell the VO this additional information and be prompt to show evidence of this.

God bless you ,tzetzefly,for your timely advice. relieved and grateful.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Largeabbey: 7:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
Tzetzefly, you seem to be the most instrumental guy on this thread for now and my next questions is directed to you and all other people who feel they can be of help in one way or the other to me.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Largeabbey: 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
Arguably this is the best thread I have ever bumped into in my entire life even though I employed some of the tactics and hints I read on here and was still denied a U.S visa in 201x. How time flies cause its almost three years since I applied and I have decided to reapply again. I think I answered all the questions I was asked in 201x correctly but lost the visa when the VO knew that I was single even though its apparent on my passport that I have left the shores of Nigeria. I am big and better than I was in 201x because I have not only resigned my then job but now have a company of my own with a lovely wife and two lovely kids. I am writing on here to ask and know what my chances of securing a U.S. visa being a C.E.O who takes home close to 280k after paying my workers salary and the likely questions I should expect while in front of the VO. I have traveled out of Nigeria 5 times, Ghana once and the UK four times and also have a currently running Schengen visa. I look forward to reading from you all. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sisit: 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
Goodday all, Would need to know if I can cancel my appointment 24 hours to my interview as my passport and other documents are stuck as the uk embssy for renewal
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lakeoyin1: 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
EVENING HOUSE,BEFORE I BEGIN SHARING OUR INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE I NEED TO SAY THE BIGGEST THANK YOU FIRST TO MY LORD AND KING,MY BEST FRIEND AND SAVIOUR.THE BIGGER ONE GOES TO THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE OF NAIRALAND,WHERE ELSE WOULD I HAVE GOTTEN ALL THE INFORMATION WE NEEDED FOR THIS PROCESS I AM SO THANKFUL TO YOU ALL.
NOW TO THE STORY, WE LEFT THE HOUSE AT 3.15 AM FOR THE EMBASSY IN LAGOG GOT THERE AT 4.10AM, WE WERE THE FIRST TO GET THERE THE SECURITY WEREN'T AWAKE,HE LATER CAME OUTSIDE TO MEET US HE EVEN HELPED ARRANGE OUR DOCUMENT IN THE OTHER IT SHOULD BE,HE EVEN TOLD ME I WONT BE ALLOWED TO TAKE ANYTHING IN FOR MY KIDS EVEN CHOCOLATE BARS I ALMOST FREAK OUT COS MY KIDS ARE KINDA active [seriously]so we got on the line at 6am and proceeded in our number beeped and there goes

we:gudmorning
vo:gudmorning,so u r going to Georgia
we:yes
vo:why are you going to Georgia
we:for vacation, tourism purpose
vo:why Georgia
we:becos of the side attraction {we mention places}
vo:why not the grand canyon or las vegas
we:becos it has one of the most historic significance in the world
vo:wat do u do sir
hubby:am an ICT administrator,
vo:wat do u do ma'am
me:am a makeup artist and a hair dresser
vo:av u travelled before as a family
we:no we avnt
vo:so why now
we:becos we av been married for five years n we av never taken a holiday together n we believe it time we to see other interesting part of the world
vo:ma'am are u pregnant
me:no am not
vo:your visa has been approved,u can pick it at dis addres

pls note:no document was asked for not even our girls birth certificate although both me n hubby were nervous n stammered a bit we made our point known n we dint appeared pompous or spoke to him as though we know his country better than him cos when he ask us why Georgia n we gave our answer he said there isnt anything there so we dint reply cos we dint even know wat to say n he said we av never traveled before and we all want to go to the USA he even flipped our passport and said u ve never traveled before .pls caution ur kids well cos the guy threatening to kick us out if my dota doesn't stop disturbing [she was kicking the table]i believe these people know if you are lying ,don't forget they av been doing it for years and r well experienced. i thank God for his faithfulness and gudluck to all that are going for their interview soon

please pray fast and pray n fast some more cos the bible says the effectually fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much ,for me i know it the grace of GOD that worked it out right for us
tzetzefly:

Your uncle should write an IV to invite you all which would be presented to a VO if asked.

Your job and other social ties in Pakistan must be solid enough for each member of the group to be able to return back to.

Most importantly, know why you need to visit your relative in the States.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
House please I need your candid advice on this. I'll be applying as a student going for US tourist visa. But my parents and I do the same business and my parents and I have huge amounts in our different bank accounts. Please, which of these accounts will be more advisable to tender as my back up during interview? My parents' or mine?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:22am On Aug 03, 2014
Largeabbey: Arguably this is the best thread I have ever bumped into in my entire life even I employed some of the tactics and hints I read on here and was still denied a U.S visa in 2011. How time flies cause its almost three years since I applied and I have decided to reapply again. I think I answered all the questions I was asked in 2011 correctly but lost the visa when the VO knew that I was single even though its apparent on my passport that I have left the shores of Nigeria. I am big and better than I was in 2011 because I have not only resigned my then job but now have a company of my own with a lovely wife and two lovely kids. I am writing on here to ask and know what my chances of securing a U.S. visa being a C.E.O who takes home close to 280k after paying my workers salary and the likely questions I should expect while in front of the VO. I have traveled out of Nigeria 5 times, Ghana once and the UK four times and also have a currently running Schengen visa. I look forward to reading from you all. Thanks a bunch.
Your economic and social ties to Nigeria is that which matters most in your application.

At this time of your application, it is better your apply along with your family since you're turning up for tourism.

Your last refusal according to you, was hinged on lack of family tie. So prove to the VO that you are now responsible.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:25am On Aug 03, 2014
charzyh2: House please I need your candid advice on this. I'll be applying as a student going for US tourist visa. But my parents and I do the same business and my parents and I have huge amounts in our different bank accounts. Please, which of these accounts will be more advisable to tender as my back up during interview? My parents' or mine?

Since your're a matured working adult, it is expected that you should be able to fend for your own expense.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 7:50am On Aug 03, 2014
tzetzefly:

Since your're a matured working adult, it is expected that you should be able to fend for your own expense.

Thank you very much tzetzefly.
I'm a student and businessman. I am still 21years. I just want to visit the US for vacation.
Please, which of these will be more advisable to use during my DS-160 registration:
Do I register as a student or a businessman that will sponsor himself?
OR
Do I register as a student whose sponsors are his parents?
Thank you sir.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:21am On Aug 03, 2014
sisit: Goodday all, Would need to know if I can cancel my appointment 24 hours to my interview as my passport and other documents are stuck as the uk embssy for renewal

Yes, you can cancel your appointment up to 24hours to your interview.

Visit www.ustraveldocs.com/ng to log in to your account and cancel the
appointment.

You can then rebook using the same online appointment booking system.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:26am On Aug 03, 2014
charzyh2:

Thank you very much tzetzefly.
I'm a student and businessman. I am still 21years. I just want to visit the US for vacation.
Please, which of these will be more advisable to use during my DS-160 registration:
Do I register as a student or a businessman that will sponsor himself?
OR
Do I register as a student whose sponsors are his parents?
Thank you sir.

At 21years, i believe you're still expected to be catered for by your parents if you're still at school.

I wonder what business you do for your parents, having such huge deposits at bank?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 8:34am On Aug 03, 2014
tzetzefly:

At 21years, i believe you're still expected to be catered for by your parents if you're still at school.

I wonder what business you do for your parents, having such huge deposits at bank?

Okay, thank you sir. I can provide documents to prove the nature of our business.
Please sir, what are my chances of being approved after interview?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:52am On Aug 03, 2014
charzyh2:

Okay, thank you sir. I can provide documents to prove the nature of our business.
Please sir, what are my chances of being approved after interview?

Be ready to talk more about your role at the family business if you claim to be an active member there and how this does not affect your study time. You better be ready so you dont goof.

Or

You remain as a student you say you're fully sponsored by your parents with the necessary documents (transcripts addressed to the Embassy, letters from your Dean or Head of Department authorising your travel along with an ID card from your school ).
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 9:27am On Aug 03, 2014
tzetzefly:

Be ready to talk more about your role at the family business if you claim to be an active member there and how this does not affect your study time. You better be ready so you dont goof.

Or

You remain as a student you say you're fully sponsored by your parents with the necessary documents (transcripts addressed to the Embassy, letters from your Dean or Head of Department authorising your travel along with an ID card from your school ).

I will have to register as a student.
Thank you very much sir, you are so incredible.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Largeabbey: 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
Tzetzefly, thanks for the response but the problem is my is my wife is unavailable for the trip due to her pregnancy. I have booked my appointment and I am scheduled for the embassy this month. What measures do I need to put in place since my wife is heavily pregnant?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
@charzyh2

Ask your questions and allow tzetzefly to answer them here, his answers helps a lot of people with similar problem. Asking for contact details for private chat comes across as selfish.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
Largeabbey: Tzetzefly, thanks for the response but the problem is my is unavailable for the trip due to her pregnancy. I have booked my appointment and I am scheduled for the embassy this month. What measures do I need to put in place since my wife is heavily pregnant?

There is no cause for alarm on this issue, just ensure you mention it to the VO specifically with a medical/ante natal report as proof.

Even if he/she does not ask, make effort to tender it repectfully saying, ''Please, can i justify my statement with my wife's medical report''.

Only when the VO says a resounding ''no'', can you be vindicated. But pray that he/she obliges to your request and glances through.

I hope it is not yet close to her EDD. This can pose a problem for your visa issuance. As the CO will want you to be in Nigeria for her likely delivery period.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise: @charzyh2

Ask your questions and allow tzetzefly to answer them here, his answers helps a lot of people with similar problem. Asking for contact details for private chat comes across as selfish.

Thank you very much for your response. I'm just being scared of some so called 'visa agents' here and there.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by alberbo(m): 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
please tzetzefly, For somone that has all the document you stated except invitation letter( I don't have anybody inthe U.S.A to get an invitation)
please do you think a hotel reservation alone is enough to stand as my invitation to the united states?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
alberbo: please tzetzefly, For somone that has all the document you stated except invitation letter( I don't have anybody inthe U.S.A to get an invitation)

You dont need the presence of a known individual in the U.S. to travel to the States for tourism.

There are several vacation spots all across the U.S., you can find yours through google.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Largeabbey: 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
Thank you so much, tzetzefly. I promise to keep you guys posted on the outcome of my interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by waleedb: 12:57am On Aug 04, 2014
[b]Greetings to tzetzefly and all other contributors to this great thread.
I intend to visit the US in Jan 2015 for a deserved vacation. I'm a Custom Clothier. I have been in business since 2006. I have been in this particular business since 2009. I'm in my late 20's single never married, no baby Momma so obviously no kid. I run a personal and corporate account. I have receipts for levies i have paid to various government agencies since i started operation i.e. trade payment, local govt levy, signage levy etc. I tend to use my personal account more often. I have a 3 landed property but only one of them has a C of O. I run 2 shops. My monthly turn over combined is between 600-900k. I have 10 workers in all. I have some other incomes from my other business that usually comes in lump sum every once in a while. I have only traveled to Ghana for a day and Cotonou for also a day but I may be visiting Dubai later this year. I don't have much of travel experience or free time due to the nature of my business I have to work all year round . All my staffs go on 2 weeks break every first 2 weeks of the year so I intend to join them this time around. I will like to Visit NY, Hawaii and Washington during our next break which is Jan 2015. I intend to sponsor myself. Please what are my chances of getting a VISA ? Should I apply as a tourist or have a family or friend invite me? I personally will prefer to apply as a tourist. Kindly advise me also on when to apply and what I need to do before then . I like to plan ahead. Thanks for your much anticipated response.
[/b]
Re: Usa Visit Visa by expertman(m): 7:10am On Aug 04, 2014
Dear gurus in the house. Pls I need ur help all. Am a novice when it comes to visiting visa. I have been inivited for a 3days conference and have all supporting documents available. Pls what are the necessary forms on fill on u.s embassy website ? Before booking for my interview appointment. Hope to hear back from u pls.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 7:14am On Aug 04, 2014
expertman: Dear gurus in the house. Pls I need ur help all. Am a novice when it comes to visiting visa. I have been inivited for a 3days conference and have all supporting documents available. Pls what are the necessary forms on fill on u.s embassy website ? Before booking for my interview appointment. Hope to hear back from u pls.

What do you do and how does the conference related to your job?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by expertman(m): 7:27am On Aug 04, 2014
justwise:

What do you do and how does the conference related to your job?
. @ just wise thanks so much. Am an I.T teacher and the conference is based on I.T. Although I also have another ticket for tourism. But am thinking of using the conference. While my sister who is a retired health worker will be using the tourist pass ticket. But sincerely we both don't knw the required forms to fill. I only know about the student visa which they will fill DS160 and submit then go to the interview with F1-20 kindly help us out @ justwise. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.