Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060347 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
tolma28: I applied fr a visitors visa sumtyms in feb wit my wife and son but was refuesd. We got an invitation from a very senior family friend of mine. I was told by a friend then that d reason for my refusal is becuz of my age and dat of my wife (26 & 25 respectively but this is our true age and what is on our passport) and also becuz of the salary i quote i was earning (323k). Am an operational manager in an hotel and my wife and i also run an hospitality firm togeda. Now we intend applying for anoda visitors visa what is our chance of getting one dis tym.

How come you earn so much for an operational manager in a hotel?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
maximumm: Hello guru, I have been following the trends on the forum for a while now and here is my issue.
Pls I applied for US M1 Visa between June - September, 2013 and 3times in a row and was denied which I don't know and not until the last VO asked me about my strong ties I realized I messed up with no married and no job status.
I am a geophysicist in an oil and gas company now and have been working since November 2013 till date and my company want to send me to an international Geophysics exhibition in the US by next 2015.
Please what's my chance of getting the Visa as I already travel to Kenya and Dubai.
Your advice asap sir. Thanks

If you're truly employed as claimed, then apply and hope for the best.

I believe you were not found wanting in your previous interview (questionable documents and false claims)?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Larminess: 12:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
i was at d US consulate dubai on d 18th(thursday),unfortunately my visa denied.
here is my transcript
me:good morning
vo:may i have ur passpot
vo:y are u going to the us
me:im going to attend a seminar on practical pizza production
vo:are you married
me:nope
vo:have u travelled before
me: yes
vo:where
me:Dubai, ive been in dubai twice before i got employed
vo:whos sponsoring your trip
me:my employer
vo:how many years have u been here
me:8months
we both smiled
vo:u ought to have been here for years before u apply
and she started blah blah
me:*****cut in*****how many years
vo:i dont know
me: thank u but Bleep u grin(Bleep her ke for my mind grin)
now ive mailed the institute(American institute of baking)that i would like to apply for their resident course which is M1 visa
and im planning to apply again from Nigeria
plz what are my chances

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by maximumm: 1:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
I have a job now as claimed in an Oil and Gas Company and I don't think I was found wanting on my previous interview because no document was ask for just that the VO asked about my strong ties and had none.

I hope am favoured next time with my company doing it for me next year 2015! Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dROC1: 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
tzetzefly:
Is 323k insufficient in anyway?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
Is it compulsory for the person inviting someone to the US to send his/her bank statement and pay slips. I wish to know what will happen if the host decided not to send the documents considering the confidential nature of such documents.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
I am asking because my dad ( a US citizen has since been processing my immigration paper s, for me, my wife and two sons. My dad sent only an invitation letter to me stating that if the us embassy needs further info abt his financial status they can always contact him for it. Someone already suggested that I will be denied simply BC immigration papers is being processed in my favour. I need or contribution asap as I am scheduled to attend d interview on Thursday. I work in Babcock and my salary is 100k. Presently I have 525k in my acct. What are my chances. I am a Nigerian and applying from the same country.
Tnx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by passionup11: 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hello my guys. I need to give back to the forum that gave me everything I used today . Today was my interview date with my family at the American Consulate, Lagos. This is the transcript of how my interview went.
Vo: Good morning
me: Good morning
Vo: why are you visiting the us:
me: Vacation
Vo: are you visiting any relative?
Vo: what's her occupation?
me: I mentioned
VO: When last did u see her?
Me: I mentioned
Vo: what do you do?
Vo: what is your wage?
Vo: how long have you worked there?
me: I answered
turns to my wife and asked her
Vo: what do you do:
my wife: she answered
Vo: what's your wage?
My wife: she answered
Vo: how long have you been working:
Vo: would you be seeking medical help in the us?
we: answered no
Vo: would you be giving birth in the Us?
we: answered that she isn't pregnant.
she then said pick up your passport at the DHL office in VI on Thursday.
my observation: i noticed that people that had travelled before were given visas today . so many people on virgin passports were denied. people with virgin passports but had good jobs were given after much stress and questions. Also ,most elderly people were refused. I didn't know why.
Above all, thanks to God almighty. its not how smart one is but the grace of God. I had learnt everything here. deployed my time and resources to this page and it really helped me . DRESS SMARTLY ALSO . I DONT ENCOURAGE PEOPLE WEARING JEANS OR DRESSING IMPROPERLY. Thanks guys . I am so indebted to you guys. God bless

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by maximumm: 3:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
@ passionup11, Congratulations to you and ur wife! Did u apply with virgin passport?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by passionup11: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
maximumm: @ passionup11, Congratulations to you and ur wife! Did u apply with virgin passport?
@maximum, I have been to UK and UAE within the last 2 months.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by maximumm: 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
passionup11:
@maximum, I have been to UK and UAE within the last 2 months.

Ok.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tolma28(m): 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
tzetzefly:

Actually i made a mistake den. I added my monthly income from my personal business with the monthly salary i received in hotel am working.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hi peeps, pls help me out, i wanna book US appointment, am already expecting my invitation letter, but i need your guidance on how to book an appointment. E.g what kind of appointment will i book. And where to book it, because i don't know their website. And is it after my booking i will pay for visa fee?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kayfuture: 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
passionup11: Hello my guys. I need to give back to the forum that gave me everything I used today . Today was my interview date with my family at the American Consulate, Lagos. This is the transcript of how my interview went.
Vo: Good morning
me: Good morning
Vo: why are you visiting the us:
me: Vacation
Vo: are you visiting any relative?
Vo: what's her occupation?
VO: When last did u see her?
Vo: what do you do?
Vo: what is your wage?
Vo: how long have you worked there?
me: I answered
turns to my wife and asked her
Vo: what do you do:
Vo: what's your wage?
My wife: she answered
Vo: how long have you been working:
Vo: would you be seeking medical help in the us?
we: answered no
Vo: would you be giving birth in the Us?
we: answered that she isn't pregnant.
she then said pick up your passport at the DHL office in VI on Thursday.
my observation: i noticed that people that had travelled before were given visas today . so many people on virgin passports were denied. people with virgin passports but had good jobs were given after much stress and questions. Also ,most elderly people were refused. I didn't know why.
Above all, thanks to God almighty. its not how smart one is but the grace of God. I had learnt everything here. deployed my time and resources to this page and it really helped me . DRESS SMARTLY ALSO . I DONT ENCOURAGE PEOPLE WEARING JEANS OR DRESSING IMPROPERLY. Thanks guys . I am so indebted to you guys. God bless

Good testimony up there ! However, I would like to buttress some of your points made...
Dis-Virgined passport = YES
Dress code= Not sure.( I saw a girl dressed like whom has not taken bath for 2year consecutively given visitor Visa )
Audio = Be audible enough infact use Pub address system if need be.
Don't lie.... it will hunt you back trust me!
And finally . Faith move Mountains .... Trust God

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2014
tolma28:

Actually i made a mistake den. I added my monthly income from my personal business with the monthly salary i received in hotel am working.

And how did you clear this mistake when interviewed?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
Larminess: i was at d US consulate dubai on d 18th(thursday),unfortunately my visa denied.
here is my transcript
me:good morning
vo:may i have ur passpot
vo:y are u going to the us
me:im going to attend a seminar on practical pizza production
vo:are you married
me:nope
vo:have u travelled before
vo:where
me:Dubai, ive been in dubai twice before i got employed
vo:whos sponsoring your trip
me:my employer
vo:how many years have u been here
me:8months
we both smiled
vo:u ought to have been here for years before u apply
and she started blah blah
me:*****cut in*****how many years
vo:i dont know
me: thank u but Bleep u grin(Bleep her ke for my mind grin)
now ive mailed the institute(American institute of baking)that i would like to apply for their resident course which is M1 visa
and im planning to apply again from Nigeria
plz what are my chances

You dont have ties to Nigeria. Better you wait to re-apply from Dubai after 3-4years or you get a job in Nigeria and apply after 3years of continous employment.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
tolarr: I am asking because my dad ( a US citizen has since been processing my immigration paper s, for me, my wife and two sons. My dad sent only an invitation letter to me stating that if the us embassy needs further info abt his financial status they can always contact him for it. Someone already suggested that I will be denied simply BC immigration papers is being processed in my favour. I need or contribution asap as I am scheduled to attend d interview on Thursday. I work in Babcock and my salary is 100k. Presently I have 525k in my acct. What are my chances. I am a Nigerian and applying from the same country.
Tnx

You have an immigration petition pending, and sincerely your economic situation doesnt look good at this time.

You may have to wait your turn on your immigrant petition.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
Isjaymoh: Hi peeps, pls help me out, i wanna book US appointment, am already expecting my invitation letter, but i need your guidance on how to book an appointment. E.g what kind of appointment will i book. And where to book it, because i don't know their website. And is it after my booking i will pay for visa fee?

www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 5:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
Please, for someone who wants to attend a wedding in the USA next year June, when is the best time to go for the visa interview? Can such person go for the interview 8 months before the wedding ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
tayoamos: Please, for someone who wants to attend a wedding in the USA next year June, when is the best time to go for the visa interview? Can such person go for the interview 8 months before the wedding ?

Yes.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tolma28(m): 8:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
tzetzefly:

And how did you clear this mistake when interviewed?

During d interview d vo didnt ask anytin relatin to my income. But she did as my wife which she replied (120k) and she asked abt where we re goin in d us and fr hw long (21 days) and datz all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 8:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
tzetzefly please is a change in sponsorship a sign of desperation Even when its genuine.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
tayoamos:
Just explain this to them at the POE. Occasionally, the officer at the POE might drill you to ask why changing your plan. I was drill also during mine ,I filled the Ds 160 that I was going to Denver Colorado, ended up going to Minneapolis Minnesota. The officer drilled me why I changed my plan as it was not what I told the visa officer when I applied for the visa, but I explained and he understood

Actually I am going to New Orleans. I entered in my DS 160 form that I would fly Delta, via Atlanta if I use Delta airline. However I can save over 100k if I fly with Qatar airline via Dallas. I would just explain to POE that I go a cheaper flight better than Delta. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 10:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
Im employed but my wife is not yet. could that be an issue as I can sponsor her and the child.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dROC1: 11:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
Got this off a Philippino website, might be helpful

http://paonazario.com/2014/06/11/7-tips-on-how-to-pass-the-u-s-visa-interview/

Tomorrow is the d day for mesmiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wale25omis: 1:25am On Sep 23, 2014
Hello my good pple of nairaland.. Am new here.. Pls i need advise and guide line I wanna apply for usa visit visa through conference in Baltimore.. Am working currently in Dubai as a security officer which am get 5 figure salary to my Naija account... Pls I need step by step on where and how to start and the nessary document I should be preparing down for the interview I wish to have my apportionment book for late January cos I will be in Nigeria by then for vacation...and if I make my ticket itenary from naija to usa and usa to Dubai back... Pls I need advise and guidance
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 6:38am On Sep 23, 2014
dROC1: Got this off a Philippino website, might be helpful

http://paonazario.com/2014/06/11/7-tips-on-how-to-pass-the-u-s-visa-interview/

Tomorrow is the d day for mesmiley
Congrats in advance. It is very certain that you'll get the visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yemioo7: 7:03am On Sep 23, 2014
Hello,pls kindly assist me,I came back frm UK last two weeks on 14days visitin wt my fiancee. We are abt gettin married by next month and we want to spend our honey moon in USA after we have made it known to them in our place of work and we have been given permission. my wife to be has her visa given to her wen she applied for it in UK as a student then.we have a cousin in US with valid papers and he's ready to invite us and accomodate us for d period of 3weeks we want to spend bt he didn't knw how to go abt invintation. May b he wl write d US embassy in nigeria or jst send d invitation to us directly he don't even knw.pls kindly guide us hw to go abt it
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 8:14am On Sep 23, 2014
ekpotek:

Actually I am going to New Orleans. I entered in my DS 160 form that I would fly Delta, via Atlanta if I use Delta airline. However I can save over 100k if I fly with Qatar airline via Dallas. I would just explain to POE that I go a cheaper flight better than Delta. Thanks
Whatever airline u fly with does not concern anyone, so far u travel to the state and city of where u told the visa officer at the time of your visa application. Take whatever airline, it doesn't concern them, so far yougo to the earlier destination if its a new visa you are issued
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:40am On Sep 23, 2014
superfavour: tzetzefly please is a change in sponsorship a sign of desperation Even when its genuine.

How soon was this change made and who was the first and the likely second person to you?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:43am On Sep 23, 2014
tolma28:

During d interview d vo didnt ask anytin relatin to my income. But she did as my wife which she replied (120k) and she asked abt where we re goin in d us and fr hw long (21 days) and datz all.

If that is the case, you will have to make a better analysis of your earnings in future and be ready to explain to the VO when he/she notices.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dROC1: 8:54am On Sep 23, 2014
charzyh2:
Congrats in advance. It is very certain that you'll get the visa.

Thanks charzyh2, I just got the visa!

I'm single but was able to show good ties.

This forum proved very helpful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.