Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060577 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifax(f): 9:20am On Sep 23, 2014
yemioo7: Hello,pls kindly assist me,I came back frm UK last two weeks on 14days visitin wt my fiancee. We are abt gettin married by next month and we want to spend our honey moon in USA after we have made it known to them in our place of work and we have been given permission. my wife to be has her visa given to her wen she applied for it in UK as a student then.we have a cousin in US with valid papers and he's ready to invite us and accomodate us for d period of 3weeks we want to spend bt he didn't knw how to go abt invintation. May b he wl write d US embassy in nigeria or jst send d invitation to us directly he don't even knw.pls kindly guide us hw to go abt it

Why don't u use a hotel reservation? Since u r going for honeymoon
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Egomah(m): 9:23am On Sep 23, 2014
Congregation, what were the ties you stated? Can one use a personal house document as a landed tie, even when there's no C/O?

dROC1:

Thanks charzyh2, I just got the visa!

I'm single but was able to show good ties.

This forum proved very helpful.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by maximumm: 10:43am On Sep 23, 2014
Egomah: Congregation, what were the ties you stated? Can one use a personal house document as a landed tie, even when there's no C/O?

@ droc1, pls share ur interview transcript with us in this forum. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 11:04am On Sep 23, 2014
dROC1:

Thanks charzyh2, I just got the visa!

I'm single but was able to show good ties.

This forum proved very helpful.
i knew you would get it. Where in US are you heading to?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Emblem(m): 11:51am On Sep 23, 2014
Egomah: Congregation, what were the ties you stated? Can one use a personal house document as a landed tie, even when there's no C/O?

You don't state your ties because time no dey neither will the vo ask you for your ties. When you start saying what you are not asked, it only shows you wanna impress the VO, which shows that you are desperate. The VO will know your tie to your country from the questions he ask you. He can then ask to see proof if he doubt you. My friend got his 2yrs visa despite the fact that he only strolled into the embassy with his passport, confirmation letter and appointment letter. He was asked for his bank statement, he said he left it in his car at the embassy car park when he was rushing to the embassy.
As for me, my only tie is my job and my wife. The Vo asked why is my wife not going with me (....Even though she got her US visa from the UK). Told the Vo she just got a job here in lagos and she isn't entitled to a leave yetv(Dat's a tie)...........I guess that made the vo feel i still have every reason to come back to naija.

My View about this C of O and blah blah is not a big deal to me because this white guys are not even ready to check your documents. Your answers to a question determines the next he's gonna ask u. I am only saying this to encourage those that feels because they don't have properties, they can't get a US visa. Infact, a common NYSC is a tie. While i was waiting for my turn to be interviewed last week, the vo at window 9 denied like 11 people. This 11 people includes the wife of a VC of a university dat just got back from uk last week, a medical doctor going for a conference sponsored by LUTH, an HIV-looking girl (God forgrive me ) going for surgery after already paying $22,000. Let me now blow ur mind, the only guy he gave a visa was a boy in dreadlocks on a native wear who said he just graduated from school and going to stay with his elder brother till his NYSC Call-up letter is out. At that point, i knew my visa sure die.

Moral Lession grin : Anybody can get a US Visa. Just be audible and be confident............Pls don't get me wrong o. A vo who is having a bad day can ruin an applicants chances of getting a visa (God factor grin ). The guy that interviewed me was just dashing out visa that day and he was busy laughing and playing with kids. It's all about God.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by talk2don: 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
hello,

Good day to everyone in the house. I am writing to make an enquiry about scheduling a group appointment of 6 people from the same organization. I got to know that a group appointment can be requested for a group of 10, please kindly enlighten me on how to go about it.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NADAL5: 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
@Emblem...u funny,oooo anyway thanks for the Ellightement and the tips.....dis's lyk a moral boaster for sum1 lyk me,ooo as I await my own interview day #GODPASSDEM

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ManchyBabe: 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello All,

Please i would like to know if a Huaband and wife fillout the form, and end up having different Interview Dates, can they both go together for the wife's interview date since it is coming up before the husband's interview date. Or is there anyway they can change the dates into just 1 day for both of them.

Please Help!

Thank You.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
tzetzefly:

How soon was this change made and who was the first and the likely second person to you?

2months,initially was the uncle as sponsorship, the likely sponsor now is myself(m-1 category)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 8:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
ifax:

Why don't u use a hotel reservation? Since u r going for honeymoon

He also needs to reduce his stay to about 10 days. My opinion.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
superfavour:

2months,initially was the uncle as sponsorship, the likely sponsor now is myself(m-1 category)

The question will now be why didnt you apply to sponsor yourself inn the first instance?

This will determine your success along with the necessary ties required for visa issuance.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
ManchyBabe: Hello All,

Please i would like to know if a Huaband and wife fillout the form, and end up having different Interview Dates, can they both go together for the wife's interview date since it is coming up before the husband's interview date. Or is there anyway they can change the dates into just 1 day for both of them.

Please Help!

Thank You.

Call the US call center representative to lay this complaints. Have your appointment details with you and both international passports at hand.

Telephone: To speak with a call center representative, call: +23414406294.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Alubosa: 12:25am On Sep 24, 2014
Hello tzetzefly,

My family would like to spend our Xmas in the state. My 8months old son was born in the US and my wife still has a valid US visa. We v visited Seychelles and Dubai for family vacation in the past. Pls what document will i need to take to the embassy for my interview coming up soon? Do i make copies of my son's US passport and wifey's visa page or what do u advise?

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2014
Alubosa: Hello tzetzefly,

My family would like to spend our Xmas in the state. My 8months old son was born in the US and my wife still has a valid US visa. We v visited Seychelles and Dubai for family vacation in the past. Pls what document will i need to take to the embassy for my interview coming up soon? Do i make copies of my son's US passport and wifey's visa page or what do u advise?

Thanks

Your wife's passport is all that's needed. Your baby's details are already with the Embassy. He is an American.

Hope you paid for the hospital bills?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 24, 2014
Hello pls I need help. I already applied for a visa and my interview date is next week. The problem us my dad lives in Connecticut (he is the one I will be visiting) but when I made s mistake in filling Lagos to New York on my form, though I stated on the form that my dad lives in Connecticut. I have since asked my agent to get me another itinery Lagos to Connecticut.
My question is this, what should I tell d VO if he asks me why I filled my travel details to be from Lagos to New York when I am actually heading to Connecticut. Pls I need urgent response as I am apprehensive a wrong response to DT question (should d vote ask) could put d vote off.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 24, 2014
I have already requested another itinery but it can't be filled on d form since I have suited almost two wks ago. I can only tender a hard copy of d new itinery but I am disturbed because d destination on the new itinery (Connecticut) is totally different from d previous destination ( new York) I filled on d submitted form. My interview is on Monday. Pls or advice/ response will be appreciated
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Alubosa: 9:42am On Sep 24, 2014
tzetzefly:

Your wife's passport is all that's needed. Your baby's details are already with the Embassy. He is an American.

Hope you paid for the hospital bills?

Yes i did.And the hospital's zero-balance receipt was scanned to the embassy. Thanks tzetzefly.i'll keep u posted. God bless u real good
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 10:39am On Sep 24, 2014
When i got mine, i filled i was going to Miami florida. When i went, I went in through JFK and the POE official didnt ask me anything along that line. It was my 1st time in the US also. It was more of what are you going to do and where will you be staying. Yours may be different sha but i dont think it calls for worry.

ekpotek: Hi house. I was issued a US 2 years visit visa last month. I had entered in my DS 160 form that my point of entry and exit would be Atlanta as I am going to New Orleans for a conference. I also stated that my arrival date will be 30th Sept. Now I want to go through Dallas and arrive a day earlier as this ticket is cheaper and I have got another invitation to attend a preconferemce meeting on the 30th. My concern is will there be any issue at point of entry at Dallas for change in travel plan and route? Note I have travelled to US before, that was in 2008.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by joxiri: 11:14am On Sep 24, 2014
Very difficult ? With urgent response required

Whilst filling in the ds160 form
The question says

Are you applying for this us visa from the same place you got your last us visa and are resident in this place

The situation is yes to the 1st part and no to the 2nd part, that is yes the application is in the same place were the previous visa was issued however the applicant is not resident there atm

And these 2 parts are summed up into 1 question

So how does one go about answering this do you say yes or no
Pls I need help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
tolarr: Hello pls I need help. I already applied for a visa and my interview date is next week. The problem us my dad lives in Connecticut (he is the one I will be visiting) but when I made s mistake in filling Lagos to New York on my form, though I stated on the form that my dad lives in Connecticut. I have since asked my agent to get me another itinery Lagos to Connecticut.
My question is this, what should I tell d VO if he asks me why I filled my travel details to be from Lagos to New York when I am actually heading to Connecticut. Pls I need urgent response as I am apprehensive a wrong response to DT question (should d vote ask) could put d vote off.

Depends on the immediate reason you have, but you can enter into any part of the States from any international airport.

Try to know what airline connects from Newyork to Connecticut and you can as well connect by bus or rail as the case may be, if you're a lover of distance travel.

Connecticut shares border with New York to the west of the United States. Just like Lagos to Ibadan and vice versa.

The choice is yours.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
Thank you all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ramzolly: 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hello tzetzefly, please when is it too late to submit a ds-160 form? Can i submit it a week or a few days to my interview? Are there any risks involved? Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ramzolly: Hello tzetzefly, please when is it too late to submit a ds-160 form? Can i submit it a week or a few days to my interview? Are there any risks involved? Thanks

You can even submit few hours to your interview. That's not a problem at all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Horluphysiryor(m): 5:16am On Sep 25, 2014
Hello tzetzefly, pls sir I filled my monthly salary in USD on my DS-160 form hope it won't affect my application.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 25, 2014
Horluphysiryor: Hello tzetzefly, pls sir I filled my monthly salary in USD on my DS-160 form hope it won't affect my application.

Its stated on that form that you should fill it in your local currency.

Correct it if you haven't submitted.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Horluphysiryor(m): 7:06am On Sep 25, 2014
Phema:

Its stated on that form that you should fill it in your local currency.

Correct it if you haven't submitted.
it submitted already pls what can u advice me to do plssss?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 25, 2014
Horluphysiryor: it submitted already pls what can u advice me to do plssss?

When is your interview?

Retreive it and make the necessary corrections. Then change the DS 160 number on your already booked appointment to the new one.

If it isn't doable, make the corrections on the new DS 160 and go with the old appointment like that. You will explain when you get to the interview. That is if you are even asked.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2014
tzetzefly:

The question will now be why didnt you apply to sponsor yourself inn the first instance?

This will determine your success along with the necessary ties required for visa issuance.

Ok, should I maintain my uncle as still my sponsor,even though am sponsoring myself?

The transcript of the last interview :

Me: good morning ma"m
VO: good morning
VO: why did you choose so so bible training
Me: its one of the best bible training college in the world, as a minister when I went to s/a I was introduced by a friend
VO: just staring
VO:wow
VO: who is spoonsoring you?
Me: my uncle, who is also a minister
VO: ..changes countenance..then sorry blah blah

Tzezefly please advice.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
tee12345: When i got mine, i filled i was going to Miami florida. When i went, I went in through JFK and the POE official didnt ask me anything along that line. It was my 1st time in the US also. It was more of what are you going to do and where will you be staying. Yours may be different sha but i dont think it calls for worry.

Thanks. I entered New Orleans as my designation in the US and entered Atlanta as my point of entry. I would now enter through Dallas as it cheaper.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ramzolly: 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
Phema:

You can even submit few hours to your interview. That's not a problem at all.
Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bsafolabi: 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
I will like to seek for advice on behalf of my mother, her 2years us visitingvisa expired on 2nd of june 2012 and she is 69 years old now. I will like to ask may she is qualified for dropbox application for visa renewal
Re: Usa Visit Visa by floralgal: 8:45am On Sep 26, 2014
Mofella: You can surely go with no travel history,there are a lot of testimonies to that.

As regards your share certificates, that is not in anyway a tie, you can be anywhere in the world and receive dividends on your shares and even sell the shares,so its not a tie.

A good job and Husband should be sufficient.

@Mofella....Thnx Abunch, God will bless you for me. You where the only one that responded to my enquiry n i read other's profiles too.
I give God the glory, because he did it. I had my interview yesterday and was successful. I challenged God and he did it all. He showed me he is the GREATEST.

Thanks To All Members Of The House!!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.