Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060441 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2015
chloe7:
@adigunomomama long time no see, you ran away from the thread since. Well in my opinion I will prefer to continue to do it myself till I get the visa o because those agents have their way of messing things up and filling wrong informations for someone and you really can't access those informations again compared to uk that they will even return the form you filled when returning your passport, I think you should try to get another country's visa first before reapplying because that's just what i'm doing, i'm also attending a 2nd interview in Lagos this February and I pray for favour and please don't use agents o so you don't have issues at all.

Don't mind me...have been busy. Am planning to visit south africa or kenya for my birthday in february, so atleast my status will change. Am not using any agent, I will do it myself. I pray you meet favour in your next interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 02, 2015
Please I intend visiting US by May but my problem is that am having a virgin passport, pls will it stop them from granting me a visa ? Please I need a guide line because I will be travelling with my husband but he already has a valid visa. Pls professional advice pls. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:44am On Jan 02, 2015
adigunomomama:

Don't mind me...have been busy. Am planning to visit south africa or kenya for my birthday in february, so atleast my status will change. Am not using any agent, I will do it myself. I pray you meet favour in your next interview.
I am a learner o! I just happen to have a lotta free time on my hands presently and I speak from experience of whom was bounced by UK, Canada and UK in that order. I simply learnt ma lesson, addressed my mistakes and got the visas after.
Do not let anybody decieve you nwanne. The agents are just hustlers like you and their guess is as good as yours. If they tell a lie for you, u will be worse off cos you can't back it up. Address the issues. Its good you are travelling now. If kudi de carry family along.
@Cloe happy nw year. Wishing you all the best this year o! Buy me bread when u go yankee after d interview o!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
cindynwagbo:
Please I intend visiting US by May but my problem is that am having a virgin passport, pls will it stop them from granting me a visa ? Please I need a guide line because I will be travelling with my husband but he already has a valid visa. Pls professional advice pls. Thanks.
I can only pAss on some tidbits that might help. Go with your husband's passport. And family pixs. If asked purpose of travel: answer Family vacation. That will channel the line of questioning to your hubby (I hope).
Good luck and remember to fill your form without mistakes

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Atmmachine(m): 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
cindynwagbo:
your virgin passport ain't gonna deter you from getting a visa.. Be truthful to the V.O at the embassy & you gonna get a visa.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 12:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
cindynwagbo:

Try to travel with your hubby before you apply or you might be lucky the VO will not ask but am sure he/she will ask because during my interview they ask couples travelling together. My 1kobo
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
@LadyGuinivere thanks for the goodluck wishes o! I hope I get the visa, I just even renewed my uk visa in December sef, so i'm just chilling now, literally i'm just being hopeful that I receive favour during my interview, and i'm doing Lagos again this time around.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by aagadeogun(m): 6:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
My visa was approved few days ago. It was just easy for me as I spent less than 1 minute with the VO. Thanks a lot for all that have posted useful information here. It really helped me. My transcripts are as follows:

VO: hello
Me: Hello, Good Afternnoon
VO: Good Afternoon Mr...... I can see from your application that you are going to Texas. For what pupose?
Me: Im going there to attend a conference, I have been invited to present a paper at the conference
VO: What do you do here in Nigeria?
Me : Im a researcher. I work with so so so research center at sooo sso univeristy
VO: Have u traveled out of the country before
Me Yes,, I was at Netherlands for my Masters, I was at SA for a conference last year, I visited.......
VO. (Cuts in), Mr ..........., Ive just approved your visa and you can pick it up on soo soo date at your selected location
Me: Thank you and bye
VO: BYE

Based on my experience at the place , my advise are as follows:
1. Have a genuine reason for filing an application. The VO have been trained to identify potential immigrants
2. Be honest with you application
3: Be composed, do not over do things or try to woo the VO by all means. you might just be labelled desperados and being rejected.. Just answer your questions as simple as possible
4. Be prayerful. So that you are not interviewed by a "sadist". There is one black woman (VO) that kept on rejecting people on that day. Whereas, many people that found themselves in the front of a white VO on that day were just so lucky. I was intervied by her.
I wish all the applicants success in their various interviews
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 03, 2015
aagadeogun:
My visa was approved few days ago. It was just easy for me as I spent less than 1 minute with the VO. Thanks a lot for all that have posted useful information here. It really helped me. My transcripts are as follows:

VO: hello
Me: Hello, Good Afternnoon
VO: Good Afternoon Mr...... I can see from your application that you are going to Texas. For what pupose?
Me: Im going there to attend a conference, I have been invited to present a paper at the conference
VO: What do you do here in Nigeria?
Me : Im a researcher. I work with so so so research center at sooo sso univeristy
VO: Have u traveled out of the country before
Me Yes,, I was at Netherlands for my Masters, I was at SA for a conference last year, I visited.......
VO. (Cuts in), Mr ..........., Ive just approved your visa and you can pick it up on soo soo date at your selected location
Me: Thank you and bye
VO: BYE

Based on my experience at the place , my advise are as follows:
1. Have a genuine reason for filing an application. The VO have been trained to identify potential immigrants
2. Be honest with you application
3: Be composed, do not over do things or try to woo the VO by all means. you might just be labelled desperados and being rejected.. Just answer your questions as simple as possible
4. Be prayerful. So that you are not interviewed by a "sadist". There is one black woman (VO) that kept on rejecting people on that day. Whereas, many people that found themselves in the front of a white VO on that day were just so lucky. I was intervied by her.
I wish all the applicants success in their various interviews

were you interviewed in Lagos or Abuja consulate? , sounds like Lagos though.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wunmi38: 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
I wish to know what i need to write as reason for denial on my last two application because they just handed over the blue paper to us without a real reason : we applied under B1/B2 my wife was going for child birth then but we got letter from the hospital and a brother gave us invite letter but the 1st and the 2nd time i even had receipt from the hospital for some deposit that was paid but till date i don't know the reason for what they did.
but i wish to travel in to The US for my vacation later in the year so i need a guide on my application that i intend filling later in the month.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
wunmi38:
I wish to know what i need to write as reason for denial on my last two application because they just handed over the blue paper to us without a real reason : we applied under B1/B2 my wife was going for child birth then but we got letter from the hospital and a brother gave us invite letter but the 1st and the 2nd time i even had receipt from the hospital for some deposit that was paid but till date i don't know the reason for what they did.
but i wish to travel in to The US for my vacation later in the year so i need a guide on my application that i intend filling later in the month.

Look closely at the blue paper and check what the VO ticked
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wunmi38: 11:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

after reading your response I went to check the blue paper no particular point was ticked and I looked through the papers all I can pick is that it states that I did not demonstrate enough to show some ties to my homeland with a letter from my employer, the papers to my house and funds at the bank they still said I don't ve ties to my homeland so if there is any other ways for me to know what am not doing right any way thank you for the quick response I really app8.
thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 04, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

the v.o didn't tick anything when I was refused o, did they use to tick before?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:25am On Jan 04, 2015
wunmi38:

after reading your response I went to check the blue paper no particular point was ticked and I looked through the papers all I can pick is that it states that I did not demonstrate enough to show some ties to my homeland with a letter from my employer, the papers to my house and funds at the bank they still said I don't ve ties to my homeland so if there is any other ways for me to know what am not doing right any way thank you for the quick response I really app8.
thank you
So there u have your reason. Going for childbirth is very serious work. U had to cross your I's and dot your T's. Mayb the money in your account was sufficent to cover the birth but nothing would remain afterwards. I'm just taking wild stabs in the dark now cos I do not know the full story when you were rejected. Go thru that application process again and give the house a detailed story. Maybe somebody may be able to help out with viable tips
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 3:05am On Jan 04, 2015
chloe7:

Does the location matter?

His travelling experience is mwaaaaah!!!

If am the VO I can't denie him too
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 3:07am On Jan 04, 2015
wunmi38:

Bro...try and post your interview if you can still remeber. Am very sure the gurus will sort the reason of the refusal out asap
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wunmi38: 9:45am On Jan 04, 2015
adigunomomama:

Bro...try and post your interview if you can still remeber. Am very sure the gurus will sort the reason of the refusal out asap

am really grateful for your responses:
!st refusal
I have an hospital and also have the correspondence with the doctor and the funds in my accounts would cover the child birth expense and I don't know what went wrong but the 2nd time I even went ahead to make a deposit of over 70% for the hospital bill and also have receipt issued to me by the hospital which was later refunded after I was refused and also have some funds in my account that will cater for the travelling expenses but the thing I don't have back home then was a child and i was going with my wife and maybe the distance between san diego and texas but I feel I should have a different stand now since I will be applying alone and my family will be applying later in the year as I was advised on dis forum.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by aagadeogun(m): 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
chloe7:

I was interviewed at Lagos.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
aagadeogun:

I was interviewed at Lagos.
awwwww congratulations.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
adigunomomama:

Does the location matter?

His travelling experience is mwaaaaah!!!

If am the VO I can't denie him too
we know that the abuja consulate is more lenient than the Lagos consulate that's no news, but the interview transcript sounded like lagos, with all my travel experiences I was still denied
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Alubosa: 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
wunmi38:

am really grateful for your responses:
!st refusal
I have an hospital and also have the correspondence with the doctor and the funds in my accounts would cover the child birth expense and I don't know what went wrong but the 2nd time I even went ahead to make a deposit of over 70% for the hospital bill and also have receipt issued to me by the hospital which was later refunded after I was refused and also have some funds in my account that will cater for the travelling expenses but the thing I don't have back home then was a child and i was going with my wife and maybe the distance between san diego and texas but I feel I should have a different stand now since I will be applying alone and my family will be applying later in the year as I was advised on dis forum.

Ur wife should have applied alone, using u as a tie to her homeland when she was pregnant . Afterwards, u'd v applied months/weeks to her EDD with the intention of witnessing the birth of ur child. Shikena

U,as a family man, going on vacation alone is a NO! NO!! -Gurus abi i lie? Rather apply with ur family for family vacation. Simple
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wunmi38: 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
Alubosa:

Ur wife should have applied alone, using u as a tie to her homeland when she was pregnant . Afterwards, u'd v applied months/weeks to her EDD with the intention of witnessing the birth of ur child. Shikena

U,as a family man, going on vacation alone is a NO! NO!! -Gurus abi i lie? Rather apply with ur family for family vacation. Simple

noted waiting for more guide before my final move thank you house

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by 100dollarbills(m): 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
Pheeeewwww!!! Finally!!! I'm here. From page 1 to the last Well done guys. Very well done! I've been a guest reader on NL since 2009. I decided not to join nor post 'cause of the way people throw insults and jabs at each other on the forum. So far, this has been the only sane section with respectful people. I give it to the moderator, tzetzefly, suxes01, justwise and other gurus in the house.

FFWD, my case is not uncommon, my wife gave birth to our son in the US last year.All bills were paid.She went for the interview with a virgin pssprt and she was granted. Now i would like to take my son to Disney, Orlando,Florida for his 1yr birthday and also family vacation cum august this year. However, my pssprt is more or less a virgin pssprt. 'though i've been denied UK visa twice in the past.

Pls house my questions are:
1. Judging from the VO's point of view, what would be our tie back home if i'm granted visa and then, me, my wife and my son (american citizen) go to the US? Pls note i have landed properties and a well-established business

2. Would the VO probably ask for reasons for the 2 UK visa denials? Or ask why we haven't travelled abroad together as a family before?

Please gurus in the house, over to you sirs and ma'ams
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
@100dollar (nna send some to me na! Lol)
1. UK refusal no concern them. They won't ask you. If I'm right, in filling the US form, u are only asked about prior US refusals if any.

2. When you are applying go along with all your wife's reciepts and gbo gbo eh. If she got a zero balance report from the hospital carry am go. Cos as you are going for family vacation, they'l ask if your wife and son have a visa and from there, they'l scutinise your wife.

3. Virgin passport is not a bar as lotsa people have gotten with that.

4. As to tie, now it depends on your business? Small or medium or large scale? That is one of the ties they will consider

5. IMO , you have a fighting chance, cos your wife went, did not abuse the process, paid and came back. If I was the VO, I'll assume that your family is a law abiding one. Your son, though a citizen is still a baby so I do not think it will bear much weight. If your wife didn't seek support then, its unlikely she will now (My 2 kobo).

I have a question sha.
When your wife was going did she apply to give birth or she just used her visa to give birth? If the latter was the case, did she inform them of her intention?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Alubosa: 4:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
100dollarbills:
Pheeeewwww!!! Finally!!! I'm here. From page 1 to the last Well done guys. Very well done! I've been a guest reader on NL since 2009. I decided not to join nor post 'cause of the way people throw insults and jabs at each other on the forum. So far,

Please gurus in the house, over to you sirs and ma'ams

Well.......u'd v applied while ur wife was still in the state saying u wanted to witness d birth of ur child even though u wldnt go.U'd v seized d opportunity. Ur case is not hopeless just be honest in ur interview
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Alubosa: 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=29485027]@100dollar (nna send some to me na! Lol)
1. UK refusal no concern them. They won't ask you. If I'm right, in filling the US form, u are only asked about prior US refusals if any.
2. When you are applying go along with all your wife's reciepts and gbo gbo eh. If she got a zero balance report from the hospital carry am go. Cos as you are going for family vacation, they'l ask if you? [z/quote]

Well said....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
[quote author=Alubosa post=29485475][/quote]when my mum applied, she had a uk refusal on her passport, the us v.o asked her the reason for the uk refusal.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Alubosa: 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
chloe7:
when my mum applied, she had a uk refusal on her passport, the us v.o asked her the reason for the uk refusal.

Well.....in some cases some overzelous guys do. But actually it's got nothing to do with them
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
chloe7:
when my mum applied, she had a uk refusal on her passport, the us v.o asked her the reason for the uk refusal.
That one na winch craft VO o! Hian!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

That one na winch craft VO o! Hian!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
I swear I was surprised, she said it was a woman that interviewed her and the v.o was like, you have been refused in the uk embassy before what's the reason for your refusal and she answered the v.o that she didn't know why and the v.o told her she couldn't grant her the visa. I'm telling you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
Alubosa:

Well.....in some cases some overzelous guys do. But actually it's got nothing to do with them
i'm telling you, i've also heard from some other person too that a uk embassy refusal might lead to the U.S v.o raising eyebrow,i don't kuku know about that, i'm just happy with America because they don't stamp refusal
Re: Usa Visit Visa by celosia: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hello house a very good evening to u all, pls I want to make some enquiries and find out what my chances are I applied for american visa last year but was denied for obvious reasons ( I said I was going for a conference in aviation simply because I work a bank in the airport) the vo asked how my work was related I explained but I guess I couldn't convince him enough. Well now I want to apply for vacation . I have been working in the bank for 4 years now, I have a 5 year visa UK visa which I used last year , I also travelled to france last year on vacation. I am not married yet and I intend to do hotel reservation as I stated in my last application that I didn't have any relative In the US. Pls what are my chances and what can I do now to increase my chances of getting the visa. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.