Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059903 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
House pls see me see wonder o, I couldn't believe what happened today at US Embassy after questions and answer I still got denied, guru in the house pls go through my transcripts and let me have ur opinion.

But before then I did the normal biometrics, right from there the person that handles the biometrics asked if am a Lecturer or Student, I said no but Administrative Staff, I guess she went through my profile before she asked.

CO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
CO: Pls pass your passport and your confirmation paper, which I did. Immediately he said give me a min, I will be right back (he went inside and brought out blue sheets of papers which has contents inside and hang them. When he came back he apologized and I said no prb.
CO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: To honour my sister invitation to visit her and her family during my annual leave.
CO: Where do you work?
Answer: bla bla
CO: You work as?
CO: whats are your job schedule?
Answer: bla bla bla, (when it got to a point he was shocked and looked at me, I didn't stop I was just talking)
CO: Have your traveled before?
Answer: Yes, to Ghana with my wife for honey moon.
CO: Where did ur sister lives?
Answer: Houston in Texas
CO: where does she work?
Answer: She's bla bla
CO: what does ur wife do?
Answer: She's a legal practitioner

Guess d next thing he did, he just removed one of the blue paper and return it with my passport and said I will find out the reason why I was not eligible, when I read it was stated that I don't have strong ties under section 214(b). Through the interview he didn't ask whether I av children or not, he didn't even ask for a single document, he didn't ask if I av a home or not. This is so embarrassing mehn. I never dream of relocating not to talk of not return home, I av a happy home and a good job. Guru in the house what could be d challenge.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ist eh, what strikes me is 'how did your sis get to to the US?
2nd ''CO: whats are your job schedule?
Answer: bla bla bla, (when it got to a point he was shocked and looked at me, I didn't stop I was just talking"
What did you say that shocked him?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Ist eh, what strikes me is 'how did your sis get to to the US?
2nd ''CO: whats are your job schedule?
Answer: bla bla bla, (when it got to a point he was shocked and looked at me, I didn't stop I was just talking"
What did you say that shocked him?

She got there through DV Lottery and her husband has joined her, and they are blessed with a baby last year.Funny enough my mum just came back and I thought I should also give it a trial.

I said I give response to parents and students enquiries.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 3:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
chincomiowon:

She got there through DV Lottery and her husband has joined her, and they are blessed with a baby last year.Funny enough my mum just came back and I thought I should also give it a trial.
I said I give response to parents and students enquiries.

Did you actually say you wanted to give it a trial?

Sounds like you said something contradictory because he was shocked.

Rather than say bla bla bla, can you tell us exactly what it was you said. Being more specific will help us have a better picture of what transpired.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
thegreengooner:

Did you actually say you wanted to give it a trial?

Sounds like you said something contradictory because he was shocked.

Rather than say bla bla bla, can you tell us exactly what it was you said. Being more specific will help us have a better picture of what transpired.

Oh no, I mean I should also put in for the visa too, and this was not part of the discussion I had with the CO.

I gave him all my work schedule as stated in the DS-160 form but he should not expect me to say it the way it was listed in the form, may be that was where the prb is I can't say.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 4:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
chincomiowon:

Oh no, I mean I should also put in for the visa too, and this was not part of the discussion I had with the CO.
I gave him all my work schedule as stated in the DS-160 form but he should not expect me to say it the way it was listed in the form, may be that was where the prb is I can't say.

What exactly is your work schedule like?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
chincomiowon:

Probably, there must have been something u said that went contrary to what u filled in ur DS-160, these guys are well trained, they look into your eyes during interviews, observing body languages while at the same time scanning through what u filled in ur form, give it some time and re-apply after 3months...........
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eurogee: 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2015
thegreengooner:

I knew I was on to something there. If your main purpose is to purchase some items then tell them that at the embassy. They will then inquire whether it is possible to get order online and have them delivered to Nigeria and if so why do you have to travel to get them.

The essence of a B1/B2 visa is so that you can travel to the US for both business and pleasure.

I've just realised that you said you are an MSc student. You might be asked how your trip will affect your on going studies. Have you traveled outside Nigeria previously?

Thanks for ur engaging response Bro. The thing is that my intention to attend the conference, though secondary, is real. I plan to do both: attend the conference and purchase the items which will be too bulky to airfreight; it will be shipped by sea. It's next year i'm looking at to travel.

Yes. I had travelled to india for surgery in 2010. I had also travelled to Ghana last year on a visit to the school i had wanted to do my Msc before i decided otherwise.

I'm just looking at an easy way to do the both in the state, without being denied the visa. A friend suggested that conference will be my best option, as my business has not been incorporated yet. He suggested that since i'm being Paid monthly by my publisher/marketer, i should use that as evidence of my source of income. However, the amount i'm paid monthly isn't specific: 140k,130k,120 and sometimes 100k depending on the generated sales.

Also. When i newly started my program, i had inquired from my lecturer on the easiest way to get appointed as a lecturer. He advised that i had to make above 4.5 in my Msc, in addition to writing and publishing researched academic papers on popular journals; as well as attending scholarly workshops/seminars/conferences. He said all these would make me stand out among the crowd when i apply for the job. He finally said attending foreign based seminars would be a gr8 added advantage. So since then, i have been building my CV; I have published 2 academic papers on scholarly journals and attended 2 conferences with one professional workshop. So you can see that attending the conference will add value to my CV towards improving my chances for a possible appointment..

Pls with all these, do i stand a chance?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 24, 2015
chincomiowon:
House pls see me see wonder o, I couldn't believe what happened today at US Embassy after questions and answer I still got denied, guru in the house pls go through my transcripts and let me have ur opinion.

But before then I did the normal biometrics, right from there the person that handles the biometrics asked if am a Lecturer or Student, I said no but Administrative Staff, I guess she went through my profile before she asked.

CO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
CO: Pls pass your passport and your confirmation paper, which I did. Immediately he said give me a min, I will be right back (he went inside and brought out blue sheets of papers which has contents inside and hang them. When he came back he apologized and I said no prb.
CO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: To honour my sister invitation to visit her and her family during my annual leave.
CO: Where do you work?
CO: You work as?
CO: whats are your job schedule?
Answer: bla bla bla, (when it got to a point he was shocked and looked at me, I didn't stop I was just talking)
CO: Have your traveled before?
Answer: Yes, to Ghana with my wife for honey moon.
CO: Where did ur sister lives?
Answer: Houston in Texas
CO: where does she work?
Answer: She's bla bla
CO: what does ur wife do?
Answer: She's a legal practitioner

Guess d next thing he did, he just removed one of the blue paper and return it with my passport and said I will find out the reason why I was not eligible, when I read it was stated that I don't have strong ties under section 214(b). Through the interview he didn't ask whether I av children or not, he didn't even ask for a single document, he didn't ask if I av a home or not. This is so embarrassing mehn. I never dream of relocating not to talk of not return home, I av a happy home and a good job. Guru in the house what could be d challenge.

I'm very sorry. The US consulate can be disheartening some times.

Permit me to say this is a social netwrkin room and as such nobody knws you. In light of this, I'd urge u to be transparent in ur transcript. Without transparency it'll be almost impossible to assist you.
Pls give us the full transcript ok? Nobody knws you ok?
Accept my apologies.

#Prof. FredoRicko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 24, 2015
eurogee:
Hi able forumites, greetings. Pls i implore the pros here to respond to this questions. I'm an Msc student here in Naija. I have also authored two books that enable me to earn on average N120,000 monthly since 2012. My current savings is a little above N850,000. I'm married with a kid, and my wife is an undergraduate student. Pls how easy is it for me to get a conference visa to usa? Should I tell them my marketer is the one that'll sponsor the trip. Or should i tell them it's gonna be self-funded? Plsssssssss help me on this? Thanks

If I understood you, you wanna go to the US for a conference yea?
You're really going for a conference yea? And not using it as a front to get into the US. Well, hoping the answers to the above is "YES".

First, you make pretty much enough to sponsor yourself ok?
You've a family here in Nigeria, so u're a go under 214b.
just apply and pray for the best ok?, cos your circumstances are pretty much clear cut.

#Prof. FredoRicko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mumsyfiyin: 9:15am On Mar 24, 2015
Big thanks to @ LadyGuinivere
I just got my visa today to pick it up on Friday.Here is how the conversation went
VO:Good morning,please can you place your 4 right thumbs on the scanner
Me:ok

VO:Thank you,can I have your passport and DS form

VO: What do you do
Me:Senior Recruiter with blah blah blah

VO:I see you just returned from the UK
Me :Yes

VO: How many weeks did you stay and where did you stay
Me: London and 10days

VO: Are you married
Me:Yes

VO:Where does your husband work?
Me He works with blah blah

Vo:Where will you stay in US?
Me: Miami

VO:Why Miami
Me: Just to see the serene environment

VO: Do you intend seeking medical treatment
Me:No,not at the moment.

Vo:Pick up your visa on Friday on the address circled in the white paper.
Me:Thank you.

I was just favored no documents was checked and this was the same man I didn't want to go to because he was so harsh he's Indian and was refusing almost everybody with a stern face.

So thankful for this medium.

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by eurogee: 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
@thegreengonner and other forumites, i'm still anxiously awaiting ur response PLEASE. Do i stand a chance with all my descriptions? Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
Yipeeee @mumsyfiyn! Don't forget my feeo! One nylon of puff puff from miami.lol. Safe trip.
@eurogee the one prof fredricko answer is not enough? He gave u sound advice which is the best anyone can give u on this thread as we no be visa officer
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mumsyfiyin: 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=31950234]Yipeeee @mumsyfiyn! Don't forget my feeo! One nylon of[code][/code] puff puff from miami.lol. Safe trip. ]

Thanks. I can fry that and send to you.lol
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Yipeeee @mumsyfiyn! Don't forget my feeo! One nylon of puff puff from miami.lol. Safe trip.
@eurogee the one prof fredricko answer is not enough? He gave u sound advice which is the best anyone can give u on this thread as we no be visa officer

True cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eurogee: 1:34pm On Mar 24, 2015
@all; very grateful. Tot thegreengonner wanted to come up with sth, though.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2015
eurogee:

Thanks for ur engaging response Bro. The thing is that my intention to attend the conference, though secondary, is real. I plan to do both: attend the conference and purchase the items which will be too bulky to airfreight; it will be shipped by sea. It's next year i'm looking at to travel.

Yes. I had travelled to india for surgery in 2010. I had also travelled to Ghana last year on a visit to the school i had wanted to do my Msc before i decided otherwise.

I'm just looking at an easy way to do the both in the state, without being denied the visa. A friend suggested that conference will be my best option, as my business has not been incorporated yet. He suggested that since i'm being Paid monthly by my publisher/marketer, i should use that as evidence of my source of income. However, the amount i'm paid monthly isn't specific: 140k,130k,120 and sometimes 100k depending on the generated sales.

Also. When i newly started my program, i had inquired from my lecturer on the easiest way to get appointed as a lecturer. He advised that i had to make above 4.5 in my Msc, in addition to writing and publishing researched academic papers on popular journals; as well as attending scholarly workshops/seminars/conferences. He said all these would make me stand out among the crowd when i apply for the job. He finally said attending foreign based seminars would be a gr8 added advantage. So since then, i have been building my CV; I have published 2 academic papers on scholarly journals and attended 2 conferences with one professional workshop. So you can see that attending the conference will add value to my CV towards improving my chances for a possible appointment..

Pls with all these, do i stand a chance?

I cannot confirm if you stand a chance as I am not a Visa Officer however I can say that you would need to provide evidence of strong ties to Nigeria and intention to return to the country at the end of your visit to the US. You may also be required to show how a personal visit to the US for the conference will help you professionally.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eurogee: 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2015
thegreengooner:

I cannot confirm if you stand a chance as I am not a Visa Officer however I can say that you would need to provide evidence of strong ties to Nigeria and intention to return to the country at the end of your visit to the US. You may also be required to show how a personal visit to the US for the conference will help you professionally.

Ur appreciated to findin time to contribute to my inquiries. Grateful. God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by anaifey(f): 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
Just got my visa to NYC

vo- where do you work
me- .Bla Bla bla
where exactly are you going
me- Newyork
vo- where will u stay wen you get there
me- laquita in manhathan hands over my booking confirmation page
vo- how long are you staying
me-8 days
vo- what are you going for
me- business and tourism
vo-what kind of business
me- female clothing's and accessories, I do this on the side
vo- how much do you make monthly
me- bla bla bla
vo -are you married?
me- yes
vo- why is your husband not applying with you
me- he will be busy at the time am travelling
vo- do you have children
me - not yet but we are working on it- vo smiles at this point
vo- are you pregnant
me - no
vo- hands me the white papers and says go and pick up your passport at this address.

guys it was a long interview but it all I kept my cool answer casually and as honest as I could.

confidence is key don't appear too desperate.

Thanks a lot guys your councel really worked for me God also favoured me.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
anaifey:
Just got my visa to NYC

vo- where do you work
me- .Bla Bla bla
where exactly are you going
me- Newyork
vo- where will u stay wen you get there
me- laquita in manhathan hands over my booking confirmation page
vo- how long are you staying
me-8 days
vo- what are you going for
me- business and tourism
vo-what kind of business
me- female clothing's and accessories, I do this on the side
vo- how much do you make monthly
me- bla bla bla
vo -are you married?
me- yes
vo- why is your husband not applying with you
me- he will be busy at the time am travelling
vo- do you have children
me - not yet but we are working on it- vo smiles at this point
vo- are you pregnant
me - no
vo- hands me the white papers and says go and pick up your passport at this address.

guys it was a long interview but it all I kept my cool answer casually and as honest as I could.

confidence is key don't appear too desperate.

Thanks a lot guys your councel really worked for me God also favoured me.

long interview? abeg try check 100dollarbills own.lolz
congrats, and safe trip.

Abeg bring souvenir for me frm Newyork ooo

#Prof. FredoRicko

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by lewisropo(m): 7:19pm On Mar 24, 2015
good day all,i am a new member here but i have been following this forum for sonetime now,pls i am in need of advice,i got USB1/B2 visa last month,i am a single father of 2 the agent that helped me is n old friend who happen to know my kids mother,but he dint know we have departed, read tru d visa app form yesterday and i discover married instead of single in d printed out form he gave me and i never marry before.hope this will not affect me in future as i want to marry my US fiancee,thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
lewisropo:
good day all,i am a new member here but i have been following this forum for sonetime now,pls i am in need of advice,i got USB1/B2 visa last month,i am a single father of 2 the agent that helped me is n old friend who happen to know my kids mother,but he dint know we have departed, read tru d visa app form yesterday and i discover married instead of single in d printed out form he gave me and i never marry before.hope this will not affect me in future as i want to marry my US fiancee,thanks

It will affect u undecided, your details are already in the data base of the US government, these are some of the kasala & gbege wey agent dey cause, they collect their fee, fill nonsense, goad u along, but the consequences of all the kasala rest on the applicant,why didn't you tell him to show u the form b4 he submitted
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lewisropo(m): 7:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
thank you very much pls what do you think i should do? thank you.
shinejackie:

It will affect u undecided, your details are already in the data base of the US government, these are some of the kasala & gbege wey agent dey cause, they collect their fee, fill nonsense, goad u along, but the consequences of all the kasala rest on the applicant,why didn't you tell him to show u the form b4 he submitted
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2015
lewisropo:

Pls cn you answer the following questions jst to clarify some inconsistencies with ur statement.

1. I'm sure the visa officer must ve asked abt ur marital status at the point of ur interview; How did you respond? ?
2. Why go thru the form after ur visa ws issued and not b4?

As par ur marital status affecting your planned marriage, it won't ok? Even if you choose to do a formal wedding in the states, nobody checks to see if u've married b4 or not ( that's if you've done nothing to warrant a background check).
Next, not to promote polygamy or smfin but, pple who ve families marry another in secret and meet no waterloo. And moreso, The united States Government has much more in her plate to deal with than to vet evry potential suitor of her citizen/permanent resident k?

Chill and enjoy ur visa. Pls dnt void the terms of ur visa so you won't prevent pple from gettin theirs k?

#Prof. FredoRicko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lewisropo(m): 8:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
thank you very much,i was not ask if im married,i was checking my documents in order to give advice to a friend who want to apply. thank you.
fredoricko:

Pls cn you answer the following questions jst to clarify some inconsistencies with ur statement.

1. I'm sure the visa officer must ve asked abt ur marital status at the point of ur interview; How did you respond? ?

As par ur marital status affecting your planned marriage, it won't ok? Even if you choose to do a formal wedding in the states, nobody checks to see if u've married b4 or not ( that's if you've done nothing to warrant a background check).
Next, not to promote polygamy or smfin but, pple who ve families marry another in secret and meet no waterloo. And moreso, The united States Government has much more in her plate to deal with than to vet evry potential suitor of her citizen/permanent resident k?

Chill and enjoy ur visa. Pls dnt void the terms of ur visa so you won't prevent pple from gettin theirs k?

#Prof. FredoRicko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2015
[quote author=lewisropo post=31966253]thank you very much,i was not ask if im married,i was checking my documents in order to give advice to a friend who want to apply. thank you.
[/quo

Glad to have been of assistance.

#Prof. FredoRicko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
fredoricko:

#Prof. FredoRicko

@the bold, since he already fills in his Ds-160 form to be a married man,when he now wants to marry in future and the lady wants to file for him, what he already fills in his form will pop-out and that is where the kasala will come from, secondly, when u want to marry especially during the paper work, as soon as the lady files for him, they will check their record, once the record brings out his info as a married man when he applied for his visit visa, that will put a hold on the whole process, he ought to have a divorced certificate to enable him marry his US madam...........the agent messed up his application........

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
shinejackie:

@the bold, since he already fills in his Ds-160 form to be a married man,when he now wants to marry in future and the lady wants to file for him, what he already fills in his form will pop-out and that is where the kasala will come from, secondly, when u want to marry especially during the paper work, as soon as the lady files for him, they will check their record, once the record brings out his info as a married man when he applied for his visit visa, that will put a hold on the whole issue, he ought to have a divorced certificate to enable him marry his US madam...........the agent messed up his application........

Lolz.

What happens when a married man losses his wife and wanna remarry? Is he asked to bring her death certificate? It's no biggie k? Don't scare him or make him panic k?
Even if it turns out to be a problem latter, I'm sure it can be sorted out without any difficulty ***"The agent messed up his application"***

what he shld do now, is to perhaps thnk the agent for his mistake cos it probably resulted in his visa approval. I'm sure it's no news to you that the US consulate considers marital status as par section 214b of the immigration act.

#OneStepAtATime

#Prof. FredoRicko

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
Easy mate, l am not scaring him neither do l intend to make him panic,did u bother to read my response very well,the guy is single and the agent filled married and u said it is no biggie,l taya for u o undecided.....it is when the lady in the US wants to file for him that all this issue will crawl out,and he will need a divorce certificate to sort things out, that is the bitter truth.. undecided.Marriage & application for marriage in the US is a serious issue and the process is not a child's play especially if ur infos dont add up.....

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2015
@Prof Fredricko, I'm afraid Mr Shine holds the correct view. Why do you think married people are considered less likely to elope and have better statistics of a a successful visa? People who have families (undocumented/traditional marriage) get away with it with marrying again in the US.

@Lewis ur way no pure. U went along with the 'error' , got the visa now you are aasking for honest advice? Why didn't you clear it up with the embassy? If you try to marry your 'fiancee' and succeed, you will be held for bigamy and needless to say, you will be sent back to us. So don't go advicing your friend with bad advice now
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
@Prof Fredricko, I'm afraid Mr Shine holds the correct view. Why do you think married people are considered less likely to elope and have better statistics of a a successful visa? People who have families (undocumented/traditional marriage) get away with it with marrying again in the US.

@Lewis ur way no pure. U went along with the 'error' , got the visa now you are aasking for honest advice? Why didn't you clear it up with the embassy? If you try to marry your 'fiancee' and succeed, you will be held for bigamy and needless to say, you will be sent back to us. So don't go advicing your friend with bad advice now

Thnks.
I may have to work much more b4 I get that emeritus tingy lolz.

I guess him and his bride shld get an immigration lawyer and sort it out when the time comes.

And the need to be honest when filling the ds160 form is again brought to the fore.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
shinejackie:
Easy mate, l am not scaring him neither do l intend to make him panic,did u bother to read my response very well,the guy is single and the agent filled married and u said it is no biggie,l taya for u o undecided.....it is when the lady in the US wants to file for him that all this issue will crawl out,and he will need a divorce certificate to sort things out, that is the bitter truth.. undecided.Marriage & application for marriage in the US is a serious issue and the process is not a child's play especially if ur infos dont add up.....

sowie mate. Mistake acknowledged. Thumbs up!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.