Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,904 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059863 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
fredoricko:

sowie mate. Mistake acknowledged. Thumbs up!!!

No worries... cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
fredoricko:

Lolz.

What happens when a married man losses his wife and wanna remarry? Is he asked to bring her death certificate? It's no biggie k? Don't scare him or make him panic k?
Even if it turns out to be a problem latter, I'm sure it can be sorted out without any difficulty ***"The agent messed up his application"***

what he shld do now, is to perhaps thnk the agent for his mistake cos it probably resulted in his visa approval. I'm sure it's no news to you that the US consulate considers marital status as par section 214b of the immigration act.

#OneStepAtATime

#Prof. FredoRicko

Prof! Why u de yarn like this na this lovely tuesday night? For starters, it wasn't a mistake cos he went along with the form. Whether he was asked or not his marital status at the interview is irrelevant. He electronically signed the DS 160 and I'm almost certain he stated he filled his form by himself. The whole application as a whole was based on misrepresentation. A very material one.

Giving him advice about fake divorce/death certificate is everything this thread is not about.
Peace
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
Associate professor fredoricko! I'm watching you in 5D sef
LadyGuinivere my friend I can see you are keeping the good work going
Shinejackie why you no kuku leave am for Jackie shine sef grin
I haven't been able to contribute anything because I don't even have the patience to read through the backlog again, I don't understand my head and body again
It is well my people
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lewisropo(m): 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
thank you every body for your good contribution,pls what shld i do now? shld i get divorce paper or i shld or i shld forget it as i am confused now,i called d agent but his excuse was he taught i have married when he saw people calling me daddy blablabla.fredrikoko thank you so much.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Prof! Why u de yarn like this na this lovely tuesday night? For starters, it wasn't a mistake cos he went along with the form. Whether he was asked or not his marital status at the interview is irrelevant. He electronically signed the DS 160 and I'm almost certain he stated he filled his form by himself. The whole application as a whole was based on misrepresentation. A very material one.

Giving him advice about fake divorce/death certificate is everything this thread is not about.
Peace

LadyG, he said an agent did the stuff for him and he only went thru the printed application form after he got his visa.

As he cannot contact the embassy now for fear of revocation of his visa I beg the room to overlook his mistakes and help him.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
chloe7:
I haven't been able to contribute anything because I don't even have the patience to read through the backlog again, I don't understand my head and body again
It is well my people

Chai, chloe so u don demote me to associate prof.??
Ewó
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Peace
not only a material misrepresentation, a fraudulent misrepresentation, because any factor that induces a contract that isn't a pure one is a fraudulent misrepresentation which the person who has misrepresented is liable to and even punishable to, in cases of misrepresentation the contract is usually revoked once the misrepresentation is a material one., in order words the visa will be revoked/ cancelled once there's a misrepresentation
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
fredoricko:

Chai, chloe so u don demote me to associate prof.??
Ewó
I don demote you o ;d , you go resubmit another research and thesis so we can promote you again

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
chloe7:
not only a material misrepresentation, a fraudulent misrepresentation, because any factor that induces a contract that isn't a pure one is a fraudulent misrepresentation which the person who has misrepresented is liable to and even punishable to, in cases of misrepresentation the contract is usually revoked once the misrepresentation is a material one., in order words the visa will be revoked/ cancelled once there's a misrepresentation

Pls oooo, have mercy on him. I asked, and he said he wsnt asked his marital status at the point of interview, we can still assume he didn't knw of the misrepresentation/falsity of information.

Is there anyfin he still cn do if he wanna marry in the US?
chloe
LadyG
100dollarbills
jackie
?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
fredoricko:

LadyG, he said an agent did the stuff for him and he only went thru the printed application form after he got his visa.

As he cannot contact the embassy now for fear of revocation of his visa I beg the room to overlook his mistakes and help him.
after printing the application and electronic signing he can't deny that he didn't go through that form before going interview hall Ahan wetin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
chloe7:
I don demote you o ;d , you go resubmit another research and thesis so we can promote you again

ewó
egbámí o

where do I start frm??
I guess it's now #Dr. FredoRicko yea??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
chloe7:
It is well my people

Hahaha..... grin grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
Guy abeg I don try for u jooor. beg em ursef. because of u, I don lose my degree.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
fredoricko:

Pls oooo, have mercy on him. I asked, and he said he wsnt asked his marital status at the point of interview, we can still assume he didn't knw of the misrepresentation/falsity of information.

chloe
LadyG
100dollarbills
jackie
?
in law there is something called the plea of non est factum, looking at his situation that plea of non est factum cannot be granted in his case, because that document wasn't mistakenly signed, i'm sorry but only God's favour can make them wave such misrepresentation
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
fredoricko:
Guy abeg I don try for u jooor. beg em ursef. because of u, I don lose my degree.
lmao cheesy cheesy grin
fredoricko:

chloe
LadyG
100dollarbills
jackie
?

l will almost type an epistle here if l want to share what happened to few friends and family members who where caught in the same marriage quagmire in the US but that will be story for another day.......@OP,you will need to have a divorced certificate from the court to show you have separated from your ex-wife in naija before u can legally marry your US iyawo, if not u are on a long thing.... sad
fredoricko:

ewó
egbámí o

where do I start frm??
I guess it's now #Dr. FredoRicko yea??
na DR now o, no be prof again tongue
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2015
[quote author=chloe7 post=31968128]in law there is something called the plea of non est factum, looking at his situation that plea of non est factum cannot be granted in his case, because that document wasn't mistakenly signed, i'm sorry but only God's favour can make them wave such

The barrister has spoken.
Case closed!!!

#Dr. FredoRicko

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
Chloe nwa! Gbam! U did not waste your papa money in school! cheesy

Prof Fredricko u de on probation o! Chloe haff talk am...5D glasses de look you. How can you believe he only looked at the application AFTER the interview? Generally one is guilty until proven otherwise but no be for US visa matter.

@Mr Shine , I see a promotion coming your way. Maybe chieftaincy title cheesy
You are doing a fab job
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
shinejackie:

l will almost type an epistle here if l want to share what happened to few associates/friends and family members who where caught in the same marriage quagmire in the US but that will be story for another day.......@OP,you will need to have a divorced certificate from the court to show you have separated from your ex-wife in naija before u can legally marry your US iyawo, if not u are on a long thing.... sad
and at least we bless the name of the Lord that in Nigeria everything is possible, so go to the customary court to obtain one, not a higher court, so as not to complicate issues for yourself, so just claim you were customarily married and not civil
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 24, 2015
chloe7:
and at least we bless the name of the Lord that in Nigeria everything is possible, so go to the customary court to obtain one, not a higher court, so as not to complicate issues for yourself, so just claim you were customarily married and not civil

Solution finally rolling out.
E smiles

#Dr.FredoRicko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Prof Fredricko u de on probation o! Chloe haff talk am...5D glasses de look you. How can you believe he only looked at the application AFTER the interview? Generally one is guilty until proven otherwise but no be for US visa matter.

You are doing a fab job

Hahahaha grin grin, l am loyal madam tongue
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

You are doing a fab job

True, if l talk naw, una go say l am hard, the guy must have read the form before he signed and submitted, even if he didn't read the form, the fact that he signed it, in the eyes of the law, he is liable to what he signed...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifax(f): 10:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
fredoricko:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
shinejackie:

True, if l talk naw, una go say l am hard, the guy must have read the form before he signed and submitted, even if he didn't read the form, the fact that he signed it, in the eyes of the law, he is liable to what he signed...
it is not every form you sign you are liable to
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 24, 2015
chloe7:
it is not every form you sign you are liable to

l understand but for US visa it is a different ball game wink
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
shinejackie:

l understand but for US visa it is otherwise....
it is different in their case because that electronic signing part where they ask if you filled the form yourself or someone filled for you and you enter your passport number and surname abi na wetin ( I don forget), at that point you are liable for whatever you must have signed, even if you sign a document and you say you didn't intend to, you must be able to prove that, that particular document wasn't what you intended to sign and in their case it doesn't apply because of the way that document was drafted
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
chloe7:
it is different in their case because that electronic signing part where they ask[b] if you filled the form yourself or someone filled for you and you enter your passport number and surname abi na wetin ( I don forget), at that point you are liable for whatever you must have signed[/b], even if you sign a document and you say you didn't intend to, you must be able to prove that, that particular document wasn't what you intended to sign and in their case it doesn't apply because of the way that document was drafted

Correct!! cool

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
Guru in the house, thanks a bunch for helping eachother and contributions towards eachother success. Here is a question to ask, when is it proper for someone denied under section 214(b) to reapply, while the last paragraph in the letter given read thus "Today's decision cannot be appeal. However, you can reapply at any time, if you decide to reapply, you must submit a new application form and photo, pay a new application fee again and make a new appointment to be interviewed by a consular officer. if you choose to reapply, you should be prepared to provide information that was not presented in your original application, or to demonstrate that your circumstances have changed since that application."

Does that means applicant can reapply immediately or give it a break?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 100dollarbills(m): 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
chincomiowon:
Guru in the house, thanks a bunch for helping eachother and contributions towards eachother success. Here is a question to ask, when is it proper for someone denied under section 214(b) to reapply, while the last paragraph in the letter given read thus "Today's decision cannot be appeal. However, you can reapply at any time, if you decide to reapply, you must submit a new application form and photo, pay a new application fee again and make a new appointment to be interviewed by a consular officer. if you choose to reapply, you should be prepared to provide information that was not presented in your original application, or to demonstrate that your circumstances have changed since that application."

Does that means applicant can reapply immediately or give it a break?

Usually it's 90days. But u can reapply earlier if ur circumstances have considerably changed based on reason(s) for past denial(s)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
100dollarbills:

Usually it's 90days. But u can reapply earlier if ur circumstances have considerably changed based on reason(s) for past denial(s)

Thanks million dollar, the reason(s) was/were not stated except the section 214(b) that was given as an excuse which indicated lack of strong ties. Could it be the form was not properly filled initially, or not using a self sponsor, or I didn't express myself very well (which I did), OMG! am in a confuse state right now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.