Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061696 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
spykid014:

OMG!!! You just killed me with the bolded cheesy grin. You are undoubtedly Ibo! LoL.

I have been a silent follower, couldn't help but comment. cheesy

Ùdo diri ùnu nilè!

Mesiere o! Spy kwa?! Ohhhhh shocked shocked Mbok no vex o report me to your ogas grin
I am a full Nigerian. All zhjoin! But you know na...
Udo diri kwara gi!
Mr Shine. What do our elders say? The stubborn fly will follow the dead body to the grave. I don rest my matter o!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Mesiere o! Spy kwa?! Ohhhhh shocked shocked Mbok no vex o report me to your ogas grin
Udo diri kwara gi!
Mr Shine. What do our elders say? The stubborn fly will follow the dead body to the grave. I don rest my matter o!

Na so my dear, we don talk taya, me sef l know advise am again, if he like make him dash the agent the money, na him sabi........all this agent wey like to talk with sweet mouth until they gather wuruwuru documents, package the person and once the info enter US embassy , it becomes the applicants gbege, they will still come here and lament that US are strict bla, bla, bla......u dont need an agent to apply for visa...........go online, fill your form, go with what you have , answer there questions............is either they give you or deny you.............it is better than to dent your record and get banned............kapish angry
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Wife and kids together

@Fredricko I applied when I was like 1 year on the job, was a banker then. Unmarried.zero travel experience. Abuja. Said I wanted to accompany my mum who was going for a conference. Abuja. Turning point question was 'Why haven't you travelled before with your mom?' To which I replied that I couldn't afford it then.Was bounced without much ado in less than 1 minute. I vex die. Write them letter of protest.
Applied to UK-bounced. My fault. I paid in one weird sum of money just befoe
Applied to canada- worse bouncing. Said my salary and work experience wasn't enoff to keep me from running away.
Tried UK again- bounced
Chaie!
I vex go ghana. Then reapplied to UK. Got it. Went. Came back. Got married. Renewed with hubby.
Went back to US. Lagos this time.Wore a simple knee lenght black gown to show I wasn't pregnant. The turning point question was y aren't you travelling with hubby. I said cos we just came back from the UK and he can't take time off work now. The VO's body language changed after that. He said ohhhh u have travelled before. I said Yes, a coupla times. He asked if I was pregnant 2ice to which I said no. I was nonchalant about the whole thing whilst looking him in the eyes. He said pick up your visa in 2 days. I said thanks and left.
The beauty of all the rejections was that I perfected the art ofkudos writing explanatory letters to the UK. Lol

wow, inspiring if am to say! kudos ladyGuinivere
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:15am On Apr 02, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Udo diri kwara gi!

LadyG: Please help me in this: I have been trying to fill when I'll finish my study I mean the date from and to, this is the message am receiving"

Please correct all areas in error as indicated below. Once you have finished, click ‘Save’ or ‘Next’ to continue completing your online application form.
Date of Attendance To cannot be equal to or later than today.
Please what to do
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:18am On Apr 02, 2015
superfavour:

wow, inspiring if am to say! kudos ladyGuinivere
Please do say kiss cheesy
Thank U!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:25am On Apr 02, 2015
allen0000:

LadyG: Please help me in this: I have been trying to fill when I'll finish my study I mean the date from and to, this is the message am receiving"

Please correct all areas in error as indicated below. Once you have finished, click ‘Save’ or ‘Next’ to continue completing your online application form.
Date of Attendance To cannot be equal to or later than today.
Please what to do
Look at the 'To' date
Change the date to a date less than the date you are filling the form and see what happens. I have never seen this issue mentioned here. If nobody else has a better solution, call the US help desk/Customer line and ask them. Fear not to call them or email them
Tell us if u have solved the issue?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 02, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Look at the 'To' date
Change the date to a date less than the date you are filling the form and see what happens. I have never seen this issue mentioned here. If nobody else has a better solution, call the US help desk/Customer line and ask them. Fear not to call them or email them
Tell us if u have solved the issue?

I have change less than the date I filled the form and accepted. thanks but will still call the US help desk
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 7:26am On Apr 02, 2015
allen0000:

I have change less than the date I filled the form and accepted. thanks but will still call the US help desk

Play around with e.g 1/2/0000 or 1-2-0000 system, also read the instruction closely to see if the month comes before the day....like 04/02/15 rather than 02/04/15

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Emblem(m): 8:37am On Apr 02, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I have a friend whose interview is coming up April 29th in Lagos. Please he will like to if the interview location can be changed from Lagos to Abuja.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 02, 2015
justwise:

Play around with e.g 1/2/0000 or 1-2-0000 system, also read the instruction closely to see if the month comes before the day....like 04/02/15 rather than 02/04/15

I will finish my study program 14th December 2015 and I enrolled on 17th Nov 2014 , Since filling 14th December 2015 won't be accepted so I changed to March 31 2014 and hope it wont affect but am trying to call the US help desk.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 02, 2015
Minor errors encountered during filling of forms can be explained better when u are been interviewed by the VO....it wont affect ur chances of success or failure, the koko of the matter is to be truthful and honest in what you fill and when u appear for ur interview....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2015
shinejackie:
Minor errors encountered during filling of forms can be explained better when u are been interviewed by the VO....it wont affect ur chances of success or failure, the koko of the matter is to be truthful and honest in what you fill and when u appear for ur interview....

Thank you shinejackie and sorry for disturbing, I have another question, which where and how do I upload my photos as I have finish filling the form and about to sign and submit, but did not see any space on where to attached my passport...........please help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2015
allen0000:

Thank you shinejackie and sorry for disturbing, I have another question, which where and how do I upload my photos as I have finish filling the form and about to sign and submit, but did not see any space on where to attached my passport...........please help

You don't need to upload any photos. Simply attach the passport photo with a paper clip to the print out.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 2:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hi Guru's in the house, I really need your assistance on how to fill my US visa application. Actually I have been denied in Feb this year @ US embassy in Lagos. An agent helped me with the application, I knows all the info he used for me and I also have my DS160 print out with me. I want to reapply in October, but i needs your assistance on how to fill the application on their website. All I want now is the steps to complete the form. Which will come first? Appointment booking, DS160 or Visa fees.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by funjy: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
hi, just joined the forum. Pls whats my chances of getting a b1/b2 visa , don't av travel experience, married with a kid, working, got 2 landed properties, writing my professional exams.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by olafey: 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
Since I gained so much from others' transcripts, here's mine.

VO. GM
Me. Gm
Vo. U are so so so
Me. Yes
Vo. Are u married
Me no
Vo. Where are u going to?
Me. Baltimore MD
Vo. Y?
Me. VacatioN
Vo. Have u ever travelled out of d country
Me. No
Vo. What do U do
Me. I teach
Vo. What do u teach
Me so so so
Vo. How long ve u been teaching
Me. Professionally 4yrs
Vo. How much do u earn
Me. 67448
Vo. Who's paying for dis trip
Me. Myself
Vo. How much will it cost u
Me. 1.2M
Vo. How did u save so much
Me. I do private lessons and I ve a little biz on the side
Vo. Where will u be staying
Me. With my aunt
Vo. How long
Me. 12days
Vo. When did ur aunt move to US
Me. Permanently 2001
Vo. Your visa has bn approved, pls collect at so so so.
Me. Thank u

No document was checked
I picked my visa today.
Thank u all so much.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by stevemims(m): 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
olafey:

VO. GM
Me. Gm
Vo. U are so so so
Me. Yes
Vo. Are u married
Me no
Me. Baltimore MD
Vo. Y?
Me. VacatioN
Me. No
Vo. What do U do
Me. I teach
Vo. What do u teach
Me so so so
Me. Professionally 4yrs
Vo. How much do u earn
Me. 67448
Me. Myself
Me. 1.2M
Me. With my aunt
Vo. How long
Me. 12days
Me. Permanently 2001
Me. Thank u

No document was checked
I picked my visa today.
Thank u all so much.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by stevemims(m): 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
olafey:

VO. GM
Me. Gm
Vo. U are so so so
Me. Yes
Vo. Are u married
Me no
Me. Baltimore MD
Vo. Y?
Me. VacatioN
Me. No
Vo. What do U do
Me. I teach
Vo. What do u teach
Me so so so
Me. Professionally 4yrs
Vo. How much do u earn
Me. 67448
Me. Myself
Me. 1.2M
Me. With my aunt
Vo. How long
Me. 12days
Me. Permanently 2001
Me. Thank u

No document was checked
I picked my visa today.
Thank u all so much.
i love dis,i tap into this grace. Do have a lovely trip.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 12:08am On Apr 03, 2015
im confused.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 12:12am On Apr 03, 2015
olafey:

VO. GM
Me. Gm
Vo. U are so so so
Me. Yes
Vo. Are u married
Me no
Me. Baltimore MD
Vo. Y?
Me. VacatioN
Me. No
Vo. What do U do
Me. I teach
Vo. What do u teach
Me so so so
Me. Professionally 4yrs
Vo. How much do u earn
Me. 67448
Me. Myself
Me. 1.2M
Me. With my aunt
Vo. How long
Me. 12days
Me. Permanently 2001
Me. Thank u

No document was checked
I picked my visa today.
Thank u all so much.

am happy for you oooooooo...congrats ooo
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kcheerful(f): 3:12am On Apr 03, 2015
This atlanta poe na die. Pls as much as lie with ur strength try avoiding the place except it's ur only option.
The kind of questions dy ask pass embassy own and na dem dey do dapada to Naija pass for US poe.
Odikwa serious.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:44am On Apr 03, 2015
kcheerful:
This atlanta poe na die. Pls as much as lie with ur strength try avoiding the place except it's ur only option.
The kind of questions dy ask pass embassy own and na dem dey do dapada to Naija pass for US poe.
Odikwa serious.
What was ur experience?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kcheerful(f): 8:30am On Apr 03, 2015
I've heard so much about them. In fact I have a friend that was sent back cos he didn't have cash on him and he didn't have a connecting flight ticket to his final destination which he explained he had enough money on his card and he couldn't book local flights from Naija and intended booking in US.
A friend that went to have her baby, they took her to a room, physically counted the cash she claimed she had, all sorts of questions and interviews, delayed her, etc before finally allowing her.
Infact I won't want to bore you with more.
Came in thru atlanta too yesterday, even though it was my 3rd time in US and I was with my 3 kids. The man didn't even act like he noticed I've been to US before.
See questioning and interview, pass the one dy asked me at embassy.
Why are u coming to US
How long are u staying
Where would u be staying.
What do u do
How many pupils do u have? (cos I said I own a school)
What's the school structure
What classes do u have?
Who is the director?
So who will run the school while u're here (cos I said I run the school myself)
How much cash do u have on you? (I told him 1,900 dollars.)
For you and 3kids! In New york! New york is a very expensive state. That won't go far.
I told him I had more money on my master card that what he asked was physical cash.
He looked at the kids and was...
What of their dad?
Why isn't he on this trip?
Etc. Etc. Etc.
I was like..... kilode!!!

All the while he had a straight look.
After he finally started to stamp our passport he now started gisting, laughing and playing with the kids.

And I hear other boarders are not like that.
Infact people who live in US sabi atlanta boarder.

Not the best especially for 1st timers. Na first timers dem dy do serious dapada for.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by harleybee(f): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2015
Good morning house! I'm confused o. Long story but will make it brief.
Please I need a help/ clarification. I paid and booked an appointment before filling the DS 160 form. In fact I'm just starting to fill the form.I noticed there was another ID number different from the one I used when booking an appointment. It was after this I realized I should have filled the form first but it was the link I clicked on form application that took me to the appointment booking page first. Please how will this affect my continuation with the ds form,is there any other remedy or can I continue with the form application filling, or do I call the customer care line to explain?
Thanks!
Please I need an urgent answer.
The gurus!
LadyGuinivere, Chloe07, MrShine/shinejackie and co.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bugativeron: 9:33am On Apr 03, 2015
Dear Visa team,

I will be appearing next week with my wife at the embassy. we are actually going to Las vegas for out 10th year wedding anniversary. However, I found out that the hotel we indicated in our form that we will be staying insisted that we pay ahead for the booking and I just cant do that, what if we are not granted visa.

What do i do, do I book another hotel even if it wasn't the one i filled in the form.

Regards
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kcheerful(f): 10:01am On Apr 03, 2015
harleybee:
Good morning house! I'm confused o. Long story but will make it brief.
Please I need a help/ clarification. I paid and booked an appointment before filling the DS 160 form. In fact I'm just starting to fill the form.I noticed there was another ID number different from the one I used when booking an appointment. It was after this I realized I should have filled the form first but it was the link I clicked on form application that took me to the appointment booking page first. Please how will this affect my continuation with the ds form,is there any other remedy or can I continue with the form application filling, or do I call the customer care line to explain?
Thanks!
Please I need an urgent answer.
The gurus!
LadyGuinivere, Chloe07, MrShine/shinejackie and co.

Whao! That's a tough one O!
You will first cancel your booking.
After cancelling it, you'll go and fill your DS160 form.
You'll then rebook another interview date and while rebooking, you'll change your ID number before submitting.
Or else u'll need to pay another money cos dy won't permit u with 2 different IDs.

All the best
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 100dollarbills(m): 10:04am On Apr 03, 2015
bugativeron:
Dear Visa team,

I will be appearing next week with my wife at the embassy. we are actually going to Las vegas for out 10th year wedding anniversary. However, I found out that the hotel we indicated in our form that we will be staying insisted that we pay ahead for the booking and I just cant do that, what if we are not granted visa.

What do i do, do I book another hotel even if it wasn't the one i filled in the form.

Regards

Yes u can. It doesnt affect ur chance in anyway and if asked, u can always explain urself

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by kcheerful(f): 10:08am On Apr 03, 2015
bugativeron:
Dear Visa team,

Regards

Next time you book through booking.com. Its free booking and cancellation for most rooms.
They most likely won't ask for ur hotel booking but if ur mind tells u to hold it along. Go and book thru booking.com.
Check for that same hotel on booking.com You might be lucky to find it.
But if you don't book another one.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 100dollarbills(m): 10:15am On Apr 03, 2015
Chaiii..i don miss dis house tire grin

General LadyG will never cease to crack me up with her responses
ShineJackie! My man how far?
Prof Fredoricko and Chloe7 wey una dey? So tey oga Justwise ensef komot when en see person wey wan dash us N500k grin (Bros na joke i dey o! Nor ban me o)

Keep it up guys....1

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by harleybee(f): 10:15am On Apr 03, 2015
kcheerful:

Whao! That's a tough one O!
You will first cancel your booking.
After cancelling it, you'll go and fill your DS160 form.
You'll then rebook another interview date and while rebooking, you'll change your ID number before submitting.
Or else u'll need to pay another money cos dy won't permit u with 2 different IDs.

All the best

Thank you kcheerful.
I tried cancelling the appointment, but it was stated that if I cancel the appointment then I have exceeded the limit and will have to pay a new fee for a new appointment. This is my first cancellation.
As it is now, its just the DS 160 confirmation number i need to change on the appointment booking page as every other information is in line with the application form. Do you think calling the CC line will help if i explain to them?
Confused much sad
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 10:18am On Apr 03, 2015
just trolling forgive me if you read what I just posted
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kcheerful(f): 10:19am On Apr 03, 2015
[quote author=harleybee post=32300179]

Thank you kcheerful.
I tried cancelling the appointment, but it was stated that if I cancel the appointment then I have exceeded the limit and will have to pay a new fee for a new appointment. This is my first cancellation.
Confused much sad
[/quote

But how did you get the ID you used for submitting the appointment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.