Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060277 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
hometutors:
pls need help here. my father friend in USA want to send me invitation by June to come over. but currently am during my NYSC and I will be through by first week of October 2015. so I want to advice him to send me the invitation letter earlier by June but inviting me by October do I can come immediately after my youth service. but the real questions now is(1) as a youth Corper member will my bank statement containing my allowee details be enough to present to the embassy when applying (2) Do I need to present a leave letter from my employee (NYSC) though which may be hard to get since He is only inviting me after my service? pls need clarification from the expert. thanks
what is your purpose for this trip to America
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Seamareggae(m): 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Pls how much is USA visa and appointment fee?

Thanks and God bless you all
Re: Usa Visit Visa by IdrisAdebiye: 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
Seamareggae:
Pls how much is USA visa and appointment fee?

Thanks and God bless you all

N31,200.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Seamareggae(m): 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
IdrisAdebiye:

N31,200.
Pls is there any extra charge to book for an appointment....

Thanks for the help...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Namek2 Yes, all of you will be interviewed together but decision on each person will be done individually.
People with virgin passports have gotten visa. Its for you to convince the VO.

Hometutor. You will be passing out in october you said? Wetin come concern NYSC with giving you paper at that time?
If you do not have any income/savings/unmarried/job your chances are low. Not zero but low.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
The VO's view home ties with all seriousness, lack of job, unmarried, no kids, no house or landed asset or if there is nothing strong to bring you back to your home country is viewed from the eye of a VO to imply that the applicant might likely stay and not return back home.... wink

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by IdrisAdebiye: 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Seamareggae:

Pls is there any extra charge to book for an appointment....

Thanks for the help...

None. Just the visa fee of N31,200. All the best
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Seamareggae(m): 7:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
IdrisAdebiye:

None. Just the visa fee of N31,200. All the best
Thanks man... Am grateful
Re: Usa Visit Visa by trendyindian: 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
Good Afternoon,

Kindly help me with my little issue. I applied for the US visa in March but I was denied based on the fact that I wasn't traveling with my kids
and husband and I haven't changed my maiden name to my husbands name. right now, I want to apply with my husband and two boys in June for Christmas holiday, please do I need to change my fathers name to my husbands name. and what are the chances that my visa will be approved this time. I noticed they gave apparently all those that came with their family members. another issue is that this is our first time of travelling outside the country. Kindly enlighten me more cos it will be very painful to spend such an amount and get the denial again.

God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by JKWilliams: 8:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
trendyindian:
Good Afternoon,

Kindly help me with my little issue. I applied for the US visa in March but I was denied based on the fact that I wasn't traveling with my kids
and husband and I haven't changed my maiden name to my husbands name. right now, I want to apply with my husband and two boys in June for Christmas holiday, please do I need to change my fathers name to my husbands name. and what are the chances that my visa will be approved this time. I noticed they gave apparently all those that came with their family members. another issue is that this is our first time of travelling outside the country. Kindly enlighten me more cos it will be very painful to spend such an amount and get the denial again.

God bless you

Christmas in June or do you mean vacation? - I will suggest you choose a reason that is genuine and convincing.

I do not think you need to change to your husband's name, what you should do:

1. Apply together, you and your husband and the two boys.
2. Provide all requested document and don't forget to include evidence of marriage (certificate or any relevant marriage document) with your application.
3. If possible both you and your husband should include convincing reason why you both decided that changing to your husband's family name is not necessary.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by damico: 8:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
I will like to know for a family of 3 going to USA embassy for an interview with the statement of account like how much person fit carry go there
Re: Usa Visit Visa by namek2: 11:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
thank you very much@ ladyG i want every one going to interview to pray fast n read psalm 125 vs 1 for seven days: those who put thier trust in God are like mount zion that cannot be shaken or move,,with God i wil appear here on 23rd to share my testimony n Get ready to share yours too.there is nothing Jesus cannot do,

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 11:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
namek2:
thank you very much@ ladyG i want every one going to interview to pray fast n read psalm 125 vs 1 for seven days: those who put thier trust in God are like mount zion that cannot be shaken or move,,with God i wil appear here on 23rd to share my testimony n Get ready to share yours too.there is nothing Jesus cannot do,

God's best namek2
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifyjip(f): 1:31am On Apr 09, 2015
pls Lady G are u awake? i cant sleep hv a question to ask
Re: Usa Visit Visa by trendyindian: 1:42am On Apr 09, 2015
Thank you so much I really appreciate it
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 8:57am On Apr 09, 2015
shinejackie:
The VO's view home ties with all seriousness, lack of job, unmarried, no kids, no house or landed asset or if there is nothing strong to bring you back to your home country is viewed from the eye of a VO to imply that the applicant might likely stay and not return back home.... wink

GBAM!!!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 9:02am On Apr 09, 2015
I got an email from someone on this thread and the young man is so keen to travel to the US to go and 'hustle'

He has only 300k saved but was bent on travelling. He isn't working and dropped out of school. I was upfront to say that he would be denied a visa if he applied now. In his own words he just wanted to try his luck.

There's no point trying your luck when the criteria for visas are clear. I did my best to advise him on how to build up his travel history and prove ties to Nigeria legally over the next few years till he has all he needs.

I cautioned him against forging documents and using agents who only want his money. I hope he takes my advice as he seemed to be a nice young man.

Just thought I should share this.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:06am On Apr 09, 2015
trendyindian:
Good Afternoon,

God bless you
JK Williams whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. Its better to take time and get your visa than do a shoddy job.
You mentioned 3 issues
1. Your passport in your maiden name- Not an issue whatsoever. My passport is still in my maiden name and likewise for many other applicants here.Most probably the VO was not just satisfied you were married.
2. Lack of travel history-this will take more time and money but worth it. All of you should take a road trip to ghana. So you can have that as a plus.
3. Christmaas vacation and you de go june? And so soon after the denial? Use the extra time and do as advised in No. 2
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 9:09am On Apr 09, 2015
trendyindian:
Good Afternoon,

God bless you

My counsel would be for you all to take a trip together as a family first before reapplying. I'm not saying that is a criteria but it sure does help your reapplication if you have travelled as a family previously.

There are several inexpensive destinations such as Accra or Nairobi and with the Democracy Day holidays coming soon you can make a quick weekend trip there and get that history under your belt.

You do not need to change your maiden name if you don't want to. All you need to show is proof of your marriage to your husband. The visa will be issued in your maiden name. When you do change your name on your passport you will need to travel with both passports and a copy of your marriage certificate.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 9:14am On Apr 09, 2015
thegreengooner:

My counsel would be for you all to take a trip together as a family first before reapplying. I'm not saying that is a criteria but it sure does help your reapplication if you have travelled as a family previously.

There are several inexpensive destinations such as Accra or Nairobi and with the Democracy Day holidays coming soon you can make a quick weekend trip there and get that history under your belt.

You do not need to change your maiden name if you don't want to. All you need to show is proof of your marriage to your husband. The visa will be issued in your maiden name. When you do change your name on your passport you will need to travel with both passports and a copy of your marriage certificate.

Countries like that count very little when it comes to travel history...if you want to proof that you have travel history to embassies like US, UK or Canada then travel to S.A, Australia, France or Germany..etc
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 9:20am On Apr 09, 2015
justwise:

Countries like that count very little when it comes to travel history...if you want to proof that you have travel history to embassies like US, UK or Canada then travel to S.A, Australia, France or Germany..etc

With all due respect I was speaking as regards proof of travelling as a family not proof of travel history in the broadest sense. Do note my first paragraph.

However, I do agree that countries like that might count little in the weighting if you speak of the significance of the travel destination.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 09, 2015
justwise:

I think I concur with justwise, countries like that even for family trips hold little or no water, they usually prefer Asian or preferably European countries
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 9:31am On Apr 09, 2015
chloe7:
I think I concur with justwise, countries like that even for family trips hold little or no water, they usually prefer Asian or preferably European countries

Not wanting to get into a debate but I wasn't recommending destinations.

My point was about family travel. I was only using the inexpensive destinations as a form of clarification.

To rank relative weight I would say ECOWAS zone < UAE < SA < EU Zone < UK/CANADA < AUSTRALIA

Happy now? smiley

Feel free to disagree.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 9:42am On Apr 09, 2015
thegreengooner:

With all due respect I was speaking as regards proof of travelling as a family not proof of travel history in the broadest sense. Do note my first paragraph.

However, I do agree that countries like that might count little in the weighting if you speak of the significance of the travel destination.

What difference will traveling as a family to Ghana or Kenya make to visa application to US or the UK?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 09, 2015
thegreengooner:

GBAM!!!

smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 11:31am On Apr 09, 2015
justwise:

What difference will traveling as a family to Ghana or Kenya make to visa application to US or the UK?

It shows a collective effort.

Travelling together as a family is different from every member of the family having previous travel history.

At my last visa interview my wife who was applying for the first time was first asked where she had travelled previously before being asked if we had travelled together. Those are two different questions.

Funny scenario, husband has been to a, b and c. Wife has been to c, d and e. The decide to emigrate to the US under the guise of a vacation. You want to go all the way to america together but have never been anywhere together. Why is that? ehm ehm.

Do we really want to do this? I can go all day at this grin

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:36am On Apr 09, 2015
My 2 kobo is this. The difference it will make is that it will establish that this is indeed a family. A family with a history of love of travel. Yes. It is a 'low weight country' but albeit family travel all the same.
Remember however that virgin passports do get US visa . BUT the point here is this family travels together. To that extent I agree with thegreengooner.
That is my most humble submission. As the house pleases, I take my seat to sip nutri c cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 11:55am On Apr 09, 2015
Please where can I buy Nutri C. I need some also

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 11:57am On Apr 09, 2015
thegreengooner:

It shows a collective effort.

Travelling together as a family is different from every member of the family having previous travel history.

At my last visa interview my wife who was applying for the first time was first asked where she had travelled previously before being asked if we had travelled together. Those are two different questions.

Funny scenario, husband has been to a, b and c. Wife has been to c, d and e. The decide to emigrate to the US under the guise of a vacation. You want to go all the way to america together but have never been anywhere together. Why is that? ehm ehm.

Do we really want to do this? I can go all day at this grin

If you like travel with the whole of village to Ghana or Kenya that count very little because those two countries are almost visa free to Nigerians(Kenya) and will cost you very little to get them. Traveling with your family to countries with stronger visa polices and will cost you quite a lot in terms of flight, accommodation etc will count considerably high. If you are traveling to say..Kenya they don't ask you about your travel history, tie to Nigeria, how much you earn..etc, the same with Ghana. So having their POE stamps in your passport is waste of time and money.

Traveling together with your family to countries like UK,US,Canada.... matters and counts a lot more.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
@Justwise

Please lets just agree to disagree and move on. There are no hard and fast rules. But for you to say it counts for little is not being objective.

You seem to be missing the point I am making and I suggest you read through again.

I appreciate the fact that you are speaking from knowledge you have obtained over a number of years but you live abroad and most likely will not need to visit the embassy or application center as I assume you have a foreign passport.

I speak based on my travel experience, mistakes of others and evidence seen as a result of guidance to prospective applicants over a number of years.

No offence but may I ask if you have attended an interview at the US embassy previously and how many times?

We might see the transcripts here on Nairaland but what is not reflected is their body language, the tone of the interviewer and the context of the conversation. I base my points on this.

I never said anything about getting stamps in a passport. My point has and still is about showing evidence of travel as a family irrespective of destination. The burden of proof for solo applicants is often different from that of a family. I have been on both sides and have experienced this first hand.

Most of your expertise to which I humbly defer to is with the UK process. Your points do make sense but will only carry more weight had this discourse been on the UK Visa thread.

Your thoughts?

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
My 2 kobo is this. The difference it will make is that it will establish that this is indeed a family. A family with a history of love of travel. Yes. It is a 'low weight country' but albeit family travel all the same.
Remember however that virgin passports do get US visa . BUT the point here is this family travels together. To that extent I agree with thegreengooner.
That is my most humble submission. As the house pleases, I take my seat to sip nutri c cheesy

True @ ''low weight country but albeit family travel''.

@2nd bold, add suya and pepsi to the nutri c. wink

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
thegreengooner:
@Justwise

Please lets just agree to disagree and move on. There are no hard and fast rules. But for you to say it counts for little is not being objective.

You seem to be missing the point I am making and I suggest you read through again.

I appreciate the fact that you are speaking from knowledge you have obtained over a number of years but you live abroad and most likely will not need to visit the embassy or application center as I assume you have a foreign passport.

I speak based on my travel experience, mistakes of others and evidence seen as a result of guidance to prospective applicants over a number of years.

No offence but may I ask if you have attended an interview at the US embassy previously and how many times?

We might see the transcripts here on Nairaland but what is not reflected is their body language, the tone of the interviewer and the context of the conversation. I base my points on this.

I never said anything about getting stamps in a passport. My point has and still is about showing evidence of travel as a family irrespective of destination. The burden of proof for solo applicants is often different from that of a family. I have been on both sides and have experienced this first hand.

Most of your expertise to which I humbly defer to is with the UK process. Your points do make sense but will only carry more weight had this discourse been on the UK Visa thread.

Your thoughts?

Yes i have applied for US visa before and attended an interview in the past

Without stamp on your passport how else can you proof that you have been to a particular country?

Travel history issue is the same across embassies whether the UK or US.

If you are a family and wants to build travel history that counts then don't bother wasting your money and time going to Ghana, Kenya or other African countries that are visa free to Nigerians or cost very little to travel to, they will not help your immigration profile especially if you want to apply for visa to EU/Western countries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.