Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060234 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
justwise:

If you are a family and wants to build travel history that counts then don't bother wasting your money and time going to Ghana, Kenya or other African countries that are visa free to Nigeria or cost very little to travel to, they will not help your immigration profile especially if you want to apply for visa to EU/Western countries.
thegreengooner:
My point has and still is about showing evidence of travel as a family irrespective of destination
l agree with the 2statement above but sometimes we cannot read the minds of the VO's while some might consider travel to Ghana,Kenya etc as travel history for a family other VO's might not, several factors does come to play when a VO finally decides to grant visa to a family,in addition, they will look at different angle of the applicants overall profile to make their final decision.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifyjip(f): 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
hello hus am new here but i must say u guys are doing so well... ok i want to bring my own challenges to ur known my cousin sister is inviting me to US for her wedding wch will hold on 27 of june dis yr. pls how much do i need to hv in my acc. i hv never traveled b4 dis is my 1st and do u think am late already to apply for a visa since d wedding is june?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
ifyjip:
hello hus am new here but i must say u guys are doing so well... ok i want to bring my own challenges to ur known my cousin sister is inviting me to US for her wedding wch will hold on 27 of june dis yr. pls how much do i need to hv in my acc. i hv never traveled b4 dis is my 1st and do u think am late already to apply for a visa since d wedding is june?
Money in your account is importent.
But they will be looking more at your strong ties to return home.
Family, children,managed landed property and leave letter from employer.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifyjip(f): 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
Money in your account is importent.
But they will be looking more at your strong ties to return home.
Family, children,managed landed property and leave letter from employer.[/quote] i am married no kids yet but my hubby stays in Spain he coma lik 3 to 5 mths, i just got a new job but wat abt d nearness of d wedding
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
I do love a spirited argument grin
Keeps the blood flowing to the brain.

@Ifyjip you need enough money to cover every aspect of ur trip-flight, feeding , accomodation (as neccessary) etc
However like my bro don talk, u need to have ties to the country.eg husband, kids, job etc
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
justwise:

Yes i have applied for US visa before and attended an interview in the past
Without stamp on your passport how else can you proof that you have been to a particular country?
Travel history issue is the same across embassies whether the UK or US.
If you are a family and wants to build travel history that counts then don't bother wasting your money and time going to Ghana, Kenya or other African countries that are visa free to Nigerians or cost very little to travel to, they will not help your immigration profile especially if you want to apply for visa to EU/Western countries.

You're still not getting the point.

There are other ways you can prove travel without stamp...illegal immigration, fleeing your country as a refugee in times of war, stowing away on a ship living in hiding for years then obtaining amnesty from the Obama administration ....I joke.

Scenario A
1. Travel history --> Husband has been to South Africa, China and Germany alone before marriage. Wife has been to UK and Dubai since marriage. Children have never travelled out.
2. Travel history as a family ----> Family visited Obudu Resort last December

Scenario B
1. Travel history --> Husband has been to South Africa, China, Dubai and Germany, Wife has been to UK and Dubai, Children have been to Dubai with both parents.
2. Travel history as a family ----> Family visited Dubai in the summer last year and three years ago.

Is this better? Note that I didn't use Ghana or Kenya.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
shinejackie:
l agree with the 2statement above but sometimes we cannot read the minds of the VO's while some might consider travel to Ghana,Kenya etc as travel history for a family other VO's might not, several factors does come to play when a VO finally decides to grant visa to a family,in addition, they will look at different angle of the applicants overall profile to make their final decision.

Your point here is true. I agree with you...more than one factor comes into play.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sesther(m): 2:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
Hello house, I recently had an interview in US embassy for non immigrant visa thats B1/B2 but was denied. I have been to Ghana and republic of Benin in 2013 but got my in'l passport in Nov 2014. I filled that I have been to those places but it didn't reflect in my passport. What do I do if I want apply again? Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
Justwise and Greengooner, ozu go nu biko. It's ok please. We get the message you both are trying to pass across.

Can we move on already?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
sesther:
Hello house, I recently had an interview in US embassy for non immigrant visa thats B1/B2 but was denied. I have been to Ghana and republic of Benin in 2013 but got my in'l passport in Nov 2014. I filled that I have been to those places but it didn't reflect in my passport. What do I do if I want apply again? Thanks

Sorry about your denial.

Send in your interview transcript so you can be advised accordingly. Better luck next time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifyjip(f): 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
@worry and LadyG the thing thr is that am married my hubby stays in spain and comes btw 3-5 mths interval no kids yet but am working tho so lik how much do u think shld be in my acc. is 800 ok? and d wedding is in june is it late to apply?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
This might be difficult to pull through, husband resides in Spain, no kids, any landed property or asset and u are new on ur current job?......assuming ur hubby dey 4naija, it would have been used as a home tie 4u......who knows, anything can happen, d VO might wake up on a wrong side of sleep, overlook ur lapses and grant u d visa but looking at ur profile it might be hard to pull through.......

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
spykid014:
Justwise and Greengooner, ozu go nu biko. It's ok please. We get the message you both are trying to pass across.

Can we move on already?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
thegreengooner:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

bro..its well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
shinejackie:
This might be difficult to pull through, husband resides in Spain, no kids, any landed property or asset and u are new on ur current job?......assuming ur hubby dey 4naija, it would have been used as a home tie 4u......who knows, anything can happen, d VO might wake up on a wrong side of sleep, overlook ur lapses and grant u d visa but looking at ur profile it might be hard to pull through.......
do they even ask for landed property, they rarely ask that question
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
chloe7:
do they even ask for landed property, they rarely ask that question

l never said they ask, but some applicants go with all manner of documents like deed of agreement, C Of O,property evaluation etc to show as home ties, VO's sometimes ask to see documents based on the sequence of questions and response from the applicant.......but they prefer what u say to trailer loads of documents but it is advisable to carry some documents in-case they ask.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
shinejackie:

l never said they ask, but some applicants go with all manner of documents like deed of agreement, C Of O,property evaluation etc to show as home ties.
well I was only saying because I have also carried such documents to the embassy too and I wasn't even asked any question close to that even though such questions are meant to be asked at least to add to the evaluation of home ties
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
It depends, every case and interview is different.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
shinejackie:
It depends, every case and interview is different.....
yes that's right, I have signed out from carrying documents to the us embassy , that's why I love the uk embassy, they want to see every document available that might boost your chance
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
The VO's have seen several ""OLuwole & Dagbo"" documents so they prefer to see you one -on-one, observe all your mannerisms and body language to arrive at a decision although they might be wrong sometimes in there decisions because they are human and are prone to mistakes.. wink
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
Please what is dagbo? undecided
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifyjip(f): 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
why are u ppl lik this to u guys hv been able to ansa my questions and some just anawered aomtin elaw i did nt ask pls som1 ahld read and ansa me plzzzzz am begging no tym again o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
ifyjip:
why are u ppl lik this to u guys hv been able to ansa my questions and some just anawered aomtin elaw i did nt ask pls som1 ahld read and ansa me plzzzzz am begging no tym again o

Try posting in English, not "text-speak" or whatever that is. angry
There is more chance of an answer from an adult then, not a ten yr old child.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
thegreengooner:
Please what is dagbo? undecided

It is a local parlance to describe fake, altered or tampered documents undecided
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifyjip(f): 7:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
@WORRY oh yea so now its abt English ? just tell me u dont kw the answer to my questions cos i hv sent my questions twice and i wrote dem in english and u havent answered even one correctly . just wanted to feel free.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by colored(m): 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
ifyjip:
like my friend lady g has said, you need money to cover all your expenses. and it is not too late to apply for a visa, since the wedding is on June, u can book aƱ interview early enough before June

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by overlord77: 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
Picture this:

Virgin passport, good job, about 1.5M in account, wife has a visa already, our only child was born in the U.S. two years ago . Want to apply for a B1/B2 for my brothers wedding.

What are the possibilities of getting a US visa and what document would be of immense help?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
Ifyjip you do realise that it is not mandatory for people to answer you? This is a public forum and your tone is a bit off for somebody asking for people's opinion. You asked a question and people chipped in their 2 cents and your comment
'why are u ppl lik this to u guys hv been able to ansa my questions and some just anawered aomtin elaw i did nt ask pls som1 ahld read and ansa me plzzzzz am begging no tym again o' irksome and bossy. Its nobody's fault you are pressed for time. If u go through this page you'l notice the civility here.
Cheers
Worry! Worry!! How many times I call u?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
overlord77:
Picture this:

Virgin passport, good job, about 1.5M in account, wife has a visa already, our only child was born in the U.S. two years ago . Want to apply for a B1/B2 for my brothers wedding.

What are the possibilities of getting a US visa and what document would be of immense help?
Your scenario is similar to 100dollarbills. Look for his posts. He got the visa after the longest interview ever! Just go with your wife's payment reciepts. You stand a good chance

100! I hail o!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Ifyjip you do realise that it is not mandatory for people to answer you? This is a public forum and your tone is a bit off for somebody asking for people's opinion. You asked a question and people chipped in their 2 cents and your comment

l saw that response from the questionnaire, l was like none of us is paid here, none of us is a VO, what we do here is pure humanitarian assistance, even the VO thread we have on nairaland, there are some questions she ignores because she expects u to read the US govt websites and gather infos urself, same is applicable to this thread or any other travel thread.......l taya 4some people angry angry
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
ifyjip:
@WORRY oh yea so now its abt English ? just tell me u dont kw the answer to my questions cos i hv sent my questions twice and i wrote dem in english and u havent answered even one correctly . just wanted to feel free.
undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
Hahahahaha grin grin............Yawns.... tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.