Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,312 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059935 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by lewisropo(m): 2:54pm On May 05, 2015
nairalanders in Menphis Tennessee,pls i'm in need of your help i am a Nigerian.i came to US.i just got married some days ago,i am in need of any kind of job now,pls help me,i am looking for money to file for green card as my wife is not working now.thank pls im still waiting for ur reply o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ramzolly: 5:33pm On May 05, 2015
Hi everyone, Pls I'm trying to schedule an appointment for a family of 4, parents and two kids of 4years(twins). Pls I need to know how to go about it. Do I just do a regular booking for them but all on same date? Or is there another way around it? Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by maestro03: 7:04pm On May 05, 2015
Hello Guys,

I want to renew my US visa. I meet the requirements, though i have not paid the fees yet i fiddled with the form a little. I realized it does not request for my details, it's picking my old details ( the one i was issued based on). Does this mean i wont fill out a new form? My circumstances have changed. Or would i go through the process once i pay and provide receipt numbers?

Please assist.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifegy: 2:16pm On May 06, 2015
maestro03:
Hello Guys,
I want to renew my US visa. I meet the requirements, though i have not paid the fees yet i fiddled with the form a little. I realized it does not request for my details, it's picking my old details ( the one i was issued based on). Does this mean i wont fill out a new form? My circumstances have changed. Or would i go through the process once i pay and provide receipt numbers?
Please assist.
Thanks

Is that the drop box application that you are referring to?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:35pm On May 06, 2015
maestro03:
Hello Guys,

Please assist.

Thanks
U will have to fill another DS160. I'm sure you are looking at the profile where yo check for available dates abi? Some parts of that side are editable
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayomutu(m): 6:31pm On May 06, 2015
@suxes2006

please i need your help, am working as a mechanical technician in a company for years now , and i decided to move to (u.s) so i can live and work there, pls what did i need to do, how much did i need, pls i will be glad if anyone in the house can put me through this my email (ayomutu@yahoo.ca)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by timijasco(m): 3:53am On May 07, 2015
Hello forumites, really appreciate all your good works and encouragement here. Please travel experts i would like to know my chances of getting a US conference visa here. I am a professional member of various associations and bodies related to my professional career, and i am a civil servant working with one of the state government owned polytechnic in south-west for about 3yrs now as a senior laboratory technologist (Level 8 step 3). I recently sent my well researched abstract to a conference which is highly related to my profession and it has been accepted after several scrutiny and reviews by the organizers. I have been invited as stated in the Invitation Letter to attend the conference and present the paper as i was shortlisted as one of the presenters from the emerging regions of the developing countries. My fear and concern are the following pls HELP:

1. The conference is holding for just 3 days, how many days should i indicate i'll be staying in the US? (coz i'll like to scout for universities to run my third degree + visit tourist attractions, shop for textbooks while in the US).
2. I have 3 sticker visas on my old passport issued 2001 (2 Asian visas and 1 African visa) and i never traveled with those visas, though i have visited four west african countries with the same passport within 2001 to 2008. Due to the unused visas, should i indicate i have a travel history or i shouldn't dare state that i have a travel history?
3. The conference am attending would be partly sponsored by me and my institution as academic staff are entitled to travel compensation only when it is on academic grounds (presenting a paper internationally), would that pose any hindrance?
4. Home ties - I'm engaged but not yet married at 33+, i have landed properties, a car and a secured government job, is there any issue with this?
5. All necessary documentations as regards my employment, the conference and travel expenses are no problem at all.

6. I have never applied for visa in any european embassies nor applied for US visa too (i am a first-timer) and never been refused visa before i.e no refusal stamps on any of my passports.

pls what advice do you have on the above? Thanks as i welcome all suggestions and opinions.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by maestro03: 11:34am On May 07, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

U will have to fill another DS160. I'm sure you are looking at the profile where yo check for available dates abi? Some parts of that side are editable

Thank you for the response. Sorted it out. I did fill a new DS160 form.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 11:55am On May 07, 2015
timijasco:
Hello forumites, really appreciate all your good works and encouragement here. Please travel experts i would like to know my chances of getting a US conference visa here. I am a professional member of various associations and bodies related to my professional career, and i am a civil servant working with one of the state government owned polytechnic in south-west for about 3yrs now as a senior laboratory technologist (Level 8 step 3). I recently sent my well researched abstract to a conference which is highly related to my profession and it has been accepted after several scrutiny and reviews by the organizers. I have been invited as stated in the Invitation Letter to attend the conference and present the paper as i was shortlisted as one of the presenters from the emerging regions of the developing countries. My fear and concern are the following pls HELP:
1. The conference is holding for just 3 days, how many days should i indicate i'll be staying in the US? (coz i'll like to scout for universities to run my third degree + visit tourist attractions, shop for textbooks while in the US).
2. I have 3 sticker visas on my old passport issued 2001 (2 Asian visas and 1 African visa) and i never traveled with those visas, though i have visited four west african countries with the same passport within 2001 to 2008. Due to the unused visas, should i indicate i have a travel history or i shouldn't dare state that i have a travel history?
3. The conference am attending would be partly sponsored by me and my institution as academic staff are entitled to travel compensation only when it is on academic grounds (presenting a paper internationally), would that pose any hindrance?
4. Home ties - I'm engaged but not yet married at 33+, i have landed properties, a car and a secured government job, is there any issue with this?
5. All necessary documentations as regards my employment, the conference and travel expenses are no problem at all.
6. I have never applied for visa in any european embassies nor applied for US visa too (i am a first-timer) and never been refused visa before i.e no refusal stamps on any of my passports.
pls what advice do you have on the above? Thanks as i welcome all suggestions and opinions.

Please can you explain the section in bold font. Usually people say they have unused visas not 'sticker visas'. Never lie on your application. That's the first step towards a refusal.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 12:06pm On May 07, 2015
timijasco:

Honesty is your best policy here.
IF ASKED then answer that you were issued the visas (I hope that they are real!)
but did not get to use them.
If the V.O. does not mention them nor should you.
If they are fake stamps and this is spotted then bad wahalla!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by timijasco(m): 2:13pm On May 07, 2015
thegreengooner:

Please can you explain the section in bold font. Usually people say they have unused visas not 'sticker visas'. Never lie on your application. That's the first step towards a refusal.

Thanks so much. What i meant was that i obtained a visa attached to my passport (Philippines visa) twice in 2008 to attend a conference but didn't use them becoz i was ill and secondly the price of the flight then was something else. The visas are REAL, i was interviewed at the embassy in abuja and was granted. The first one got expired and i renewed to go on vacation but got a job around that time so had to cancel the trip. The african visa is an Ethiopian visa where i intend to transit when coming from Manila to see scout for Developmental Jobs (NGO jobs) through a friend in Addis Ababa but since i didn't travel to the philippines, all the visas expired. Note the visas were collected btw jul and sept 2008.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by timijasco(m): 2:19pm On May 07, 2015
worry357:

Honesty is your best policy here.
IF ASKED then answer that you were issued the visas (I hope that they are real!)
but did not get to use them.
If the V.O. does not mention them nor should you.
If they are fake stamps and this is spotted then bad wahalla!

The visas are all REAL with receipt collected. Its a Philippines Visa and an Ethiopian Visa (glued to my passport pages).
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 3:15pm On May 07, 2015
timijasco:

The visas are all REAL with receipt collected. Its a Philippines Visa and an Ethiopian Visa (glued to my passport pages).
Ok that's very good.
Just answer honestly that you were ill and funds ran out.
IF you are asked, otherwise stay quiet.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by timijasco(m): 5:38pm On May 07, 2015
worry357:

Ok that's very good.
Just answer honestly that you were ill and funds ran out.
IF you are asked, otherwise stay quiet.
@worry357 thanks so much. what about the other questions i inquired about? (as listed in my first post)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by timijasco(m): 5:40pm On May 07, 2015

Re: Usa Visit Visa by frankyod: 6:16pm On May 07, 2015
PLEASE MY PEOPLE UR ADVICE IS NEEDED:
Am a graduate of Biochemistry working in Dubai with an catering service company as a logistic helper but on my Residence permit visa it was Loading and unloading visa sticker dat was stamp on it.Though b4 coming to UAE in 2013 my previous experience was in microfinance bank in nigeria n presentely I dont know how to go about VISIT/CONFERENCE VISA APPLICATION if I should apply as a biochemist under scientific seminars or anyother ones? My fear is dat the company may not be able to give me any letter dat will back up my application n UAE is a tax less country so
Re: Usa Visit Visa by frankyod: 6:26pm On May 07, 2015
@surex2006,
sir, l appreciate ur selfless service to humanity o this forum.my request goes thus:pls ur advice is needed on how to get conference visa am presently wrking in dubai with a company but planning to go home for visa processing n dont no where to start plsss sir I dnt know if I could get ur personal contact ;whatsaap, facebook or mobile to discuss with u plssd I dont want to do any mistake I realised most of d requirements are difficult for me to get .I will b grateful if u could reply sir. Thankz
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Amefreeka: 6:47am On May 08, 2015
My visa application was denied. Find attached the paper I was given.

Can I re-apply anytime or till after 90 days? Also, when re-applying, will I start afresh or I will continue from my former application?

Furthermore, is my former application details stored on their system? If yes, what of if I make some changes if my current situation change as well, what will be the case.

What could have gone wrong cos I provided true information about myself.

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thank you all for your support. I'm glad I did everything by myself.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 7:25am On May 08, 2015
Amefreeka:
My visa application was denied.
What could have gone wrong cos I provided true information about myself.
Your reply will be highly appreciated.
Thank you all for your support. I'm glad I did everything by myself.

It's quite clear if you read the document!
214b means that the were not convinced that you would return home after your visit.
You need to work on your strong ties to home.
Also reapplying too soon makes you look desparate which is a red flag. More so if you do not provide ties to home, then another rejection and black marks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Amefreeka: 7:52am On May 08, 2015
worry357:

It's quite clear if you read the document!
214b means that the were not convinced that you would return home after your visit.
You need to work on your strong ties to home.
Also reapplying too soon makes you look desparate which is a red flag. More so if you do not provide ties to home, then another rejection and black marks.

Me and VO.

Me: Good Mrng
VO: Good Mrng
VO: Where are you going in America
Me: New York.
VO: Where in New York
Me: Brooklyn
VO: Are you working
Me: Yes
VO: What work
Me: I work as Customers Support Mgr (Northern Region) with xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx Plc
VO : Your monthly Salary
Me: 520,000
VO: Are you married
VO: How many children
Me: I have a daughter.
VO: Have you ever travel before
Me: No

Na so she do all her bragado for system.
The next thing was, am sorry. You can read through this paper.
Me: Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 12:14pm On May 08, 2015
Amefreeka:

Me and VO.
Me: I work as Customers Support Mgr (Northern Region) with xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx Plc

Absolutely no travel history is usually an immediate red flag especially if the purpose of your visit is a 'vacation'.

The questions in the mind of the VO to you are Why now? undecided undecided Why America? As big as the world is you've decided out of the blue to visit America first! America that is so far away and expensive to go before ever going anywhere else? Moreso you picked New York, an expensive city to visit. Tell me more...Are you really telling us that you don't just want to abandon your family and live illegally in our country?

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Amefreeka: 1:18pm On May 08, 2015
thegreengooner:

Absolutely no travel history is usually an immediate red flag especially if the purpose of your visit is a 'vacation'.
The questions in the mind of the VO to you are Why now? undecided undecided Why America? As big as the world is you've decided out of the blue to visit America first! America that is so far away and expensive to go before ever going anywhere else? Moreso you picked New York, an expensive city to visit. Tell me more...Are you really telling us that you don't just want to abandon your family and live illegally in our country?
Abandon my family for what? No.
I'm contented with I have. I work and run my personal business. I know how much I make weekly talk less of a month. I was invited by my cousin is NY and he is a medical doctor there not that I roll out call to them begging that I want to come.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 1:43pm On May 08, 2015
Amefreeka:

Me and VO.

Amefreeka:

I'm contented with I have. I work and run my personal business. I know how much I make weekly talk less of a month. I was invited by my cousin is NY and he is a medical doctor there not that I roll out call to them begging that I want to come.

Is that figure your monthly salary or total monthly income salary and business combined?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
Amefreeka:

I 'believe' you.

Is the VO totally convinced?

Vice-Consul, United States Consulate, Lagos, Mr. Christopher Richardson, says many applicants are refused American visas because they have not visited other countries.

source:http://www.punchng.com/news/why-applicants-are-refused-us-visas/

I have heard people say ‘but I have an invitation.’ Such people assume that they should not be refused visa because they have an invitation. But our system is not the same as the UK system. In the UK system that (invitation) has to be considered very strongly. In the US system, that has to be considered too but it is not as strong as the UK’s and it doesn’t mean you automatically have to get a visa. Articulation is a big issue. Visa interview is a big issue and applicants need to prepare. It is also important that you know all the information in your application and be fully responsible for them. You also need to plan ahead. Planning ahead is probably number one.

Head of the Consular Section of the US Embassy in Abuja, Carol Cox.

source: http://www.punchng.com/politics/diplomatic-post/invitation-letter-not-automatic-for-visa-us-consular/
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tityski: 4:59pm On May 08, 2015
Dear VO,

I will love your candid advise here. I have gone to the Lagos embassy 3 times and i have been denied. The first two times i wanted to go and have my baby which i had all documents required and funds, i was invited my my sister who is a citizen but was denied. The 3rd time after a whole year i applied for a conference which my company was sponsoring and was denied again. Now i want to go back with my family for holiday, can i go to abuja cos i heard lagos is very difficult? pls advise.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 5:17pm On May 08, 2015
tityski:
Dear VO,

I will love your candid advise here. I have gone to the Lagos embassy 3 times and i have been denied. The first two times i wanted to go and have my baby which i had all documents required and funds, i was invited my my sister who is a citizen but was denied. The 3rd time after a whole year i applied for a conference which my company was sponsoring and was denied again. Now i want to go back with my family for holiday, can i go to abuja cos i heard lagos is very difficult? pls advise.

You need to address the issues of why you were refused in the past.
What were the codes and reasons.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 08, 2015
At last worry types without the bolded

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tityski: 9:43pm On May 08, 2015
They were all 214b, apart from giving me the denial letter. No explanation. I work with a multinational company and was given letter of introduction, I am married now with a child. So please how can I know where the problem is from.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by timijasco(m): 3:36am On May 09, 2015
[quote][/quote]
@justwise @chleo7
I recently sent my well researched abstract to a conference in the US which is highly related to my profession and it has been accepted after several scrutiny and reviews by the organizers. I have been invited as stated in the Invitation Letter to attend the conference and present the paper as i was shortlisted as one of the presenters from the emerging regions of the developing countries. My fears and concerns are the following pls HELP:

2. The conference am attending would be partly sponsored by me and my institution as academic staff are entitled to travel compensation only when it is on academic grounds (presenting a paper internationally), would that pose any hindrance?
3. Home ties - I'm engaged but not yet married at 33+, i have landed properties, a car and a secured government job, is there any issue with this?
4. All necessary documentations as regards my employment, the conference and travel expenses are no problem at all.

5. I have never applied for visa in any european embassies nor applied for US visa too (i am a first-timer) and never been refused visa before i.e no refusal stamps on any of my passports.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 5:35am On May 09, 2015
tityski:
They were all 214b, apart from giving me the denial letter. No explanation. I work with a multinational company and was given letter of introduction, I am married now with a child. So please how can I know where the problem is from.

That means that they were not satisfied that you would return home after your visit.
3 denials for 214b means that your file has red flag.
You must work on very, very strong ties to home.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:39am On May 09, 2015
tityski:
Dear VO,

It is immaterial the embassy u apply through. The issues are the same and going back a hundred times without addressing it will still end in the same outcome. What are those issues sef? Yes you posted a letter but its generic, one size fits all. Post your transcripts let's see the direction where your issue lies.

Ameefreka. Yes, your records are cast in stone in their system. No, you cannot 'tweak' your details. That will be interpreted as misrepresentation and the consequence is dire.
From your transcript, I advice you to visit another country ist. (No be ghana and all of the likes o!) If possible, travel with your family. Btw, this your salary, is it after expenses I.e your profit abi wetin?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:43am On May 09, 2015
Redflag shocked how come? Don't make people unnecessarily scared o jare, when it's not she misrepresented or something more serious, let her work on her home ties to Nigeria at least there are people who have gotten visas after 3 attempts and on the 4th attempt, which one be redflag
worry357:

That means that they were not satisfied that you would return home after your visit.
3 denials for 214b means that your file has red flag.
You must work on very, very strong ties to home.

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.