Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,481 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059955 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:18am On May 09, 2015
timijasco:
Hello forumites, really appreciate all your good works and encouragement here. Please travel experts i would like to know my chances of getting a US conference visa here. I am a professional member of various associations and bodies related to my professional career, and i am a civil servant working with one of the state government owned polytechnic in south-west for about 3yrs now as a senior laboratory technologist (Level 8 step 3). I recently sent my well researched abstract to a conference which is highly related to my profession and it has been accepted after several scrutiny and reviews by the organizers. I have been invited as stated in the Invitation Letter to attend the conference and present the paper as i was shortlisted as one of the presenters from the emerging regions of the developing countries. My fear and concern are the following pls HELP:

First and foremost, i commend your ability to carry out that research and earn an invitation for a presentation to the American audience. This in itself, is an achievement to sway the CO to favour you.

timijasco:
1. The conference is holding for just 3 days, how many days should i indicate i'll be staying in the US? (coz i'll like to scout for universities to run my third degree + visit tourist attractions, shop for textbooks while in the US).

Calculate the number of days it will take you to board a flight and arrive on the U.S. soil, add a free day before your conference to this so as to get acquainted with the environment around you, add the three(3) days of the conference to this, and possibly a day more after the conference to scout around and rest for your next journey back to your country. Do not attempt to add any more unnecessary days to this itinerary (For your own good i will explain below)

timijasco:
2. I have 3 sticker visas on my old passport issued 2001 (2 Asian visas and 1 African visa) and i never traveled with those visas, though i have visited four west african countries with the same passport within 2001 to 2008. Due to the unused visas, should i indicate i have a travel history or i shouldn't dare state that i have a travel history?

You obtained the same visa twice and refused to use them, and no evidence to show that you were truly ill during that period which is not a good sign. But you still have another opportunity to redeem yourself as you already showed from your abstract acceptance that you are an asset to the American economy even if you choose to abscond (I strongly advise against doing this as you may find out the hard way). However, you may be issued a three (3) months visa at the first instance to test your honesty. Only stay for a few days spanning your conference period no more no less.

timijasco:
3. The conference am attending would be partly sponsored by me and my institution as academic staff are entitled to travel compensation only when it is on academic grounds (presenting a paper internationally), would that pose any hindrance?

A letter to this effect will suffice.

timijasco:
4. Home ties - I'm engaged but not yet married at 33+, i have landed properties, a car and a secured government job, is there any issue with this?
Your job at this time is sufficient.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:33am On May 09, 2015
Amefreeka:

Me and VO.

Me: Good Mrng
VO: Good Mrng
VO: Where are you going in America
Me: New York.
VO: Where in New York
Me: Brooklyn
VO: Are you working
Me: Yes
VO: What work
Me: I work as Customers Support Mgr (Northern Region) with xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx Plc
VO : Your monthly Salary
Me: 520,000
VO: Are you married
Me: Yes
VO: How many children
Me: I have a daughter.
VO: Have you ever travel before
Me: No

Na so she do all her bragado for system.
The next thing was, am sorry. You can read through this paper.
Me: Thank you.

From your transcript, the travel experience was just a charade. The main reason you were refused has to do with leaving your wife and daughter behind for a vacation of sort. As it is now, stay away from the American embassy till you, your wife and kid take a joint vacation some place else.

Enjoy your day.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ramzolly: 9:02am On May 09, 2015
Hi all, pls im trying to make an application for a family of 4. Do i need to fill a complete ds 160 form for each of dem? 2 of the family memebers are kids of 4years each and then the husband and wife.how do i combine them ? And also schedule an appointment for all of them together. I have looked through the site but cant seem to find a way. Pleeease any advice? Thank you so much
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:08pm On May 09, 2015
Ramzolly:
Hi all, pls im trying to make an application for a family of 4. Do i need to fill a complete ds 160 form for each of dem? 2 of the family memebers are kids of 4years each and then the husband and wife.how do i combine them ? And also schedule an appointment for all of them together. I have looked through the site but cant seem to find a way. Pleeease any advice? Thank you so much
Each person has a passport and a visa so each person gets a ds 160.
After that, go to the profile side where you book an appointment. There's the group booking for 10 and above going together. U can however just book the same time for egs 8:30am for everybody. When one person is called all of una go go answer una question.
Good luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ramzolly: 4:37pm On May 09, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Each person has a passport and a visa so each person gets a ds 160.
After that, go to the profile side where you book an appointment. There's the group booking for 10 and above going together. U can however just book the same time for egs 8:30am for everybody. When one person is called all of una go go answer una question.
Good luck
okay, thankyou
Re: Usa Visit Visa by timijasco(m): 4:41am On May 10, 2015
tzetzefly:

First and foremost, i commend your ability to carry out that research and earn an invitation for a presentation to the American audience. This in itself, is an achievement to sway the CO to favour you.

Calculate the number of days it will take you to board a flight and arrive on the U.S. soil, add a free day before your conference to this so as to get acquainted with the environment around you, add the three(3) days of the conference to this, and possibly a day more after the conference to scout around and rest for your next journey back to your country. Do not attempt to add any more unnecessary days to this itinerary (For your own good i will explain below)

You obtained the same visa twice and refused to use them, and no evidence to show that you were truly ill during that period which is not a good sign. But you still have another opportunity to redeem yourself as you already showed from your abstract acceptance that you are an asset to the American economy even if you choose to abscond (I strongly advise against doing this as you may find out the hard way). A reason i advised against staying beyond your conference days, is due to this factor. However, you may be issued a three (3) months visa at the first instance to test your honesty. Only stay for a few days spanning your conference period no more no less.

A letter to this effect will suffice.

Your job at this time is sufficient.

@tzetzefly:
Thanks so much for your suggestions and advises. They r very timely.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tityski: 10:46am On May 10, 2015
Am surprised when you say redflag oh! When am not a criminal ...for more ties can someone tell me what else I can present! I have a letter from where I work, marriage Certificate , a child. And all my family. Members. Are here!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tityski: 10:52am On May 10, 2015
Also note that I have a valid UK visa, gone to SA,Turkey and Ghana.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:23am On May 10, 2015
tityski I think you should just give the applications time before reapplying again, maybe allow a year to pass or 9 months and you can use that opportunity to visit a new country, because you have travel experience, you are married and have a job and a child
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 10, 2015
julius99:
hello,
I made a mistake of the city of authority of passport and the application has already been submitted. The appointment is 13th may, and I don't know how I can Edit it and put the correct city.
Please Help me out!

Same thing happened to me. Call them. They asked me to send an email explaining my concerns. From the mail, I was told fill a new ds160. I did so, and mailed them with a scanned passport data page and the ds160 number. They mailed me back when the ds160 number had been changed for my appointment. I printed out a new appointment confirmation and took the new ds160 on that day.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lewisropo(m): 2:26am On May 11, 2015
nairalanders in Menphis Tennessee,pls i'm in need of your help i am a Nigerian.i came to US.i just got married some days ago,i am in need of any kind of job now,pls help me,i am looking for money to file for green card as my wife is not working now.thank pls im still waiting for ur replies

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:15am On May 11, 2015
lewisropo:
nairalanders in Menphis Tennessee,pls i'm in need of your help i am a Nigerian.i came to US.i just got married some days ago,i am in need of any kind of job now,pls help me,i am looking for money to file for green card as my wife is not working now.thank pls im still waiting for ur replies
sorry about your condition now but I can see you have posted this quite a number of times but no response has been given which means I don't think anyone has any help to render here or something.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:11am On May 11, 2015
chloe7:
sorry about your condition now but I can see you have posted this quite a number of times but no response has been given which means I don't think anyone has any help to render here or something.
I tire! U must av had a plan when you embarked on your voyage, fall back on that plan.
Chloe nwa, nda ka imere taa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 11, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I tire! U must av had a plan when you embarked on your voyage, fall back on that plan.
Chloe nwa, nda ka imere taa?
I just had to copy and send this to my husband so he can tell me the meaning. Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy because my igbo hearing never reach this stage, he said I should reply mbanu grin

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 2:34pm On May 11, 2015
chloe7:
I just had to copy and send this to my husband so he can tell me the meaning. Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy because my igbo hearing never reach this stage, he said I should reply mbanu grin

ur mean manfriend or boyfriend gringrin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 11, 2015
Jchi9876:

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:16pm On May 11, 2015
Chloe Mbanu ke? Is your husband ibo at all? Lol
I asked you how you are doing today in Owerri dialect only o!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by colored(m): 4:34pm On May 11, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
lmao lady g are u from imo
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 11, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
my husband is delta igbo o! When I asked him he said I should reply mbanu,
Well, i'm fine o we thank God for life, I still never go buy form o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:20pm On May 11, 2015
colored:
lmao lady g are u from imo
Live! But I no be owerri o!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 11, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Live! But I no be owerri o!
e be like say na igbo plenty for here pass o!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by overlord77: 9:12am On May 12, 2015
Jchi9876:

You wish she was single.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 10:16am On May 12, 2015
overlord77:

You wish she was single.

you say?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 12:35pm On May 12, 2015
Thank u all . my wife's visa was approved just now. Details later. Love to u all, kudos to chief tzetzefly

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 12, 2015
tayoamos:
Thank u all . my wife's visa was approved just now. Details later. Love to u all, kudos to chief tzetzefly
congratulations cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vitus101: 1:05pm On May 12, 2015
Good afternoon house, I want to travel to the Us for an annual musical festival. I'm self employed (handling my father's biz), engaged,my wedding is in Nov,I have a landed property. I make about a 120k per month. I'll make hotel reservation and I'm in touch with a ticket seller. I'll sponsor the trip and I don't intend to spend more than 8 days. Now, I want the gurus in the house to analyze the condtions and tell me the possible outcome of an interview with a US VO. My regards
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Chrizizon: 1:46pm On May 12, 2015
Good day all the Gurus in here...I need someone to help me clarify something here, If someone made a transit in a country n they stamped u in, u checked in a hotel and spend a night there n leave the next day morning ..Can u consider that country as one of countries traveled to within 5 years?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:49pm On May 12, 2015
Chrizizon:
Good day all the Gurus in here...I need someone to help me clarify something here, If someone made a transit in a country n they stamped u in, u checked in a hotel and spend a night there n leave the next day morning ..Can u consider that country as one of countries traveled to within 5 years?
IMO Yes. If asked, you explain.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 12, 2015
Yes, because that stamp shows you have entered that country and left, what if you really had to go through there and do a days meeting and leave the next day too nko? It's just logical
Chrizizon:
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 8:34pm On May 12, 2015
Hello all.

Please for those who have attended interviews at the Lagos Embassy, are the business center guys(ie the people who take passport photos) there as early as 6.30am? Or I should take the passport before visiting the embassy?

Daluu ńù!

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.