Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061231 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 8:25pm On May 23, 2015
PaulBaroi:

Hello there tayoamos,

My husband also has B1/B2 Visa and already visited USA before. I'm applying this week.
Would you please let me know the interview experience of your wife? like what are the questions she was asked and what she answered? It would help me and other a great deal.

Thank you a lot
Here is the transcript: interview was in Lagos, 10am

Vo: good morning and how r u
Wife: fine, and u
Vo: why re u going to america
Wife: to accompany my husband in attending a family friends wedding, we r both invited
Vo: the vo looked confused, asked everything about the family friends who's wedding we re going for, she asked of when did they get to america, when last did she see them, when did they become citizens, how did they become citizens, etc
My wife answered everything correctly
Vo: how long do u intend to stay and who is sponsoring your trip
Wife: 5 days, and my husband will sponsor the trip
Vo; how many kids do u have and what job does your husband do and how long has your husband been working and also tell me your job too
Wife: I have 2 kids, husband is a medical doctor, working for the last 8 years, I am a structural engineer at XYZ
Vo: how come your kids are not going with u
Wife; its a short trip, my kids will stay with my mom and sister both who stays with us
Vo: can I see your identity card and your husband statement of account and also his passport
Wife: I showed my identity card, when she wanted to bring out the statement of account and my passport, the vo said my wife should just wave them to him , he didn't even check them. Just saw them from afar through the glass
Vo: have u travelled with your husband before
Wife: yea, we both travelled to lots of States within Nigeria
Vo: she just smiled, vo said I mean travelling outside Nigeria with your husband
Wife: no, we have not
Vo: OK, I will approve your visa, and make sure u bring something for your kids from america. Pick up your visa on Monday.
Her passport was virgin, she assumed she will not be given the visa, so she looked very simple and had no tension on her.she just looked ordinary and natural
Be composed
Go with your husband's passport, his statement of account from bank. The vo also asked of her hotel reservation paper, she asked about the wedding invitation card
Let your husband be your sponsor
Come back here and give me the success of your visa approval

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by PaulBaroi: 9:01pm On May 23, 2015
tayoamos:

Here is the transcript: interview was in Lagos, 10am

Vo: good morning and how r u
Wife: fine, and u
Vo: why re u going to america
Wife: to accompany my husband in attending a family friends wedding, we r both invited
Vo: the vo looked confused, asked everything about the family friends who's wedding we re going for, she asked of when did they get to america, when last did she see them, when did they become citizens, how did they become citizens, etc
My wife answered everything correctly
Vo: how long do u intend to stay and who is sponsoring your trip
Wife: 5 days, and my husband will sponsor the trip
Vo; how many kids do u have and what job does your husband do and how long has your husband been working and also tell me your job too
Wife: I have 2 kids, husband is a medical doctor, working for the last 8 years, I am a structural engineer at XYZ
Vo: how come your kids are not going with u
Wife; its a short trip, my kids will stay with my mom and sister both who stays with us
Vo: can I see your identity card and your husband statement of account and also his passport
Wife: I showed my identity card, when she wanted to bring out the statement of account and my passport, the vo said my wife should just wave them to him , he didn't even check them. Just saw them from afar through the glass
Vo: have u travelled with your husband before
Wife: yea, we both travelled to lots of States within Nigeria
Vo: she just smiled, vo said I mean travelling outside Nigeria with your husband
Wife: no, we have not
Vo: OK, I will approve your visa, and make sure u bring something for your kids from america. Pick up your visa on Monday.
Her passport was virgin, she assumed she will not be given the visa, so she looked very simple and had no tension on her.she just looked ordinary and natural
Be composed
Go with your husband's passport, his statement of account from bank. The vo also asked of her hotel reservation paper, she asked about the wedding invitation card
Let your husband be your sponsor
Come back here and give me the success of your visa approval

Thanks a lot for prompt response with interview transcript

I have traveled few countries with my husband but we have no children yet. Also I just graduated and yet to start working. My plan is to join somewhere after this US vacation with my husband.
So, you think I have good chance of getting visa? or not? sad !! - [I'm just too anxious cause I will be heartbroken if VO misjudged me since we will be back after 2 weeks vacation.]

Also, you said your wife took your passport with her. So, Embassy allow to take spouse passport? or just photocopy?

Thank you again.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 9:06pm On May 23, 2015
PaulBaroi:

Thanks a lot for prompt response with interview transcript

I have traveled few countries with my husband but we have no children yet. Also I just graduated and yet to start working. My plan is to join somewhere after this US vacation with my husband.
So, you think I have good chance of getting visa? or not? sad !! - [I'm just too anxious cause I will be heartbroken if VO misjudged me since we will be back after 2 weeks vacation.]

Also, you said your wife took your passport with her. So, Embassy allow to take spouse passport? or just photocopy?

Thank you again.
Yes o, go with the original of your husbands international passport, not photocopy at all
Go with your marriage certificate, hope u re legally married
But my concern is that the vo will likely never ask to check any document, he might ask to just see from afar
Make sure you package yourself well, which countries have u been to before ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by PaulBaroi: 9:12pm On May 23, 2015
tayoamos:

Yes o, go with the original of your husbands international passport, not photocopy at all
Go with your marriage certificate, hope u re legally married
But my concern is that the vo will likely never ask to check any document, he might ask to just see from afar
Make sure you package yourself well, which countries have u been to before ?

Indonesia and Malaysia for our honeymoon. I guess VO officers don't care such countries sad
And yes we are legally married .. Haha
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 9:19pm On May 23, 2015
PaulBaroi:

Thailand and Malaysia for our honeymoon. I guess VO officers don't care such countries sad
And yes we are legally married .. Haha

And I hope those countries visas are inside your passport.
One thing that I know really contributed to my wife's getting the visa is the fact that we are not travelling with our 2 kids, ages 3 and 5
That vo was amazed that my wife said the kids will stay with grandma.
From my own view, u should get the visa, u have a travel history and your husband had visited the US
And since its your hubby sponsoring the trip, I don't see any issue at all
Re: Usa Visit Visa by PaulBaroi: 9:26pm On May 23, 2015
tayoamos:

And I hope those countries visas are inside your passport.
One thing that I know really contributed to my wife's getting the visa is the fact that we are not travelling with our 2 kids, ages 3 and 5
That vo was amazed that my wife said the kids will stay with grandma.
From my own view, u should get the visa, u have a travel history and your husband had visited the US
And since its your hubby sponsoring the trip, I don't see any issue at all

Yes, Visa stamps also in my passport. I know that leaving your kids back home made a big part in getting the visa. That's why in my first reply I told you I have no kid yet.

I hope I get the visa too. I'm really excited for this two weeks vacation. -Finger Crossed-

Thank you again.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 9:31pm On May 23, 2015
PaulBaroi:

Yes, Visa stamps also in my passport. I know that leaving your kids back home made a big part in getting the visa. That's why in my first reply I told you I have no kid yet.

I hope I get the visa too. I'm really excited for this two weeks vacation. -Finger Crossed-

Thank you again.
The vo also asked if my wife was pregnant and she said no
Your kids will soon come, no worries about that
And also, the vo will want to be anxious if u re pregnant as she might think u want to go and have a baby there
With your story, I am more than certain u will get the visa, no kwams my sister
Jus make sure to send my maltina when u are asked to pick up your visa
Is your interview in lag or abj ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Emblem(m): 1:30am On May 24, 2015
God2big2sure:
Concerning changing your visa to F1 it can be done in united State but most schools doesnt do that. There are document required before you can change it like prove that you can pay your school fees.I can give you the name of the school and read their policy.
God bless you.

Hello God2big2sure, just sent u a PM. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lollypop2(f): 1:12pm On May 24, 2015
i think it depends on the VO u meet! I went for my interview on friday with my kids, and took only a photocopy of my husbands visa page and our visas were aproved
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 24, 2015
lollypop2:
i think it depends on the VO u meet! I went for my interview on friday with my kids, and took only a photocopy of my husbands visa page and our visas were aproved
I was going to quote that too that you don't have to go with the passport, you can go with a photocopy it doesn't matter, my last interview the v.o just took the photocopy from me and entered something from the visa in his computer and asked me questions.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ladyjoie: 10:00pm On May 24, 2015
Hello,
I need help please
I was turned back at the embassy cos of different bar code, I had applied wit my family, so my husband and kids went ahead n got the visa
Now am left to reschedule my appointment, Wat would I do?
They gave me a paper stating I don't have to apply again as my visa fees are still valid, please has this happened to anyone and Wat was the way out?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 24, 2015
ladyjoie:
Hello,
I need help please
I was turned back at the embassy cos of different bar code, I had applied wit my family, so my husband and kids went ahead n got the visa
Now am left to reschedule my appointment, Wat would I do?
They gave me a paper stating I don't have to apply again as my visa fees are still valid, please has this happened to anyone and Wat was the way out?
go to the appointment schedule website and log in and reschedule your appointment since your fees are still valid for rescheduling or you call the embassy help line
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mrsfad2014: 10:52pm On May 24, 2015
Hello house, pls I need advise. We got US visa 2 years ago and we planned doing drop box but my second son is upto 14 years old and it was written in the eligibility page that u are not qualify for drop box if you are not up to 14 years in last application. We are family of 5. Do u think 4 people should do drop box and apply for 14 years old alone or we all do drop box. Pls advise me accordingly.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 24, 2015
Mrsfad2014:
Hello house, pls I need advise. We got US visa 2 years ago and we planned doing drop box but my second son is upto 14 years old and it was written in the eligibility page that u are not qualify for drop box if you are not up to 14 years in last application. We are family of 5. Do u think 4 people should do drop box and apply for 14 years old alone or we all do drop box. Pls advise me accordingly.
IMO and I stand to be corrected, if you all do drop box anyone that needs interview will be called for interview and if it doesn't need everyone will breeze through without an interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 7:11am On May 25, 2015
chloe7:
IMO and I stand to be corrected, if you all do drop box anyone that needs interview will be called for interview and if it doesn't need everyone will breeze through without an interview.

That is true.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 25, 2015
Hello everyone, please i'll love for someone to please help me check the next available appointment date in Lagos embassy, I can't check it myself because I have an appointment booked, God bless kiss
Re: Usa Visit Visa by john2care: 10:35pm On May 25, 2015
Please can anyone advise me on this;
I graduated from Uni early in life and also got good job immediately i graduated and served with good income and i've been working with this oil company for 4years,,,I'm 24yrs old and got married legally last year and also got a daughter of 6months old...I want to visit US with my wife and daughter for Vacation and sightseeing...my question is; Do you think my age could raise a red flag?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:46pm On May 25, 2015
john2care:
Please can anyone advise me on this;
I graduated from Uni early in life and also got good job immediately i graduated and served with good income and i've been working with this oil company for 4years,,,I'm 24yrs old and got married legally last year and also got a daughter of 6months old...I want to visit US with my wife and daughter for Vacation and sightseeing...my question is; Do you think my age could raise a red flag?
No. You are solid.
By the way you got married at 23?! You are a good boy o! cheesy
At 23 I was still dancing kilamiti and shooperu! Lol

5 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by PaulBaroi: 4:23am On May 26, 2015
lollypop2:

Great to know your visa was approved.

Would you mind telling us your interview experience? Like what are the question VO asked you and what you answered ?
That can be a great help.

Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by PaulBaroi: 6:12am On May 26, 2015
chloe7:
I was going to quote that too that you don't have to go with the passport, you can go with a photocopy it doesn't matter, my last interview the v.o just took the photocopy from me and entered something from the visa in his computer and asked me questions.

Hey chloe7,

Would u mind sharing your Interview experience? Like what are the qestions you were asked?
and when did U apply?

Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:45am On May 26, 2015
PaulBaroi:

Hey chloe7,

Would u mind sharing your Interview experience? Like what are the qestions you were asked?
and when did U apply?

Thank you
I applied in February and I wasn't granted, i'm reapplying and I have a date for June already.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by PaulBaroi: 8:07am On May 26, 2015
chloe7:
I applied in February and I wasn't granted, i'm reapplying and I have a date for June already.

Sorry to hear that.. sad

What are the Qes VO asked? and Whats the reason they gave you for denial ? !!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:21am On May 26, 2015
PaulBaroi:

Would you mind telling us your interview experience? Like what are the question VO asked you and what you answered ?

Thank you
Go back like 50 pages and read from. Everyborry has posted their experiences and that way u get more information. E stressful but no pain no gain

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:03am On May 26, 2015
PaulBaroi:

Sorry to hear that.. sad

What are the Qes VO asked? and Whats the reason they gave you for denial ? !!
they don't give a particular reason for denial unlike the uk, I was refused under the regular section 214(b), well I felt the reason for my refusal was because I haven't travelled anywhere with my spouse before I visit the uk regularly and he hasn't been to the uk before, he has US visas on his passport but Uk no gree give am visa and he has stopped trying them.
When is your own interview? I wish you the very best with yours.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 10:13am On May 26, 2015
chloe7:
they don't give a particular reason for denial unlike the uk, I was refused under the regular section 214(b), well I felt the reason for my refusal was because I haven't travelled anywhere with my spouse before I visit the uk regularly and he hasn't been to the uk before, he has US visas on his passport but Uk no gree give am visa and he has stopped trying them.
When is your own interview? I wish you the very best with yours.
214(b) is an exact reason for your denial!
The visa officer was not convinced that you would return home after your visit.
REMEMBER the USA system says that you are trying to emigrate to the USA ( so will be refused visa)
unless you strongly proove your ties to return home.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lollypop2(f): 10:58am On May 26, 2015
PaulBaroi:

Thank you

It was very short! My interview went thus:
Me: Good morning
VO: morning, can I have your passports
Me: sent my passport with the children
VO: where are you going to
Me: travel inn atlanta(gave full hotel address)
VO: what are you going to do in Atlanta
Me: we are going on vacation
VO: why are you not going with your husband
Me: We are going together but he still has a valid visa
VO:can I see a copy of his visa page (checked my passports) what did u go and do in France and what program did you do in the uk
Me:I gave her and answered the other question! I went on vacation to France and I studied MBA human resources
VO: when did you finish your program and what have u been doing since then
Me: I finished blah blah and I have been working at blah blah
VO: how much do u earn
Me: told her( although my husband is the sponsor of the trip but no question was asked about him)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 11:06am On May 26, 2015
Pls , is making flight booking on wakanow safe ? Their flight fares are habit cheaper, but is it safe pls ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 26, 2015
worry357:

214(b) is an exact reason for your denial!
The visa officer was not convinced that you would return home after your visit.
REMEMBER the USA system says that you are trying to emigrate to the USA ( so will be refused visa)
unless you strongly proove your ties to return home.
first things first can you not reply me without the bolded? Secondly don't you understand what I just wrote? Really I will say again that unlike the uk that gives you a specific reason the u.s don't highlight all those, please don't give me headaches today undecided

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 26, 2015
tayoamos:
Pls , is making flight booking on wakanow safe ? Their flight fares are habit cheaper, but is it safe pls ?
you can book with wakanow but if you attempt to change dates you will pay through your nose.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 12:45pm On May 26, 2015
tayoamos:

I use skyscanner app to compare prices of different airlines and then book directly online on the airline website with the cheapest fare.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 1:25pm On May 26, 2015
ekpotek:

I use skyscanner app to compare prices of different airlines and then book directly online on the airline website with the cheapest fare.
How can I make use of sky scanner please
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:24pm On May 26, 2015
chloe7:
you can book with wakanow but if you attempt to change dates you will pay through your nose.
Gbam! We paid 80k extra for me and oga this february as I wan change date from Turkey.
Ekpotek is correct. Skyscanner compares for u.
Tayo u can either search for skyscanner through your web browser or download the app. I prefer d 2nd option cos its always handy.
Chloe I think what worry meant is that denial under 214b simply states the VO wasn't convinced u would return. However I agree with you, UK will for example tell you ' guy, ur salary na 150k. U de save average of 60k monthly. Then 3 weeks to ur interview u deposit N2.5m. Shuo! Where from? Based on that, we no believe say your way pure. So we no de give u visa' cheesy
Btw this was Exactly the way UK bounced me, in wafi style. Lol
Now in the above situation, you know what your issue is and you address it next time. However with US, you guess. Which is why it is imperative to read this thread well and get tips

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.