Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060337 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
Kayraph:
@LadyG, I think the best thing for you to do is to switch over to ghost mode on this thread.

Those of us who have benefited from the advice yourself, tzetzefly and at the initial stage, suxes2000 posted here can attest to the fact that you guys are merely extending helping hands to people who need it.

Some people here already has the mindset of following fraudulent means in their visa application and I'm sure that they will get their disappointment at the embassy.

I have been there before and got my visa, those VOs are professionals and they quite know when someone is lying or trying to play smart.

Those of you who would come after me cos of this post, please don't bother cos I won't dignify you with any response.

I rest my case!

Shalomm (like one guy's moniker)
Amen bro and shalomm indeed cheesy Thanks for the vote of confidence nwanne
Re: Usa Visit Visa by julius99(m): 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS
fideco:
Hello Guys,

Is it true that the USA embassy server is down and not taking Interviews at the moment? My Appointment is on 13th August and I want to be sure before traveling to Abuja.

I need this Urgently Please!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shalomm: 9:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
Kayraph:
@LadyG, I think the best thing for you to do is to switch over to ghost mode on this thread.

Those of us who have benefited from the advice yourself, tzetzefly and at the initial stage, suxes2000 posted here can attest to the fact that you guys are merely extending helping hands to people who need it.

Some people here already has the mindset of following fraudulent means in their visa application and I'm sure that they will get their disappointment at the embassy.

I have been there before and got my visa, those VOs are professionals and they quite know when someone is lying or trying to play smart.

Those of you who would come after me cos of this post, please don't bother cos I won't dignify you with any response.

I rest my case!

Shalomm (like one guy's moniker)
God is watching you ooo!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by emma1996: 11:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
I was denied a tourist visa under the 214(b) section.... although I didn't present documents I was meant to.
But now I will want to travel with my mom although she has a valid visa but does she need to apply again or will she be allowed into the visa hall since it in my application can am traveling with her?

Moreover I filled in the form that am going with my mom and now I have gotten a letter from school Bowen University to show my tie to Nigeria.

What do u think?
Me going with my mom is circumstances changing right and getting a letter from school to show my tie....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 11:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
lovettett:
Spykid
I n my daughters flew etihad in august 2013. We were going to London n wanted to spend some days in dubai first. I must say it was not bad at all. I ve flown emirates before. I think all those Arabian airlines ve same standard. No matter what u do pls run from arik.i had a terrible experience wt them in 2012 while coming from London. We had to check into a hotel at their expense while dey sought out their wahala

Thank you. Going to make up my mind this week. It's between Etihad and Lufthansa. Lufthansa more likely though. As for Arik, if them like they should do promo for 100k return for NYC, I'll still pass! grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ivanko: 12:09am On Aug 10, 2015
Hello everyone, I have visited America twice through Student exchange program while I was schooling in Malaysia, the last time I visited I changed my J1 visa to F1 visa which was successful, but something came up and I had to come back to nigeria now the issue is I want to go on vacation but I'm scared the CO might hold the change of status I did in my last trip against me, also in the online application form for visa, the place they put social security number, can I fill it cus I have a social security number already from my first trip. I'm just confused because I don't know what to expect when I go for my visa interview... ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 12:38am On Aug 10, 2015
emma1996:
I was denied a tourist visa under the 214(b) section.... although I didn't present documents I was meant to.
But now I will want to travel with my mom although she has a valid visa but does she need to apply again or will she be allowed into the visa hall since it in my application can am traveling with her?

Moreover I filled in the form that am going with my mom and now I have gotten a letter from school Bowen University to show my tie to Nigeria.

What do u think?
Me going with my mom is circumstances changing right and getting a letter from school to show my tie....

Most times documents aren't checked so be sure to convey what you want heard in your ds160 as much as possible.

Your mum doesn't need to apply again, neither will she be allowed to take the interview with you. Be sure to include that she's travelling with you in your DS160.

I think your circumstance has changed not because of the letter but because of your mum travelling with you. How long ago were you denied?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 10, 2015
emma1996:

What do u think?

We generally don't look at documents during B1/B2 visa interviews.

Have your circumstances changed? Based on what you have written it doesn't sound like they have. You are welcome to re-apply but I would suggest you strongly consider the fact that another VO will probably come to the same decision after you were so recently refused unless there is some kind of big change in your circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by emma1996: 7:23am On Aug 10, 2015
circumstances like what if I may ask?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NeedMobile: 7:42am On Aug 10, 2015
Good Morning House,

Going through all the pages on this thread. Kudos to you people.

I need your advice. Am preparing for my wedding ceremony on the 6th and 7th of November. I want to apply with my spouse for a tourist visa for Honey Moon.

Is it Advisable to apply before the wedding or after because i will like to travel immediately after the wedding as my company will only give me 2 weeks leave from work.

And again i just return back to work from training in India this April. i need your advice because i already filled a DS-160 form but not submitted and again will be going to pay for the Visa fee at the GTBank this week.

Gurus, kindly advice on the best way to approach this. what are the Document you think i need to prepare apart from.

1. visa fee print out
2. ds-160 print out
3. passports
4. letter of employment
5. leave approval letter
6. court affidavit ( letter of consent from both parent)
7. bank statement.
8. pay slip
9. our introduction pictures because am choosing COMMON LAW MARRIAGE
10.hotel reservation print out for the duration of 10days

Please kindly advice. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 10, 2015
emma1996:
circumstances like what if I may ask?

Your personal, professional, and financial circumstances. Marriage, job, children, purpose of travel.

As a matter of policy we don't comment on specific cases, but unless I interviewed you it is impossible to know what exactly triggered the refusal. It may help to answer the following questions before reapplying: (1) Did I explain my situation accurately? (2) Did the consular officer overlook something? (3) Is there any additional information I can present to establish my residence and strong ties abroad?

If you stated that you are a student, they will not need a letter to prove that you are a student. If you say you are going to visit your uncle, they will not need to see an invitation letter from your uncle. These do not constitute changes in your circumstances, which are usually major life events - this is why we generally don't recommend that someone reapply within 90 days.

7 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by vallyofpeace: 8:30am On Aug 10, 2015
Please this is urgent.

I made a silly mistake on my appointment information, am going to orlando florida and will breeze in to New york.

In the column where they ask for address, i mistakenly wrote new york at the end of the address for orlando which is my arrival city.

My interview is next week. Please how can i edit the new york out of the address.

Cc: spykid014 LadyGuinivere LagosNIV
Re: Usa Visit Visa by emma1996: 8:41am On Aug 10, 2015
Yes I thinks those questions belong to me....
I didn't explain my details accurately.

like a month ago though....

my mom travels to the US every year and I just concluded my 3rd year in the university that is after now I will not be able to apply again because I will be doing my NYSC after my grad then getting a job as well as my Masters degree so it can be tough
Re: Usa Visit Visa by emma1996: 8:51am On Aug 10, 2015
please anybody applying now I want to know if u can get an appointment these month?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by overlord77: 8:54am On Aug 10, 2015
Goddey1975:
@fanikayode,LadyG and d rest do not conspired agaist d annointed man of God whose objectives is to heartedly render divine assistance 2 ur brodas on dis forum,let me remind u guys dat similar tin occured in d scripture wen people conspired agaist Daniel.He was threw 2 d mist of lions,but wen God intervained,dose wu conspired agaist Daniel became food 2 d lions,so stop conspiracy on dis forum,cos i am of gud intention 2 help and nobody has pasted any comment here dat i ask den 4 money 4 any assistance.peace unto u all

All this calling of God doesn't change anything. You already dented and shown your true image by requesting for someone's username and password to their mailbox. People can go to any length while hustling. let's see how long this gimmick goes on for
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:46am On Aug 10, 2015
emma1996:

my mom travels to the US every year and I just concluded my 3rd year in the university that is after now I will not be able to apply again because I will be doing my NYSC after my grad then getting a job as well as my Masters degree so it can be tough
Dude. I saw ur questions earlier and wanted to reply NanaF but I saw lagosNIV so I bone am.
Your mother's travel habits will NOT be used to judge your qualification for visa (except perharps you are a minor which as a 3rd year student I doubt you are)
Personal circumstances have been explained to u by LagosNIV. If you were a student when u applied, and u are still one...if you were unmarried and u are still unmarried and so on and so forth then your circumstance HAS NOT changed. Do u comprehend?
Your mother will also NOT be allowed into the interview with u though u may carry along her passport or photocopy of biodata page
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 12:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Dude. I saw ur questions earlier and wanted to reply NanaF but I saw lagosNIV so I bone am.
Your mother's travel habits will NOT be used to judge your qualification for visa (except perharps you are a minor which as a 3rd year student I doubt you are)
Personal circumstances have been explained to u by LagosNIV. If you were a student when u applied, and u are still one...if you were unmarried and u are still unmarried and so on and so forth then your circumstance HAS NOT changed. Do u comprehend?
Your mother will also NOT be allowed into the interview with u though u may carry along her passport or photocopy of biodata page

During my interview, the V.O kept asking about travel history with my mum . He listed the countries she has been to and asked if I've ever been with her on any of the trips. We applied together. He asked over 3 times, so I thought it was significant.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by customised87: 1:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
emma1996:

Hey, do u ve any travel history? Alone or with ur mum? I applied for my visa with my mom and we got it. What i think is that the VO approved our visa mainly cos my mom travels alot and i ve also been outside the country twice even though we never travelled together. A letter of introduction from ur uni,school receipts etc can serve as a good tie. This,coupled with your travel history should give u the visa.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by duchessgoddess(f): 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hello everyone.

please I need help with this:
I plan on applying for a b1/b2 visa to the US for the purpose of childbirth. Would it help my application if my husband applies with me? Although, he can't travel this time around with me cos of work.

P.S , I don't have travel history.

Thanks so much.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
NanaF:

During my interview, the V.O kept asking about travel history with my mum . He listed the countries she has been to and asked if I've ever been with her on any of the trips. We applied together. He asked over 3 times, so I thought it was significant.
Yes it is significant in the sense that customised pointed out. If your mom is a frequent traveller and u have never gone with her, I suppose they are unwilling to be the guinea pig to test if ul return. Like I shared several times, the first time I applied and was bounced, they asked 'why have u never travelled with ur mom'. So if you have never travelled with ur mom, it dosent add or remove anything.

@Duchess same answer applies to u. If u have travelled as a family before, I believe it will count...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
vallyofpeace:
Please this is urgent.

I made a silly mistake on my appointment information, am going to orlando florida and will breeze in to New york.

In the column where they ask for address, i mistakenly wrote new york at the end of the address for orlando which is my arrival city.

My interview is next week. Please how can i edit the new york out of the address.

Cc: spykid014 LadyGuinivere LagosNIV
IMO you have 3 options;
Write to them to swap with new ds 160. Call them to expedite or
Leave it as it is and raise the issue immedately u are asked where u r going or
Write to them to swap ds160 with reasons and if they are unable to treat before your interview, its on record then you follow the 2nd option.
Hope it helps
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 4:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

hahahahahahahahaha I no be ur oga. Ur Oga dey for Alagbon..

where u are rushing to go I done dey dia over 10yrs born, vote, mess, shit and still breathing grin grin grin grin

Hope you are ok sha? you just dey talk like they just release you from somewhere. anyway. its well with you. God is able.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vallyofpeace: 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

IMO you have 3 options;
Write to them to swap with new ds 160. Call them to expedite or
Leave it as it is and raise the issue immedately u are asked where u r going or
Write to them to swap ds160 with reasons and if they are unable to treat before your interview, its on record then you follow the 2nd option.
Hope it helps

Thank you very much LadyGuinivere.

I've sent a mail to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com and i explain in the body of the mail that i wrote new york in error. I also attached copy of my passport bio data and the ds 160 form.

I got a response almost immediately. In the responds it reads (we will get back to you in 2 working days).

@LadyG I did not fill a new ds 160, i hope they can work with the information in the mail and the ds 160 confirmation bar code.

Thanks for your anticipated responds.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
vallyofpeace:

Thank you very much LadyGuinivere.

I've sent a mail to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com and i explain in the body of the mail that i wrote new york in error. I also attached copy of my passport bio data and the ds 160 form.

I got a response almost immediately. In the responds it reads (we will get back to you in 2 working days).

@LadyG I did not fill a new ds 160, i hope they can work with the information in the mail and the ds 160 confirmation bar code.

Thanks for your anticipated responds.
Still ok. Pray u meet an understanding vo.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vallyofpeace: 4:58pm On Aug 10, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Still ok. Pray u meet an understanding vo.

Thank you very much. Remain blessed.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by customised87: 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
duchessgoddess:
Hello everyone.

I plan on applying for a b1/b2 visa to the US for the purpose of childbirth. Would it help my application if my husband applies with me? Although, he can't travel this time around with me cos of work.

Thanks so much.

Hi,apply alone,let ur husband serve as ur tie to Nigeria. This will help ur application. Get a good hospital,make an appointment and get an appointment letter. Apply,get ur visa,then ur husband too can apply later that he wants to come n witness the birth (thats if he plans on coming)

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by anfanio: 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
duchessgoddess:
Hello everyone.

Thanks so much.

Yes your husband can apply as well, if granted he does not have to travel with you or travel at all.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by papaking1(m): 11:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
LagosNIV:

We generally don't look at documents during B1/B2 visa interviews.

Have your circumstances changed? Based on what you have written it doesn't sound like they have. You are welcome to re-apply but I would suggest you strongly consider the fact that another VO will probably come to the same decision after you were so recently refused unless there is some kind of big change in your circumstances.

Thats interesting, so what do you normally look out for in B1/B2 interviews cos i have an interview on Aug 18th. thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by papaking1(m): 11:41pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hello House, myself and a friend have appointment on the 18th to attend a conference. in our preparation, i said i will tell the VO that three of my four kids are triplets if asked about my children. My friend feels that is a bad idea cos the VO will think i am trying to play on his/her emotions. the matter caused an argument between us so we decided to bring the matter here while staking some cash on whose side the argument will go.

So please house, will my telling the VO that i have triplets when asked about my children be a bad idea? HELP OUT PLEASE.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adewoleray: 5:45am On Aug 11, 2015
papaking1:
Hello House, myself and a friend have appointment on the 18th to attend a conference. in our preparation, i said i will tell the VO that three of my four kids are triplets if asked about my children. My friend feels that is a bad idea cos the VO will think i am trying to play on his/her emotions. the matter caused an argument between us so we decided to bring the matter here while staking some cash on whose side the argument will go.

So please house, will my telling the VO that i have triplets when asked about my children be a bad idea? HELP OUT PLEASE.
The VO might only ask if u have children, and answer will either be YES or No, and if he ask ''how many kids''just mention 4, and don't be desperate to start saying u have triplets, etc. That shows desperation
Answer exactly what u re asked by the VO, no addition
Thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.