Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062691 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by BBluv2015: 4:43pm On Sep 08, 2015
House, am i suppose to go with photocopy of all my doc to d embassy?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oyibo4real: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
No mind me LadyG, i replied u in d other thread. Olodo me grin. I said my bro in law is already undergoing some training right nw. Lol. As for d puff puff, u deserve more dan dat. Its only God dat can pay u enough 4 ur immense contributions here, remain blessed for ever
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lovettett(f): 6:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Pls any idea about fares to new York for December?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2015
lovettett:
Pls any idea about fares to new York for December?
Ask google.com , ask.com , wakanow.com or skyscanner.com
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kajoula(m): 9:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Kajuola at least u achieved something today na! U see patoranking . Even if u no get visa ur day is made. No be so?
Lemme guess your 4 questions
Where are u going to
What for?
What do u do?
Have u travelled before?
Correct me if I'm wrong pls grin

Hey nigga
"it wasn't me" I quoted who saw patoranking
and I asked him to tell us what he heard the VO say
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
kajoula:

Hey nigga
"it wasn't me" I quoted who saw patoranking
and I asked him to tell us what he heard the VO say
Thanks for the correction. At the bolded though shocked shocked . Not very civil (or christian) #shrugs and walks away
I'm a lady sha o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 9:17am On Sep 09, 2015
belloluddy:
Pls does anyone know the website of conferences

If you don't know by now then I'm not sure why you want to apply for a conference.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemmy26(m): 9:55am On Sep 09, 2015
my visa just got approved today in lagos..mine, wife and 6 month son. Transcript would be sent shortly. Its God and this forum helped me alot

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by hoomogh(m): 10:48am On Sep 09, 2015
I have my September appointment booked with my old passport expiring dis December 2015. But it was renewed recently and the Old passport was cancelled @ the passport office and both old and new passports are currently with me. Could you please advice me on how to validate my appointment with the new passport number without loosing my appointment date. Waiting in anticipation
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Garbdun: 11:03am On Sep 09, 2015
I need to travel to the United state of america come this year November december, pls I need your help on how to get a place I can really enjoy my stay there
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:17am On Sep 09, 2015
Garbdun:
I need to travel to the United state of america come this year November december, pls I need your help on how to get a place I can really enjoy my stay there
Ask google for 'an enjoyable place to stay in the US' and ask booking.com for hotels in the place of your choice
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:18am On Sep 09, 2015
hoomogh:
I have my September appointment booked with my old passport expiring dis December 2015. But it was renewed recently and the Old passport was cancelled @ the passport office and both old and new passports are currently with me. Could you please advice me on how to validate my appointment with the new passport number without loosing my appointment date. Waiting in anticipation
Only the embassy can sort the issue so email and call them
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:45am On Sep 09, 2015
Hello Nana
Hello Greengooner #justsaying hi
Please eh general question . Folks come here. Start with 'I'm an avid reader of this thread. Iv learnt so much and want to travel to the US but I have a problem. I want...'
Then they ask questions like
1. Can I have the link for the US embassy
2. How much are tickets on so month
3. Can I have the nos for the embassy
4. What are the likely questions during the interview
And lots more
Most of these questions require the 'helper' to conduct a search on google or an independent site . I ask myself , why can't the asker do this himself? People wanna go US without working hard.
Serzly these questions are maddening. #endofventing
I just remembered an interview I overheard when me go aPply for my own visa
Vo -what do u do for a living
Ans: a welder
Vo: what do u want to do in the US
Ans: to find my hand
VO: sorry we cannot give u at this point
Ans: I would like to know why
Even me sef follow laugh.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by kajoula(m): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Thanks for the correction. At the bolded though shocked shocked . Not very civil (or christian) #shrugs and walks away
I'm a lady sha o

grin Sorry bout that grin....was ina bid to reject patoranking for my visa and make it vise versa.....that name I guess he's a cloth designer.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kobe79: 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I'm a lady sha o

#comotjoor
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
kobe79:

#comotjoor
Ok . After u o!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dmt1981: 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dear Forum, help me give God all the Glory. My US Visa was approved this morning at the lagos consulate. The interview didn't last upto two minutes. Here's transcript.

Me: Good Morning Sir
VO: Good Morning
VO: pls pass your passport and ds160 ( he picks my passport and goes through my visas and stamps: by the way I've visited Dubai, south Africa and Kenya)
VO: What do you do for a living here in Nigeria?( he still looking through my passport)
Me: I'm a Business Manager at a Computer and phone wholesale company.
VO: OK, where are you going to in the United states?
Me: New York
VO: what's your reason for travel sir(@ this point VO is typing continuously on his system)
Me: Tourism vacation
VO: are you married sir?
Me: No Sir I'm not married.
VO: How long will you be staying in the United states?
Me: 14days.

Then the VO says just a sec sir and goes with my passport to another window and comes back,
Then he says OK sir your visa has been approved and circles the pick up spot on the white paper.

Points to note: Be confident and precise in your response, don't answer what you weren't asked. Look smart and it must not be a suit or tie. And look directly into the consular's eyes when answering your question. Hey its just a visa and not a million dollar cheque! And never forget to Commit everything to God, trust me he answers prayers from the heart..Cheers house!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
kajoula:

grin Sorry bout that grin....was ina bid to reject patoranking for my visa and make it vise versa.....that name I guess he's a cloth designer.
No wahala at all.
I was actually teasing u @boja28
Apologies if I offended u as well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by BBluv2015: 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
Today was my interview at the embassy and this was how it went
VO: What are u going do in America
Me: To visit my younger brother, go for vacation and spend my leave
VO: Have u traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: No
VO: Where do u work?
Me: I work with ............. (govt worker)
VO: What do u do there?
Me: I am a ............, ................, .................
All the while the interview was on, VO was typing on his system
VO: Go and collect ur visa early next week
Me: Ok
VO: Enjoy ur trip
Me: Thanks
Thank God i got it with virgin passport. It is the Lord's doing o. It was God at work not man. I prayed and told God that i should not be ask any question that will make me tell lies or sin against Him and the Lord answered me. Believe God and u will get it.
Thanks all.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
So many success stories today. Congrats y'all
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adeoladele(m): 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
have gone through this thread from 1 to the last page have not see anybody that his/her company is sending to their branch office in the USA

like my case, no case study to learn from, no interview sample to learn from it, to fill my form na headache. i need someone help please

please how much is visa fees now for DS-160
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kajoula(m): 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
adeoladele:

31200ngn
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NeedMobile: 4:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
@LadyGuinivere

Filling the DS-160 form, i coming back from Qatar and had a stop over at Ethiopia and was told i cant travel to Nigeria same day that we needed to wait till next day cos of change is flight schedule , so i was giving a day visa to sleep over till next day.

my question is can i add Ethiopia in the column of country you've traveled to on the DS-160 form.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemmy26(m): 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
VO: Good Morning
I and wife: Good Morning Sir
VO: pls pass your passport and ds160
VO: Where re u heading to
Me: Orlando Florida
VO: Mission?
Me: Family Vacation
VO: Do you know anyone in the US
ME: No
VO: Where actually re u going to
ME: Mentioned some few places
VO: What do you do
ME: Told him
Turned to my wife
WIFE: She told him
Looked at my son and asked if we were going to seek medical aide
I responded that we wont, then he explained that we shouldnt do so unless its gonna end up with a ban, didnt get the number of years though
VO: Are you married
Me: Yes
VO: Can i see your marriage cert
me: Showed him
Passed me a paper and told me that i could go pick up my visa in three days

In between the agents you meet and all, telling you to staple you passport to your confirmation. and also asking you to make a photocopy of your biodata page, they are all lies. Do not staple your passport to the confirmation page and also they didnt ask for any photocopy of your passport bio data page. You can imagine doing a photocopy of your biodata page as high as 500 naira... They do play on the ignorance of the individuals. All they need is your ds160 confirmation, appointment confirmation, passport photograph and your international passport.

Also ensure you fill the form your self as i did all myself and it was an easy task. They basically ask you questions based on what you fill on your form. and be truthful...avoid telling lies. They are trained to do detect lies. Once again this forum really helped a lot.

8 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
adeoladele:
have gone through this thread from 1 to the last page have not see anybody that his/her company is sending to their branch office in the USA

like my case, no case study to learn from, no interview sample to learn from it, to fill my form na headache. i need someone help please

Look at it this way. If nobody has gone from one branch to another then how can anybody help u?
There have been cases of folks being sponsored by their offices for one thing or the other so u gotta think outside the box and get what useful info u can. When u do, u can ask questions about it vis a vis ur own case. That's how life works.
Take for instance your question about cost of visa... Its on the US embassy site.
Sorry if I appear blunt or brutish but no pain no gain. There is no standard situation on all fours with anybody's case. Take your time and fill the form. All the details are about u. If u can't fill it then who can? Fill and save and edit. When u don't understand a column. Then u ask a particular question. Here no be visa agency
Pele
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
phemmy26:

Also ensure you fill the form your self as i did all myself and it was an easy task. They basically ask you questions based on what you fill on your form. and be truthful....
Cc: adeoladele pls do take note
Congrats Phemmy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
NeedMobile:
@LadyGuinivere

Filling the DS-160 form, i coming back from Qatar and had a stop over at Ethiopia and was told i cant travel to Nigeria same day that we needed to wait till next day cos of change is flight schedule , so i was giving a day visa to sleep over till next day.

my question is can i add Ethiopia in the column of country you've traveled to on the DS-160 form.

Thanks
Technically it was a real long stopover. BUT you stepped foot on ethiopia (lovely city and lovely ladies but tiny food. Lol) so I'd say put yes and explain if asked
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bodejohn(m): 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
I had the famous interview alongside my spouse today at the embassy.

I must say that it was quite a simple process although we have both travelled to the UK and Turkey on vacation.

The questions were not different from the ones already put up here;
Name of my employer... how much I earn monthly...how long we intend to stay...and then a couple of questions to my wife...what she does and what she earns...

Some few questions about a Spanish visa denial in July on my passport which has already been cancelled by a two year multiple entry granted last week by another Schengen country.

The VO gave himself out by typing rigorously on his PC and then informing us it was going to be cold in Washington by December.

Finally the "your visa is approved followed by pick your passport in 3 bussiness days".
It all ended in about 3 to 5 minutes...no single document was checked. In fact the passport photos were returned. I guess they were in a good mood today...

Wishing every other applicant all the best.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by NeedMobile: 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Technically it was a real long stopover. BUT you stepped foot on ethiopia (lovely city and lovely ladies but tiny food. Lol) so I'd say put yes and explain if asked

@LadyGuinivere ...LOL
pretty ladies. i slept over in a nice hotel but i looked around if i fit see any girl to massage me.. will put that Ethiopia ..and explain if they ask.

Thanks for that for the clarity
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hello, Can someone pls recommend a cheap hotel not too far from the embassy? An interview is coming up next week monday 9am and I will be travelling from Ibadan.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooloriredade: 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
7:00am appointment....Lagos consulate

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Your passport please
Me: Passed my passport to him
VO: Left fingers on biometric machine to confirm your biometric please
Me: Complied
VO: Where are you going?
Me: Staten Island, New York.
VO: Purpose?
Me: Vacation.
VO: Where would you like to visit in New York?
Me: Stature of liberty, empire state building, Wall street and I heard there is a famous Richmond historic town even in Staten Island.
VO: What industry do you work?
Me: Telecommunication
VO: Company?
Me: Told him
VO: What's your job function?
Me: Explained to him.
VO: Do you actually handle installations?
Me: No, we use subcontractors for installation while I handle commissioning and acceptance testing with the customer
(Any time he asks a question, he goes back to typing while I answer his questions).
VO: How long do you plan to stay?
Me: 2 weeks
VO: Why New York?
Me: Because it has a lot of tourist attractions
VO: I am sorry, you do not qualify for the type of visa you are applying for at this time. You are welcome to reapply. I going to give you a form which explains in detail.
Me: Thank you.

The VO was a gentle man nonetheless. I like his disposition, infact at some point, I thought to myself......this guy will approve my visa cheesy cheesy
No issues, I intend to reapply in 3 months time. probably start another application in October and schedule an appointment to coincide with my 3mths visa denial anniversary. Meanwhile, I have continued with real life cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooloriredade: 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
phemmy26:

In between the agents you meet and all, telling you to staple you passport to your confirmation. and also asking you to make a photocopy of your biodata page, they are all lies. Do not staple your passport to the confirmation page and also they didnt ask for any photocopy of your passport bio data page. You can imagine doing a photocopy of your biodata page as high as 500 naira... They do play on the ignorance of the individuals. All they need is your ds160 confirmation, appointment confirmation, passport photograph and your international passport.

Also ensure you fill the form your self as i did all myself and it was an easy task. They basically ask you questions based on what you fill on your form. and be truthful...avoid telling lies. They are trained to do detect lies. Once again this forum really helped a lot.

Please don't come with your phones too. I also confirmed that every square metre on the Island is prime real estate when I needed to park my car. One of the business centre operators offered to keep my car key for a token. Of course, I don tey for Lagos. Car keys and wrist watches are the only battery powered devices allowed inside.

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.