Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062701 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Cmeo(m): 5:27am On Sep 06, 2015
@nextedge
Yes, she was given. They told her the visa will be ready in 2 working days.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by DebsMed: 5:48am On Sep 06, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Deb and Nana, What I meant by #partialSponsorship
'Who will sponsor ur trip?' Options- Myself. Another Person. Myself and another person. I believe that's the way it is couched in the form...
Everybody or almost everybody at a point plays the visa lottery . It has never counted against anybody.
Honeymoon at a friend's house? Epic mistake. No matter the relationship, the story no just jell. U guys should have used a hotel reservation. U can apply again for the visit abi vacation to stay with the same friend. Its not honeymoon now. Your previous travel histories to Lome etc sadly dosent hold much sway with VOs. BUT, if u fill your form properly and remain consistent I think the odds may be in your favour. U may also try getting history to some other place

Thanks lots Lady G and NanaF.... Aha! @LadyG, that's one major one you just drew my attention to now that makes the interview hurt me the more seeing there was no lead question to most of the directions that would have helped my case and I still feel the "outside the box approach" seems more suitable to deploy in lacing one's case (almost jettisoning that thought now though). Aside initially arriving and staying at his abode, It was part of our two weeks itinerary to enjoy an all expense paid trip to LA and/or Vegas for 5 days on our hosts expense depending on which was most convenient for us all but it was sure going to be one of both. Himself and family were to join us for the weekend, then we all return to their state to spend the remainder time together till we leave them for NY to pass two nights before coming back home to Naija. Well, there was neither an opportunity to express these either in the DS160 form or during the interview. The interview outcome did deflate my confidence at the time. I really don't want to go there "unarmed" or "unlectured" again, that's why I'm here (I go surely jack this thread finish before this year go finish, dem go hia my own wen I show dia again). Will fill and defend SELF as sponsor next time (even though hubby and friend will do the actual footing of my trip's bills). How about leaving hubby out of the trip this time (intend using him as "collateral" with the Embassy as I travel, lolzzzz)? But those visa approval determining factors they hide sha, it's not a good thing oh! Will come here to share my transcript soonest hopefully.... God bless thee!

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 10:09am On Sep 06, 2015
DebsMed:

Thanks lots Lady G and NanaF.... Aha! @LadyG, that's one major one you just drew my attention to now that makes the interview hurt me the more seeing there was no lead question to most of the directions that would have helped my case and I still feel the "outside the box approach" seems more suitable to deploy in lacing one's case (almost jettisoning that thought now though). Aside initially arriving and staying at his abode, It was part of our two weeks itinerary to enjoy an all expense paid trip to LA and/or Vegas for 5 days on our hosts expense depending on which was most convenient for us all but it was sure going to be one of both. Himself and family were to join us for the weekend, then we all return to their state to spend the remainder time together till we leave them for NY to pass two nights before coming back home to Naija. Well, there was neither an opportunity to express these either in the DS160 form or during the interview. The interview outcome did deflate my confidence at the time. I really don't want to go there "unarmed" or "unlectured" again, that's why I'm here (I go surely jack this thread finish before this year go finish, dem go hia my own wen I show dia again). Will fill and defend SELF as sponsor next time (even though hubby and friend will do the actual footing of my trip's bills). [b]How about leaving hubby out of the trip this time (intend using him as "collateral" with the Embassy as I travel, lolzzzz)? [/b]But those visa approval determining factors they hide sha, it's not a good thing oh! Will come here to share my transcript soonest hopefully.... God bless thee!

Please did I miss out where you said you were married to a man? Your profile says (m)...just curious
Re: Usa Visit Visa by DebsMed: 11:31am On Sep 06, 2015
[/color][color=#000099]
thegreengooner:

Please did I miss out where you said you were married to a man? Your profile says (m)...just curious

Oh, okay @curious thegreengooner: Kindly revert to 'our' first post, previous page, last paragraph in order to catch the drift, it was always there.... 'We' are both bringing in the input, it's now officially 'our' (m & f) handle here. Thanks, thanks.

NB: Any guide from your end?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
thegreengooner:

Chaie! shocked grin
#sealedlips
Curiousity na em kill the bussu o!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by belloluddy: 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
Pls I want to ask. If I want to buy a plane ticket for my family to New York, will my kids, ages 3 and 7 , pay the same fare with me and their dad ? Is there something like the minors paying lesser flight ticket fees ?
Thanks as usual
Re: Usa Visit Visa by DebsMed: 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Chaie! shocked grin
#sealedlips
Curiousity na em kill the bussu o!

Lolzzzz @LadyG! Thanks a lot, will ask questions when the need arises....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teejaykary: 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
Am highly interested to go to USA,kindly show me d way.Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
Teejaykary:
Am highly interested to go to USA,kindly show me d way. Thanks.

Very easy...turn right after yaba left

10 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isiri: 12:40am On Sep 07, 2015
justwise:

The form is here https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ , you complete it online and submit.

Follow the instruction its easy.

Thanks Boss, the site open but start application not opening. cant I use my phone or should I go to cafe and fill the form . andagain, do I need to print the form out after have done with filling. Sir, I will msg u if I don't understand some question in it or need advice. sorry for the inconvenience.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 07, 2015
Isiri:

Thanks Boss, the site open but start application not opening. cant I use my phone or should I go to cafe and fill the form . andagain, do I need to print the form out after have done with filling. Sir, I will msg u if I don't understand some question in it or need advice. sorry for the inconvenience.

it couldn't start an application because you did not select where you are applying from. you can use your phone; depends on your phone browser and its version. I'll recommend you use a computer though. the only thing you will need to print out is the confirmation page. after you've completed and submitted the form, you will be taken to the confirmation page.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 9:18am On Sep 07, 2015
DebsMed:
[/color][color=#000099]

Oh, okay @curious thegreengooner: Kindly revert to 'our' first post, previous page, last paragraph in order to catch the drift, it was always there.... 'We' are both bringing in the input, it's now officially 'our' (m & f) handle here. Thanks, thanks.

NB: Any guide from your end?

You're over complicating your application. Start from the basics i.e. the fundamentals and build it up from them.

The purpose of your trip should justify your itinerary not the other way round. This your 'outside the box' approach is a first for me...keep it simple.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adeoladele(m): 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
Please I need your help

I work with an oil company in Lagos we also have branch in usa and ghana, my take home salary is 145,000, am currently paying a loan of 45,000 every month which will end by December.
My company wants to send me an official assignment to our branch in Baltimore for two weeks
My fear
I may not have up to 200k in my account before I apply for visa
Document that I guess I will be needed
1. Introduction letter from my Lagos company
2. Invitation letter from Houston branch
3. My wedding certificate
4. My wedding, family, and my child dedication pictures
5. My statement of account for the past six months
6. My passport data page
7. My appointment letter
8. And my company ID card
9. My company statement of account
10. My company CAC certificate
Questions
What is the likely question from the embassy?
What document do I need to have?
If visa granted I plan to visit a friend in Maryland wont that destroy my travel record since I will not tell them a going?
What is the assurance of visa?
Please don’t insult am new to the system

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
adeoladele:
Please I need your help

I work with an oil company in Lagos we also have branch in usa and ghana, my take home salary is 145,000, am currently paying a loan of 45,000 every month which will end by December.
My company wants to send me an official assignment to our branch in Baltimore for two weeks
My fear
I may not have up to 200k in my account before I apply for visa
Document that I guess I will be needed
1. Introduction letter from my Lagos company
2. Invitation letter from Houston branch
3. My wedding certificate
4. My wedding, family, and my child dedication pictures
5. My statement of account for the past six months
6. My passport data page
7. My appointment letter
8. And my company ID card
9. My company statement of account
10. My company CAC certificate
Questions
What is the likely question from the embassy?
What document do I need to have?
If visa granted I plan to visit a friend in Maryland wont that destroy my travel record since I will not tell them a going?
What is the assurance of visa?
Please don’t insult am new to the system

Thanks
I'll start from the last. Nobody insults anybody. Rather people are told the blunt truth especially the fellows that want to absond or are too lazy to work hard for themselves and want to hang on other folks hard work.
Money in ur account? I believe this ought not be an issue since it is a sponsored trip. U may still need to carry your statement for proof of salary AND the company's statement and letter of sponsorship from the bank.
Likely questions? I won't answer that. This is where your hardwork comes to play. You have to read the thread/transcripts and deduce likely questions.
Assurance of visa? Nobody can give u that (unless the person carry jazz cheesy )
All I can say is married with kid is a good tie. Hope de cheesy
Have u travelled before?
Your docx are ok. If them go look am sef.
Did u say passport biodata page or the whole passport?
Finally, if u have a valid US visa it is well within your rights to visit anywhere in the US within the time permitted in your visa. Though to avoid poe issues, land for ur work thingie ist before the pleasure trip

@the person that asked if to print the ds 160, u are not required to, but after several years of filling forms I advice folks to print before submitting. Reason: its easier to detect mistakes on paper than on a pc AND you get to keep the record of what u filled for next applications ( no be say make u come lie on top this application o!)

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by adeoladele(m): 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
thanks for the reply, am sorry for the statement have used to people insulting in nairaland that was i pleaded.

have not travel before

letter of sponsorship from the bank, Our hr didn't mention this please how can i explain to get them. the above documents are the one they said they we provide for me.

thanks waiting for your response
Re: Usa Visit Visa by onyekachi122: 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
Is anybody home I want to know when last they have issue for visiting people because the deny me visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
adeoladele:
thanks for the reply, am sorry for the statement have used to people insulting in nairaland that was i pleaded.

have not travel before

letter of sponsorship from the bank, Our hr didn't mention this please how can i explain to get them. the above documents are the one they said they we provide for me.

thanks waiting for your response
Uused the wrong title. Sorry
Bank reference letter. The company's bank basically verifies the signatories of the account and indicate that the signatories ae willing to sponsor Mr. Adeoladele. Its attached to the statement. Costs between 2k1 to 3k5 depending on the bank
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
onyekachi122:
Is anybody home I want to know when last they have issue for visiting people because the deny me visa

What a suprise undecided

onyekachi122:
I have travel before, but I Ober stay in the country I went to. The type of letter am traveling with is a visiting letter. I need am advise concerning my over stay in the other country I went to I hope it will not be a problem to the interview am going soon
onyekachi122:
MORNING SIR/MA

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP AM GOING TO EMBASSY SOON, BUT I NEED A HELP FROM YOU BECAUSE I WANT TO LEARN MORE FROM U. AM A FOOTBALLER MY CLUB GAVE A LETTER BECAUSE I WANT TO GO AND VISIT MY COUSIN IN USA. I HAVE A QUESTION TO ANSWER, IF THEY SHOULD ASK ME WHAT ARE THE CHANCES INEW ME. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME WHAT THE ANSWER
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
onyekachi122:

Oga, what did you fill on your form, and what did the interviewer tell you...you can type in pidgin if you want.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
thegreengooner:

Oga, what did you fill on your form, and what did the interviewer tell you...you can type in pidgin if you want.
Or igbo. I can translate...

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by good4all: 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
A friend of mine met his American fiancée on FB close to two years ago, due to one reason or the other his fiancé can't come to Nigeria, but she wants to invite him to the States, can she do so? If yes what are the requirements needed on her side to send to my friend?

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isiri: 12:31am On Sep 08, 2015
iRyan:
it couldn't start an application because you did not select where you are applying from. you can use your phone; depends on your phone browser and its version. I'll recommend you use a computer though. the only thing you will need to print out is the confirmation page. after you've completed and submitted the form, you will be taken to the confirmation page.

thank u
Re: Usa Visit Visa by boja28(m): 11:01am On Sep 08, 2015
Who saw Patorankin 2day @ d embassy? Him with all him frnds were all granted. As for me dem deny me o! Just 4 questions. (I dey go for conference where I wud be presenting a research paper) and dem still deny me. O ga ooo! Anyway, I go try anoda time sha.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kajoula(m): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2015
boja28:
Who saw Patorankin 2day @ d embassy? Him with all him frnds were all granted. As for me dem deny me o! Just 4 questions. (I dey go for conference where I wud be presenting a research paper) and dem still deny me. O ga ooo! Anyway, I go try anoda time sha.

What four questions did the VO ask you ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oyibo4real: 11:59am On Sep 08, 2015
And here comes my testimony! Praise the Lord! Alleluya!!! God is so wonderful, i'm rilly grateful 2 him. To d great people of God in ds forum, may God continue 2 bless u all in Jesus name, Amen!!!. And nw my goodnews, we had our interview 2day n was granted visa(virgin passports wt no travel history at all?

I started following ds thread after we(me, hubby, our 1yr plus son and my brother in law who is below 18yrs.) applied 4 visa n there was a time i asked a question concerning my application on wether 2 fill another ds-160 since i nw have intention of delivering my 2nd child over there(wch was not stated in d form). Another issue then wch i also tabled 2 d house was my bro in law dat we included in d application. A very big thank 'yous' 2 Phema, LadyG Andyanders n Olokings 4 their wonderful response, it rilly helped. As God may have it, we went, we saw n we conquered wtout much stress. The following is d transcript:

Me n hubby: good morning
Vo: good morning
Vo: may i have ur passports pls?
Me: here they are
Vo: why do u want 2 travel 2 d US?
Me n hubby: we were answering at d same time since d question was nt directed 2 anybody in particular. So i had 2 ask who may answer n Vo said any of us. N my hubby said for vacation n childbirth
Vo: what do u do?
Hubby: i work as station manager wt *****coy
Wife: i work as a call centre agent.
Vo: how much do u earn?
Hubby: 500k
Me: 85k
Vo: have u contacted any doc. over there?
Me: yes
Vo: may i see the correspondece?
Me: handed over d documents n she went thru dem.
Vo: why did u choose Texas?
Me: cos dats wia i got d best hospital after my research
Vo: how long are u going to stay?
Hubby: 14 days, n my wife wil stay behind for her delivery.
Vo: ma how long do you intend to stay for ur delivery?
Me: i wasn't prepared for dat question at all. I was stammering wen i answered 8weeks.
Vo: are u going to stay in a hotel?
Me: yes i already have a reservation.
Vo: who is going to sponsor d trip?
Me: points at hubby n at d same time says him
Hubby: me
Vo: How much is in ur account?
Me: moves to bring out our statement of accounts.
Vo: dont worry, jst tell me d amount.
Hubby: one is 11m and d other 700k
Vo: hands over one paper n says our visas have bn approved dat we should pick our passports in 2 days time at d circled address on d paper.

Na so my people oo! Its jst d favour of God, coupled wt d info frm ds thread. I hope ds is gonna help some people. Once again, thanks 2 u all dat have bn contributing positively 2 ds thread, more power 2 ur strength. Let me cool my head jare, over excitement dey worry me grin

15 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by oyibo4real: 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
Y[quote author=kajoula post=37792919]
What four questions did the VO ask you ?[/quote

I saw patoranking, we were for 7:30am grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
Oyibo4real congrats o! I rem your story. Na your smallie bro in law get luck o! Una own pure sinceeeee. Tell him e must baby sit ehhhhhhh. Na e go throw all the diaber and change am cos una don try werr well for am! Lol
Safe trip and safe delivery. Buy poff poff wen u de return o!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by craymond: 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
Good afternoon house...I need an help,Myself and my wife have both applied for a visa both both denied at separate times and it was filled by an agent.I have decided to give it a try once again after numerous travel history and status changed.I filled the ds-160 form but when about creating a new profile to book an appointment,i was told the information is already attached to an existing profile and i cant create a new and the agent told me he cant remember those information........HOW CAN I GO THROUGH THIS HURDLE?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
craymond:
Good afternoon house...I need an help,Myself and my wife have both applied for a visa both both denied at separate times and it was filled by an agent.I have decided to give it a try once again after numerous travel history and status changed.I filled the ds-160 form but when about creating a new profile to book an appointment,i was told the information is already attached to an existing profile and i cant create a new and the agent told me he cant remember those information........HOW CAN I GO THROUGH THIS HURDLE?
What's the hurdle?
Email or passport nos?
If emailgo through the forgot password route.
If passport nos call the embassy. The nos has been shared here or u google it.
Either way sef I suggest u call the embassy. I have this unproved personal theory that those that call the embassy get the visa cheesy

Kajuola at least u achieved something today na! U see patoranking . Even if u no get visa ur day is made. No be so?
Lemme guess your 4 questions
Where are u going to
What for?
What do u do?
Have u travelled before?
Correct me if I'm wrong pls grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by belloluddy: 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
Pls does anyone know the website of conferences

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.