Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,725 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead (40553 Views)

NTA Broadcaster, Aisha Bello Is Dead / How Much Does An Estate Surveyor And Valuers Earn Per Month In Nigeria / How Much Does A Surveyor Earn Per Month In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by ikorodureporta: 2:59am On Sep 03, 2020
Nigeria’s oldest practicing Surveyor, Alli dies at 99, buried in Ibadan [PHOTOS]

Oldest practicing surveyor in Nigeria, Surveyor Lasisi Alli is dead.

Our correspondent learnt that Alli who marked his 99th birthday two weeks ago, died on Tuesday at his Oke Odo Ibadan residence.

Alli, a distinguished and highly respected community leader, was the founder of Ibadan Improvement Union, an indigenous sociocultural organization established in 1958.

DAILY POST gathered that Alli was a dedicated surveyor, who contributed to the growth of the profession and was renowned for high ethical standards and professional integrity.

Our correspondent reports that the Ibadan born surveyor who was born on August 16th, 1929 has been buried according to Islamic rites.

At the burial which took place at his residence in Ibadan on Tuesday were Chairman, Nigerian Institution of Surveyors (NIS) Oyo State chapter, Surveyor Aderemi Kobiowu, immediate past Chairman of NIS, Surveyor Ola Shiyanbola and other members of Oyo State branch of NIS, President, Central Council of Ibadan Indigenes (CCII), Chief Yemi Soladoye, former Secretary to Oyo State Government, Mr. Olalekan Alli, children of the deceased and other family members.

Kobiowu who spoke with journalists after the burial described Alli as a model to other surveyors.

He said, “Today, we are doing the burial of papa Alli. He was born 99 years ago. About 5 or 6 years ago, we started a lecture for him because of his roles in the institution. Baba Alli happened to be a model for all of us who are surveyors. Even when we have meetings outside the state, baba used to follow us even up to the last five years.

“When we observed this that Baba cannot go with us anymore, we introduced a lecture for him, so we do lectures for Baba every year when he is doing his birthday. Unfortunately, we could not do the birthday this year, but we all came to his house to celebrate the birthday with him. Unfortunately, God took him eighteen days after the 99 birthday”.

Kobiowu added that the next older persons to Alli in the profession are 92-year-old Surveyor who is in Enugu and another 91-year-old Surveyor who is currently in Ile-Ife.

He said, “Yes, it is true Baba is the oldest practicing Surveyor in Nigeria. He is the oldest and we thank God for that. This is because he lived a very good life. He was one time a Chairman. He is the oldest, the next person is in Enugu, the man is around 92, and we have someone who is 91, Baba Awoyele who is in Ile-Ife.”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/09/02/nigerias-oldest-practicing-surveyor-alli-dies-at-99-buried-in-ibadan-photos/

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Abboki: 10:47am On Sep 03, 2020
A fulfilled life

Toscarel:
Ftc, abboki Geraout from my front

RIP sir, you left a beautiful mark.

Lol. Go again.. onwebe di ife ifu

Am 2 jenjelos

6 Likes

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Toscarel: 10:48am On Sep 03, 2020
Ftc, abboki Geraout from my front

RIP sir, you left a beautiful mark.

24 Likes

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by rentAcock(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2020
This is a true hero
A legend actually
His skills are so valuable, he could've travelled abroad
But he chose to stay back home to make a positive impact
He lived a long life and he should be celebrated
I only wish he saw 100 just because it has a nice ring to it
RIP true compatriot

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2020
Rip baba he lived a fulfilled life....

Surveyors and beacon number well I enjoyed working with some of them.....

3 Likes

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Kusheer(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2020
Rip man

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by HayB100(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2020
RIP sir

2 Likes

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Offpoint: 10:48am On Sep 03, 2020
99 that's age I want to transit beyonder.

Sleep well senior citizens, may the creator reward you according to your service to humanity.

8 Likes

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Roon9(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2020
R.I.p Sir

1 Like

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Bugatie(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2020
May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Queenlovely(f): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2020
the old will give way to the new.

I pray it happens in Nigeria politicians
Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Vyzz: 10:49am On Sep 03, 2020
cool

We have lost so many great and good people in this 2020...

This leaves me wondering if GOD is taking the hood guys one by one and leaving the bad ones behind to do as the wish

Anyways R I P

1 Like

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 03, 2020
RIP sir

1 Like

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by starbuck(f): 10:49am On Sep 03, 2020
He lived a fulfilled life....

Greet my mom for me if you see this post wink

3 Likes

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Ikem11(m): 10:49am On Sep 03, 2020
When I reach that age I will kneel and thank God for a life well spent. Rip

3 Likes

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Demmtek(m): 10:50am On Sep 03, 2020
BABA don finally established is benchmark, May his soul rest in perfect peace right on the zenith of the observer.

4 Likes

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Ikem11(m): 10:50am On Sep 03, 2020
RAYMOND0753:
Rip
This 9ja bet thing again?
Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by brosom(m): 10:50am On Sep 03, 2020
He won't be recognized in a shit-hole country
R.I.P.
Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by lekki1444: 10:50am On Sep 03, 2020
shocked now he can go and survey the great beyond undecided
Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Esielah: 10:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Wow, na them dem

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Kingpele(m): 10:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Ok when God says is ok .. But we pray to die old.. RIP great man

1 Like

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by laosy(m): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2020
Goodbye baba

1 Like

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Righteousness89(m): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2020
Highly Privileged Age..

I Believe He has longed Made Peace with God and was just waiting to be taken Home..

Prayers for the Family..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by NobleAngell(f): 10:53am On Sep 03, 2020
He lived to his full age. Rip

1 Like

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 03, 2020
Blessed memory

1 Like

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by NobleAngell(f): 10:53am On Sep 03, 2020
lekki1444:
shocked now he can go and survey the great beyond undecided
I can't believe I laughed at this. U no well.
Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by Openbusiness: 10:53am On Sep 03, 2020
RIP sir. Long life and good health is one of the biggest blessings a man can get from God.

2 Likes

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by jericco1(m): 10:54am On Sep 03, 2020
How can someone born in 1929 be 99 years old. Are you people normal? angry angry

You could have just go straight to 1921 rather than confusing your ancestors. The reporter did a very poor job

2 Likes

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:54am On Sep 03, 2020
Surveyor Lasisi Alli it is so good that some of us @[b][/b] met you in this life before your demise.

Rest in perfect peace Good man.

He was a Great man.

He lived a Good life.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead by money121(m): 10:54am On Sep 03, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Sent The Wrong Salary Schedule To The Bank / Top 5 High Paying Side Hustles For Working Class People / 9 Clear Signs You Will Be Poor - FinancialSlot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.