Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) (93742 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan / Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by EMMY76: 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
englishmart:
Two young lovers from Okija, Anambra State reportedly took their lives by drinking a poisonous substance (sniper) because their parents refused to give their consents to their getting married to each other.

https://www./251102935417443/permalink/1030420210819041/?app=fbl

Anambra is always on the news lately for all the wrong reasons. They took a very bad decision now they are surely going to end in hell for taking the lives they never knew how it was created.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by wonder233: 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
If only they knew they don't need their parents consent to get married. The decision to get married solely reside with the two individuals not parents, not relatives, not religious leaders.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by sageb: 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
Suicide is not an option, they should have travel to another place. Nigerian version Romeo and Juliet.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by alphabbey1(m): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2020
TroubleMaker47:
Low budget Romeo and Juliet!
as in, I tire.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Bewiseedet(m): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2020
Who parents epp? Una stupid to die because of parent consent. For me I don't give a Bleep about parent.

1 Like

Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by pwansunriseteam: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
They both lack common sense. What I can see here is purely lack of sense. How can you take your own life because of presssure, why not Elope to another location.
Meanwhile Osu Caste system should be abolished entirely in Igbo Land.

1 Like

Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Ladyvixen: 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2020
This action wasn't the best at all, just like Nollywood. Their death isn't a guarantee that the law will be abolished

What will they tell the creator embarassed embarassed
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Hezmatosky: 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2020
One of them must be mentally deranged. But its unfortunate the other danced to the tone. Am sure they might be regretting by now. Even their families won't honour them and God also. because God has already warned 'thou shalt not kill ' and they did.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Mascot57: 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2020
professore:
Instead of them to run to another part of the earth and live their lives, they decided to run outside the planet.
maybe that may be the fast means of transportation(escape);(
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Emyogalanya: 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
Mistakemaker:
Awwall the cursed backward worthless shithole village of Anambra is at it again.. No good news from this state except cursed worthless news.. No wonder Anambra is cursed grin grin grin grin cheesy
Watch out for your ban
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by izraeleezee(m): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
Naija Romeo and Juliet!
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by GiZcorp: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
....And they decided to run beyond the borders of the Earth. This one concern them o

Meanwhile for your professional logo design, flex, flyers, Complimentary card etc... chat me up 08181775862
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by CaseSensitive(m): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
"Mumuism" with new levels. What happened to living your lives regardless of what people think or say? I bet they've been watching too much nollywood nonsense. Nonsense and ingredients.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by abdul824: 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
wow..so romantic ;Dwow..so romantic
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Sanchez01: 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
loosecanon50:
This is really sad. So this osu outcast shiyt is still in effect in some states? But they would have kuku eloped instead of towing this path. Hope their parents are happy now. See as dem keep sniper for side like say na trophy for committing suicide sad
Not in some but ALL. Ignore the social media facade for once. The Osu Caste system isn't going away anytime soon.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Starke(m): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
Typical Nigerian response to issues.
Everyone seems to be fixated on bashing the couple instead of concentrating on the message they used their very lives to transmit.

Talking about the afterlife and shit you are not even sure exists while pretentiously making their own hypocrisy ridden lives appear perfect.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Seebrian(m): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
The early National Assembly pass legislation on this Osu caste system curtail further discrimination the better. Despite the ongoing awareness on AIT base on movie title Silence Prejudice, my Igbo brethren remain adamant about the whole situation.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by IMAliyu(m): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nawa o.
Romeo and Juliet things.

Anyway when someone decides to take their own life, their is often very little you can do to stop them.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Emmyola6196: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
well, I kind of feel that this couple was killed by a third party and I call for proper investigation. 1 if they really drank that sniper, it is almost impossible to die in such a position like that. 2 they are meant to struggle till death due to the effect of the poison, how come the paper and the sniper bottle remain carefully placed beside each other. and how come the bedspread wasn't even rough. I suggest that a thourough forensic analysis
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by gariepinus: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Fake news...rubbish..
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by faceland: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
This is too sick... and look at the handwriting. I never knew adults are capable of romieo and juleth type of love
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Essence20(m): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Pathetic...
Thought this nonsensical tradition has been abolished years ago.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by faceland: 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
professore:
Instead of them to run to another part of the earth and live their lives, they decided to run outside the planet.
they don't even need to run anywhere (if they are self-reliant).
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Adrian9(m): 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
Mumu dem!
God give you life,good food with mouth to eat and a fantastic tongue to taste, eyes to see and appreciate colors.
You find love too, and you make wetin your parents think about you worry you soteyy you take your life!
Ungratefulness no dey wey big pass this one o
Carry your baby travel go start family after court don make your marriage legal! If you like,do it behind your parents back and God will still bless it! When God blesses your marriage nobody can curse it! Parental blessing is just an addition o!
Now una just die,and sniper don pepper una throat before una die!
Simple thing o!
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Emyogalanya: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
wonder233:
If only they knew they don't need their parents consent to get married. The decision to get married solely reside with the two individuals not parents, not relatives, not religious leaders.
Carry your ignorance go your own villa not here this is igboland. Even in the common law parental consent is needed plus witnesses. Just try carry one girl enter court and tell them you want to marry her and see if they will wed you at once
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by lamaooo(m): 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
two idiots

angry angry
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Germi9: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
wasted handwriting
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Hamburgfinest(m): 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
TroubleMaker47:
Low budget Romeo and Juliet!
. Both of them are on drugs,when two lovers are high on cannabis or something that’s how they reason.

Marriage that after one year they will start to manage themselves,quarrelling and settling all the time.
In a civilised world they both suppose go through drug taste.
And the state prosecutor will charge them if convicted will jail them.Their remains will be seize by government and it will be a lesson to some people......
Please if you have a challenge in life,call upon God the alpha and omega...don’t ever go for alcohol and drugs,it will increase your problems 100 times
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Sanchez01: 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
Unified07:
Every true Igbo son and daughter should endeavor to marry through his or her tribe

Don't go and commit suicide and blame it on what u should have avoided period,no RIP to them
They are both Igbos. What could be more than tribe than that? You should be speaking up against the Osu Caste scourge and not what it is you are on about.

I don'tunderstand why someone will consider another human as a sub-human. Ironically, you share the same colour, speak the same language, eat the same delicacies, evendo business with them but when it comes to personal relationships, families kick and forbid it.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by prciouschika(f): 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
This life no just balance.... someone in the hospital right now is begging God for life and this ones just took their's like it's nothing cry may Jah have them in his memory. Amen

No matter what suicide isn't the best option...we all have our personal and family problems, me that is typing have seen 99 wetin remain make e be 100 But we all have to have faith in God.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by mozona(m): 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
Am not understanding again.....

The writing is from the girl though.
Re: 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) by Darlingboy4sure(m): 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
Stupidity at its peak!
Wen there are other better options.

Now who won Village pple or themselves!

Anambra version of Romeo and Juliet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Igbo Attire And Its Meaning / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / Uncommon Yoruba Names For Boys And Girls – See List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.