Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,422 members, 7,861,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:12 AM

Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy (22397 Views)

How Successive Governments Received Abacha's Loot / Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me / Past Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy ― Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Walelavender(m): 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2020
This government lives so much on lies and propaganda. Before "there was no subsidy to we only pay for under-recovery to we have removed subsidy". They lie brazenly without caring whose ox is gored.
Yeyenatu undecided
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Tecno66: 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
This is the same Buhari and Ko that went to Ojota to protest against Jonathan's removal of Subsidy and Buhari was even recorded saying Subsidy was a hoax that didn't exist ..
The one Jonathan tried to remove, which APC and their collaborators resisted, please, help me ask him what that one is called. Fraudsters. They are worse than yahoo boys.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by pquaver(m): 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
lexy2014:

Pls speak for yourself. I don't no what osinbajo& buhari are doing at aso rock. How do u know for certain that "Mr buhari and osibanjo have not are not dipping or conniving with people to dip their hands in the jar"?

Can u pls explain how d govt spent 600-700m a day feeding school children who were are home during d corona period? Can u pls explain how d govt still pays for subsidy it said it had removed in 2015? Can u also pls explain how aso rock clinic gulped 13b under buhari administration yet there's nothing to show for it in d clinic? Can u also explain why 8m dollars was spent on d air Nigeria project with nothing to show for it? Can u also explain how and why with increased revenue & so called loot recovery, d govt is still borrowing & imposing more& more taxes on Nigerians?

So what is d trust that GEJ eroded that this administration has not eroded? Can u also specifically tell me how much Jonathan took from d cookie jar?

. I know you type.. I don't know if being foolish is inherent in wailers or what.. So do the school pupils live on another planet? Is it not sensible to someone to know people tend to attend schools within their vicinity. Does the school not have the children's addresses? So now working with the school and packaging the food the children ate at school for them at school is now impossible? Well first you type claimed N-power was audio, Trader moni was audio even school feeding programme was audio.. At the end of the day the truth stands tall.. I think you need to ask Dasuki and Dezieani the cookie jar GEJ was sharing or maybe Okonjo Iweala who also documented hers..
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by lexy2014: 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
pquaver:
. I know you type.. I don't know if being foolish is inherent in wailers or what.. So do the school pupils live on another planet? Is it not sensible to someone to know people tend to attend schools within their vicinity. Does the school not have the children's addresses? So now working with the school and packaging the food the children ate at school for them at school is now impossible? Well first you type claimed N-power was audio, Trader moni was audio even school feeding programme was audio.. At the end of the day the truth stands tall.. I think you need to ask Dasuki and Dezieani the cookie jar GEJ was sharing or maybe Okonjo Iweala who also documented hers..

U are getting emotional. Ur emotional response doesn't in anyway answer d questions I asked. Kindly go thru again & give a detailed response by addressing each question one after d other.

Can u pls explain how d govt spent 600-700m a day feeding school children who were are home during d corona period? Can u pls explain how d govt still pays for subsidy it said it had removed in 2015? Can u also pls explain how aso rock clinic gulped 13b under buhari administration yet there's nothing to show for it in d clinic? Can u also explain why 8m dollars was spent on d air Nigeria project with nothing to show for it? Can u also explain how and why with increased revenue & so called loot recovery, d govt is still borrowing & imposing more& more taxes on Nigerians?

So what is d trust that GEJ eroded that this administration has not eroded? Can u also specifically tell me how much Jonathan took from d cookie jar?
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by pquaver(m): 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2020
lexy2014:

U are getting emotional. Ur emotional response doesn't in anyway answer d questions I asked. Kindly go thru again & give a detailed response by addressing each question one after d other.

. The questions are kinda rhetorical.. The question to you first is.. Is there a school feeding program? Your answer to that will lead us to answer the next step.. Because if yes I do not see how children staying at home cannot continue to be fed.. Is it the name School feeding programme that is confusing you? That when the food is now delivered to them at home it becomes a problem.

The government did a partial removal of subsidies were nnpc still had to take responsibility for outstanding differences now it is total removal if you don't understand I can help you further.. Nnpc released on several occasions information on that if ibe kachikwu explanation did not sink into your head mine won't so no need to waste time.

For the borrowing again yesterday determines tomorrow if Dangote decides to employ a ceo who squander his wealth with his worker starting by paying frivolous claims and partying and living ostentatious lifestyle" there will be a brief period of what your type call enjoyment " but rather economically is foolishness which after sometime will lead to a period of bankruptcy and guess what those workers too will be affected.. They will no longer receive their salaries as at when due and might not even receive at all.. If Dangote decides to correct this and fire the ceo and bring a new ceo... What do you think will be the steps to recovery? You guess is as good as mine.. If it doesn't make sense to you again I can't help you.. You nerd to be left to wallow in your own world..
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by History555: 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2020
pquaver:
. The questions are kinda rhetorical.. The question to you first is.. Is there a school feeding program? Your answer to that will lead us to answer the next step.. Because if yes I do not see how children staying at home cannot continue to be fed.. Is it the name School feeding programme that is confusing you? That when the food is now delivered to them at home it becomes a problem.

The government did a partial removal of subsidies were nnpc still had to take responsibility for outstanding differences now it is total removal if you don't understand I can help you further.. Nnpc released on several occasions information on that if ibe kachikwu explanation did not sink into your head mine won't so no need to waste time.

For the borrowing again yesterday determines tomorrow if Dangote decides to employ a ceo who squander his wealth with his worker starting by paying frivolous claims and partying and living ostentatious lifestyle" there will be a brief period of what your type call enjoyment " but rather economically is foolishness which after sometime will lead to a period of bankruptcy and guess what those workers too will be affected.. They will no longer receive their salaries as at when due and might not even receive at all.. If Dangote decides to correct this and fire the ceo and bring a new ceo... What do you think will be the steps to recovery? You guess is as good as mine.. If it doesn't make sense to you again I can't help you.. You nerd to be left to wallow in your own world..

Pls take this explanations to the bank to cash your cheque
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by pquaver(m): 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2020
History555:

Pls take this explanations to the bank to cash your cheque
I will after you cash the question you sent to me like... Like maybe u are paying school fees for me to write exam ba? You sef no serious
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Rhapsodia: 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2020
;DAll Promises Cancelled grin
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by lexy2014: 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
pquaver:

D questions I asked aren't rhetorical. They are valid questions. How does asking me if there is a school feeding programme answer d question I asked? I asked u about how 600-700m daily was expended in d name of d school feeding programme & u are asking me if there's a school feeding programme.

Once again, u are getting emotional in your responses. When people start insulting like u are doing instead of giving rational responses, it's obvious that u have run out of things to say.

As far as ur dangote analogy is concerned, it has absolutely no bearing to this discussion or to d questions I asked u.

Kindly avail yourself once again. Let me assist u by enumerating them.

1. Can u pls explain how d govt spent 600-700m a day feeding school children who were are home during d corona period?

2. Can u pls explain how d govt still pays for subsidy it said it had removed in 2015?

3. Can u also pls explain how aso rock clinic gulped 13b under buhari administration yet there's nothing to show for it in d clinic?

4. Can u also explain why 8m dollars was spent on d air Nigeria project with nothing to show for it?

5. Can u also explain how and why with increased revenue & so called loot recovery, d govt is still borrowing & imposing more& more taxes on Nigerians?

6. So what is d trust that GEJ eroded that this administration has not eroded?

7. Can u also specifically tell me how much Jonathan took from d cookie jar?
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by pquaver(m): 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2020
lexy2014:

D questions I asked aren't rhetorical. They are valid questions. How does asking me if there is a school feeding programme answer d question I asked? I asked u about how 600-700m daily was expended in d name of d school feeding programme & u are asking me if there's a school feeding programme.

Once again, u are getting emotional in your responses. When people start insulting like u are doing instead of giving rational responses, it's obvious that u have run out of things to say.

As far as ur dangote analogy is concerned, it has absolutely no bearing to this discussion or to d questions I asked u.

Kindly avail yourself once again. Let me assist u by enumerating them.

1. Can u pls explain how d govt spent 600-700m a day feeding school children who were are home during d corona period?

2. Can u pls explain how d govt still pays for subsidy it said it had removed in 2015?

3. Can u also pls explain how aso rock clinic gulped 13b under buhari administration yet there's nothing to show for it in d clinic?

4. Can u also explain why 8m dollars was spent on d air Nigeria project with nothing to show for it?

5. Can u also explain how and why with increased revenue & so called loot recovery, d govt is still borrowing & imposing more& more taxes on Nigerians?

point of the insult pls? I will apologize for it
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by lexy2014: 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2020
pquaver:
point of the insult pls? I will apologize for it

Of what essence are these comments:

"I don't know if being foolish is inherent in wailers or what..."

"Nnpc released on several occasions information on that if ibe kachikwu explanation did not sink into your head..."

Meanwhile,

Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by pquaver(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2020
lexy2014:

Of what essence are these comments:

"I don't know if being foolish is inherent in wailers or what..."

"Nnpc released on several occasions information on that if ibe kachikwu explanation did not sink into your head..."

Meanwhile,

sorry for that if you felt the wailers stuff was for you but it was from a previous reference to one dude I was talking to before you but you are right was not suppose to transfer the aggression and for that I apologise..
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by SadiqharunaAdz: 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
As a law obedient citizen, I submit my complaint of Intentional and merciless causing of inflation in the prices of commodities and other social amenities in my Nigeria to God Almighty. Because I know very well that He knows how to deal with whoever thinks that he can do whatever he likes, because he has power. I will not resort to social media protest.
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by lexy2014: 6:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
pquaver:

sorry for that if you felt the wailers stuff was for you but it was from a previous reference to one dude I was talking to before you but you are right was not suppose to transfer the aggression and for that I apologise..

No wahala brother. I no vex. These discussions shouldn't be taken too personal cos in d end, we won't make money from it. Have a blessed evening
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by blackboy(m): 6:42pm On Sep 07, 2020
I agree with Garba here. But really apart from a northern leader who will have the guts to do what Buhari is doing?
GEJ feared north and north didnt let him do what he was supposed to do.
GEJ fear was his undoing.
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Omooba77: 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2020
GoodGovernance:

You are the big lair.If you took time to read the Gaba Shehu's article you would have known the truth.

Buhari never said there was no subsidy,he said the fuel subsidy was a scam!

And indeed the fuel subsidy under GEJ was a big scam to Nigeria.

Your comment had 52likes. I am not surprised at all. Nairaland is full of morons.

“To stop the mismanagement of taxpayer money, eliminate corruption associated with subsidies on petroleum products, power, fertilizer among others, the administration took the decision to implement long-delayed reforms, withdraw and allow the market to determine their prices.''
The worst part of life is that, people will always defend just as they did with Hitler.
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Settright(m): 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2020
But how did yaradua did it, we pay less for petrol no delay in buying it and at d same time no label of corruption
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by U1(m): 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
GoodGovernance:

You are the big lair.If you took time to read the Gaba Shehu's article you would have known the truth.

Buhari never said there was no subsidy,he said the fuel subsidy was a scam!

And indeed the fuel subsidy under GEJ was a big scam to Nigeria.

Your comment had 52likes. I am not surprised at all. Nairaland is full of morons.

“To stop the mismanagement of taxpayer money, eliminate corruption associated with subsidies on petroleum products, power, fertilizer among others, the administration took the decision to implement long-delayed reforms, withdraw and allow the market to determine their prices.''

Please don't defend these people! Many top people in APC today were prominent figures in the protests years ago when Jonathan talked about removing subsidy. They vehemently opposed it.

Now, one person even has the audacity to applaud the APC-led government for doing what its major actors opposed previously.

Suddenly, the president and his party look like a scam. Security threats, corruption, harsh policies, and what not. I used to consider PMB as a person of integrity, but I need some convincing now.

I pity people who hold on to the words of politicians and fight their causes. These folks are all double-faced, regardless of party.

I remember a certain Oshiomole acting like some freedom fighter as a labour leader years ago. The story changed when he became a governor. What a country!

This whole drama reminds of a portion of Green Day's Holiday that goes something like this: "...another protester has crossed the line to find the money is on the other side." When they see money, they become something else.
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by U1(m): 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2020
Rhapsodia:
;DAll Promises Cancelled grin
E shock me! shocked

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by jonneljonn(m): 11:58pm On Sep 07, 2020
now that u have remove it how does it make the lives of nigerians betterare u guys nt doing it fr your own benefits

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidential Poll Not A Reflection Of People’s Will – Kwankwaso / Why Ajaokuta Steel Company Won’t Function Immediately – Minister / FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.