Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy (22396 Views)

How Successive Governments Received Abacha's Loot / Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me / Past Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy ― Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Alexbrandy28(m): 9:14am On Sep 07, 2020
Why are our labour Unions keeping mute about the whole situation?
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by FLYFIRE(m): 9:15am On Sep 07, 2020
jasmine1600:
Nigerians, the only way to have steady light & fuel is to remove Jonathan. And i promise u in 6 months Nigeria will be swimming in crude oil & fuel. Buhari will pay you all 5k monthly for been jobless, our youth will be gainfully employed with our 3M jobs a year
-Tinubu in 2014
Nigerians, will you allow a man who LIED TO YOU TO BECOME YOUR PRESIDENT? NEVER

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Talkingoil(m): 9:21am On Sep 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
This is the same Buhari and Ko that went to Ojota to protest against Jonathan's removal of Subsidy and Buhari was even recorded saying Subsidy was a hoax that didn't exist ..
This guy's are the biggest hypocrites in the history of politics in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by ADUBA1(m): 9:28am On Sep 07, 2020
Fourwinds:
your last statement is what the government has done or is doing so why contradict it with the first statement
You are wrong. In deregulation you don't fix price. Market forces and competition determine price
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by lexy2014: 9:29am On Sep 07, 2020
Evilgenuis:
I applaud this wonderful decision by Mr President. It will help reposition our economy in this hard time . grin grin grin

The question The Elders asked Rehoboam after Solomons death comes to mind and the Answer they got from him.

The truth is we are in for a very long ride and we need to hold on tight. angry angry angry angry

Can u pls tell me d subsidy that was removed in 2015 when this govt increased d price of fuel from 97 to 140? What was d balance left in d subsidy that warranted another increase? If fuel subsidy is d way forward, y did buhari & APC condemn d removal of subsidy by d Jonathan administration?

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by yaki84: 9:31am On Sep 07, 2020
omenka:
Has it even been removed yet? I hope they don't wake up to still talk about subsidy payments yet again, because that has always been the case.

Dear Yorubas, I wish none of you would respond to this thing. Starve him of the attention he's desperately looking for so he can perish with his loneliness.
Say hi to simpleleo for us.
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by lexy2014: 9:32am On Sep 07, 2020
kikero:

At least, eventually we would have more refineries come on stream, and fuel prices will drop

Eventually? When is eventually?
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 07, 2020
armadeo:

Market forced should decide things like the cost of fuel. You cannot be paying the same price for fuel in lagos awka and Kaduna when the fuel lands in lagos and is transported everywhere else.

Its insane.

My grudge is what has stopped successive governments from building at least one refinery in each of the geopolitical zones to supply the required fuel to them.

Absolutely nothing but the lack of will power.
And this government has built many? We suffer it together.
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by pquaver(m): 9:38am On Sep 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
This is the same Buhari and Ko that went to Ojota to protest against Jonathan's removal of Subsidy and Buhari was even recorded saying Subsidy was a hoax that didn't exist ..

The reason Nigerians protested against GEJ is simple. GEJ hand was in all our cookie jars so nobody believed him again to remove subsidy and not finger the cookie jar.. Not that the didn't understand the need for it. That is why it is not good to erode trust. I think 1 reason why a certain people from a certain area and a certain party don't seem to understand this is because they are masters at eroding peoples trust.. So in other for that to continue and not accept do they do not change they stick to the lies that suits their ears but they can continue.. Time will tell but I will advice you zo allow GEJ rest in peace. Stop crying more than the bereaved he lies in Nigeria's past
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 07, 2020
lexy2014:

Eventually? When is eventually?

Rheotrical question....
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:39am On Sep 07, 2020
Jmillion:
Hi Guys,

I and my team are building a platform that enables brand and consumer communication. It would be great to know your opinion and have you join our waiting list.

Please follow this link reeach.co to learn more. Your feedback is valuable to us. Thank you

FEEDBACK WHAT ARE WE TO GET FROM reeach abi ? infos ?
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:52am On Sep 07, 2020
What courage is this foolish man talking about ? I mean, what courage is there in imposing more hardship on already impoverished people who could hardly afford three square meal a day ?

Which government in the world imposes tariffs and other forms of life draining taxes on its people at a period when well over 80% of the population is extremely poor and helpless ?

It can only be government of Buhari,the wicked tyrant defender of cows and miyetti Allah ! Do I even blame him ? No,the blame is entirely on the fearful and highly docile Nigerians who can only rant but can't take action to liberate themselves.

Mr Garba,please shut up your gworo chewing dirty mouth and stop insulting our collective sensibilities ! What your paymaster did is not any courage but sheer wickedness and insensitivity to the plight of ordinary Nigerians.

Allah will punish this government and those shameless idiots that support it.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 07, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Too bad embarassed

instead of nigerians to rise and do the right thing we keep praying for miracles that never come to pass undecided

Wait .... are u not a Nigerian?? Since you are not one of those praying .Where is your own rising.?
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by lexy2014: 10:04am On Sep 07, 2020
kikero:

Rheotrical question....

No it isn't rhetorical. It's a valid enquiry
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by rapid101(m): 10:09am On Sep 07, 2020
helinues:
Right courage after deceiving Nigerians?

Meshonu there..
did u just write dis shocked
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by lexy2014: 10:09am On Sep 07, 2020
pquaver:

The reason Nigerians protested against GEJ is simple. GEJ hand was in all our cookie jars so nobody believed him again to remove subsidy and not finger the cookie jar.. Not that the didn't understand the need for it. That is why it is not good to erode trust. I think 1 reason why a certain people from a certain area and a certain party don't seem to understand this is because they are masters at eroding peoples trust.. So in other for that to continue and not accept do they do not change they stick to the lies that suits their ears but they can continue.. Time will tell but I will advice you zo allow GEJ rest in peace. Stop crying more than the bereaved he lies in Nigeria's past

So what is d trust that GEJ eroded that this administration has not eroded? U say GEJs hand was in all d cookie jars. How is this administration faring in terms of it's "fingers in all our cookie jars"?

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by kabillionaire(m): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2020
I agree with you on this one
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Endemol: 11:08am On Sep 07, 2020
Ok, I've heard.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by jamace(m): 11:11am On Sep 07, 2020
Garba Shehu was a PDP member : https://www.nairaland.com/4527954/reno-omokri-garba-shehu-dishonest

Garba Shehu is Dishonest, Blame Oriented and Morally Pliable............Reno Omokri :
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Emmypure: 11:12am On Sep 07, 2020
when two elephant fight na grass dey suffer, if them like make rice sell for 60k per bag we go still chop, I will only transfer it to the gullible people that voted buhari through hiking my price too, if them like make fuel sell for 500 I go still Cruise on my ride, I will just put the expenses on one gullible Adeniyi or lasisi, the only people that will suffer is the poor masses.

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by joe120120(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2020
[quote author=Omooba77 post=93654856]

https://punchng.com/successive-govts-lacked-courage-to-remove-fuel-subsidy-presidency/[/quote

Zombie .are u an economics ?
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by Evilgenuis: 11:27am On Sep 07, 2020
lexy2014:

Can u pls tell me d subsidy that was removed in 2015 when this govt increased d price of fuel from 97 to 140? What was d balance left in d subsidy that warranted another increase? If fuel subsidy is d way forward, y did buhari & APC condemn d removal of subsidy by d Jonathan administration?

Jonathan was week my brother... He allowed so many anomalies
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by lexy2014: 11:33am On Sep 07, 2020
Evilgenuis:

Jonathan was week my brother... He allowed so many anomalies

That's not d question. This is d question:

"Can u pls tell me d subsidy that was removed in 2015 when this govt increased d price of fuel from 97 to 140? What was d balance left in d subsidy that warranted another increase? If fuel subsidy is d way forward, y did buhari & APC condemn d removal of subsidy by d Jonathan administration?"

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by okoloemmalex(m): 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2020
arewa guys and afonja, I hope you 're enjoying this govt?

las las, me no go die for this unfortunate gov't.
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by armadeo(m): 1:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
happybrother:

And this government has built many? We suffer it together.

All goveremts including this one are to blame.
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by themanderon: 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2020
In order to pay back the frivolous loans taken from the Chinese they have to tighten the noose on the eternally docile, suffering n smiling masses.
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by JAWBONE(m): 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
Keep fooling yourself. You think we have forgotten 2012 so easily. Keep lying to yourselves and your zombies.

Idiots
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by pquaver(m): 2:11pm On Sep 07, 2020
lexy2014:

So what is d trust that GEJ eroded that this administration has not eroded? U say GEJs hand was in all d cookie jars. How is this administration faring in terms of it's "fingers in all our cookie jars"?
irrespective of propaganda carried out by opposition me and you know that Mr buhari and osibanjo have not are not dipping or conniving with people to dip their hands in the jar.. that is the difference.
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by bilulu(m): 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2020
Dshocker:
In Lagos state alone,the state government is frustrating business men and women with legal and non legal tax... Now the stupid federal government led APC isn't helping matters,despite the fact we were all at home for 3 months,during covid-19 lock down,without any palliative or assist from them

And the citizens prefer to watch BBN and discuss Erica instead of fighting what directly affects their life......
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by lexy2014: 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2020
pquaver:
irrespective of propaganda carried out by opposition me and you know that Mr buhari and osibanjo have not are not dipping or conniving with people to dip their hands in the jar.. that is the difference.

Pls speak for yourself. I don't no what osinbajo& buhari are doing at aso rock. How do u know for certain that "Mr buhari and osibanjo have not are not dipping or conniving with people to dip their hands in the jar"?

Can u pls explain how d govt spent 600-700m a day feeding school children who were are home during d corona period? Can u pls explain how d govt still pays for subsidy it said it had removed in 2015? Can u also pls explain how aso rock clinic gulped 13b under buhari administration yet there's nothing to show for it in d clinic? Can u also explain why 8m dollars was spent on d air Nigeria project with nothing to show for it? Can u also explain how and why with increased revenue & so called loot recovery, d govt is still borrowing & imposing more& more taxes on Nigerians?

So what is d trust that GEJ eroded that this administration has not eroded? Can u also specifically tell me how much Jonathan took from d cookie jar?
Re: Garba Shehu: Successive Governments Lacked Courage To Remove Fuel Subsidy by apstpaulg(m): 3:00pm On Sep 07, 2020
to anyone who truely understands the true meaning of subsidy, that statement from sehu is true, because it takes balls to break into the cabal of oil marketer's (as powerful as they are) to stop that inflow of ilegal funds (subsidy) coming to them. Nigerians should get used to the reality, even in benin rebublic, it's sold higher.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Presidential Primaries Can't Hold In Abuja, NANS Declares / G5: Anxiety Within PDP Over Losing Oyo, Benue, Rivers, Others / Taraba State Governorship Election Tribunal To Deliver Judgement Today..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.