Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely (20524 Views)

Niger Delta University Closed Indefinitely Over Protest / OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Tunsbobo(m): 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2011
*Cougar*:

the school is the only good thing left in the whole nigeria.

ife is indeed great! the architectural beauty is peerless. do they still have the spider house behind the conference centre?
yes, the spider building is still as it was! That building is an enigma of architectural mastery
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by seunspice(m): 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2011
When i was a student in Ife in the 90s and i had to spend 7 years for a 5 year course, i hated the place, i detested the system i abhorred virtually everything about it other than my pals and other alliances i made. However, a decade down the line, i can't but thank God i went to Ife. Having changed jobs 4 times in that period i see Ife alumni running things in almost all spheres of life. In my office, Ife grads are highly respected, even though the respect is mutual for every federal university Grad, there is just something about Ife.
I dont know what the level is as we speak, but i believe Ife can live on its past Glory for quite a while to come. Faborode and his cohorts are only trying what Omole et al tried unsuccessfully to achieve back then. However, greatest Ife students, its what you sweat for that you appreciate most. If the increment can be negotiated reasonably it should not be rejected in totality.
My 2 cents.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by misterh(m): 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2011
Most people condemning the greatness of the school co not understand the nature of the school. The SU is very active and propt to the yearnings of the students. SOme people are terming the 900% increase in the acceptance fee a 'small' matter as if fingers are equal. Should people who cannot afford acceptance fee be denied education because of the unholy increase in it? We need to leave our comfort zone to understand the realities of life. The UN puts the poverty level of Nigeria at 70%. Does this mean that these poor people should be denied good education? As regards the greatness of the institution, i don't need to advertise the greatness of MY DARLING school. There is no way that OAU will not be among the top 5 universities in Nigeria, if not the best. The decline in the varsity is a subset of thye general decline in the education sector in Nigeria. We, OAU students, will never be made stooges in the hands of those in authority.F-JAY, you have my support. On this note, i say, ALUTA CONTINUA,,
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by misterh(m): 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2011
kulyie:

thank u jare fayawo.u c students wastin dia tym lyk dey can buy yesterday.i'm a tyical examle of d descripptn u gave.i finished from babcock at twenty one,served twenty two.doin my mastas in oau,and gud enof d strike wud hel me in completin my thesis fast coc i dont have to travel 4 research.british council n oda places of research r nearby.dey can strike 4 ten yrs 4 all i kia.no wonder dey send 7 yrs doin a 4 yr cos n speak sick english claimin english is not dia moda tongue.all dia days is 4 gosipin,watchin yoruba movies lyk illiterate house wives n loiterin new buka at nyt.i cant wait to get out to explore my potentials as an msc holder at twentyfive.while u can still be twenty eight in 3oo level n b strikin n galivantin d whole of lagos while ppu r makin d best of dia tym to be intellectuals n money diggers
Are you now trying to say that we should not fight against injustice on the excuse that we would be wasting time? FYI, it was not the students that closed the school, it was the decision of the VC to close the school indefinitely. The school authority refused to listen to the yearnings of the student to reduce it and the student had to protest. That is one thing that makes us great, we will never accept injustice, NEVER, Though it is painful to waste time at home instead of studying in school but if some of us can afford the increased fee, we should consider those that can't. Education is also their right.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Tunsbobo(m): 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2011
misterh:

Most people condemning the greatness of the school co not understand the nature of the school. The SU is very active and propt to the yearnings of the students. SOme people are terming the 900% increase in the acceptance fee a 'small' matter as if fingers are equal. Should people who cannot afford acceptance fee be denied education because of the unholy increase in it? We need to leave our comfort zone to understand the realities of life. The UN puts the poverty level of Nigeria at 70%. Does this mean that these poor people should be denied good education? As regards the greatness of the institution, i don't need to advertise the greatness of MY DARLING school. There is no way that OAU will not be among the top 5 universities in Nigeria, if not the best. The decline in the varsity is a subset of thye general decline in the education sector in Nigeria. We, OAU students, will never be made stooges in the hands of those in authority.F-JAY, you have my support. On this note, i say, ALUTA CONTINUA,,
Thank u so much, u've said it all!! Great Ife!!!
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ misterh my point is dat even if d skul authoritis increased d skul fis there r ways u go bout it.two wrongs can neva make a ryt.if u want to fight 4 ur ryt must it be at d expense of ur tym and education.u were sent to skul to read and if u had a grudge bout d skul fis tin must u cause disorder in d whole skul b4 d skul management gets ur attention.cant u select a leader,arrange 4 a meetin with d skul authoritis,state ur complaints like a decent and rational human being instead of turnin to broad day light touts yellin "a ni gba,awon oloriburuku,shhhh,hhhuuuu.i min there shud b class in tins u do as a potential graduate,instead of puttin matress in front of d roads,causing chaos etc.smh.now wot did u guys gain wida foolishness u portrayed,first d very day u were meant to matric,u were sent home.all d periods u cud have talked amicably wida skul authorities,u were behavin like street urchins.fabarode is a bloody profesor.he has gotin to d peak of his career,all oau academic staffs r all graduates.d strike doesnt stop dia income.,neither does it disturb d pg students so who lost tym here.b4 u guys do tins.sit n tink of d imlication,instead u act on impulse.if u had resolved it amicably,d skul authoritis must av sin reasons with u.aftrall dey r pparents,but u tuk laws into ur hands.now wen dey com to a conclusn dey'll giv a fixed price 4 d accetance fis,if u cant pay gerout.skul is not by force,u abused d priviledge of negotiation.now u guys cant handle wot u started.smh.wot a pity.d only u strike affected r d ppu dat roused it up.u started d trouble so u'll live with it
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by phizz: 8:17pm On Feb 25, 2011
^^^^^^
mr kulyie wat programm are u doing cos if its an Msc program, i can tell u that u r going to spend yrs in that PG. but all join, GREAT IFE (ALUTA CONTINUA VICTORIA A*****)
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Jarus(m): 8:24pm On Feb 25, 2011
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/freekick/2009/oct/14/freekick-14-10-2009-003.htm
[b]If University of Ife wants my body, give it to them’ Gani Fawehinmi, shortly before he died. For anybody who has a sense of history, late political activist, Chief Gani Fawehinmi’s choice of University of Ife as the institution deserving of having his corpse will not come as a surprise. University of Ife(now Obafemi Awolowo University) is Gani institutionalized.

Like Gani, Ife students, and indeed various workers’ unions in the institution, are known for their stance against oppression. Ife students and lecturers have over the years led the cause for the evolution of a fair society.

Ife campus politics is usually as hot and intriguing as the national one, but unlike what obtains at the national level, you don’t win elections by the depth of your pocket, but rather by your antecedents, what you have to offer and your intellectual worth, and if you get good judgment on these criteria and get elected into office, Ife students will not hesitate to send you packing if you derail on getting there( like Tunde Fagbohungbe 1991,Yinka Sotade 2002, Elegbede Muhammed Hemhem 2005).

Prominent activists like Femi Falana, Bamidele Aturu, Fred Agbaje and Lanre Arogundade all started their activism in their days as Ife students. Falana was Students’ union PRO 1980/81 session and Arogundade the last NANS president from Ife(1984). Other activists and social critics like Wole Soyinka and Dipo Fasina were/are Ife lecturers.

From the sixties through seventies and eighties and even till today, University of Ife(now OAU) has been at the forefront of genuine national struggles for the emancipation of the oppressed masses from the clutches of the cabal that has continued to feed fat while the larger populace are being pauperized.

Ife students fought successive military juntas to standstill despite having no more than their pens and placards as weapons. The June 1998 pro-Abiola protest led by Ife students is a case in point.
More recently, Ife students have protested strongly against anti-poor national policies like hike in fuel prices, hostel privatization, tuition fees introduction, unchecked proliferation of glorified secondary schools in the name of private universities etc. Many national policies have been reversed in the past because of agitations spearheaded by Ife students and lecturers.

It is only in Ife that a disappointing minister with all his security details can be refused entrance into university campus by students(Bayo Ojo, 2005); It is only in Ife that a presidential candidate with anti-students antecedents(Ali-Must-Go crisis of 1978) can be taken to the cleaners by students(Obasanjo 1998); It is only in Ife that a serving powerful head of government agency can be grilled by students and confronted with questions about his hypocrisy in a public lecture(Ribadu 2007). Such is the place of Ife in national consciousness.

Gani was never an Ife student or lecturer, but he was proudly associated with the school because he shared common aspiration with the students and lecturers of the institution. For this reason, he was always ready to defend Ife students, financially and in the courts, whenever injustice is being meted on them for speaking against the state. My first encounter with Gani would have been sometime around December 2001, when he came to Ife campus, on the invitation of Students’ union, to deliver a lecture, but I couldn’t make it to the sports complex venue as the time clashed with my lectures.

It should not be forgotten that the now generally quoted Senior Advocate of the Masses honour for Gani was conferred on him by Ife students in 1988.
All these have not come without a price. While Gani Fawehinmi and other pro-masses radicals were being sent to jail, Ife, being an institution rather than individual, is being punished in its own way. Successive governments have continued to neglect the school because of the radical nature of its students and lecturers.

Obasanjo revenged the 1998 Ife ignominy by totally ignoring the school throughout his eight years rule while a school like ABU got a multi-billion naira ultra modern teaching hospital complex.

Finally, this is not an endorsement of Gani’s wish that his corpse be given to University of Ife if they request for it, rather than been given an immediate burial as prescribed by his religion, Islam. As a Muslim, I do not approve of that, but I feel his choice of Ife requires some reflections.[/b]
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by ekubear1: 8:36pm On Feb 25, 2011
Esteemed Jarus,

What concrete steps are you and other alums taking to save Ife, though?
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Jarus(m): 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2011
15 REASONS WHY IFE IS SUCH A GREAT SCHOOL

1, The only University in Nigeria whose students are capable of influencing national policies. 3 examples: i, Ife/Ibadan expressway was dualized in the early 1990s due to agitations of Ife students after an accident claiming students' lives; ii, Ife students led the Ali-Must-Go struggle of 1978 against FG's obnoxious policies on education iii The national clampdown on cultism in all Nigerian institutions was triggered by Ife students in 1999.

2, Ife Varsity enjoys the best welfare facilities among public universities in Nigeria. Good roads, water, constant electricity, very conducive learning environment.

3, The only Nobel Laurette in Nigeria won it as Ife lecturer. Wole Soyinka.

4, A good percentage of Ife products are highflyers in their chosen professions

5, Ife is the most progressive university in Nigeria. It is only in Ife that a fumbling serving minister with all the security details will be denied access to University campus(Bayo Ojo, 2005); it is only in Ife that a presidential candidate with anti-students antecedents will be told top his face(Obasanjo 1998); it is only in Ife that a powerful head of government agency wil be drilled by students, without fears as to his activities (Nuhu Ribadu, 2007) etc
6, There is this inbuilt inoppressibility and unsurpressibility among Ife students and products. They know their rights, go any extent to defend it. Authorities think twice before coming up with one policy.

7, It may interest you to know that the now common 'GREAT this, GREAT that' started with Ife in the mid 1970s. Today every glorified secondary school copies Ife as Great X, Great Y, but the real Nigerians know who has the 'copyright'

8, Webometrics rating. Yes, currently, Ife is not on No 1, but it occupied top spot some three, four years ago. But at least all ratings by NUC, Webometrics, ICU etc have always placed Ife in Top 4, perhaps the only consistent Varsity to appear in Top 3 by any rating. Even a sincere Unilorin student will tell you Ife na Baba

9, Ife is the most beautiful campus in Nigeria. A serene environment is conducive for learning

10, Ife students are the proudest and most respected in the country. They also have the most enviable espirit de corps. Dispute this? Go to NYSc camps, organizations etc. Even on NL here, any abservant lander should have noticed how Dayokanu, TKB and co come to my defence on issues.

11, Ife students gave Gani Fawehinmi SENIOR ADVOCATE OF THE MASSES honour in 1988. It became a nationally quoted award. What does that tell you? Ife awarsd are not just mushroom awards some students just give. It is nationally recognized.

12, Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's most respected progressive said on his death bed: If University of Ife wants my corpse, give it to them. What does that tell you? Why did he choose Ife, and not UI, his alma mater? No, there msut be something great in that school. Your guess is as good as mine: Ife represents his ideals.

13, Ife, students and as a school, has won any continental awards, including SIFE African champions and global 2nd runners-up in 2007 world competition(www.sife.org)

14, Ife Students' Union are the most vibrant. Indeed Ife is a training ground for fearless activists that later in life shake the country: See the list: Femi Falana, Justice Oyewole that sentenced Bode George, Mike Ozekhome, Bamidele Aturu, Opeyemi Bamidele, Mamora Olohunnimbe, Olaolu Alli etc

15. Ife is the most sought-after university in Nigeria. Check JAMB records. Despite the notoriety of the school for students spending more years in school, people still die for the school, still want to go there. No, there must something great about that school.

I hope I have asnwered teh person that asked teh question what is great about that school/
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Jarus(m): 9:22pm On Feb 25, 2011
eku_bear:

Esteemed Jarus,

What concrete steps are you and other alums taking to save Ife, though?
Well, I don't see as problem students resisting attempt by management to force obnoxious charges on students. Ife is perhaps teh cheapest university in Nigeria. I paid less than 2000 as my school and hostel fees in 2001, and by the times I graduated in 2006 I paid around 17k for same. If the trend is not checked and resisted by students, Ife's egalitarian posture will be lost. In Ife, students cut across various classes: the poor, middle class and rich. Farmers' children go to Ife. In Ife I had a friend who couldn't raise N2000 as school fees in 2004: I even wrote an article then in protest: http://www.punchng.com/Article2Print.aspx?theartic=Art200711191601443

Today, that friend on mine is an investment banker with a top investment banking firm. I have another friend, who in our final year struggled to raise that 17k, in fact he couldn't report in school for teh first 2 weeks of resumption, struggling to raise school fees. Today, this friend of mine now works with a popular Oil and Gas MNC, having a house already.
The point I'm making is that if these guys were not able to raise these fees and dropped out from school, where would tehy have been today? That is why I believe the protest by teh students that led to this closure is in order. A lot of people will not be able to afford that 20k. Ife is a school for teh poor(and rich). That tradition should not be lost.

Ife has no peculiar problem as far as I'm concerned. The long term effects of these students' struggle should be put in perspective. These friends of mine would not have been able to go to a school like Lag, and today because of teh affordability of a school like Ife, they have been able to reduce the list of poor families in Nigeria by two.
That is my own stand.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by niyimat(m): 9:43pm On Feb 25, 2011
OAU closed down indefinitely; Great ife indeed, a shadow of its former self, when UNILORIN is rank first in nigeria. One of the principles of growth and development that i know is the fact that it must be continous. I wonder does this apply to OAU?. I was born bred and grew up in the township of Ile-Ife, then, I used to think that the scenario of closing down a school indenitetly was a normal thing, until i find myself in far away sokoto, i looked at the set up of UDUS and found another thing entirely. Such a peaceful co-existence between the management and student was unimmaginable. i strongly believe OAU management would wake up one day from this poor mishandling of sensitive issues that can alter the achievement of the main goals of education.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ hizzle if u r in oau u will know dat d skul authoritis has brot out a policy dat all msc programs shud be a maximum of two yrs n supervisors shud cooperate with dis nu policy.so pg skul is a two yr tin,if u r nt done widin d two yr frame ur studentship will be terminated.minin pg students dont av tym 4 aluta (excet of cos for d ppu who's studentship has bin terminated and dont want to go home because of shame n r hidin in pg hal n camoflagin as pg students wil do d aluta tin) .one yr 4 course work n one yr 4 thesis.if ur thesis is done widin d one yr frame u r gud to go if not its terminated.fortunatly our dept is done with course work n we av less dan a yr to complete our thesis so my dear,i av less dan a yr to live ife.so y'all can continue with aluta while others r makin d best of dia lives,upgradin dia cv n makin  millions.shakin my head.i wonder y a lota young folks cant c byond dia nose lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.i weep 4 som ppu whoseb putin aluta struuggle as priority to upgradin dia intelect cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by reindeer: 9:56pm On Feb 25, 2011
@Jarus
it is difficult explaining Ife to anyone who never went there,its just too much for some minds ro grasp.
I spent 2.5extra years in medical school,(not repeating or failing) and to tell you the fact, i have absolutely no regrets.My first clinical director in the NHS in the UK specifically told me he will be willing to employ more doctors from Ife just cause of me smiley
So Ife students, dont lose hope, the road may be hard, but what you have at the end of the day, money can never buy.
Carry gooooooooooat!!
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 25, 2011
Jarus, u made me feel great by ur excellent note over there. Verily,that consciousness is always natural to all true Great Ife student. It is like a burning fire that cannot be extinguished by suppression, of whatever degree.

I'm glad i am one of these privileged students. It is such an honour!

We R who we R!

Nobody can take this away from us.

We R born this way.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by tunde300us(m): 10:28pm On Feb 25, 2011
@kulyie : as much as i undastand ur anger towards the skul closure,i sure dont know why u keep talking abt 'new buka" and how student spend money there,and u especially keep talking abt guys sleeping with girls as if u have some kinda experience which is driving ur thoughts.
Do u know the population of ppl in OAU ? as compared to the ones u flock with in new buka before u open ur mouth to start yabbing everyone who thinks otherwise.
For ur info i don leave ife even b4 u started ur under G in ur glorified secondary school where grade is dashed just to justify the huge amount paid
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Gakin95: 10:33pm On Feb 25, 2011
Just yesterday the senate council of OAU had a meeting with 'short Fab' 4 making such lugubrious decision by shutting the school and suspending the SUG. Can u imagine? that stubborn 4ft Ekiti idiot had 2 walk away from d meeting. Not only did he did that but also sealed and weld the SUB .As I speak, Fj and Mandela the SUG presi and gen sec respectively had been arrested. Fab also threatened to call us back by september. All part 1 students' admission has been put on hold 4 now. U can confirm this by assessing ur a/c in eportal. It will tell u that 'sorry u're not a student.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Gakin95: 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2011
Just yesterday the senate council of OAU had a meeting with 'short Fab' 4 making such lugubrious decision by shutting the school and suspending the SUG. Can u imagine? that stubborn 4ft Ekiti idiot had 2 walk away from d meeting. Not only did he did that but also sealed and weld the SUB .As I speak, Fj and Mandela the SUG presi and gen sec respectively had been arrested. Fab also threatened to call us back by september. All part 1 students' admission has been put on hold 4 now. U can confirm this by assessing ur a/c in eportal. It will tell u that 'sorry u're not a student.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by thooneex(m): 11:21pm On Feb 25, 2011
'tis not dat we're claiming to be the greatest, but that None is willing to be greater!
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by dancenony: 11:47pm On Feb 25, 2011
pls who is this irritating KULYIE guys that is lamenting alover this page, pls did anybody force you to come oau for ur stupid masters, u shud hav gone back to babcock to have ur masters degree at 23 and still cum out with ur dull brain cos everything u writng here sugest u are dull. the fact that ur parents who ever they are can afford to pay huge amount for fee do not mean everyone can afford it, those statements from you are selfish statements cos what u care abt is getting ur degree and goingout with considering if other peeps can afford to go to school, , you met a peaceful oau enviroment becos of those same things u want to criticise, guy go home, infact walkaway in annoyance and go back to babcock, u can make it to having ur masters degree at 23,
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by dancenony: 12:03am On Feb 26, 2011
pls who is this irritating KULYIE guys that is lamenting alover this page, pls did anybody force you to come oau for ur stupid masters, u shud hav gone back to babcock to have ur masters degree at 23 and still cum out with ur dull brain cos everything u writng here sugest u are dull. the fact that ur parents who ever they are can afford to pay huge amount for fee do not mean everyone can afford it, those statements from you are selfish statements cos what u care abt is getting ur degree and goingout with considering if other peeps can afford to go to school, , you met a peaceful oau enviroment becos of those same things u want to criticise, guy go home, infact walkaway in annoyance and go back to babcock, u can make it to having ur masters degree at 23,
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 26, 2011
No one cn argue d gr8nes of "great Ife", anyone hu doez ws once a rejected applicant!!, Stil africaz mst beautiful campus going by 2009 wiki ranks despite ill maintenance, a skul dt hz nva left d top 5 in naija despite all itz hard tymz n turbulence! Snce inception, itz gna stand skyrocketd abve evry skul in naija, wat evry1 failz to realize z dt a myty tree weatherz d strongest storm!!, d last 2 administratnz damaged d skul wt corruption, Greatest ife, i blv ur new V.C coming in a month tym wld b a saviour!, Evry1 cn moderate dz post if i am being bias!!
Its productz r of international standardz!!
A skul where u av 2 read 2 even fail, I knw dz z d last closure we wld b avng in decadez 2 cm!
GREAT IFE, anoda GREAT IZ A COUNTERFEIT
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Tunsbobo(m): 7:44am On Feb 26, 2011
Gakin95:

Just yesterday the senate council of OAU had a meeting with 'short Fab' 4 making such lugubrious decision by shutting the school and suspending the SUG. Can u imagine? that stubborn 4ft Ekiti had 2 walk away from d meeting. Not only did he did that but also sealed and weld the SUB .As I speak, Fj and Mandela the SUG presi and gen sec respectively had been arrested. Fab also threatened to call us back by september. All part 1 students' admission has been put on hold 4 now. U can confirm this by assessing your a/c in eportal. It will tell u that 'sorry u're not a student.
there is no doubt that faborode is an animal!
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 26, 2011
If any1 complains abt d increment being cheap compared 2 wat u pay 2 study abroad in UK, I'ld lyk ask dt au mch do citizens pay cmpared 2 wat u pay!?
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Sbrainy(m): 8:19am On Feb 26, 2011
faborode haz bcome unbcoming he cant do away wit it this time arund. IF FJAY AND MANDELA HAZ BEIN ARRESTED, HOW CAN I HELP SITUATN COS I FEEL 4 THEM
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by reindeer: 8:47am On Feb 26, 2011
It is unfortunate that people keep giving in to tyrants.
If everyone has that much money they probably would have travelled out of Nigeria already.Anyone excusing the authorities on cost is only being selfish.Think of all those who will not be able to afford the cost, how many scholarships are out there?
Please Ife students should not give in to this, Wale Omole did worse and was eventually brought top his knees.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 26, 2011
kuylie, I want U to know dt fingers r nat equal, dtz d problem wt U rich guys, U dnt want to know any1 is suffering, not everybody can afford such amount, just because ur Parents can afford to sponsor U in a private Uni dosnt mean U shld now come here nd start saying shit, It makes no sense @ all
Faborode is a rich Man himself yet his children schools in Ife, so, stop seeing every1 in Ife as wrethed, We all know watz gud 4 us
ANYDAY; ANYTIME; M PROUD TO BE A GREAT IFE!!!!!
I'm sure some, if not all of ds haters have tried studying in Ife, because U weren't admitted dosn't mean U shld hate,
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 26, 2011
@ danceony theres no point xplanin tins to u as u cant c dat theres life byond campus.ife as far as i'm concerned is one of d CHEAPEST UNIVERSITIES in naija.i was shocked to know dat dey were previously payin 2k as acceptance fee.(d money i use 4 recharge card weekly n cant even use to buy a damn shoe is wot some ppu r shoutin about) now increased to 2ok.tel me how mant universitis in naija pay 2k as acceptance fis,nid i remind u dat u dont nid to be educated to becomin successful.skul is not by force,if u cant afford it den go find sumtin else to do wih ursef.like u ppu say oto oro bi omo iya isokuso.even if u find it iritatin,its d truth n as 4 going bak to babcock to do my mastas of cos i could av done it there but i wanted a change of environment.i wanted to see anoda side of life.at least to have d 1st hand experience of how a federal uni fils like 4 d very first tym afta atendin private skuls al my life@tunde 3oo us,its not a question of yabin.i'm not yabin anyone.al i'm sayin is dat students go there quite often,at least i go there once in a while to unwind n i see some students spendin money like theres no tomoro,misbehavin n drivin recklesly.come to think of it,is ANY AMOUNT to much to invest in ur life,carreer,education.i dont tink so.i can spend ANY Amount to bcomin A beta person intellectually.y dint u ppu kuku say dat u want to pay hundred naira as ur acceptance fis and 5oo naira as skul fis.20k mshewwwwwww smh.u can dis me til weneva i dont give a damn,it doesnt add a naira to me,it doesnt take a kobo out of me,neither does it stop me or ppu of my kind/pedigree from getin to where we want to go.even if my fada was as poor as a church rat i'll go to any length (excludin crime/vices) to get educated.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 26, 2011
n 4 ur informatn tunde,i worked 4 EVERY CERTIFICATE i have today.no one doles out free marks just because u r payin 350k.d same way oau has a standard,b.u also has a standard.at least if ur gp is low,oau still harbors students,b.u doesnt give a damn who ur fada or moda is.if ur gp is below 2.5,u'll be asked to withdraw.u were in skul b4 me i rily dont giv a Bleep,wot am interested in is wot any graduate or potential graduate can u offer to d society.i'm nt into certificates,howeva u must b able 2 defend ur certificate WELL.if u r a graduate with low IQ,bad diction,bad manners,street urchin tendencies,lousy and above all u cant ansa what is Public administration from a political science student of a federal university theres certainly no way u can work in my pop mans company.*shakes head n takes a walk*
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by chamber2(m): 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2011
Just yesterday the senate council of OAU had a meeting with 'short Fab' 4 making such lugubrious decision by shutting the school and suspending the SUG. Can u imagine? that stubborn 4ft Ekiti had 2 walk away from d meeting. Not only did he did that but also sealed and weld the SUB .As I speak, Fj and Mandela the SUG presi and gen sec respectively had been arrested. Fab also threatened to call us back by september. All part 1 students' admission has been put on hold 4 now. U can confirm this by assessing your a/c in eportal. It will tell u that 'sorry u're not a student.

Great Ife indeed. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Post Utme Result And Admission List Of Rufus Giwa Poly Owo / Samuel Ogunlana: Crawford University Best Graduating Student Speaks / ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.