Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity (18124 Views)

Discos To Close 10m Meter Deficit In 5 Yrs – ANED / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 / FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by YorubaKinging: 8:46am On Sep 11, 2020
Bn
Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by GamalNasser: 8:48am On Sep 11, 2020
gaskiyamagana:
Clueless. Have you address reason for rejection before punishment for rejection? Always putting cart before the horse.

There is no valid reason for the rejection other than outright fraud ..they reject the Electricity do that they can sell Darkness

6 Likes

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by Kentuforchrist(m): 8:51am On Sep 11, 2020
chaiiii is finished in this country ... wea the lyt self becos i no dea see any light wea them they bring
Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by bigiyaro(m): 8:51am On Sep 11, 2020
veekid:
go and form your own distribution company
I can't form o, so if you are pained, first of all, go and beat NERC, then tell the DISCOs not to obey NERC. Then lastly go and hug a nice transformer.

13 Likes

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 11, 2020
Well, they would make the discos more broke then

The truth is, you cannot understand Nigeria's electricity problem without first knowing that the cost of power in Nigeria is less than the production cost.

Even with this recent price increase, a lot of people are still exempted from the thing, then there are the power thieves and those who don't pay

Once you get that, and you also get that gencos have to pay for gas in dollars, not naira, and they have to source for dollars from the open market because the parsimonious CBN won't give then dollars, then you would see why NERC s idea is stark bonkers

Either we run electricity as a proper market, where discos and gencos control the price, and end this NBET illusion, or we are never going to have light 24/7

And Nigerians have to pay their power bills. The problems we have with power are compounded by the large number of people who don't pay up

3 Likes

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by bancoleh: 9:00am On Sep 11, 2020
Disco, Genko, all of them dem be quack.

Video editing tutorial
Microscopic view like Hollywood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8-En7QuXvA
Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by Noblejay7: 9:01am On Sep 11, 2020
JOS ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY JED has improved. My area now gets power supply for about 20hours daily since July 2020. Kudos to the management.

1 Like

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by xynerise: 9:03am On Sep 11, 2020
Nitah1:
Someone will see light less than seven days a month and the bill will keep climbing.

If you don't pay they removed ur ways,if you pay they will say you pay small.

But if them failed to give light nothing happens to them.

My brother...this thing dey vex me. Just holding myself not to transfer my anger on the innocent NEPA marketers

1 Like

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by udemzyudex(m): 9:06am On Sep 11, 2020
Nbotee:
Na by force?? Taking it means dey have to pay for it

Na by force oo, make them sef see as e dey be, paying for what you don't use.

3 Likes

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:07am On Sep 11, 2020
If every homes get prepaid meter, all the nonsense from discos go stop.

10 Likes

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by FREEMADNESS: 9:08am On Sep 11, 2020
ursullalinda:
Thieves.......That's why they do everything to frustrate people from prepaid meters......I'm still thinking of the right channel to pour out my anger.......because this mofo's just gave us #45000 Nepa bill.......and they care not.

mine a flat of 4 tenants got 225k, just for 1 month.
isn't dat crazy
Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by Enugupikin: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2020
ursullalinda:
Thieves.......That's why they do everything to frustrate people from prepaid meters......I'm still thinking of the right channel to pour out my anger.......because this mofo's just gave us #45000 Nepa bill.......and they care not.
For which location?
Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by Enugupikin: 9:11am On Sep 11, 2020
veekid:
When customers are not paying; what do you expect?
Give them prepaid metre.. They must pay not dubiously using estimated billing method

3 Likes

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by GamalNasser: 9:11am On Sep 11, 2020
kikero:

The truth is, you cannot understand Nigeria's electricity problem without first knowing that the cost of power in Nigeria is less than the production cost.

Even with this recent price increase, a lot of people are still exempted from the thing, then there are the power thieves and those who don't pay

Once you get that, and you also get that gencos have to pay for gas in dollars, not naira, and they have to source for dollars from the open market because the parsimonious CBN won't give then dollars, then you would see why NERC s idea is stark bonkers

Either we run electricity as a proper market, where discos and gencos control the price, and end this NBET illusion, or we are never going to have light 24/7

And Nigerians have to pay their power bills. The problems we have with power are compounded by the large number of people who don't pay up

Shebi there is no subsidy again so what are you saying ? And besides the cost of generation lies with GENCOS who have been doing their jobs and not complaining so I wonder why a reseller called DISCO is worried about the cost when all they have to do is sell at a mark up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by mmsen: 9:11am On Sep 11, 2020
Nigerian DISCOS are some of the most useless corporations on the planet.
Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by GamalNasser: 9:12am On Sep 11, 2020
veekid:
When customers are not paying; what do you expect?

You are clearly benefiting from the sale of darkness

6 Likes

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by Enugupikin: 9:12am On Sep 11, 2020
bigiyaro:
I can't form o, so if you are pained, first of all, go and beat NERC, then tell the DISCOs not to obey NERC. Then lastly go and hug a nice transformer.
U don't have to argue with that guy.. Looks like he works with a Disco and getting pained their dubious ways are unearthed

9 Likes

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by Enugupikin: 9:14am On Sep 11, 2020
kikero:

Give those large number of people metre and watch them pay by force

4 Likes

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 11, 2020
Enugupikin:

Give those large number of people metre and watch them pay by force

And then there is the phenomenon of bypassing the meter

(It happens)

1 Like

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by Enugupikin: 9:16am On Sep 11, 2020
kikero:

And then there is the phenomenon of bypassing the meter

(It happens)
Bypassing the metre is rare.. And offenders should be punished, that's part of their work to monitor

12 Likes

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 11, 2020
GamalNasser:

Shebi there is no subsidy again so what are you saying ? And besides the cost of generation lies with GENCOS who have been doing their jobs and not complaining so I wonder why a reseller called DISCO is worried about the cost when all they have to do is sell at a mark up

There is still the problem of people not paying

Plus even with the price increase, there are.still.large.swathes of the population that are exempted. ( Check with your local disco)
Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by Nitah1: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2020
xynerise:

My brother...this thing dey vex me. Just holding myself not to transfer my anger on the innocent NEPA marketers
some came to my house last month after we contributed over 400k to fix light in our street,they demanded for payment I told them i cannot pay cos i do not use light.....
Na so this guys climb my pole,I told him to cut my wire but loose it.

my wire is indoor now.

I have no business with them for now, generator is preferable now cos i don't stay home all day.

Blame buhari for this.

1 Like

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by shiwex: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2020
Kobicove:

Yes, that's the only way to compel them to update their electricity distribution infrastructure
This is true..i'm in support This is the norm all over the world. If you cant do the job, leave it for those that have the capacity to do it.

3 Likes

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by Nitah1: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2020
kikero:

Plus even with the price increase, there are.still.large.swathes of the population that are exempted. ( Check with your local disco)
How can you pay when you don't use light?
Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by GamalNasser: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2020
kikero:

People are not paying because the DISCOS make you to believe that so they can continue selling darkness ..they have had more than enough time to distribute prepaid meters but failed to because they prefer to sell darkness

7 Likes

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by NaMeAboki: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2020
Excellent!
Now everyone will sit up and take responsibility - since there will be penalties.

It means DISCOs would be forced to overhaul their networks to ensure they can take up and distribute their allocated loads; while the TCN would have ensure it transmits to DISCOs their requisite allocations.

My only fear is whether NERC would be brave enough to penalise the TCN when appropriate given that the said company is also owned by the same govt which NERC represents.
Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by xynerise: 9:24am On Sep 11, 2020
Nitah1:
some came to my house last month after we contributed over 400k to fix light in our street,they demanded for payment I told them i cannot pay cos i do not use light.....
Na so this guys climb my pole,I told him to cut my wire but loose it.

my wire is indoor now.

I have no business with them for now, generator is preferable now cos i don't stay home all day.

Blame buhari for this.
So annoying...
Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by drlateef: 9:26am On Sep 11, 2020
gaskiyamagana:
Clueless. Have you address reason for rejection before punishment for rejection? Always putting cart before the horse.

The DISCOs are the ones to address that, not government. That’s in the terms of their contract.

2 Likes

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 11, 2020
GamalNasser:

People are not paying because the DISCOS make you to believe that so they can continue selling darkness ..they have had more than enough time to distribute prepaid meters but failed to because they prefer to sell darkness

And the discos were.distributing darkness because until last week, they were selling power at 30 naira per kWh and less, while it cost 53 naira per kWh to produce said power.

All the discos have been running at a loss since inception because we don't want to run them as private companies.

Also, in many areas, between 40-50 percent of subscribers to the discos don't pay their bills. Nationally it is 60 percent

I know Nigerians complain about darkness. But the thing is, the discos and gencos inherited a wrecked sector. And it is going to take a lot of money to fix things.

But we Nigerians want them to build our power sector for us free of charge.

Remember GSM. It used to be very expensive. Because the GSM companies had to build our whole infrastructure from scratch. Nitel was to messed up to produce backbone for basic GSM calls .

The problem I have with Nigerians and electrical power is , we refuse to acknowledge that it is expensive, and it has to be paid from our pockets.

We all paid for GSM . See where we are now

1 Like

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by ursullalinda(f): 9:27am On Sep 11, 2020
FREEMADNESS:

mine a flat of 4 tenants got 225k, just for 1 month.
isn't dat crazy

Whattttt!!!!.........I better pass you oh

1 Like

Re: NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity by ursullalinda(f): 9:28am On Sep 11, 2020
Enugupikin:

For which location?

Lagos mainland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VAT: FIRS’ Exclusive List Push Suffers Setback At NASS / Northern Governors Convene In USA For Symposium On Regional Insecurity. / Ireti Kingibe: MKO Abiola Abandoned My Husband - Kingibe’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.