Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) (79817 Views)

Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page / UNN Hostels After A Heavy Rainstorm (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Onlinesmart: 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2020
See people that want to be president. Is this how Nigeria would be handled? Biafra should be given to these people na. I'm sure they will pay through their nose to enter Yorubaland. It's evident that southeast isn't habitable for any sane human hence why they pack themselves rush down west.

3 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ishilove:
If a lady should as much as pass by those toilets, she will exit the hall with gangster toilet infection eg Candidiasis, thrush, Trichomoniasis, vaginosis etc.
These diseases are bad oh.. but you see scabies ehn.. oh lawwwd
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by asanwafo: 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
PortHarcourt2:

Unn is a total shithole and worst university in Nigeria
UNN graduate is far ahead of u

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Blessedchild24(m): 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
My school get hope. Up unijos management
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by bakol: 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
officialenny:
To some extent I will appreciate Prof Lilian Salami of Uniben effort in renovating the school facilities and it's hostels.... This is very shameful, Nigeria very own indigenous university hostel is nothing to write home about...I can't see any difference between this and a psychiatric home..Even psychiatric home are well taken care of now....Hail greatest UNIBEN students...I ❣️my school
UNIBEN hostels were at least better. I stayed in Hall Three, Hall 4 unit A and Hall 4 unit B. Anyways, this was some 14 years ago....

I hope the hostels are still as fair now as they were in those days....
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Ishilove: 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
Omoluabi16:
These diseases are bad oh.. but you see scabies ehn.. oh lawwwd
My dear, I have had a sneak peek on Nairaland... it's stomach turning embarassed
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Giftexx: 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
All through my schooling in oau, na bush and off campus i dey sh;t

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by BalogunIdowu(m): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
Our university system is a complete fiasco!
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Drizzy5001(m): 6:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
No be only UNN, many federal universities are in this condition,including my school.. Our school management and SUG go just dey chop money, I dey pity ladies wey dey stay for hostel o, una go just dey carry infection dey waka up and down like say na souvenir.

2 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Femeto: 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2020
Graphics notification should have been put up. Terrible pics. Blame the management of the school and the mannerless students.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 6:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ishilove:

My dear, I have had a sneak peek on Nairaland... it's [b[stomach turning[/b] embarassed
hahaha.. indeed.I go straight to page 2. Those images are always graphic.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
Meanwhile see a hostel somewhere in Europe

Where the taxes and the fees are much higher than Nigerian own

And even if it is free, the per capita GDP is far far higher.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by nextstep(m): 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2020
How much is bleach and broom? How much is Hero and asun? Maybe the students can forgo on evening of flexing girl to clean their own bathrooms. angry
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Investnow2017: 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
Then after this punishment, no work.
After Now Your Suffering Continues (NYSC) I hear some still go back there to do theirs second degree embarassed
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Decaf: 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
Oh my goodness �.
This is just terrible. Infact I can't pray for my Enemy to live in this kind of place.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Wardstunna22(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
So unfortunate that this post was put up... If I may ask is this just the only thing bothering he or she who posted this... UnN is an Awesome school no matter whatever you try to paint it as it's a Giant here in Africa put this post down it's not worth it don't dent the image of this great Citadel
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Decaf: 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
Wardstunna22:
So unfortunate that this post was put up... If I may ask is this just the only thing bothering he or she who posted this... UnN is an Awesome school no matter whatever you try to paint it as it's a Giant here in Africa put this post down it's not worth it don't dent the image of this great Citadel

This is not about denting the image of the school Mr Man.

Or can't u see what am seeing?
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by samonak(m): 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
I remember the time i slipped and fell in Alvan Ikoku hostel bathroom. I almost cried because of the filth, even thinking about the incident is making my skin crawl embarassed

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by gowonmaharajah(m): 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
Lol,
I am shocked.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Edusouls(m): 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
Look at were the children of Biafra stay and dwell, tomorrow they tell you buhari is the cause of Igbo problems, we are yet to realise that we are retarded upstairs as Igbo’s

2 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by stanliwise(m): 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
PortHarcourt2:

It is not true. UNN is the worst university in Nigeria. Even most Polytechnics are better than the shithole called UNN
How many have you been to?
Most public school are shit
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by aribs(m): 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kerosenehawker:
Everyone here that is complainiing, you guys know what to do

Allow the Universites in Nigeria, bcause it isn't just UNN, its all the others as well, to RAISE THEIR FEES.

What you are seeing in the pictures is what you get for fees between 40000-80000 naira and allocation of 18 billion naira....which in dollars is 104 -208 dollars, and 50 million dollars

Is that enough? NOO!

But Nigerians will begin the shout of 'WE ARE POOR'.

Meanwhile these same poor Nigerians spend billions on sending kids to study abroad, to read the same courses...

Well, stop complaining about the mess, because this is what we can afford. Either raise the fees, or raise the taxes . Thank you
You are the only one addressing the issue here. While I am grateful for the opportunity the subsidized federal school I went to afforded me, the inadequate funding from government and the inability of the schools to raise revenue appropriately is killing the system in more ways than can be imagined. The current system is not sustainable on the long run, especially in times like this where government revenue is dwindling. Pictures I see here were akin to UI male hostels in the 90s when I was there. Real terrible

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Vince77(m): 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Nigerians generally have a very bad maintenance culture. They can't even maintain their own private property well let alone public property.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by ovonramwen: 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
You have not answered the question ma.
That was when I graduated.

BigSarah:

I got admitted 2015, do you know how many slight renovations have been done in hostels before I summoned courage to stay in my final year
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Badbishop15(m): 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
iles199:

Not my UI abeg. UI hostels still the best I know of for now.

UI try Sha....

2 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Mosco100(m): 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
God forbid!
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Badbishop15(m): 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
desiredhome:

No matter the amount you put in these schools there won't be any difference, no body cares for public facilities in this country..... everybody sees public facilities as an opportunity to loot......
Even those toilets, you won't believe how someone will use a public toilet and will not flush or cannot even keep/make the place near.....

very bad...students should maintain public facilities...and also the school too...they should employ more cleaners and renovate
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Itsceejay009(m): 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2020
PortHarcourt2:

It is not true. UNN is the worst university in Nigeria. Even most Polytechnics are better than the shithole called UNN

Oga don't lie, UNN denied you admission

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by kelly72: 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
These are pictures of an average public university in Nigeria. I was a student of Unilorin between 1995 and 1999. As far back as that time, facilities were already this rotten at the school. You dared not enter the toilets....na short put every man dey do.

Few months ago I also saw similar pictures of University of Ibadan online. Instead of gloating and blaming any region, cry for your shithole.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by BigSarah(f): 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
ovonramwen:
You have not answered the question ma.
That was when I graduated.

The hostels at new hall obviously... even jaja

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Oau Admission List For The Year 2010/2011 Released! / The Love Letter A Secondary School Boy Sent To His Teacher, Chioma (pics) / 2018 UTME: JAMB Bans Wristwatches, Pen, Spy Eyeglasses, USB, CD & More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.