Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

obasanjo Says How They Rigged Him In North. Yoruba Obas Shun Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / obasanjo Says How They Rigged Him In North. Yoruba Obas Shun Obasanjo (746 Views)

Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) / We Will Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido / Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

obasanjo Says How They Rigged Him In North. Yoruba Obas Shun Obasanjo by wakima: 2:47am On Feb 25, 2011
S-West people didn’t vote for me in 1999, 2003 – Obasanjo

News Feb 25, 2011
0Share

BY OLA AJAYI

IBADAN-FOUR years  after he left office, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday,  admitted that the people in the South West did not vote for him in 1999 and 2003, saying they did so for reasons best known to them and commended the people of Northern Nigerian for voting  for him during the 1999 and 2003 presidential elections.

This came as the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, carefully avoided the former president who went to his palace to pay him homage.

Unlike, in the past, when the relationship between Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala, Chief Obasanjo was cordial, a source told Vanguard that the monarch had traveled out of the ancient town of Oyo even though, the ex-president had reportedly informed the monarch of his visit.

Just last week, the son of the monarch, Prince Akeem Adeyemi and some lawmakers in the domains of Alaafin defected to the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN.

Vanguard also gathered that the rally recorded some causalties as two buses of the loyalists of Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala who had gone to the rally somersaulted on arrival at Moniya area of Ibadan.

The buses reportedly skidded off the road when they got to Moniya area of the city.

Though, it was not clear if there was any casualty, an impeccable source told Vanguard that the occupants of the buses sustained injuries. A source told Vanguard in confidence that residents in the city pelted some of the loyalists of the governor with stones as they arrived the town.

Chief Obasanjo said, “we want the PDP to rule and run the affairs of Nigeria and Oyo State. I was voted twice as president. But, those people at my place of birth did not vote for a me. But, those who voted for me in the North and other places did not look at my tribal marks, religion or place of birth, but they looked at what I would be able to do”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/s-west-people-didnt-vote-for-me-in-1999-2003-obasanjo/
Re: obasanjo Says How They Rigged Him In North. Yoruba Obas Shun Obasanjo by Becomrichn: 4:44am On Feb 25, 2011
so do you mean, how northerners help him rig.?
Re: obasanjo Says How They Rigged Him In North. Yoruba Obas Shun Obasanjo by proflynks1(m): 6:52am On Feb 25, 2011
Re: obasanjo Says How They Rigged Him In North. Yoruba Obas Shun Obasanjo by Becomrichn: 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2011
hahahaha
Re: obasanjo Says How They Rigged Him In North. Yoruba Obas Shun Obasanjo by Becomrichn: 3:26am On Feb 26, 2011
what

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Native Killed In Robbery. AGAIN! / Breaking News:another Earth Quake Hit Japan 7.4mag / Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.