Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,384 members, 7,954,557 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan (744 Views)

Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up / Ex-ministers Of Defence, Army Chiefs Jittery As COAS Sets Up New Probe Panel / 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan by aljharem(m): 3:53am On Feb 25, 2011
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has explained why he appointed an Igbo man, Lieutenant-General Azubuike Iheji-rika, as Chief of Army Staff (COAS), saying that beside basing it on merit, it was also in conformity with his resolve not to discriminate against any Nigerian, no matter his tribe or religion.

Jonathan said this during a visit to members of the Abia State traditional rulers council, led by its chairman, Eze John Akaniru, in Aba.

The president, who was in the state in continuation of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) nationwide campaign, asserted that it was in view of his administration’s policy of equal opportunities for all Nigerians that he chose General Ihejirika, after much submissions and analyses, with conviction of his brilliance and competence among his contemporaries.

According to him, “he is a brilliant and competent officer, and when people thank me for his appointment, I say no, because we are re-creating a Nigeria, where no one or ethnic group suffers discrimination of any kind.

“I did not know him, I did not know he was from Abia State, but I did my analysis and I was told he was the best and I decided that being the best, he has to take the job,” Jonathan said.

On the issue of kidnapping, Jonathan reassured of the commitment of the administration to eradicate the menace and tackle other issues of insecurity in the South-East region and the nation in general.

The traditional rulers later conferred the title of Omezuri Abia, meaning “the one that has built Abia” on the president.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/18099-why-i-appointed-igbo-man-as-coas--jonathan
Re: Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan by EzeUche2(m): 4:00am On Feb 25, 2011
He did it, because he wants an Igbo man to protect him. Smart move on his part. It is hard to sleep, when you have a Northerner breathing down your neck.
Re: Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan by aljharem(m): 4:15am On Feb 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

He did it, because he wants an Igbo man to protect him. Smart move on his part. It is hard to sleep, when you have a Northerner breathing down your neck.

what do you mean he wants an igboman to protect him,.,.,. how would the igbo man do it if the military is held by northerners and they decide not to take order from the igboman undecided

he did it to end tribalism in the military thats all undecided
Re: Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan by Beaf: 4:17am On Feb 25, 2011
alj harem:

what do you mean he wants an igboman to protect him,.,.,. how would the igbo man do it if the military is held by northerners and they decide not to take order from the igboman undecided

he did it to end tribalism in the military thats all undecided

Then they will end up in Northern Chad. Simple as abc. cool
Re: Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan by aljharem(m): 4:30am On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

Then they will end up in Northern Chad. Simple as abc. cool
see your logic,, ,. nothing

who will put them in chad you or mend grin grin grin grin grin

or maybe opc or massob grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan by Chyz2: 4:32am On Feb 25, 2011
alj harem:

You are yoruba.stop trying to keep up with this fake northern identity. Alj olu haram, kedu? cheesy
Re: Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan by Beaf: 4:35am On Feb 25, 2011
alj harem:

Have you seen how civilians are whopping the arses og Gaddafi's almajiri's? lol
Same thing will happen to anybody that disobeys orders, because they are coming from an Igbo man. They will end up riding camels in Northern Chad. grin grin
Re: Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan by aljharem(m): 4:45am On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

Have you seen how civilians are whopping the arses og Gaddafi's almajiri's? lol
Same thing will happen to anybody that disobeys orders, because they are coming from an Igbo man, they will end up riding camels in Northern Chad. grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin

well let him try it
Re: Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan by aljharem(m): 4:46am On Feb 25, 2011
Chyz*:

You are yoruba.stop trying to keep up with this fake northern identity. Alj olu haram, kedu? cheesy

you can you just shut your mouth, can you explain to me how i am yoruba because i do not side igbos grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan by Chyz2: 4:47am On Feb 25, 2011
alj harem:

you can you just shut your mouth, can you explain to me how i am yoruba because i do not side igbos grin grin grin grin

Ba wo ni,jare? cheesy
Re: Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan by aljharem(m): 4:50am On Feb 25, 2011
Chyz*:

Ba wo ni,jare? cheesy

wetin be that olodo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 25, 2011
A sympathetic move. Sweet!

"Let me rule in peace, I dont want to hear discrimination this and that". Oga gbon!
Re: Why I Appointed Igbo Man As Coas – Jonathan by ChinenyeN(m): 5:36am On Feb 25, 2011
alj harem:

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan [. . .] Omezuri Abia, meaning “the one that has built Abia” [. . .]
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/18099-why-i-appointed-igbo-man-as-coas--jonathan
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Buhari/bakare Manifesto / Kuku Moves Against Fg.admits The Existence Of Mend And Henry Okah As The Leader. / Nta Rejects Buhari’s Campaign Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.