Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? - Technology Market (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? (37936 Views)

We Buy For You From Aliexpress,1688 &taobao And Ship To Nigeria / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by FryMosquito: 6:53am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

This is corporate robbery and should be condemned.

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

I have to create this new thread to make our plight known to the whole world.

I have also tagged those who are having this same issue.

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala
Why not head to Twitter and tag the presidency, efcc. Etc name it. Tag anything taggable there, as many organizations and persons. With this the staffs will be investigated and queried
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Kei144(m): 6:54am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:

But how come other items are coming in.

Someone will order for phone and memory card, memory card will arrive but phone will be nowhere to be found.

Another person ordered phone and pouch, pouch has since arrived but no phone

A lot of items arrives and there were few workers to sort them and apparently sorting is not often done according to date of arrival. I am not a NIPOST official. I also have these same problems with NIPOST, but I now understand that they are managing a crisis. Crisis management is not often so orderly, just like commanding troops that are under intense fire from the adversary. I once posted a damning thread against NIPOST, which I now regret:

https://www.nairaland.com/5661756/parcel-thief-nipost-frustrating-life#94146043

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by RPG2020(m): 6:55am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
I have been calling all their customer care number I saw on their twitter page, the calls are going through but nobody is picking up.

The one that managed to pick up asked me to send my tracking number and call back after some minutes. I sent the tracking number, and called back after some time, she refused to pick again.

Chai!!! I don't even know who to call again.

Which kain wahala be this

You never see anything

China phone nor good
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by middlebelter(m): 6:55am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala

Kindly tag Middlebelter, I ordered for security bulb, during the lockdown, and we tracked it to the point where it was allegedly deliver but we didn't see anything. My wife and I suspected fraud but have no idea how to protest it. This should be a corporate embarrassment to NIPOST and I think we should come together and take them to Consumer Protection Council. Thia is sad.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Micmuzac: 6:56am On Sep 21, 2020
iKingsley:
Postal service is one of the essential services but in this country, the reverse is the case. Even after COVID, they have refused to carry out their task. We are trying to recover, meanwhile, NIPOST is still working on shift at this stage
They are busy building smart offices, whereas they can't even make prompt nationwide delivery
smart offices indeed, people that are not smart mentally, how will they operate and run them, you need to see their operations then you'll see how it's easy to misplace an order or be stolen by whoever
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by samcolee(m): 6:58am On Sep 21, 2020
petitejolie:
And they are after license fees from pickup and service delivery companies. But are thieves inefficient and fantastically corrupt. Go on twitter and tag everybody. Tag firs tag presidency tag public complaint commission tag communication ministry tag activist tag journalist tag information ministry tag all tagables and tag AliExpress . Nonsense people

After tagging AliExpress they'll stop sending phones to Nigeria

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
I have been calling all their customer care number I saw on their twitter page, the calls are going through but nobody is picking up.

The one that managed to pick up asked me to send my tracking number and call back after some minutes. I sent the tracking number, and called back after some time, she refused to pick again.

Chai!!! I don't even know who to call again.

Which kain wahala be this

You are not serious.

The way to get things done.

Get up, if you no get craze for head, you won't get what you want, carry somebody go there. Tell them you must leave their office with your phone that day.

Keep making calls and forming calls inside their office. Sometimes you shout, rake, then sit down and rest.

Later, you continue again till 4 pm. Do it the next day.

That is if you no get work for office.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by kollysnut(m): 7:00am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala

I stopped using nipost wen i noticed my key can open 7 other boxes,
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Studyinchina200(m): 7:03am On Sep 21, 2020
Nigerians and crimes are like 5&6.

I also sent some phones through one Hausa guy when he was going back to Nigeria from China through Air peace evacuation flight. I know what I passed through before this guy delivered my phones.

The guy even swapped my 2 iPhone 7 and 2 6s to iPhone 6.

Fear Nigerians when it comes to anything related to money.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Studyinchina200(m): 7:04am On Sep 21, 2020
Call them out on twitter. They will reply.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Minjim: 7:04am On Sep 21, 2020
Elder0001:
Why order phone from aliexpress when you go buy within your vicinity?

It's cheaper

It's even best to order through Jumia. They have offices in Nig

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 7:06am On Sep 21, 2020
Same thing here, I bought two Samsung's A7 from eBay and was posted to me 11th of June, nothing has been heard, I have been to the post office, it has not arrived, suspecting a fowl play. What are going to do, thanks for the thread.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by fotadmowmend(m): 7:08am On Sep 21, 2020
If I no understand. I ordered a screen since March also. The screen no arrive, the order has been marked completed. So my hard earned money go go like that?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by cuteboy2: 7:10am On Sep 21, 2020
This is what you get when a nepotic government decides to adopt a Fulanisation policy of putting Fulani as head of all Federal government parastatals and agencies. From NPA, Customs, FIRS, NIPOST, NCDC, Immigration (NIS), Police, Army, Airforce, NITDA, NCAA, NBC, Prison Services, Etc.

Those places are just chopping centres for them. They are not there to serve you as citizens.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by oritse(m): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2020
The best is to call them out on twitter then giditraffic it helps a lot retweets really works
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by DAramis: 7:11am On Sep 21, 2020
Tajsagay:
I definitely think that's the case. I remember when I ordered a watch for a client in Warri. Tracked the Watch via my acquaintance at the international mail processing centre (IMPC) in Lagos and was informed it had reached the Local post office in Warri. Told my client to proceed for pickup. Upon getting there and showing them the tracking number, he was told the item wasn't there.

Called my acquaintance at the (IMPC) who checked their electronic log book and confirm that the package was there. He called the manager and magically the package appeared and the excuse they gave was "it wasn't my clients turn to receive his package yet"

Since track and trace link on Nipost has failed, can't the IMPC create a new link for individuals to be tracking their items directly from the point at which they dispatched it? This is the best solution.

You can suggest to your friend this option. It will definitely eliminate the end point staff because, it would be immaterial to deny arrival of an item even when the buyer has a print out of the arrival.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Bobxin: 7:11am On Sep 21, 2020
I have not had this experience with phone I ordered from AliExpress in Delta. I ordered last year, and it was delivered around January, not sure of the month, but it was delivered this year.
The only item of concern is the DJI drone I ordered which was seizes by custom, I only got the EMS bill where it was written "seizure". I immediately travelled to Lagos met the same officer who accessed the parcel, after so much pleading he refused to release it, even when I promised to give him money, he said the drone is contraband and it's already a government property and that his job is on the line if he releases it to me.
I don't think NIPOST officials steal these items, I've been ordering to Delta from AliExpress since 2014 not had this experience.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by iscom(m): 7:12am On Sep 21, 2020
Nipost has drastically changed. The way phones and other items are missing in the hands of nipost is a cause to investigate. I could remember when my items were missing, i went to my post office to get a clearance for them as aliexpress demand. My post office was saying i should go to lagos to get a clearance. I was shocked about their behaviour. That was how i lost the items.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by petitejolie(f): 7:12am On Sep 21, 2020
samcolee:

After tagging AliExpress they'll stop sending phones to Nigeria
it’s better na. Den u people will be going to cotonu to collect phones and won’t have to be wasting money on phones u won’t get at the end .

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by sixtus3606(m): 7:12am On Sep 21, 2020
valentinooo...yes o, they are!

Those guys are bunch of criminals. I remember I ordered a phone (Samsung S6) from the U.S back then in 2018, which I am still using till date. I tracked the phone all the way from the US down to Nigeria. But unfortunately, as soon as it got to Lagos, that was the end. it took me another two to three weeks before I was able to track the particular Nipost office where it was deposited.

I got to their office and this criminals had to pressure me to cough out 15k (fifteen thousand Naira), or forget about the phone. However, at last I paid 9k+.

We are too criminally-minded in this country.

You see, I try as much as possible not to allow the problems of this country of affect me anymore (Mentally Or Psychologically). But financially, God has already given me the grace to always find a way out.

Therefore bro, I advise you track the delivery again and reachout to the contacts(on their jurisdiction within your delivery location) displayed on their official website. For example, if the delivery is suppose to arrive in Yaba, Lagos, reachout to their offices located within Yaba, shomolu, Oyingbo, Lagos Island and Victoria Island.

if you are within this region, my best bet will be shomolu. those guys are worse.

best of luck!

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Mykaelz001(m): 7:12am On Sep 21, 2020
Track your items to be sure of its location and visit the head office of nipost in your state , ask them to check if it was recieved there then if confirmed you have a case for them to be taken seriously cuz someone could be sacked

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Samyokporua(m): 7:12am On Sep 21, 2020
Its possible some of their crooked officials are deliberately withholding it so that if or when Aliexpress refunds they won't have to deliver it, thereby confiscate the phone or parcel and make money off it because I also have a parcel that hasn't been delivered and it was bought around March/April.

It is also possible that the parcels have not been cleared yet and they are still sorting because a lot of goods come into the country daily and during the lock down, more still came in and wasn't sorted because people were at home. The work may be cumbersome and overwhelming now for them to handle although it doesn't justify why a parcel of March hasn't been delivered to the nearest post office as I ordered a phone at the same time with jumia and it was delivered timely.

It's just unfair that greed and Laissez-fare attitude has eaten deep into us in the country, government organizations look for how to milk you dry or just frustrate you.

Failed Government!!!

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by amaifehenry(m): 7:15am On Sep 21, 2020
What is your tracking number? Was it shipped as ordinary mail or Registered Mail? Let me know. People should stop giving us bad names here

Valentinooo:

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by adeolhu(m): 7:16am On Sep 21, 2020
I think the junior workers are yet to resume from the Covid break like their counterparts in other FG parastatals.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by iscom(m): 7:18am On Sep 21, 2020
Many stores have already stopped shipping to Nigeria.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:21am On Sep 21, 2020
BoboNogoDie:

This is pure wickedness and greed.
Why won't you confirm the order?
So that you get refunded later abi?
People like you will make them blacklist us soon.
SMH

Oga, take some time to think.

It was an experiment to see if NIPOST will update their tracking status after I picked up the order.

A refund is only given if a dispute is opened by the buyer and I have no intention to open a dispute.

If the buyer does not open a dispute within 15 days after the expiration of the purchase protection period the order is automatically closed.

Be reasonable please.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Samyokporua(m): 7:22am On Sep 21, 2020
There is no way a phone would be ordinary mail oga and you know that
amaifehenry:
What is your tracking number? Was it shipped as ordinary mail or Registered Mail? Let me know. People should stop giving us bad names here

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Newboss(m): 7:26am On Sep 21, 2020
Shithole. You still think politicians are the problem? You will wake up one day

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by itsmayiela(m): 7:27am On Sep 21, 2020
It is not only phones pls. Even inexpensive items that i ordered were not delivered.

Customs and NIPOST are the culprit here.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Xisnin(m): 7:27am On Sep 21, 2020
mctfopt:
I can't really fault NIPOST as my experiences with em has been generally ok. Never lost a single package, all my package that never arrived I got refunded. I've even received package 6 months after I have been refunded. Unfortunately, in most of these instances I can't reach seller as some have either closed or gone out of business. I never really understand why most AE sellers keep closing stores and I guess opening under a new name. AE must've made it very easy for this to happen.
The bold is the problem you are not seeing.
Sellers close their stores when they are continuosly defrauded.
From your perspective, you got refunded but the seller lost all his investment.

When NIPOST staff steal customers' item, they are destroying seller's business.
Eventually, many sellers will catch up to the scheme and stop shipping to Nigeria.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by khalidx: 7:28am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:

Seriously, this is another bad image for Nigeria.
If aliexpress kept refunding Nigerians for items that have been shipped to their country, then its only a matter of time before they blacklist us.
umidigi online store.has blacklisted us already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Gadgets from Anker, Amazon, JLab, Xiaomi, Haylou, Soundpeats etc. / How To Download Whatsapp For Blackberry Paid Version For Free (pictorial Guide) / Automatic Car Jack , Wheelspanner And Tyre Pump - Just Push A Button

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70