Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? - Technology Market (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? (37941 Views)

We Buy For You From Aliexpress,1688 &taobao And Ship To Nigeria / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Xisnin(m): 7:28am On Sep 21, 2020
If you asked this thieves what is the problem with Nigeria?
They will answer "corruption" and claim that Nigeria is not working due to "bad leaders".
SMH

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Laredojohn(m): 7:29am On Sep 21, 2020
There is power in social media, take this matter to Twitter, copy the Minister of communication, tag the post master General, servicom, consumer protection council and other government agencies, sure this matter will be resolved.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Gkemz: 7:29am On Sep 21, 2020
This is why I order from jumia or simply buy from a physical market if it's available in the market to avoid stories like this. Even though the prices may be higher but it's better than having it stolen by nipost official.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by oluwatodimu1(m): 7:30am On Sep 21, 2020
I am currently experiencing the same thing... I have tracked items and most if not all are already on the country but I don't understand why it is taking so long... 2months no be joke o!
I am tired of tracking already
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by deprinceAO: 7:32am On Sep 21, 2020
Thank God for this thread oo cuz am planning to order one today but with this i think i will chilax first
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Bizibi(m): 7:33am On Sep 21, 2020
RonaldoVido:

You are not serious.

The way to get things done.

Get up, if you no get craze for head, you won't get what you want, carry somebody go there. Tell them you must leave their office with your phone that day.

Keep making calls and forming calls inside their office. Sometimes you shout, rake, then sit down and rest.

Later, you continue again till 4 pm. Do it the next day.

That is if you no get work for office.
na wa!! Everything in Nigeria na stress.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Samyokporua(m): 7:34am On Sep 21, 2020
Exactly, people have similar experiences, you would get refunded. The seller would run at a loss. Like a yahoo scheme. I took this personal because I have created a thread about NIPOST sometime ago it equally hit front page and I was contacted by the postmaster General then, the issue was resolved yet the underlying fraud is still ongoing inwhich I'm sure the PMG doesn't even know about. I had about 12 parcels coming into the country from March this year, only about 7 came through.

Till date one item of high value hasn't come. What's the excuse?

Change has to start from somewhere.

Xisnin:

The bold is the problem you are not seeing.
Sellers close their stores when they are continuosly defrauded.
From your perspective, you got refunded but the seller lost all its investment.

When NIPOST staff steal customers' item, they are destroying seller's business.
Eventually, many seller will catch up to the scheme and stop shipping to Nigeria.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Xisnin(m): 7:38am On Sep 21, 2020
kenny1111:
let me drop my thought, obviously the delay might be caused by covid19 but definitely not just that.
do you guys know some of these packages are usually been held but Customs, DSS and NDLEA where they are probably been stolen and whisk away?
well, I paid almost 80,000 as customs fee to get few iphones a friend sent down from USA to his relative via fedex recently and that apart from the normal shipping fee which wass already paid to FEDEX from yankee oo, d money wasn't paid to individual but was paid to FEDEx account here in nigeria who later generated d customs receipt of payment for me and i had to call NDLEA and DSS to provide certain information before it was released,
all these are recent development and regulations to generation more money for the government and security checks, u guys are suppose to have a follow up call by this agency once the goods land in naija but trust my naija officers , na goat meat they do with some of this valuables.....I might be very wrong, i just spoke from experience
You are not wrong.
It doesn happen.
The problem is that sometime, people don't even know where their item is hanging
which is very bad.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by adm212144: 7:40am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

This is corporate robbery and should be condemned.

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

I have to create this new thread to make our plight known to the whole world.

I have also tagged those who are having this same issue.

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala
report the matter on nipost Twitter account it will be immediately look into
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Kubernetes: 7:44am On Sep 21, 2020
My two antique phones(Hp ipaq glisten and hp ipaq h6300) was shipped from America last two months.Till now,it's showing "Your item departed a transfer airport in CINCI./NRTHRN KENTUCKY, CINCINNATI, UNITED STATES on August 28, 2020 at 2:39 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination"

I also bought a used Uniherzt Titan last 4 weeks from eBay.Till now it's showing
"Origin Airline Carrier Departure/Uplift Cincinnati US... Sept 8th,at 2:22am"

I am tempted to believing,delay may be due to corona or Custom delays.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by RomanianNinja: 7:46am On Sep 21, 2020
Why not use your home address to receive the items?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by queenfav(f): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2020
This is why i quietly ordered my phone from a seller on nairaland that had it on ground.AliExpress orders are now like gambling.No guarantee of getting it despite the slow shipping time.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by RomanianNinja: 7:49am On Sep 21, 2020
Early last year, I ordered some items (not phones) in February but I received them in May. It's possible that it hasn't gotten to NIPOST yet or it is there but just know you'll get the phone sha. Don't ask for refund yet because I asked for a refund during my time and felt bad when I received it later

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by stanisbaratheon: 7:53am On Sep 21, 2020
amaifehenry:
What is your tracking number? Was it shipped as ordinary mail or Registered Mail? Let me know. People should stop giving us bad names here

You earned the bad name.

Why are phones being held by Nipost?? Answer this and we'll take you serious.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by HAVEIT(m): 7:53am On Sep 21, 2020
I believe is now better to use paid delivery method if you are ordering anything from aliexpress because you product will safely get to you. Since free delivery is now a problem. I remember those days how Nipost will even call me to come and pick my order. I Will go to their office and pick up my good well packed and in good condition
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by stanisbaratheon: 7:54am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala

Well done for putting this thread together.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by queenfav(f): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2020
Elder0001:
Why order phone from aliexpress when you go buy within your vicinity?
I tire?I learnt my lesson from redmi note 5 i ordered in 2018.Customs billed me 9000 naira,after waiting for a month plus.

Eventually,the price of the phone plus d 9000 customs fee made it more expensive,compared to what i would have gotten it for if i ordered from a nairaland vendor.

Since then i vowed never to order phones from AliExpress.My mi Note 10 lite is about 120k there,i got it 147000 here.I don't mind the difference cos i got my phone the next day after i paid.

With this pandemic, I won't advice anyone to buy anything from AliExpress to avoid losing money.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by sugah: 7:55am On Sep 21, 2020
Bobxin:
I have not had this experience with phone I ordered from AliExpress in Delta. I ordered last year, and it was delivered around January, not sure of the month, but it was delivered this year.
The only item of concern is the DJI drone I ordered which was seizes by custom, I only got the EMS bill where it was written "seizure". I immediately travelled to Lagos met the same officer who accessed the parcel, after so much pleading he refused to release it, even when I promised to give him money, he said the drone is contraband and it's already a government property and that his job is on the line if he releases it to me.
I don't think NIPOST officials steal these items, I've been ordering to Delta from AliExpress since 2014 not had this experience.
You need to have NSA clearance to import
/use a drone else it'll be seized by customs.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by richie0(m): 7:57am On Sep 21, 2020
Same thing happens with goods sent from wish..you track the goods till it gets to nigeria from there own end but you never recieve the items here in nigeria,They search the items and see if its a valuable itwm they withold it and send only the once not important to them....what a shameful country..nija i hail una
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by 3fcc: 7:58am On Sep 21, 2020
My graphics tablet arrived on the 25th of last month at inward office of exchange Lagos. Since then, the update hasn't changed and my friend that bought a smaller version of the graphics tablet had collected his own.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 8:01am On Sep 21, 2020
INSTANTCASH345:

You didn't tag me as well.

It's not only phone.I also complained march this year and only few commented on my topic and I probably know you were one of them who read my thread and left and now,your complain has arrived.

This is exactly what happens if we don't show concern to people's plight,one day,it will surely be our own turn.

As for my Laptop ordered from China which was indicated shipped but I didn't get it here even after
a month, I messaged the buyer and requested for a refund (PayPal).

I got my money and,bought it in Nigeria never use aliexpress again or order such things online.

What I know is that,since you don't have a business or company on which you are recognized,you can't import else it will be impounded.

But when u have your company registered and you order for such goods especially in bulk,no one will dear touch it except if it's contraband and didn't follow the right protocol.

That being said,always buy from Nigeria except if what you want to buy is less than $20 and what you can afford to loose otherwise,your money will be engulfed like those who play bet9ja and loose.

It's not that your case was ignored or something like that. You know how all these things are. When it happens to one or two persons, it will go as "one of those things that happen". But it's getting very rampant and centralized.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 8:04am On Sep 21, 2020
AVISENNA:
Post Covid, global logistics have been experiencing a lot of delays non the less it's best to double check with vendor and also track shipment ,after that use all necessary thread and platforms to flag this new development.
This thing is not covid matter. Orders that werr made August are coming in fast. Everything from early July especially those despatched July 8, if it's important, it won't come.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Flyboyk: 8:08am On Sep 21, 2020
The systemati theft in nipost is huge , the image in this country is bad, parcel always stolen everytime esp digital orders , nipost is hugely corrupt

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 8:13am On Sep 21, 2020
nedekid:

I posted there. They deleted my post!
Nigeria na scam
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by queenfav(f): 8:14am On Sep 21, 2020
RonaldoVido:

You are not serious.

The way to get things done.

Get up, if you no get craze for head, you won't get what you want, carry somebody go there. Tell them you must leave their office with your phone that day.

Keep making calls and forming calls inside their office. Sometimes you shout, rake, then sit down and rest.

Later, you continue again till 4 pm. Do it the next day.

That is if you no get work for office.
hahahaha,i wan die for laughter.See eh, you don't know those civil servants.They will ignore you.People that carry melon to break in the office? Them get time!When you finish shouting, you will go home.

The best approach is to throw money at the problem.I have a post office guy who was bringing my AliExpress parcels to my shop.He takes it upon himself to check and keep my parcels for me.How did i form that relationship?Money.

I dash him 500 each time he brings a parcel for me. Sometimes sef i dey add cold malt or bottled water if the weather is hot.So he doesn't joke with my parcels.He is always calling me to tell me when any of my items come in.

Just look for one of them to befriend, that's how you get results if not you will lose out! They like bribe and egunje a lot.Once u dash them money,they will carry your matter on their head.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 21, 2020
11Anonymous:
I ordered a small phone on July 23rd, it was was shipped on Aug 1st. I no see phone for past 1month, I went to the Post office to track it for me, they decided to help me track it after waiting for an hour, they said it has been in Naija since Aug 21st.

I neva see phone till now. Today na Sept 19.
I won't be surprised if AliExpress stops shipping to Naija. They have really lost a lot from shipping to Nigeria.
My story is similar to yours. I was tracking the phone until it got to Nigeria and disappeared. Two years after, no phone (iPhone & Samsung), no news. This was supposed to be delivered to Abuja.

Whoever still send phones through NIPOST na e sabi
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by poweredcom(m): 8:16am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala

Bros Dem don carry your fone go just forget am
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 8:16am On Sep 21, 2020
yommen:
Guys, I once ordered 3 piece of android tablets from China but because I couldn't afford to wait for 35-40 days they normally write, I used chrisvicmall.com and I received my package in about 5 days. It's a private shipping company and their price is about 10USD for less than 1KG. Ship your item to their address on China and give them your address in Nigeria. The delivered to me in Ikorodu Lagos.

Yes , I remembered I bought some tablets much earlier and shipped through may be NIPOST or those very popular courier service. I was later invited to the airport where the items were held. I bribed customs officers to collect then.

Guys, use chrisvicmall.com henceforth. You should receive your items in about 10days. Just make sure you read an understand heir processes on their website.
This one is just promotion. Do you know how much AliExpress is helping small businesses and individuals? Chrisvicmall had prices that would cripple some people. I don't want to go too in depth in that cos it's not like his own is much higher than the competition. But my point is that people go to AliExpress because it's cheap.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Sheriman(m): 8:18am On Sep 21, 2020
Everything about Nigeria is Wack
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 8:19am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:

I have not been refunded sir. They claimed my package is in my country. That nipost refused to update the tracking information
NIPOST refuses to update certain tracking informations. I have seen people here on nairaland who would get an order with dust all over it, and after a day they would see a long list of new tracking updates. Starting from "arrived at destination" till "delivery attempt failed"
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Originalsly: 8:20am On Sep 21, 2020
iKingsley:

NIPOST is wacky. Imagine, post-COVID-19 and their workers are still reluctant to start work fully. I could remember during the early days of Coronavirus when the States and the rest of the world were in lockdown, their post office was still working.

Till now, NIPOST has vowed not to put themselves into good use. I wonder what they do with our parcels gathering dust at their offices.

WE NEED OUR MAILS, NIPOST!!

I'm disappointed with the Nigerian Postal Service, honestly. undecided

True. The Postal Service is an essential service in any country and will remain open regardless of circumstances.... I guess except in the few countries where it has been privatised. Yes...USPS was fully operational during the lockdown and the most critical delivery was medications. NIPOST should be operating same as USPS.... the problem is oversight. It's operation is not monitored.... there is no measures in place to prevent theft.... no consequences for employees who are caught. The system breeds fraud. If these measures are in place... and enforced... then NIPOST can in time be the most trusted entity in Nigeria... same as USPS. For now we can't even imagine receiving passport... driver's license.... land titles.... checks.... money orders ....electronics in original boxes... air conditioners... car tyres... live fish.... live plants... medications... including tramadol... all arriving in ordinary mail.... passing through several hands and delivered to your door. It is for us when we have a problem.... to make it our duty to take our cases to higher offices until we get it resolved. If no satisfactory results... then we need to take it to the media.... radio... TV.... if we feed media with our individual complains they will see it as newsworthy... trending... and will make it an issue. The ones responsible for the safe delivery of mail will then be under the spotlight.... his job will be at stake... and only then will spring into action and pressure or fire his irresponsible wards in charge of the problematic Post Offices. Change begins from us..... if we do nothing we shouldn't expect anything.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Lemonz(m): 8:32am On Sep 21, 2020
samcolee:

After tagging AliExpress they'll stop sending phones to Nigeria
Make nobody tag AliExpress o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Gadgets from Anker, Amazon, JLab, Xiaomi, Haylou, Soundpeats etc. / How To Download Whatsapp For Blackberry Paid Version For Free (pictorial Guide) / Automatic Car Jack , Wheelspanner And Tyre Pump - Just Push A Button

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70