Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,059 members, 7,814,647 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election (45724 Views)

Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second / Tony Momoh: I Won’t Be Shocked If Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election / Beloved Anieze: Lady Draws Atiku 2019, Atiku Reacts (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by DebbieBianca(f): 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2020
The former Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidates Atiku has congratulated Governor Obaseki on his victory, says The End of Godfatherism Has Come in Nigeria.

In his series of tweets, he wrote;

"I look forward to the continuation of four more years of tangible development, and people centered leadership from Governor Obaseki.

In good times, we will walk beside you. In bad times, we will be your loyal ‘comrade’. We will never be a turncoat. We will never abandon the principles we once espoused so that we can dine with our nemesis. Democracy has no nemesis. And this, the PDP has again proved.

The End of Godfatherism Has Come in Nigeria.

There is a new dawn in Edo State, and the hard-won victory of @GovernorObaseki is not just a victory, but a Declaration of Independence from the anti-democratic forces of godfatherism and militarism. #EdoDecides2020.

I also seize this opportunity to thank His Royal Highness, the Oba of Benin, Omo N'oba N'Edo Uku Akpolopkolo, Ewuare II, for the fatherly role he played as a neutral catalyst for peace.

That this election was, by and large, free from violence, is a testament of the long and effective shadow he casts over his domain.

From personal experience, I know Governor Obaseki to be a magnanimous man, and I urge Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu to accept the right hand of fellowship that is likely to be extended to him.

The leprous hand he is now holding can only lead to a destination of barrenness. He is amongst strange bedfellows, & I remind him that no matter how far one has gone on a wrong road, it is never too late to turn back & head in the right direction. The PDP is the right direction.

And to the good people of Ondo state, my message to you is that freedom from the oppressive grasp of godfathers and external forces that seek to dominate your will and eviscerate your treasury, is possible. Edo has done it. You can do it too!

There is a new wind of democratic change now blowing all over Nigeria. The forces of despotism, nepotism, and interlopers cannot successfully withstand this force.

Nigeria shall soon be totally free from these forces, from Kaura Namoda, to Lagos. The only power that will stand in Nigeria is people power, not the power of godfathers, or despots.

May God bless the good people of Edo State and may God bless Nigeria.

https://mobile.twitter.com/atiku/status/1307677236309491712

127 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by janedonez(m): 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
Good, Obaseki, don't disappoint the good people of Edo and Nigeria. Otherwise, posterity won't be fair to you. As for the Lagos Lord, know that your territory is different from Nigeria.
Kudos to Wike, a dependable ally
Kudos to Shuaibu,you are a formidable force
Kudos to the good people of Edo for their resilience

276 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by SmartProf(m): 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
Yes o...abeg let's observe a one minute silence for the so called expired godfathers. Obaseki has shown braveness in dealing with godfathers. Ambode no even qualify as apprentice to Obaseki cause him no get iron balls, na cheese balls him get. Infact Obaseki, Shaibu, Wike & the Edo people use these godfathers clean nyash. Right now the so called godfathers dey like almajiris. PDP scattered this APC virus for Edo like crackers buscuit. Edo no be Lagos at any level.

214 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Officialgarri: 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
Although I really wanted APC to take the trophy again, but this is the beauty of democracy. I'm not from Edo and the people of Edo who actually knows where the shoe pinches have used the might of democracy to choose whom they want.

This is no cause for bad blood, hatred, Wailing, blackmail, negative news et al , especially when it's the people that will end up suffering every bad policies made.

Congratulations Governor Obaseki. And we wish you a successful 4 years that will benefit the people of Edo state 100%.

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Ogegeodey(m): 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
But he couldn't attend his campaign.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by SirIconR(m): 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
Na God----win oooh

10 Likes

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by baliyubla: 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
The North has thrown APC under the Bus and have moved in droves back to PDP. The idea is to retain power in 2023.

Shouting Sai Buhari or supporting APC in the Noth right now is like having a death wish.

APC will go back to being a SW regional party in 2023 like ACN.

Our Ewedu brethren have been played again. Congrats GGO.

Edo no be Lagos.

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by IgbalodeRaymond: 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
my president has spoken

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Legalcriminal: 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
Issoright...
Congratulations to him but i don’t trust any of these politicians.
Hope after shouting togba you won’t come here to blame him for not paying Workers or abandon project in few times now.

APCvsPDP = Failure

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Karemarealty288(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
The leprous hand he is now holding can only lead to a destination of barrenness. He is amongst strange bedfellows, & I remind him that no matter how far one has gone on a wrong road, it is never too late to turn back & head in the right direction. The PDP is the right direction.

Oshomole gave him LEPROUS MoNKEy HaND.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Indispensable85(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
Atiku please don't ever bother to contest in 2023. If you try it, we'll deal with your party like we did to apc in Edo. We can't have Hausa for 16yrs. If pdp like make dem try us.

45 Likes

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by dyera(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
4 + 4 Ogbane (e don't complete).

Oya let the congratulatory messages be pouring in.

Oshiomhole's woes has only just begun. His political burial will be held next week.

30 Likes

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by clevvermind(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
Congratulations to Edo people congratulations Obaseki . Imagine oshiomole called someone a thief in 2016 and yet you brought that thief to come and contest in 2020 masquerading, kneeling down and trying to deceive the people. To Obaseki kindly repay the people's faith in you by performing even more than your first tenure.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by TabletMan: 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
Now Yoruba people calling Edo people Ipob can go and rest.
I don't know what some people gain by pushing the agenda of one man that don't even know they exist.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by chinoxstock: 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
Ondo fit be Edo?

8 Likes

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Themainboy22: 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
Congratulations Mr Obaseki, You fought like a Man.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by ecolime(m): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2020
The people have spoken.

Na man you be Obaseki... Shame on you Ambode

On another note, I personally believe the Federal government refused to pull a fast one on us through INEC. They purposely let this happen to further humiliate and demystify both Tinubu and Oshiomole as they've been doing since last year.

We should brace up for another Northern presidency come 2023. The Fulanis are very smart.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by mbaise1000: 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2020
the only place a person with brooms can win elections is in a dirty place. if you know you know congratulations my half inlaws and pray that iyamu wouldn't be the next supreme court gov

11 Likes

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by serverconnect(m): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2020
Obaseki is a real man. Truly, Edo no be Eko. Congratulations sir.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by ArmedRobber: 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2020
baliyubla:
The North has thrown APC under the Bus and have moved in droves back to PDP. The idea is to retain power in 2023.

Our Ewedu brethren have been played again. Congrats GGO

Edo no be Lagos.
out of 7 states in core north APC have 5 govs pdp have 1 and another supreme court gov that will be booted out in 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by dynicks(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
Edo no be Lagos!!

Congrats to the people of EDO state!

ONDO State! we coming for you too!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by festacman(m): 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
The way Gov. Wike go take sigh for this Atiku's statement eeeh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by ArmedRobber: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
baliyubla:

Our Ewedu brethren have been played again. Congrats GGO

Edo no be Lagos.
out of 7 states in core north APC have 5 govs pdp have 1 and another supreme court gov that will be booted out in 2023.

You see APC caucus of south south region re the one that lost out.
APC formation is rooted in the 1st 2nd and 3rd region with the highest number of voting population namely
North west region
South west region
North central Region.

If you think south south and south east region votes can neutralize this formation then you re sleeping on a bike

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Gondonu: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
Congratulations to Obaseki and Edo people.It was a hard fight but providence was on your side.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Kendumazy(m): 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
Congrats obaseki!
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by OkhaiAsein(m): 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
Godfatherism has ended for sure. thank God obaseki won.
At cheaper price DM for your logo design

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by DropsMic(m): 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
Edo No Be Lagos

10 Likes

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Austineva(m): 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
Yes oo, PDP!!! Power to d people. Congrats to Obaseki and all PDP stakeholders. Oshocriminal with die of heartbreak tonight. D Oshocriminal after d Inec Result

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by wunmi590(m): 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
cool

I'm one of the most happiest person on earth hearing the news of Obaseki despite the fact that I'm not from Edo.

It gives me joy that such credible free and fair election and the death of godfatherrism in the state has been buried.

I love your courage, and I love your political fight, this shows that you know your onions and truly the people loves you.

Please Mr. Obaseki, it is now your turn to deliever good dividend of democracy to tour people, your people needs you now.

Their salaries should be paid as at when due
Give them good roads
Give them pipe borne water
Hive them good health care
Most importantly their security should be guaranteed.

Lastly, make sure you carry your deputy along, you can only have people like that once.

Wish you success

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

‘Dear Easterners, I’m Not Sorry’, Brymo Stands By Igbo Presidency Comment / Dino Melaye Arrives Lokoja Court In Police Ambulance (Photo) / Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.