Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election (45759 Views)

Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second / Tony Momoh: I Won’t Be Shocked If Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election / Beloved Anieze: Lady Draws Atiku 2019, Atiku Reacts (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by MINORU: 5:06am On Sep 21, 2020
Igbos will take over lagos very very soon ...Mark today's date

Watch and see
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Godsspeed: 7:04am On Sep 21, 2020
I am really taken aback that mere political appointment of a toothless, ceremonial, powerless, and above all voiceless adviser to the governor or even a commissioner, was enough to buy your conscience in this digital era laced with extraordinary scientific breakthroughs, democracy, political awareness, human rights activism, globalization of all aspects of life. Let me ask you, what did Nigeria do for Canada that made them appoint a Nigerian Ibo as the Minister of Justice, a very key post and in a well advanced country.
In fact, you sound like a potential product of godfatherism, but even in this era of political awakening that has birthed political emancipation in hitherto political godsons (e.g. Obaseki).

Goke7:

Even if you are given 100% you can never be satisfied, always wanting to be given what's not and cannot be yours. Sit down there and wait till we make you oba of lagos. Jokers
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by kolade560: 7:34am On Sep 21, 2020
Officialgarri:
Although I really wanted APC to take the trophy again, but this is the beauty of democracy. I'm not from Edo and the people of Edo who actually knows where the shoe pinches have used the might of democracy to choose whom they want.

This is no cause for bad blood, hatred, Wailing, blackmail, negative news et al , especially when it's the people that will end up suffering every bad policies made.

Congratulations Governor Obaseki. And we wish you a successful 4 years that will benefit the people of Edo state 100%.
no reasonable person will want APC to win any election in this country having seen their colossal failure.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Goke7: 8:03am On Sep 21, 2020
Godsspeed:
I am really taken aback that mere political appointment of a toothless, ceremonial, powerless, and above all voiceless adviser to the governor or even a commissioner, was enough to buy your conscience in this digital era laced with extraordinary scientific breakthroughs, democracy, political awareness, human rights activism, globalization of all aspects of life. Let me ask you, what did Nigeria do for Canada that made them appoint a Nigerian Ibo as the Minister of Justice, a very key post and in a well advanced country.
In fact, you sound like a potential product of godfatherism, but even in this era of political awakening that has birthed political emancipation in hitherto political godsons (e.g. Obaseki).

Hypocrites, how many non indigenes have you appointed in your own land. Instead of you guys to focus on the bad governance in your own states, you are always busybodies in other people's affairs, blow grammar from here till tomorrow, no one gives a damn about you lots cos your presence benefits no one.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Godsspeed: 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
Let any group in my state contribute just half of what the Igbos contributed and still contribute to the coffers of Lagos state, then I will champion their cause in my state until they are given their rightful place in governance... If the Igbos are well represented in Lagos, why are the Igbo traders being harassed every time? The incarcerated appointees of course have no mouths , let alone balls to defend their brothers ad sisters. Wake up brother !

Goke7:

Hypocrites, how many non indigenes have you appointed in your own land. Instead of you guys to focus on the bad governance in your own states, you are always busybodies in other people's affairs, blow grammar from here till tomorrow, no one gives a damn about you lots cos your presence benefits no one.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Officialgarri: 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
kolade560:

no reasonable person will want APC to win any election in this country having seen their colossal failure.
And PDP has been a success but people decided to vote them out anyways right?

Before voicing out, speak into your palms and perceive it if it smells reasonable or not.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Goke7: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
Godsspeed:
Let any group in my state contribute just half of what the Igbos contributed and still contribute to the coffers of Lagos state, then I will champion their cause in my state until they are given their rightful place in governance... If the Igbos are well represented in Lagos, why are the Igbo traders being harassed every time? The incarcerated appointees of course have no mouths , let alone balls to defend their brothers ad sisters. Wake up brother !

Wetin dey una states wet go make person leave better place go there, plsssss
If they are truly contributing no one who harras anybody nah. What the hell are you guys contributing that you make so much noise about, those filth you are making all over ladipo and other markets, abeg we need better investments than those trash.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Supremecc(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
ArmedRobber:
out of 7 states in core north APC have 5 govs pdp have 1 and another supreme court gov that will be booted out in 2023.

You see APC caucus of south south region re the one that lost out.
APC formation is rooted in the 1st 2nd and 3rd region with the highest number of voting population namely
North west region
South west region
North central Region.

If you think south south and south east region votes can neutralize this formation then you re sleeping on a bike

Guy calm down removed north central from your list apart from Niger, the rest state normal vote PDP during presidential election since 2011.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
MINORU:
Igbos will take over lagos very very soon ...Mark today's date

Watch and see
In your father's widest dream.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Godsspeed: 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2020
Do you know how Trade fair came into existence, do you know the pillars upon which the Lagos commercial hub revolves? Igbos are very industrious folks. So if your godfather really want to reward them (as you claimed) , I won't say he should do more (bc he has not done ANYTHING AT ALL); he should do something. In fact, the political tide that passed through Edo is heading to Lagos, not even you can stop it! Cheers!

Goke7:

Wetin dey una states wet go make person leave better place go there, plsssss
If they are truly contributing no one who harras anybody nah. What the hell are you guys contributing that you make so much noise about, those filth you are making all over ladipo and other markets, abeg we need better investments than those trash.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Goke7: 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
Godsspeed:
Do you know how Trade fair came into existence, do you know the pillars upon which the Lagos commercial hub revolves? Igbos are very industrious folks. So if your godfather really want to reward them (as you claimed) , I won't say he should do more (bc he has not done ANYTHING AT ALL); he should do something. In fact, the political tide that passed through Edo is heading to Lagos, not even you can stop it! Cheers!

We are waiting for you guys to bring your candidate, you can even present an igbo man as candidate, and edo man deputy shebi una plenty. Jokers grin
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Godsspeed: 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
They saw somebody's corruption file on Magu's desk not too long ago, remember! Just saying tho.., because something is really cooking that you are not aware of yet.. wink

Goke7:

We are waiting for you guys to bring your candidate, you can even present an igbo man as candidate, and edo man deputy shebi una plenty. Jokers grin
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by kolade560: 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
Officialgarri:

And PDP has been a success but people decided to vote them out anyways right?

Before voicing out, speak into your palms and perceive it if it smells reasonable or not.
You are a competent fool, will u compare this clueless and staunch govt with PDP govt
Buhari ass licker
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:33am On Sep 22, 2020
Godsspeed:
I feel you bro. But you know that Igbos' contributions to Lagos state IGR is second to none in the whole of Nigeria. If you look at it very well, you will see that Tinubu's appointment of Igbo in his cabinet is not even enough to compensate one tenth of Igbos' contribution to the coffers of lagos state. If the Igbos had contributed that way to any other state's revenue, those states might have done far better than Tinubu in compensating the Igbos.

Igbo actually contribute more to Kano commerce than we do Lagos. Go and check with brothers in Kano.

Traditionally, Hausa traded in produce and commodities - sugar, salt, flour, leather, groundnut oil, onion, kola and so on. These are all locally obtained. Importation by Igbo has mixed up and transformed commerce in Kano. Igbo introduced new commerce in North.

Whereas in Lagos we met and entered into what Yorubas were already exchanging up and down West Africa. We championed spare parts trade but we were not originator of the commerce.

So to your point, we actually destroyed our own chance in Lagos. We screwed up. Idimogwu is now trying to save us. We had four PDP representatives, two at state and two at federal. If Idimogwu had not crossed over we would not have a single representative today. It has nothing to do with our commercial relevance but everything to do with politics. After we won four seats we refused to play politics and started smelling ourselves, we got kicked out.

God bless Idimogwu. Igbo need to enter mainstream and elite circle in Lagos. We can achive it through politics.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by MINORU: 5:36am On Sep 22, 2020
wizzakosh:
In your father's widest dream.

Your father will be there when it will happen

Don't Let The Igbos Take Over Lagos State". - - Yoruba Trader NATA Association Tells Lagos State Govt
▪️Yoruba Traders Calls For The Removal Of Igbo Businessmen From Lagos Because They Believe Igbos Are Taking Over Lagos State. I Thought They Said Nigeria Is One? Yet, They Hate The Igbos Because They Cannot Compete With Them

What a shame

Lol
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:43am On Sep 22, 2020
post=94138279:
[s][/s]
Focus on Edo, election that's the topic .
Remind Obaseki there are ethnic Igbos in Edo State. Now that he has won, it is time for Edo to be Lagos and put our people in cabinet. We are not begging. The way people like you spent sleepless nights to root for him, its time to see dividends of your effort. Obaseki must appoint Igbo into his cabinet, and support few to Edo house of assembly. They are indigenes of Edo, not migrants.

If you fail to convince Obaseki and achieve that then you are useless Igboman .
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 22, 2020
MINORU:

Your father will be there when it will happen

Don't Let The Igbos Take Over Lagos State". - - Yoruba Trader NATA Association Tells Lagos State Govt
▪️Yoruba Traders Calls For The Removal Of Igbo Businessmen From Lagos Because They Believe Igbos Are Taking Over Lagos State. I Thought They Said Nigeria Is One? Yet, They Hate The Igbos Because They Cannot Compete With Them

What a shame

Lol
I repeat, in your parents widest dreams.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Godsspeed: 8:40am On Sep 22, 2020
No, Igdos' contribution in Lagos is more, in fact they are afraid to invest up North, but in Lagos they are more comfortable; hence diverse investments. All the same, let's see if your man's voice will be heard or not.

AsiwajuNdigbo:

Igbo actually contribute more to Kano commerce than we do Lagos. Go and check with brothers in Kano.

Traditionally, Hausa traded in produce and commodities - sugar, salt, flour, leather, groundnut oil, onion, kola and so on. These are all locally obtained. Importation by Igbo has mixed up and transformed commerce in Kano. Igbo introduced new commerce in North.

Whereas in Lagos we met and entered into what Yorubas were already exchanging up and down West Africa. We championed spare parts trade but we were not originator of the commerce.

So to your point, we actually destroyed our own chance in Lagos. We screwed up. Idimogwu is now trying to save us. We had four PDP representatives, two at state and two at federal. If Idimogwu had not crossed over we would not have a single representative today. It has nothing to do with our commercial relevance but everything to do with politics. After we won four seats we refused to play politics and started smelling ourselves, we got kicked out.

God bless Idimogwu. Igbo need to enter mainstream and elite circle in Lagos. We can achive it through politics.

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by AsiwajuNdigbo: 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2020
Godsspeed:
No, Igdos' contribution in Lagos is more, in fact they are afraid to invest up North, but in Lagos they are more comfortable; hence diverse investments. All the same, let's see if your man's voice will be heard or not.

Ok, if we are comfortable in Lagos why cant we make it even more comfortable by doing what Idimogwu is preaching?
This is my point.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by MINORU: 12:24am On Sep 23, 2020
wizzakosh:
I repeat, in your parents widest dreams.

Your parents are fools, I can see that

Lol
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2020
MINORU:

Your parents are fools, I can see that

Lol
You don't need to tell me your parents' level of stupidity, I see that in you.

Both of them can keep dreaming.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 24, 2020
Godsspeed:

Go to Ghana and tell them this trash.

What are Igbos contributing in Lagos, tell me
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Goke7: 9:17am On Sep 24, 2020
Godsspeed:

see your problem? you guys can only make noise where your nuisances are tolerated, las las those nuisances will be treated properly in the nearest future.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by MINORU: 9:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
You don't need to tell me how poor your parents are cause I hear that from your voice

Poverty runs in your lineage lol...Has your parents eaten today? Or have you eaten today?

You and your poor parents are this intelligent and you fools are poor

Send your account number let me send you some money to feed your poor parents

My parents don't dream, they make things happen...when you make things happen you are rich

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A View From The Cockpit Of A Nigerian Air Force Jet (Video) / 'I Am Now The Governor Of Ebonyi' - PDP's Idu Igariwey Declares / Femi Fani-Kayode After EFCC Granted Him Bail Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.