Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election (45744 Views)

Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second / Tony Momoh: I Won’t Be Shocked If Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election / Beloved Anieze: Lady Draws Atiku 2019, Atiku Reacts (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by zoedew: 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
femlad97:
shine ur eye bro all of them are one
You live in yesterday amigo! Before now you do not confront a godfather in politics NSEW of Nigeria. Let us celebrate the giant stride Obaseki just took and successfully too! A new and better generation is getting revealed!!
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by buchilino(m): 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
Officialgarri:
Although I really wanted APC to take the trophy again, but this is the beauty of democracy. I'm not from Edo and the people of Edo who actually knows where the shoe pinches have used the might of democracy to choose whom they want.

This is no cause for bad blood, hatred, Wailing, blackmail, negative news et al , especially when it's the people that will end up suffering every bad policies made.

Congratulations Governor Obaseki. And we wish you a successful 4 years that will benefit the people of Edo state 100%.

SPOKEN LIKE A GENTLE MAN
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by knowyaself2(m): 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
DebbieBianca:
The former Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidates Atiku has congratulated Governor Obaseki on his victory, says The End of Godfatherism Has Come in Nigeria.

In his series of tweets, he wrote;

https://mobile.twitter.com/atiku/status/1307677236309491712
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by kiddkash(m): 6:54pm On Sep 20, 2020
janedonez:
Good, Obaseki, don't disappoint the good people of Edo and Nigeria. Otherwise, posterity won't be fair to you. As for the Lagos Lord, know that your territory is different from Nigeria.
Kudos to Wike, a dependable ally
Kudos to Shuaibu,you are a formidable force
Kudos to the good people of Edo for their resilience
stop this thing. do you want simplyleo to keep crying?

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by kiddkash(m): 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2020
Themainboy22:
Congratulations Mr Obaseki, You fought like a Man.
unlike that one in Lagos without scruples
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
post=94128977:
[s][/s]
Dumbo El Rufai never said power is going back to Southwest, he said south, Ihejirika was Chief of Army staff under Jonathan not Obasanjo always get your facts right, Igbo control commerce in Nigeria not just Lagos state, I can see this Edo election outcome pain you, please not anybody against Tinubu is Igbo, Edo people voted against APC I wonder how you involved Igbos in this, any thing against your tribe you dumb skulls will drag Igbos to your palava

Swear on the virtue of your ancestors that elRufai's South is anywher else but SW.

I never said he made Ihejirika a CoAS, I said the recognition and advancement of Igbo into mainstream was the grace of Obasanjo. This is a fact! Name any President before or after him, beside our kinman in SS, that filled cabinet and military posts with Igbo. Not even under Shagari or IBB, both of whom had Igboman as Vice, has our people been blessed with such inclusion as we enjoyed under Obasanjo.

Me i no be like una guys that continue to keep blindfold over your eyes. My blindfold came off long ago. Im very happy our leadership in Lagos are coming to same reality.

You are mixing me up with ThatFairGiy because the two posts were quoted by someone as a single post.

That FairGuy is Yoruba, Im not. Im born in Yorubaland and grewup there but I remain honest with myself and to my people on what we need to do to advance. You are far behing my brother. Wake up! In 100yrs if we maintain same attitude and progression our outcomes will never change.

Edo election no concern me. Same Obaseki was in APC just few months ago. If they set EFCC behind him he might return back to APC. In Imo what was outcome with Ihedioha victory? Where is it today? When Ihedioha was ousted how many Edo people join us to cry foulplay?

Abeg face your side bro.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Johnnyessence(m): 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2020
obaseki is a goal.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by DEROX: 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
my president has spoken
lol which aso rock is he staying
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2020
Godsspeed:

There is big difference between godfatherism and leadership. Obasanjo is a leader, Atiku is a leader, Jonathan is a leader! What do leaders do? - They see potential in you, draw you closer, nurture you, give you responsibility and support you to accomplish the task, that's why people like NOI, Ezekwesili, Soludo, Akinwunmi Adesina , Wike, etc were brought on board and made what they are today.
On the other hand, a godfather is a BOSS, and a DICTATOR. He brings you on board because he feels like doing so (whether you are qualified or not), he gives you orders and directives at will, irrespective of whose Ox is gored. If he sees any form of reasoning in you that can amount to self-determination, he kicks you out, because he can't watch you become like himself, let alone out-shining him. Godfathers use people, Leaders build people.

Im speaking from Igbo angle. Im not concerned about Edo.

Lagos State has been having cabinets since creation in 1967. I challenge any Igboman to name any cabinet of Lagos that ever rewarded us with cabinet positions beside Tinubu. Outside of SS/SE name any State cabinet in Nigeria that has ever recognized our contribution, but it cannot be denied that our contribution can be found all over Nigeria. In Abuja, we are the single leading mover and shaker of society and the economy. When is an Igboman going to be nominated into the FCT Council for God's sake? We leave what concerns us to go and fight battle over another man's wahala. Our concern is entering Lagos mainstream, we must change our fortune in that regard.

Obaseki is not useful to our goal in Lagos. Why are we fighting his battle? There are Igbo ethnic groups in Edo State. Will Obaseki put Igbo people in cabinet, or are there Igbo in Edo house of assembly?

Why are my people so blind?
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by OSUWAKEABAM(m): 7:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
The leprous hand he is now holding can only lead to a destination of barrenness. He is amongst strange bedfellows, & I remind him that no matter how far one has gone on a wrong road, it is never too late to turn back & head in the right direction. The PDP is the right direction.
Oshomole gave him LEPROUS MoNKEy H I think this is too much coming from someone who have lost an election and dreaming of winning one in the near future. l don't see leadership by example here.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by AsiwajuNdigbo: 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2020

Lagos State has been having cabinets since creation in 1967. I challenge any Igboman to name any cabinet of Lagos that ever rewarded us with cabinet positions beside Tinubu. Outside of SS/SE name any State cabinet in Nigeria that has ever recognized our contribution, but it cannot be denied that our contribution can be found all over Nigeria. In Abuja, we are the single leading mover and shaker of society and the economy. When is an Igboman going to be nominated into the FCT Council for God's sake? We leave what concerns us to go and fight battle over another man's wahala. Our concern is entering Lagos mainstream, we must change our fortune in that regard.

Obaseki is not useful to our goal in Lagos. Why are we fighting his battle? There are Igbo ethnic groups in Edo State. Will Obaseki put Igbo people in cabinet, or are there Igbo in Edo house of assembly?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by vikstandon(m): 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
Please take away Snipers and indocedes from the reach of Oshiomole make em no commit suicide o!
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Temysteve(m): 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
dyera:
4 + 4 Ogbane (e don't complete).

Oya let the congratulatory messages be pouring in.

Oshiomhole's woes has only just begun. His political burial will be held next week.
Can we make it tonight pls??
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by almarthins(m): 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
baliyubla:
The North has thrown APC under the Bus and have moved in droves back to PDP. The idea is to retain power in 2023.

Shouting Sai Buhari or supporting APC in the Noth right now is like having a death wish.

APC will go back to being a SW regional party in 2023 like ACN.

Our Ewedu brethren have been played again. Congrats GGO.

Edo no be Lagos.

With ur lot, nigeria will remain in stone age. If it is nt apc today, na pdp tomorow. None of u have broken free from the saviour party politics. Come 2023 pdp and apc go recycle one old man, and nigerians go begin kill dem selves again. nonsense!
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by almarthins(m): 8:26pm On Sep 20, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

All this pikin wey sabi rush to comment no understand you. In fact sm dem go gladly stone you. All wey dem sabi na hatred spreading
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Themainboy22: 8:26pm On Sep 20, 2020
kiddkash:

unlike that one in Lagos without scruples
Lol, na you talk am oo..
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by earnit3: 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
Pray they don’t change it in court
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Godsspeed: 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
I feel you bro. But you know that Igbos' contributions to Lagos state IGR is second to none in the whole of Nigeria. If you look at it very well, you will see that Tinubu's appointment of Igbo in his cabinet is not even enough to compensate one tenth of Igbos' contribution to the coffers of lagos state. If the Igbos had contributed that way to any other state's revenue, those states might have done far better than Tinubu in compensating the Igbos.

AsiwajuNdigbo:

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Anambra1stS0n: 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2020
[s]
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Swear on the virtue of your ancestors that elRufai's South is anywher else but SW.

I never said he made Ihejirika a CoAS, I said the recognition and advancement of Igbo into mainstream was the grace of Obasanjo. This is a fact! Name any President before or after him, beside our kinman in SS, that filled cabinet and military posts with Igbo. Not even under Shagari or IBB, both of whom had Igboman as Vice, has our people been blessed with such inclusion as we enjoyed under Obasanjo.

Me i no be like una guys that continue to keep blindfold over your eyes. My blindfold came off long ago. Im very happy our leadership in Lagos are coming to same reality.

You are mixing me up with ThatFairGiy because the two posts were quoted by someone as a single post.

That FairGuy is Yoruba, Im not. Im born in Yorubaland and grewup there but I remain honest with myself and to my people on what we need to do to advance. You are far behing my brother. Wake up! In 100yrs if we maintain same attitude and progression our outcomes will never change.

Edo election no concern me. Same Obaseki was in APC just few months ago. If they set EFCC behind him he might return back to APC. In Imo what was outcome with Ihedioha victory? Where is it today? When Ihedioha was ousted how many Edo people join us to cry foulplay?

Abeg face your side bro.
[/s]
Focus on Edo, election that's the topic .
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Kay25(m): 9:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
SmartProf:
Yes o...abeg let's observe a one minute silence for the so called expired godfathers. Obaseki has shown braveness in dealing with godfathers. Ambode no even qualify as apprentice to Obaseki cause him no get iron balls, na cheese balls him get. Infact Obaseki, Shaibu, Wike & the Edo people use these godfathers clean nyash. Right now the so called godfathers dey like almajiris. PDP scattered this APC virus for Edo like crackers buscuit. Edo no be Lagos at any level.
loyalty is part of politics that is what ambode had done..He wouldn't bite the finger that fed him
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Sangre: 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2020
DebbieBianca:
The former Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidates Atiku has congratulated Governor Obaseki on his victory, says The End of Godfatherism Has Come in Nigeria.

In his series of tweets, he wrote;

https://mobile.twitter.com/atiku/status/1307677236309491712
if he knew why it went this way he wont speak. Atiku is not in the same clique with them. It was an understanding of society(cliques) not elections, reasons for the apparent peaceful nature and less publicised violence.
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Goke7: 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2020
Godsspeed:
I feel you bro. But you know that Igbos' contributions to Lagos state IGR is second to none in the whole of Nigeria. If you look at it very well, you will see that Tinubu's appointment of Igbo in his cabinet is not even enough to compensate one tenth of Igbos' contribution to the coffers of lagos state. If the Igbos had contributed that way to any other state's revenue, those states might have done far better than Tinubu in compensating the Igbos.

Even if you are given 100% you can never be satisfied, always wanting to be given what's not and cannot be yours. Sit down there and wait till we make you oba of lagos. Jokers
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Goke7: 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2020
omoharry:
Exactly the way someone with a slave mentality would think .They will throw crumps at you and you call it Gold..They manage to buy you into politics so as to win over your tribe men for election and you call it previlegde ... you don't know that politics is all about interest . You cannot see beyond your nose and you think the lives of Lagos start and end with one Man that have cornered public properties to himself alone . He gives you crumps of bread and collect billions from you , yet you sing his praises .

In the land of the blind, A Tinubu is king as a one eyed man . You have a slaved mentally and you need to see another side of leadership and development devoid of a Tinubu for you to know that Lagos can do better than the disorganized ,smelling & dirty city that it is known for.

Smelling city and still you can't take your eyes off it. How can a smelling city be so precious that you talk about it all the time and you want to get your hands on the smelling shit. Is that sanity?
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by TinubuGoQuench(f): 11:52pm On Sep 20, 2020
Frog eye drug man couldn't do anything! cheesy

Cc: simplyleo
Seunsmg
Bighead9
Solmus
Simplyseyi

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Antoeni(m): 12:01am On Sep 21, 2020
JUSTICE Rebecca Olomojobi of the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos, yesterday nullified the appointment of Lt-General Theophilus Danjuma as Chairman and Director of PAN OCEAN Oil Corporation Nigeria, operator of the Oil Mining Licence (OML) 98.

These people have had Nigeria in a strangle hold for too long. No more !!!

TY Danjuma shouting “poverty” and “insecurity” in Nigeria, but his company PAN OCEAN Nig , is owing us N240 billions. TY Danjuma"s companies and subsidiaries habitually do not pay their bills.The government therefore terminated OML 98 license and AMCON has won a Court case to sell all their assets to recover Nigerians N240B from TY Danjuma and his companies.

Notice that this was the same reason the BUHARI govt terminated Atiku Abubakar’s INTELS license., with several millions in US Dollars owed the NPA.
These are the same DECIEVERS shouting hoax and telling Nigerians PMB is the enemy.... that there is POVERTY and INSECURITY in the land..... that Nigeria is borrowing too much.!!!
GOD SAVE NIGERIA!!!

NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE!!!
Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by Philipxxxx0: 3:52am On Sep 21, 2020
JohnOkolo:

He is making statement as if Obaseki was in PDP over his 4 year tenure.

If APC didn't make Obaseki what he is today. This blood sucking PDP party will have no victory or see any good in him.

If APC build someone's portfolio you guys will snatch him away and use him to fight and bite the Hand that fed and upheld him when he had no platform.

This is still a Victory for APC cause they made him from the beginning.
cry cry baby

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election by MINORU: 5:00am On Sep 21, 2020
Idiot you are already died cause you masters are killing you fools like your foolish brother Afonja

You are a slaves cause Edo owns lagos...I know you don't know about this cause you are foolish,hopeless like your foolish parents

Do you think yourba cowards developed lagos?

You are a fool to think that way

Your city is deteriorating, illiterates, thugs and hoodlums rule over your city. Be like Edo people and get rid of your demi-god.

They brought Gandollar , they brought @elrkiller , they brought Thiefinubu. Yet, they still lost. Shame on the yourba fools and their slave masters idiots . Bringing mass murderers, bribe-takers and bullion van lovers. What a criminal bunch!

Edo no be lagos

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election / President Buhari Is Working From Home, Renovations Ongoing At President’s Office / 'I Am Now The Governor Of Ebonyi' - PDP's Idu Igariwey Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.