Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:32 AM

APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results (56114 Views)

Court Rejects Edo Dep-Gov, Shaibu's Plea To Halt Impeachment / LP Rejects Edo LG Elections / Uzodimma Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results, Heads To Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by mightyhazel: 10:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
BIGGESThead6:
Cool.
PDP rigged this election. APC will proof this in Court. After our victory in Court, if Una like make Una call Pastor İze Iyamu Supreme Court Governor. We no care
. grin
where those IPOB memes?
Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by promotervickky(m): 10:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
athaboi:
Nonsense...shame no even catch them to say something like this even after the president have commended the process..maybe they have spoken to Tanko at supreme court but God pass them

It's tiring to me friend!

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by bobluck: 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2020
I noticed E-rants APC apologists have been missing who else noticed it?

Like for Obaseki

Share for #EdoNoBeLagos#

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by Nchenches: 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2020
BleedingPen:
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State has rejected the outcome of Saturday's Edo Governorship, in which incumbent Governor Godwin Obaseki was declared winner.

Igbere TV had on Sunday reported how Obaseki, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, secured 307,955 votes to defeat Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the APC candidate, who got 223, 619 votes.

In a statement forwarded to Igbere TV, Sunday, the APC alleged foul play in election, but called on party members to stay calm "while party leaders study the result and decide what is next."

In the statement signed by the Chairman of the APC Media Campaign Council, Mr. John Mayaki, rejecting the result, the APC cited alleged strong arm tactics.

"Our people were arbitrarily arrested, many of the figures were fabricated," said the terse statement, which the party said was only a preliminary reaction.

It further alleged illicit tampering with results, to shore up PDP numbers and mark down APC's.

"Areas where we won, they cancelled them.  They decreased the votes in areas we had advantage," the party further claimed. "They rejected our results and jerked up theirs."

Meanwhile, the party also claimed there was arbitrary arrest of local party members, who could have resisted the outrage, while Governor Godwin Obaseki was busy diverting attention with false alarm.

"Obaseki shouted that he was being rigged out and blamed INEC at the initial stage but that was to divert attention from the evil going on in the field", the statement said.

The party, however, told its members to stay calm, thanking them for their support, and adding that party leaders were studying the result and would announce their decision and course of action as soon as possible.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdoStateAPC/status/1307728191734329344

APC needs to respect democracy for once. Apc had better show good example by congratulating the winner.

That arrow being perfected by Imo state Supreme Court governor can’t work. Edo is not Imo.

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by Ifedayo94(m): 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hmmm!! It has now cleared to me that people that I thought they were as diplomatic and patriotic as I was, was just missing out of the pathway. I'm neither APC nor PDP but to my surprise, people claiming to be diplomatic are one-sided. Moreover, in every race, there should be a winner and the good people of Edo state have just chosen their preferred candidate not the best candidate; And neither am I saying the second runner up was the best candidate cos my believe was that "The best candidate is never a canditate" it's was it is.���� Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by Kewe1975(m): 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
Lipscomb:
Yes we reject the election. INEC should declare the election void and null pdp rigged pastor iyamu.

We will get our mandate back at supreme court.

Thunder fire pdp and their supporters.
hush u wailer,wait 4 2023. U go chee chomptin. Covid fire u der.

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by eddyslim(m): 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
Vikynas:
Lamentation Chapter 1:2 why are you lamenting na ur papa get Nigeria?
Noo na your mama get nairaland.

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by bluebay(m): 10:28pm On Sep 20, 2020
Lipscomb:
Yes we reject the election. INEC should declare the election void and null pdp rigged pastor iyamu.

Look at this young fellow. Political novice . Tell me, how may APC supporters Protested against the result?

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by yaki84: 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
Lipscomb:

My brother calm down.. Please just be calming down we r going to send help your way.
Behave and be calm
I dey come

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by yaki84: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
Ifedayo94:
Hmmm!! It has now cleared to me that people that I thought they were as diplomatic and patriotic as I was, was just missing out of the pathway. I'm neither APC nor PDP but to my surprise, people claiming to be diplomatic are one-sided. Moreover, in every race, there should be a winner and the good people of Edo state have just chosen their preferred candidate not the best candidate; And neither am I saying the second runner up was the best candidate cos my believe was that "The best candidate is never a canditate" it's was it is.���� Good luck.
Can someone explain this using arithmetic?
Me: 4+4=obaseki
Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by LaReinaa(f): 10:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
They have started again..
Very troublesome party..
They will never accept defeat cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by yaki84: 10:35pm On Sep 20, 2020
Austinosconst:
[s][/s] please can you say this again without crying.
Can somebody smile while crying?
It is not poshibul
Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by TinubuGoQuench(f): 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2020
BIGGESThead6:
Cool.
PDP rigged this election. APC will proof this in Court. After our victory in Court, if Una like make Una call Pastor İze Iyamu Supreme Court Governor. We no care
. grin

See how you suddenly changed moniker to disguise!
Edo nor be Lagos
Nor go drink otapiapia! cheesy

Cc: bighead9

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by don10ky(m): 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
Lipscomb:

mumu
Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by Buksaylor: 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
The Hunter has been hunted and shit down.

BleedingPen:
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State has rejected the outcome of Saturday's Edo Governorship, in which incumbent Governor Godwin Obaseki was declared winner.

Igbere TV had on Sunday reported how Obaseki, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, secured 307,955 votes to defeat Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the APC candidate, who got 223, 619 votes.

In a statement forwarded to Igbere TV, Sunday, the APC alleged foul play in election, but called on party members to stay calm "while party leaders study the result and decide what is next."

In the statement signed by the Chairman of the APC Media Campaign Council, Mr. John Mayaki, rejecting the result, the APC cited alleged strong arm tactics.

"Our people were arbitrarily arrested, many of the figures were fabricated," said the terse statement, which the party said was only a preliminary reaction.

It further alleged illicit tampering with results, to shore up PDP numbers and mark down APC's.

"Areas where we won, they cancelled them.  They decreased the votes in areas we had advantage," the party further claimed. "They rejected our results and jerked up theirs."

Meanwhile, the party also claimed there was arbitrary arrest of local party members, who could have resisted the outrage, while Governor Godwin Obaseki was busy diverting attention with false alarm.

"Obaseki shouted that he was being rigged out and blamed INEC at the initial stage but that was to divert attention from the evil going on in the field", the statement said.

The party, however, told its members to stay calm, thanking them for their support, and adding that party leaders were studying the result and would announce their decision and course of action as soon as possible.

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by broadman20: 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
seunmsg:
They should go to court as expected. What we had yesterday was just the preliminary battle. The main battle will take place in the court of law. The Supreme Court will decide who rules the state and not the electorate.

Ones a slave, always a slave.

Only God can deliver you from your slave mentality.

4 Likes

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by Lovelive: 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The All Progressives Congress (APC), Edo State chapter on Sunday said Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, immediate past National Chairman of the party should be held responsible for the party’s loss in Saturday’s governorship election which was won by Governor Godwin Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Barr. Anselm Ojezua, the Edo state chairman of APC said the result of the election has vindicated his position that Oshiomhole’s dictatorial attitude will lead to the downfall of the party in the state.

While calling on the party leadership to sanction Oshiomhole, Ojezua said members of the APC in Edo may be forced to review their membership of the party if disciplinary action is not taken against the former Edo state governor.

I think the position of Edo APC, prior to the disqualification of Governor Godwin Obaseki has been vindicated. Before that, the Edo APC had already reached a consensus with Obaseki as the candidate but Oshiomhole thought otherwise”.

“He abused his office as National chairman, pushed the governor out of the party and you can see that the beneficiary is now PDP.

The result of his illegal actions is what we witnessed today. I don’t see how APC can recover from this”.

“Oshiomhole factionalised the party, created a faction in the name of EPM, brought a candidate from outside the party and forced him down the throat of the party. They campaigned without the party behind them and they expected to win. This is the result”.

“That was why I said I will not speak until after the election and now I have been vindicated. If I spoke before the election, they will say it is anti-party. Now we know who has done anti-party”.

"Honestly, if the party does not do anything to sanction Oshiomhole, then we in Edo APC will have to review our membership of that party, because we gave notice, we warned the party, we petitioned the leadership; there is nothing we did not do to salvage the situation within the last 15 to 18 months”.

“The party only took steps after Obaseki has left which is an irredeemable loss. Everyone can see the result now”.

https://www.independent.ng/edo-guber-apc-blames-oshiomhole-for-defeat-wants-him-sanctioned/

BleedingPen:

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by TinubuGoQuench(f): 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
tot:

Does this statement even make sense to you?

See all of them gathering here in shame. Sore losers!

You wasted time quoting an escapee from a psychiatric centre!

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by MartinsD12(m): 10:47pm On Sep 20, 2020
BleedingPen:

Evil party I so much hate this political party Apc they behave like secret cult society so devilish I urge PDP to fasten their seat belt and deal with Apc in Ondo and 2023 general elections I want Apc to be wiped out completely from Nigerian political space
Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by Dominiqueismad: 10:48pm On Sep 20, 2020
yemi1504:

For him - AMEN, AMIN, Ase, Ise... 600 years of suffering on him too!
I fear o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by RealisticGirl(f): 10:52pm On Sep 20, 2020
It's too late to cry when the head is off. grin grin
Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by One4me: 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2020
DrAbayomi:
Shameless party!

They’d eventually seek redress in the court of law. Barring all imminent problem(s), Edo is officially a pdp state.

I hope this feat will be replicated come 2023 presidential elections.

Abayomi, You are obviously short-sighted and carried away by "Party-Affiliation".
So after Buhari's EIGHT YEARS DISASTER, you want another NORTHERNER to rule Nigeria for another EIGHT YEARS?

Every time a Northerner rules this country, we are taken back to the stone age or who do you think the PDP would put forward as its flag-bearer in 2023, if not Atiku?

And dont be naive to think one Fulani is better than another, they allwork for Fulani Domination. undecided
Your name portrays you as a Southerner.
(shakes head in disbelief)

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by bptc10: 10:57pm On Sep 20, 2020
Who care
Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by Ifedayo94(m): 10:58pm On Sep 20, 2020
yaki84:

Can someone explain this using arithmetic?
Me: 4+4=obaseki

I laughed at your question..... GP would be of better option to solve your question. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by garfield1: 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
MartinsD12:

Evil party I so much hate this political party Apc they behave like secret cult society so devilish I urge PDP to fasten their seat belt and deal with Apc in Ondo and 2023 general elections I want Apc to be wiped out completely from Nigerian political space

Pdp will be wiped out instead

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by jrusky(m): 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
So apc now doing the crying The thing pain apc like mad.

Apc has opened the book of Lamentation Chapter 1 verse 1 more chapters will follow.
Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by garfield1: 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
jrusky:
So apc now doing the crying The thing pain apc like mad.

Apc has opened the book of Lamentation Chapter 1 verse 1 more chapters will follow.

Up apc
Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by jjlala: 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
*_I am so shocked to see that some People including myself Expected APC to Win the Edo State Governorship Election when all the APC Governors, Party Caretaker Leadership Ministers lead by Rotimi Ameachi and the Dr Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State have Contributed #Billions of Nigeria and gave to Governor Godwin Obaseki as part of their Support to him (a PDP Man)?_*

How can people call themselves APC Members then choose to Support PDP because of 2023 Presidential Inordinate Ambition?
The raw truth is that His Excellency Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinibu is their Parochial and Selfish Target.

I have Personally been to Edo State few times before the Election and I confirmed that Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu is so much on Ground Politically to defeat Governor Obaseki, but what would you do in this Case where apart from Governor Ganduje of Kano State, no other APC Governor gave Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu any form of Support including not attending Campaign Rally in Edo State.

For me, one thing is sure, *"Man Propose, God Dispose"* all the People Planning and Strategizing today must not forget that Power comes from God and HE gives to who ever HE chooses to give to.

Today, all of the Buccaneers are together to Fight Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinibu, but can never tell what would become of them tomorrow.

Rt Hon Rotimi Ameachi and Co has planted their stooges and Cabals across APC in Nigeria in Preparation for their Inordinate Ambition including Planting a PDP Member Sen Matthew Mbu as the Acting Chairman of APC CRS which they have failed from the Beginning.

*As Foundation Members of APC CRS, we would resist any form of Intimidation, Imposition and Overbearing Influence of some Greedy and Desperate People to destroy our Beloved Party for us.*

*It is the same Rt Hon Rotimi Ameachi that caused Cross River State Victory in 2019 when he collected Money from Ben Ayade to betray all the APC Candidates so as to prove a Perfidious and Callous Political Points.........*

*Let's all watch and see how the Games Progresses in Future*..

*PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI IS ALSO OUR MAJOR PROBLEM*....

Copied
Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by Areaboyfriend(m): 11:05pm On Sep 20, 2020
athaboi:
Nonsense...shame no even catch them to say something like this even after the president have commended the process..maybe they have spoken to Tanko at supreme court but God pass them
Nice dp wink
Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by chimezieeze98: 11:10pm On Sep 20, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIRQbNZzYXs

But Wike warned APC and Ganduje some time ago. . Yiur dollars will fail you in Edo state

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Edo Governorship Election Results by friar: 11:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
Oshiomole will be disgraced from Politics just like Saraki of Kwara State

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Sacks Omo-Agege, Great Ogboru, Uduaghan / EFCC's Tweet About The Snake That Swallowed N36 Million In JAMB Office (photos) / "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.