Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. (21522 Views)

Unilag Early Childhood Education Department Gets Her First 1st Class Graduate / Why University Of Abuja Law Student Found Dead In Hotel / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Ramnon2: 3:47am On Mar 03, 2011
2011 World university ranking for Nigeria
1=Ilorin
2=Jos
3=UNN
The rest na PAKO

http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa

Lol! Even Makerere Uganda is by far better than the best in Nigeria
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Becomrichn: 5:47am On Mar 03, 2011
f
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by xreal: 7:00am On Mar 03, 2011
discuss here ought to be more of Academic achievement(s) than structures.

What's the essence of being tought by empty-brain lecturers in the best buildings?
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by 2good(m): 7:23am On Mar 03, 2011
@ fstranger3,
Its obvious you know nothing about the educational system in Nigeria becos you are very ignorant in comparing community college with Nigerian universities and believing that Unilag programmes other than engineering is crap. You just come to the internet and type nonesense that tells me you are really anti Nigerian because of colonial mentality.
I graduated from Unilag and will give a summary of where some of my classmates are now.
The best student is getting his PhD from stanford University this summer
Second best is with Chevron Nigeria
Third best got his PhD from Princeton last year.
Fourth best got his Mphil from Cambridge and is getting his PhD from Manchester this summer
Fifth best had his masters in University of Texas @ Austin and is with schlumberger in the US
Sixth best had his masters in Texas A&M and is with schlumberger in the US
I can go on mentioning the success of my classmates which I am very proud of and I myself i'm competing favorably well in TU Delft. Every single one of us got international scholarship.
This is just my graduating class so imagine how well the graduates of Unilag will be performing generally.
I generally dont do this nonesense comparison thing because the ultimate thing is the success of your career but I couldnt just imagine someone can reason the way you do about Nigerian universities.
Can you compare the above achievement of my classmates with a community college? Its really an insult for you to come and type nonesense when you know nothing about something.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Sagamite(m): 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2011
fstranger3:

Tell me, how many Universities in Nigeria are better than the following community colleges:

1. Saint Paul College, Minn.
2. Hesston College, Kan.
3. Carolinas College of Health Sciences, N.C.
4. Mayland Community College, N.C.
5. Itasca Community College, Minn.
6. Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College, Wis.
7. Leech Lake Tribal College, Minn.
8. Alexandria Technical College, Minn.
9. Southwestern Community College, N.C.
10. Chippewa Valley Technical College, Wis.

You are reetarded.

So this is the way you boost your ego that you attend a community college! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by fstranger3(m): 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2011
Sagamite:

You are reetarded.

So this is the way you boost your ego that you attend a community college!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Community college rocks.

Sir, did I strike a nerve on the other thread or why would a grown arse man like yourself be following and stalking another, obviously straight, grown arse man.

How dumb can you be?  Cant you see that SEFAGO and PHYSICSMHD, your intellectual GODs, are on this thread? Do you really want me to unleash them on you.

Common, you cant be this silly? Now go back to the section you crawled out from. Yeah, I mean that section where mamagee and MzDarkskin frequent, where they hold on to every bit of your word. Thank you.

PS: Those CC woudnt accept the best students from your Uni, let alone you.

1 Like

Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by seanet02: 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2011
Ramnon.2:

2011 World university ranking for Nigeria
1=Ilorin
2=Jos

The rest na PAKO

http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa

Lol! Even Makerere Uganda is by far better than the best in Nigeria
Not even a Single one from Your Highly Educated Ibos Greedy Republic? Na wao
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Sagamite(m): 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2011
2good:

@ fstranger3,
Its obvious you know nothing about the educational system in Nigeria becos you are very ignorant in comparing community college with Nigerian universities and believing that Unilag programmes other than engineering is crap. You just come to the internet and type nonesense that tells me you are really anti Nigerian because of colonial mentality.
I graduated from Unilag and will give a summary of where some of my classmates are now.
The best student is getting his PhD from stanford University this summer
Second best is with Chevron Nigeria
Third best got his PhD from Princeton last year.
Fourth best got his Mphil from Cambridge and is getting his PhD from Manchester this summer
Fifth best had his masters in University of Texas @ Austin and is with schlumberger in the US
Sixth best had his masters in Texas A&M and is with schlumberger in the US
I can go on mentioning the success of my classmates which I am very proud of and I myself i'm competing favorably well in TU Delft. Every single one of us got international scholarship.
This is just my graduating class so imagine how well the graduates of Unilag will be performing generally.
I generally dont do this nonesense comparison thing because the ultimate thing is the success of your career but I couldnt just imagine someone can reason the way you do about Nigerian universities.
Can you compare the above achievement of my classmates with a community college? Its really an insult for you to come and type nonesense when you know nothing about something.

Don't mind the reeetard!  grin grin grin grin

He wants to be secretly comparing his community college with schools that are some of the best in Nigeria.

What a foool.

The dumb shyt is claim he is studying Medicine in Princeton.

Kai!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I dey laugh o!

fstranger in Princeton!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Yeah right!

fstranger3:

Yes oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Community college rocks.

Sir, did I strike a nerve on the other thread or why would a grown arse man like yourself be following and stalking another, obviously straight, grown arse man.

How dumb can you be?  Cant you see that SEFAGO and PHYSICSMHD, your intellectual GODs, are on this thread? Do you really want me to unleash them on you.

Common, you cant be this silly? Now go back to the section you crawled out from. Yeah, I mean that section where mamagee and MzDarkskin frequent, where they hold on to every bit of your word. Thank you.

PS: Those CC woudnt accept the best students from your Uni, let alone you.

Reeetard, you are in Princeton?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Studying medicine that Princeton does not offer?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dumb shyt! grin

I dey laugh o! grin
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by fstranger3(m): 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2011
Sagamite:

Don't mind the reeetard!  grin grin grin grin

He wants to be secretly comparing his community college with schools that are some of the best in Nigeria.

What a foool.

The dumb shyt is claim he is studying Medicine in Princeton.

Kai!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I dey laugh o!

fstranger in Princeton!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Yeah right!

Reeetard, you are in Princeton?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Studying medicine that Princeton does not offer?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dumb shyt! grin

I dey laugh o! grin

Please in all seriousness, can  you provide evidence for that? Play aside.

Where on this thread did I claim that or allude to anything close to that, please?

1 Like

Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Sagamite(m): 6:23pm On Mar 03, 2011
fstranger3:

Please in all seriousness, can  you provide evidence for that? Play aside.

Where on this thread did I claim that or allude to anything close to that, please?

Reetard, stop lying.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You post a pix, tagged as "mycoll" and you are saying you did not claim something. grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are claiming you are studying Medicine in Princeton that does not have a Medical School?

How will a mooron that compares Dictators killing unharmed democratic citizens to US fighting Iraqi soldiers enter Princeton?  grin grin grin grin

Community College hood thrash is claiming he is studying Medicine in Princeton.  grin

You are too dumb to even lie!
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by fstranger3(m): 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2011
Sagamite:

Reetard, stop lying.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You post a pix, tagged as "mycoll" and you are saying you did not claim something. grin grin grin grin grin grin

[b]You are claiming you are studying Medicine in Princeton that does not have a Medical Scho[/b]ol?

How will a mooron that compares Dictators killing unharmed democratic citizens to US fighting Iraqi soldiers enter Princeton?  grin grin grin grin

Community College hood thrash is claiming he is studying Medicine in Princeton.  grin

You are too dumb to even lie!

I think you are taking this too seriously.

so where did I attach medicine to Princeton?

You can make fun as much as you want, I have nothing against that, but to distort my words, I dont think that is fair game.

I will appreciate it if you can stay honest and respect facts as they are presented without giving in to sentiments. It shouldnt get unnecessarily personal. I have never in ma life attach medicine to Princeton. Please respect yourself.

1 Like

Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Sagamite(m): 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2011
fstranger3:

I think you are taking this too seriously.

so where did I attach medicine to Princeton?

You can make fun as much as you want, I have nothing against that, but to distort my words, I dont think that is fair game.

I will appreciate it if you can stay honest and respect facts as they are presented without giving in to sentiments. It shouldnt get unnecessarily personal. I have never in ma life attach medicine to Princeton. Please respect yourself.

You are reetarded! grin

You have been insinuating you are a physician and you now placed a pix saying Princeton is "mycoll", and you are denying you did not say you are studying Medicine in Princeton? grin grin grin grin grin

Will you also claim you did not claim you attended Rutgers?

Foooool!

Confess and state the community college you are in.

Make sure you don't lie because I will compare you moooronic intellect level to the educational level of the Community College because it is not all Community Colleges you can qualify to attend. grin
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by fstranger3(m): 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2011
Sagamite:

You are reetarded! grin

You have been insinuating you are a physician and you now placed a pix saying Princeton is "mycoll", and you are denying you did not say you are studying Medicine in Princeton? grin grin grin grin grin

Will you also claim you did not claim you attended Rutgers?

Foooool!

Confess and state the community college you are in.

Make sure you don't lie because I will compare you moooronic intellect level to the educational level of the Community College because it is not all Community Colleges you can qualify to attend. grin

I am actually in Nigeria, at Ogun Poly

Happy now?
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Sagamite(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2011
fstranger3:

I am actually in Nigeria, at Ogun Poly

Happy now?

Ogun Poly will not take you.

Maybe Abdul Gusau Polytechnic? grin
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by fstranger3(m): 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2011
Sagamite:

Ogun Poly will not take you.

Maybe Abdul Gusau Polytechnic? grin

You are absofuckingly right. Yeah, I go to Abdul Gasau Polytechnic. OR is it a TTC?
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by recoome(m): 7:54pm On Mar 03, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Engineering---UNN.
Law---OAU.
Mass Comm--Unilag/UNN.
Every other dept, Unibadan clearly leads.
Nevertherless, this thread belongs to education section.
U are totally wrong its more lyk:UNILAG:->ENGINEERING, UNILAG:->SCIENCES,:->UNILAG:->ALL BUS ADMIN COURSES, UNILAG:->SOCIAL SCIENCES, UNILAG:->MEDICINE, UNILAG:->LAW, UNIBEN:->ARTS, UNN:->PHARMACY, UI:->AGRICULTURE, ABU:->POLITICAL SCIENCE, OAU:->EDUCATION.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Becomrichn: 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2011
g
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Sagamite(m): 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2011
Becomrichn:

look if i am looking at a satellite pictures

Do you really want us to believe you do anything else? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Becomrichn:

and I can predict the future of Nigeria, and some of the people logging in now claim they went to universties and they can not understand the satellite pictures of Nigeria or even INEC making false claim. And i went to university of Ilorin.  Which universties do you think is the best. The universities I went to that me look at the satellite picture and make projection of population.

I vote they close down Unilorin for this crime to NL!

Can I get a "yeah, yeah"? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Becomrichn: 9:53pm On Mar 03, 2011
w.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by 2good(m): 10:31pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ Becomerichn,
Why are you stressing the superiority of your school so much? I think its a sign of complex problem as you should not be the one rating your home but allow others do it and for your information, the most important thing is what you can do with your universiity degree after graduation and not the position in ranking.
But I'm really suprised that the only reasons you're giving for unilorin being a good is the buildings they have there, the fact that if you make first class you will be absolved by an oil company, a 2-1 in Unilorin is equivalent to a 1st class in other schools, these are just rediculous points to buttress ur claim.
And mind you, a first class graduate anywhere, whether from OOU, DELSU, Unilag, OAU etc is smart irrespective of the school he graduates from and will most likely succeed in the labour market.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by okoomoge2(m): 10:39pm On Mar 03, 2011
I don't normally comment on issues like this but I like to say ABU have produced Engineers that are currently top executives with major MNC .
If you work in the oil and Gas Industry specifically Shell, NLNG and Exxon Mobil, you would understand what I mean.

Shell Western Region has alot of top executives who graduated from Unilorin
SNEPCO currently has a Vice President in charge of Gas ( Graduated from Unilorin )
SPDC currently has Director of Development who graduated from ( ABU)
ExxonMobil has GM ( Development Project) Unilorin
Exxon Mobil has Technical Manager (  Major Project -Pipelines) -Unilorin
ExxonMobil has Senior Project Manager ( Development Proejct)-Unilorin
NLNG has Senior Project Managers ( Who graduated from Unilorin)
Shell Eastern Region has alot Uniben Old boys calling the shots.

All these is just to mention a few. I have had the privilege of working in the Major Engineering centres i.e Houston, Paris, Aberdeen and Currently an expatriate  in Perth. I can  confidently  say Unilorin has done the Nation proud in the field of Engineering, to even attest to this met a dude  recently ( Igbo dude) at a conference in Perth with a pure American Accent and can be taken has an African America but Alas the dude is a pure Igbo dude who left 9ja in the mid 80's graduated from Unilorin and currently Vice - President with Schlumberger in Houston.

P.s  On Personal Note : ABU ( B.Eng), Uniben( B.ENG),Unilorin(B.Eng) is different from Unilag (B.SC), UI(B.sc) or OAU(B.sc)

Schools that give B.Eng , B.tech have a better curricular than schools that offer B.sc to Engineering Graduate.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by okoomoge2(m): 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2011
I don't normally comment on issues like this but I like to say ABU has produced More Engineers that are currently top Executives with major MNC .
If you work in the oil and Gas Industry specifically Shell, NLNG and Exxon Mobil, you would understand what I mean.

Shell Western Region has alot of top executives who graduated from Unilorin
SNEPCO currently has a Vice President in charge of Gas ( Graduated from Unilorin )
SPDC currently has Director of Development who graduated from ( ABU)
ExxonMobil has GM ( Development Project) Unilorin
Exxon Mobil has Technical Manager (  Major Project -Pipelines) -Unilorin
ExxonMobil has Senior Project Manager ( Development Project)-Unilorin
NLNG has Senior Project Managers ( Who graduated from Unilorin)
Shell Eastern Region has alot of Uniben Old boys calling the shots.

All these is just to mention a few. I have had the privilege of working in the Major Engineering Centres i.e Houston, Paris, Aberdeen and Currently an expatriate  in Perth. I can  confidently  say Unilorin has done the Nation proud in the field of Engineering, to even attest to this met a dude  recently ( Igbo dude) at a conference in Perth with a pure American Accent and can be taken has an African America but Alas the dude is a pure Igbo dude who left 9ja in the mid 80's graduated from Unilorin and currently Vice - President with Schlumberger in Houston.

P.s  On Personal Note : ABU ( B.Eng), Uniben( B.ENG),Unilorin(B.Eng) is different from Unilag (B.SC), UI(B.sc) or OAU(B.sc)

Schools that give B.Eng , B.tech have a better curricular than schools that offer B.sc to Engineering Graduate.

Ask from Senior Guys about ABU Top Guns.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by 2good(m): 11:22pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ Oko-omoge,
The B.ENG and BSC term in Nigeria is just a nomenclature.
But you cannot compare the success of Unilorin grauduates with graduates of schools like UI, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, ABU & UNIBEN.
Every school have an Alumni in top positions in major Oil and Gas companies, so your post on knowing graduates from the few universities which you personally selected because of the BENG thing doesnt hold ground.
I myself have worked with graduates from ESUTECH, ILORIN, UI, OAU, CALABAR, PHC, EKPOMA etc in the oil and gas industry and discovered that its more of the person and not the school we all attach importance to. Your success is determine by how well you develop yourself.
An average graduate of engineering whether BSC or B.ENG can be trained to do any job needed by their employer. But the six universities listed above still attract the best brains in Nigeria simply because people believe that the first generation univerties have the best standard in Nigeria.
Also, mind you that the Oil and gas industry is one of the lowest employer of labour compared to the size of their operations and investment, so there are other sectors of the economy that employs people.
In summary, enough with this school comparison because like I said in an earlier post, the main thing is what value your degree can bring in your career pursuit.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Becomrichn: 1:35am On Mar 04, 2011
U
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by yeswecan(m): 1:43am On Mar 04, 2011
Something is missing on the list - where is Ambrose alli university, Ekpoma . I think it must be an error to exclude such a great school
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by okoomoge2(m): 4:43am On Mar 04, 2011
@2good
Oko-omoge,
The B.ENG and BSC term in Nigeria is just a nomenclature[b].( Schools were not just set up to award B.Eng or B.sc)[/b]But you cannot compare the success of Unilorin grauduates with graduates of schools like UI, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, ABU & UNIBEN.
Every school have an Alumni in top positions in major Oil and Gas companies, so your post on knowing graduates from the few universities which you personally selected because of the BENG ( Agree)[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] thing doesnt hold ground.
I myself have worked with graduates from ESUTECH, ILORIN, UI, OAU, CALABAR, PHC, EKPOMA etc in the oil and gas industry and discovered that its more of the person and not the school we all attach importance to. Your success is determine by how well you develop yourself (Very True)[color=#990000][/color]An average graduate of engineering whether BSC or B.ENG can be trained to do any job needed by their employer. But the six universities listed above still attract the best brains in Nigeria simply because people believe that the first generation univerties have the best standard in Nigeria.
Also, mind you that the Oil and gas industry is one of the lowest employer of labour compared to the size of their operations and investment, so there are other sectors of the economy that employs people.
In summary, enough with this school comparison because like I said in an earlier post, the main thing is what value your degree can bring in your career pursuit.( Your development stage is very important )
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by 2good(m): 7:39am On Mar 04, 2011
@ Becomerichn,
So because you guys dont have more than 1 story building in ilorin, you believe the school was design for disable students? What is the function of an elevator?
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by fstranger3(m): 7:46am On Mar 04, 2011
2good:

@ Becomerichn,
So because you guys dont have more than 1 story building in ilorin, you believe the school was design for disable students? What is the function of an elevator?

In a country without constant electricity

Really wanna take that risk?
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by 2good(m): 8:13am On Mar 04, 2011
@fstranger3,
I agree with you that we have electricity problem. That is not an excuse not to incorporate elevator in your building plans because the last time I was in Unilag, they still had efficient working elevators in the Senate building and Faculty of Art. But that is not even the point I'm trying to raise here.
Becomerichn said not having more than 1 story building is a factor to show Unilorin is the best university in Nigeria. He is not even talking about the research work and papers published by his professor. Why did U go to univerty in the first place? Is it to go and look at buildings??
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by fstranger3(m): 8:16am On Mar 04, 2011
^^^

I was just reacting to your last post.

Becomrichns points are very difficult to follow.

So far, to me, he is yet to put forth a good reason why Ilorin is a good university. grin
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Becomrichn: 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2011
2go
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Becomrichn: 12:20pm On Mar 04, 2011
af

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Easy Ways To Be A 1st Class Student / Gunmen Kidnap Yebu School Vice Principal, Mohammed Nuhu, In Abuja / Jamb Cut Off Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.