Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. (21527 Views)

Unilag Early Childhood Education Department Gets Her First 1st Class Graduate / Why University Of Abuja Law Student Found Dead In Hotel / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by jaybee3(m): 10:37pm On Mar 04, 2011
Not sure about Nigeria but in the UK it's usually after A-Levels.
BEng is also different from BSc

BEng is more structured/focused while BSc is sometimes viewed as a lesser degree i.e. Students graduate with honours if they go via the BEng route and it's much easier to attain a CEng status.
I was automatically assigned the IEng status by IEEE after my first degree cos;
1) The course was accredited
2) The degree was with honours
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by fstranger3(m): 10:40pm On Mar 04, 2011
I see

I really dont know much about the UK system, but thanks for the info.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by SEFAGO(m): 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2011
Actually Jay Bee you are kind of wrong from Becomrich's perspective. Countries differ-

Apparently Becomrich is Canadian-Nigerian. So an Meng is a postgraduate degree like a masters degree in North America. Meng are actually more common in Canada and might refer to a masters program that is just based on coursework and no research or it could be vice-versa- a masters program totally focussed on research. In America its the same thing though its very uncommon and they just call it MS degree (The US does not add the "c"). So some Canadian engineering schools offer MSc and Meng Programs with one being more rigorous than the other (Coursework+Research) as opposed to just coursework.

I think that is what Becomrich is trying to pass on to you guys

I might be wrong but this is what I gathered from talking with people.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by SEFAGO(m): 11:20pm On Mar 04, 2011
So is M.ENG post secondary school education or post first degree?

Canada and to a lesser extent the US- Postgraduate
UK- undergraduate
Nigeria- We dont do this s/h/i/t

Anyways the more I read Becomrich's post, the more I am impressed with the depth of his analysis grin
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by SEFAGO(m): 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2011
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by fstranger3(m): 11:24pm On Mar 04, 2011
^^^

Thats my point exactly that WRT Nigeria, Becomrich is wrong

2good is correct.

There isnt any difference whatsoever between B.Eng and B.Sc in Engineering

So B.Sc., from Lag = B. Eng from say Lautech, No?
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by SEFAGO(m): 11:32pm On Mar 04, 2011
LOL

bros, becomrich is taking you on a ride. He knows anything he makes up will bring out comments, and that is what he wants. He is not trying to prove a point.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Becomrichn: 10:02am On Mar 05, 2011
SE
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by baslone: 10:05am On Mar 05, 2011
Split it out! You are sounding as confused as recome!
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by fstranger3(m): 10:38am On Mar 05, 2011
Jarus, please return this thread to the politics section.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by learn(f): 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2011
hi, 2good, please i would like to speak with u urgently, can i have ur email addres?
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Sagamite(m): 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2011
See University of Botswana and compare to the picture someone is providing. undecided

Entrance

Administration building

[img]http://dlg.co.bw/PICTURES/University%20of%20Botswana%20Administration%20Block_files/image002.jpg[/img]

[img]http://dlg.co.bw/PICTURES/University%20of%20Botswana%20Administration%20Block_files/image003.jpg[/img]

Centre for Applied Linguistics

Student Dorm

Library

Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Sagamite(m): 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2011
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by abioila(m): 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2011
i didnt want to comment but after seeing those pics frm botswana university i couldnt stay mute nomore.ABEG WE AV SUFFERED IN NAIJA.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Sagamite(m): 9:57pm On Jun 07, 2011
abioila:

i didnt want to comment but after seeing those pics frm botswana university i couldnt stay mute nomore.ABEG WE AV SUFFERED IN NAIJA.

Abi o!

The arsewipes called rulers have destroyed the country but they have trained most of us perfectly in the art of going here and there and boisterously screaming: "JAHYANT of Africa!" whilst everything around us is a rot or close to it.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by nolongtin(m): 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2011
CU emerges best private varsity in Nigeria
By Agency Reporter
Friday, 5 Aug 2011

Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, has been ranked as the best private university in Nigeria in the July 2011 edition of the World Universities Web Ranking of universities across the globe.

Out of the 10 Nigerian universities ranked among the top 100 in Africa, CU was the only private university that made the list that ranked the University of Ibadan as the best in Nigeria.

Webometrics ranking is an initiative of the Cybermetrics Laboratory, a research group belonging to the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, the largest public research body in Spain. The original aim of the ranking was to promote web publication.

Other Nigeria universities that made the top 100 African are the University of Ilorin, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, University of Lagos, University of Benin; University of Agriculture Abeokuta, University of Jos, and University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

UI listed as the 27th best university in Africa took over from UNILORIN, which the best in Nigeria by the same organisation. UNILORIN.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by Sagamite(m): 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
nolongtin:

CU emerges best private varsity in Nigeria
By Agency Reporter
Friday, 5 Aug 2011

Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, has been ranked as the best private university in Nigeria in the July 2011 edition of the World Universities Web Ranking of universities across the globe.

Out of the 10 Nigerian universities ranked among the top 100 in Africa, CU was the only private university that made the list that ranked the University of Ibadan as the best in Nigeria.

Webometrics ranking is an initiative of the Cybermetrics Laboratory, a research group belonging to the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, the largest public research body in Spain. The original aim of the ranking was to promote web publication.

Other Nigeria universities that made the top 100 African are the University of Ilorin, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, University of Lagos, University of Benin; University of Agriculture Abeokuta, University of Jos, and University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

UI listed as the 27th best university in Africa took over from UNILORIN, which the best in Nigeria by the same organisation. UNILORIN.

What I am seeing here is no Nigerian university is in the Top 40 of Africa:

http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by tpia5: 1:41am On Aug 30, 2013
unilorin thread, photos on first page.
Re: Ramano: You Ask Why University Of Ilorin Was Rated First 1st In Nigeria. by laudate: 3:59am On Aug 05, 2014
Becomrichn: fstranger3 , you are wrong while i was in ilorin , for 3 years ilorin came top in engineering quiz in nigeria. if you have first class or upper from ilorin.  Oil companies are going to pick you first than even first class from any school in nigeria.

Look go there and see the facilities on ground in ilorin. dont stay on the internet.

University of ilorin is the first University in Nigeria to own a radio station.....

First to run a radio station, ke? Haba! Oga, who told you this tales-by-moonlight?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 5 Universities In Nigeria That Offers Mass Communications / Olajide Rilwan Lekan Graduates From Russian Medical School With As / Nassarawa State University Post Graduate Programme.2019/2020 Come In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.