Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. (37149 Views)

Help: My Girlfriend Is Suffering From Post Traumatic Stress Disorder / A Shocked Uniport Student Suffered An Epileptic Fit As Her Friend Fainted / I Am Epileptic Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by leksdigital: 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2020
She is suffering from nocturnal epilepsy, for now there is no cure for epilepsy but it can be managed, there are drugs that will help reduce this and also she should stay away from triggers, eg her own might be cold, heat, fatty foods etc. She will be in the best position to determine that. She needs you most at this time also, cos it could have been you too. She didn't bring this on herself.
Here is some tips always ensure your bed is not too high, incase she falls, when she is having seizures do not try to stop her. I know it may be scary at first, Just find something soft to support her head and guide her against hitting her head on anything.

I know one or two people with] epilepsy and we are all cool I do not see them less than a human, they still remain my friend. If you really care about her, read more about it.

Chef2000:
Please doctors in the house is there a cure for nocturnal epilepsy?

I have a pretty girl, we started dating 8 months ago, this girl is everything I need in a woman, she is neat, cooks well and humble, so perfect to my taste but she is epileptic.

I have been inviting her to my house for over 5months for her to sleep over in my apartment but she keeps refusing, telling me she has a problem then I later promised her whatever the problem is that I wouldn't abadon her.

She finally came on friday, we ate together and later in the night at 22:38 she started having epilepsy and after about 45mins she woke up and started crying, she told me she has been suffering from epilepsy since Feb 2019 but she hasn't been to the hospital due to financial issues.

So please can we find drug for nocturnal epilepsy, it happens to her only at night like 30 to 35mins in her sleep.
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Edwin046(m): 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chef2000:

She said she can stay awake to 2am and nothing would happen but immediately she sleeps that is when the seizure will come
Am not sure of the cure but there is a drug for controlling it,i have a relative who is also having thesame case,for past seven month that she started using the drugs,she never experienced it anymore,but she gots to be taking the drugs every day
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by spiceadole: 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chef2000:

I have a pretty girl, we started dating 8 months ago, this girl is everything I need in a woman, she is neat, cooks well and humble, so perfect to my taste but she is epileptic.

I have been inviting her to my house for over 5months for her to sleep over in my apartment but she keeps refusing, telling me she has a problem then I later promised her whatever the problem is that I wouldn't abadon her.

She finally came on friday, we ate together and later in the night at 22:38 she started having epilepsy and after about 45mins she woke up and started crying, she told me she has been suffering from epilepsy since Feb 2019 but she hasn't been to the hospital due to financial issues.

So please can we find drug for nocturnal epilepsy, it happens to her only at night like 30 to 35mins in her sleep.

There is no cure for epilepsy. It can only be controlled
If I were you,I will end the relationship immediately.

PS: I'm a lady
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Temade29: 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2020
God of BABA SOLUTION will heal her.
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Mrlucky81(m): 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2020
[quote author=bobokeshington post=94398351][b]I WON'T SAY YOU SHOULDN'T HELP YOUR GIRL BUT PLEASE DON'T GO AND CROSS EXPRESS FOR SOMEONE THAT WON'T CROSS GUTTER FOR YOU O
You be wise man

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by chinchonglee(m): 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

because you are always rolling with nonsense gals does not mean we don't have nice ex gfs
U dnt knw girls well den..
Wen u develop ur own sickness/disease, u ll see their real color.
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by AnanseK(m): 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chef2000:

She said she can stay awake to 2am and nothing would happen but immediately she sleeps that is when the seizure will come

Nocturnal Seizures are a recognized form of epilepsy and in your girl’s case may be a part of parasomnia.

It is difficult to promise you a cure for epilepsy but a control can be achieved and a detailed history and examination are required for clear diagnosis to be made and specific treatment recommended. So she needs to see a doctor experienced in this area of medicine.

As for the general management is similar to that for other forms of epilepsy. Remove potentially harmful objects from the sleeping area and avoid sleeping on your stomach ( to reduce the probability of suffocation).

So , she should start looking for a Doctor.
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by KnightsTemplar(m): 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chef2000:

Hmmmmmn what if you contact the sickness?

You shouldn't have replied that fool and your response shows how naive you are regarding your girl's problem.
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by barrwebilor(m): 3:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
There's a drug called Tegretol. You can Google it. Within months, she will be fine. Tegretol is on sold on prescription. Go to a reputable hospital and see a neurologist. Thank me later.
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by ogaga100: 3:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
jcmaiah:

My friend had epilepsy for 6 years. All medical help failed, he turned to God. On the sixth year he was in a dream and saw 7 men on a white Rob remove something like a maggot from the back of his neck. The maggot is actually huge than normal maggot. He said he tried to kill it in that dream but the men told him to forget the maggot and enjoy his new found freedom. He woke up and it was about 2AM. This is 1996. Till date he has never experienced that again.
I as a person has problems that made me stool blood anytime I go to toilet from 1995 to 2006. In one Sunday service a pastor(the poor type) prayed for sick people, and I believed with faith and it worked. Mind you for many years I have always had different pastors visit our church and make such prayers, but that day I had the out of the world faith.
My point is, God is the answer to any problem to them that believe
If it's 2019 it started, I strongly believe it's a satanic oppression from the pit of hell. After the medical visit please u n her should go spiritual as well. By the stripes of Christ she's healed
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Ishilove: 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
bluefilm:

I am just imagining the whole scenario and how terrified the guy must have been throughout the entire episode. grin grin grin

The guy will be telling himself omo which kain wahala be dis ooo?!!

Ha ha ha ha grin grin grin

Of course, that's why I said I tried so hard not to laugh.

But I failed.

Ha ha ha ha grin grin grin
If the OP were to be in your presence is this how you will laugh? What you can't do offline, try as mush as possible not to do it online.
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
chinchonglee:
U dnt knw girls well den.. Wen u develop ur own sickness/disease, u ll see their real color.
everything depends on the calibre of people you roll with
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Asianjollof007: 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
It happens every night for 30-45 minutes? That's a serious spiritual problem bro
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by chinchonglee(m): 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
Evolutionlove:

Hmmmm God forgive me. Even me too I can't. Let everyone bear his/her Cross. May All the Sick be Healed Amen. I come In peace, I give thanks to Almighty God for everything!!!.....
Am saying dis because girls are wicked bro...
If reverse was the case, they would definitely leave u for anoda guy.

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Chef2000: 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
KnightsTemplar:

You shouldn't have replied that fool and your response shows how naive you are regarding your girl's problem.
Well I made the comment to know if the sickness can be transmitted through sex not that I am naive.
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by chinchonglee(m): 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

everything depends on the calibre of people you roll with
Bro!
Hmmm.. may u neva see what real heartbreak is IJN.
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Toonice(m): 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
Seek for spiritual help, it's free.
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2020
chinchonglee:
Bro! Hmmm.. may u neva see what real heartbreak is IJN.
heartbreak and nonsense behaviours ain't the same.
someone that abandons you because of problems is not a human being..
shit happens in relationship but not meaning that person is inhumane
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by kiddkash(m): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2020
tell her to give you blow-job, It will cure it asap
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by NawtiKingRealer(m): 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2020
Let her call my pastor to pray for her.
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by kengeorge2013: 4:06pm On Sep 28, 2020
Don't ever let her do Mouth Action on you
Chef2000:

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by MATURELION: 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
Give her weed and she'll be okay
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Bahamas95(m): 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
Jafar1:
Visit a doctor...
Its far better than seeking a help here on nairaland..
A lawyer assisted a guy here last week or so when his girlfriend and workers got arrested. That lawyer is a Nairalander.

Oga there are doctors and other professionals here. Don't look down on our darling Nairaland.com.

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by mdchikezie(m): 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
Bonatheripper:
Bring her to my room let me give her Some PeniScline

She's be alright after 7 days

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by bluefilm: 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
Ishilove:

If the OP were to be in your presence is this how you will laugh? What you can't do offline, try as mush as possible not to do it online.

I will still laugh in my mind. grin
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
She don't want to open leg. Very smart girl cool
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by donprinyo(m): 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2020
Take her to TB joshua.
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by OmoBaale1(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chef2000:

Contact me via facebook @SaintBaloo
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by LyfeJennings(m): 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2020
It's seizure
U can get a herb for it
I know someone it happened to and the herb cured it
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
spiceadole:

There is no cure for epilepsy. It can only be controlled
If I were you,I will end the relationship immediately.

PS: I'm a lady
why will you end the relationship?
Re: Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic. by 15ssDRIVE(m): 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
I think they have this bracelet that .... reads and controlled the shock ....

Got it back in the days for my cousin ...... I have tried to remember the name ....

If I do or come across any details ... I let you know .

Get well !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

675 New COVID-19 Cases, 230 Discharged And 7 Deaths On June 22 - (1809 Tested) / 5 Reasons Why Men Have Razor Bumps After Shaving / 25 Healths Benefits Of Neem Leaf (dogoyaro)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49