Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,151 members, 7,864,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? (1083 Views)

What Was Yahaya Bello Calculating While Judgement Was Ongoing? / Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs / Inside Yahaya Bello's Multi-Billion Naira Mansion By TheNigeriaTimes.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? by Luckydubby7(m): 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2020
Almost throughout the season of Covid-19 panic and frenzy in Nigeria, Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State stood out, not as an object of praise and adoration but as a public figure of scorn and ridicule because of his notorious stance and fidelity to his conviction that there wasn’t any coronavirus case in his state. Both federal and state health experts did all their best to “prove” that the virus has invaded Kogi State just as it has in several other states, but GYB stood his grounds, and at each given moment he would reiterate that there wasn’t a single case of the disease in his state.

Because of the panic, anxiety and frenzy that gripped not just the nation but the whole world due to the virus, it was very easy for even the most intelligent people to doubt the governor’s sanity and the reasonableness of his stance on insisting that his state wasn’t going to lockdown, so much that in the heat of the brickbats between him and health professionals, he became a target for all manner of press reviews, including even comic cartoons and daily ridicules from his state’s opposition politicians.

Yet he remained unshaken in the face of all that.

But looking back now, particularly at this time that Nigerians have become more relaxed as opposed to the tense period between March and July, when many parts of the country were in total lockdown, and looking at how Kogi State has remained unscathed, with no reports of predicted mass deaths in the state, shouldn’t we begin to look at the possibility that Bello was right all along while most of us were wrong?

And when I say wrong, I’m simply being particular about Kogi State, not the entire country or the world, because we have all seen proof of how the virus devastated (and still devastates) many parts of the world and some parts of Nigeria.

There was this uncanny feeling then that because GYB was deliberately denying the existence of the virus in his state as most people erroneously thought, bodies were going to be falling on the streets of Kogi in scary numbers and the state was going to be the Ground Zero of the pandemic in the country. But goodness, none of that happened till date. So, what could have been responsible for this anticlimax, and isn’t there something about leadership that other leaders and the general public should learn from the stubborn fidelity to conviction that GYB displayed against all odds?

To quote the late British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher “Don’t follow the crowd. Let the crowd follow you.’ If you are sure of the truth and facts available to you, and you doggedly stick to their veracity even if you are the only one in a multitude of unbelief, then you will definitely stand out. People with such stubborn convictions and fidelity to their convictions don’t always follow the crowd, but will rather have the crowd follow them, especially when the crowds later realize that your singular conviction was right after all. That’s the stuff of leadership. Apparently, Governor Yahaya Bello was right.

In the era of mistruth, only those with stoic resistance to falsehood survive. Bello like Donald Trump, are two irrepressible references of those who refused the narrative of the new normal; they chose the old order- which embodies truth! So far, their stance on the COVID imbroglio seems plausible.

https://thenationonlineng.net/covid-19-was-yahaya-bello-right-after-all/

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Almost throughout the season of Covid-19 panic and frenzy in Nigeria, Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State stood out, not as an object of praise and adoration but as a public figure of scorn and ridicule because of his notorious stance and fidelity to his conviction that there wasn’t any coronavirus case in his state. Both federal and state health experts did all their best to “prove” that the virus has invaded Kogi State just as it has in several other states, but GYB stood his grounds, and at each given moment he would reiterate that there wasn’t a single case of the disease in his state.

Because of the panic, anxiety and frenzy that gripped not just the nation but the whole world due to the virus, it was very easy for even the most intelligent people to doubt the governor’s sanity and the reasonableness of his stance on insisting that his state wasn’t going to lockdown, so much that in the heat of the brickbats between him and health professionals, he became a target for all manner of press reviews, including even comic cartoons and daily ridicules from his state’s opposition politicians.

Yet he remained unshaken in the face of all that.

But looking back now, particularly at this time that Nigerians have become more relaxed as opposed to the tense period between March and July, when many parts of the country were in total lockdown, and looking at how Kogi State has remained unscathed, with no reports of predicted mass deaths in the state, shouldn’t we begin to look at the possibility that Bello was right all along while most of us were wrong?

And when I say wrong, I’m simply being particular about Kogi State, not the entire country or the world, because we have all seen proof of how the virus devastated (and still devastates) many parts of the world and some parts of Nigeria.

There was this uncanny feeling then that because GYB was deliberately denying the existence of the virus in his state as most people erroneously thought, bodies were going to be falling on the streets of Kogi in scary numbers and the state was going to be the Ground Zero of the pandemic in the country. But goodness, none of that happened till date. So, what could have been responsible for this anticlimax, and isn’t there something about leadership that other leaders and the general public should learn from the stubborn fidelity to conviction that GYB displayed against all odds?

To quote the late British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher “Don’t follow the crowd. Let the crowd follow you.’ If you are sure of the truth and facts available to you, and you doggedly stick to their veracity even if you are the only one in a multitude of unbelief, then you will definitely stand out. People with such stubborn convictions and fidelity to their convictions don’t always follow the crowd, but will rather have the crowd follow them, especially when the crowds later realize that your singular conviction was right after all. That’s the stuff of leadership. Apparently, Governor Yahaya Bello was right.

In the era of mistruth, only those with stoic resistance to falsehood survive. Bello like Donald Trump, are two irrepressible references of those who refused the narrative of the new normal; they chose the old order- which embodies truth! So far, their stance on the COVID imbroglio seems plausible.

https://thenationonlineng.net/covid-19-was-yahaya-bello-right-after-all/

you are mad for praising a criminal

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? by bottlewater1(m): 10:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

I think if you have common sense you will understand the op stand from the write up rather than abusing or oppression.
that was exactly thing I said about osun and Oyo state especially when Oyo state lifted ban on movement.
many were expecting body bags to be flying around but the common sense that me, Oyo state governor, the op and kogi state governor shared was true that
1. covid 19 is not severe in this country
2. government both state and federal are using it to siphon unaccounted money
3. using it as an excuse to cover up their failure

so if you do not have a common sense to understand that please stop abusing others who may likely be as old as your father (that's if you have one and you respect him) on social media.

I think the moderators should find a way of ensure senseless people like you who thinks nairaland is their family property should be screened out of this platform.

I come in peace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? by bottlewater1(m): 10:41pm On Sep 28, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

I think if you have common sense you will understand the op stand from the write up rather than abusing or oppression.
that was exactly thing I said about osun and Oyo state especially when Oyo state lifted ban on movement.
many were expecting body bags to be flying around but the common sense that me, Oyo state governor, the op and kogi state governor shared was true that

so if you do not have a common sense to understand that please stop abusing others who may likely be as old as your father (that's if you have one and you respect him) on social media.

I think the moderators should find a way of ensure senseless people like you who thinks nairaland is their family property should be screened out of this platform.

I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:06am On Sep 29, 2020
bottlewater1:

I come in peace.

you come with Terror

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? by philipstanley(m): 7:14am On Sep 29, 2020
Governor Yahaya Bello was wrong!

For the fact that the number of confirmed positive cases are less in Kogi doesn't mean that their are not unidentified cases.

Coronavirus is real
The question of "do you know anyone who knows anyone who has the virus" the answer is YES!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? by Charmingrascal(m): 7:45am On Sep 29, 2020
I was among those who strongly criticized Yahaya Bello but it is now clear and obvious that Bello didn't agree with Fed Min of Health and NCDC conspiracy of falsifying COVID19 cases for personal gains.
They persuaded, bully him and do all sort of media judgement but he stood his ground and was never ready to bow to their pressure.

In Plateau State that we had a surge in COVID19 cases I can categorically tell you that the figures were lies. Governor Lalong is cashing out real good, he said he has spent Four Billion Naira on COVID19 and we don't know how much he will spend in the next few days.

I tender an unreserved apology to Governor Yahaya Bello.

There is COVID19 but the numbers were lies.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? by Eryyy92: 8:02am On Sep 29, 2020
covid 19 was never in Nigeria. Come to think if there was covid 19 in Nigeria, Abba kyari's family would have been hit including the family members of Governors who claimed they were infected . Covid 19 in Nigeria is used to steal or hide money which they'll never account for.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? by Mace0lane: 8:33am On Sep 29, 2020
You is the mad one for seeing n denying the truth with your foolish myopic igbotic eye.
NeoWanZaeed:

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? by Plut01: 9:03am On Sep 29, 2020
Eryyy92:
covid 19 was never in Nigeria. Come to think if there was covid 19 in Nigeria, Abba kyari's family would have been hit including the family members of Governors who claimed they were infected . Covid 19 in Nigeria is used to steal or hide money which they'll never account for.

There was/is covid in Nigeria. It wasn't that bad in this part due to Sun light. Those that fell victim of covid in Nigeria are those that stay under air con all the time.
Re: COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:03am On Sep 29, 2020
Mace0lane:
You is the mad one for seeing n denying the truth with your foolish myopic igbotic eye.

am a Yoruba.. ediiot
Re: COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? by Mace0lane: 10:05am On Sep 29, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

am a Yoruba.. ediiot
says a lunatic. Yoruba kee u there.
Re: COVID-19: Was Yahaya Bello Right, After All? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:06am On Sep 29, 2020
Mace0lane:
says a lunatic. Yoruba kee u there.

you dey craze..

Yoruba kee you dia

(1) (Reply)

Shocking! If That Man Is Buhari, I Will Stop Serving God / Video Of Military Officers Threatening Endsars Judicial Panel Members/journalist / #EndSARS: We’re Unhappy Sanwo-olu Denied Inviting Army, General Tells Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.