Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,448 members, 7,836,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Why In The World Do People Stay In Love/Hate Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why In The World Do People Stay In Love/Hate Relationships? (1033 Views)

How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? / How Long Do Normal People Stay Single For? / Singles Crib>>>{married People Stay Away!!} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why In The World Do People Stay In Love/Hate Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 8:50pm On Mar 02, 2011
No one in their right mind would stay together through the constant bickering, right? Wrong! Sammie and Ronnie’s dynamic is far more common than it should be. I know many women and men that find themselves stuck in a never-ending war of a relationship.

Here’s the problem–love is too damn complicated. I’m no scientist, but I know that the mere feeling of love sends these chemical messages to your brain, almost as if you’re high on something and you are. It’s my personal belief that when you are truly in love, you’re not in your right mind–all logic is thrown out of the window. Men are logical creatures. Are you following me here? That’s why women are more susceptible to it because we are more willing to give into those reckless emotions and love unconditionally, where as men don’t want to give anyone that much control.

When you love, you almost lose control of your own emotions and for men, that’s dangerous. There’s more men out there like Ronnie who kick and scream like children when love find its way in despite all their resistance. Love is typically that tie that keeps you bound to your mate, no matter what. And sometimes, letting go of something that only gives you small amounts of this ultimate high is worth the risk of dealing with the catastrophic  arguments and heartache.

Love and hate are two very serious feelings cut from the same cloth, which is why when breakups go bad, it’s so easy for one or both of the people in the relationship to hate each other. Most of the time, one of them is holding on to past hurts that they told their lover they would be able to get over. When they get back together, old emotions come back and manifest themselves in many ways. You have Sammie who just brings it up while in tears almost daily. She’s the victim. Then there’s the ones that hold in so much resentment towards their lover that the weight of it strains the relationship. She’s the rather be sad with her lover than without him. Then there’s the ones that hold on to some fantasy of their lover, neglecting the truth of how they’re really being treated and refuse to let go. She’s the romanticizer.

There’s so many types of women and men–don’t think I’m only picking on the ladies here–that are on again off again with their lovers and sometimes it gets intense. Everyone is a vessel for love to flow and we all decide whether we’re brave enough to take the leap. We just need to realize that if the love we surrender ourselves to isn’t healthy, we need to get out. Man, woman, whatever–we all need to choose our own sanity over our feelings. Yes, love is sometimes hard, but if it’s getting to a point where it’s a detriment to your life–you should walk away. Shouldn’t you?

Your opinions? smiley
Re: Why In The World Do People Stay In Love/Hate Relationships? by 190: 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2011
undecided
Re: Why In The World Do People Stay In Love/Hate Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2011
^Must u comment? u damn E-DIOT!!
Re: Why In The World Do People Stay In Love/Hate Relationships? by kokoye(m): 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2011
synopsis pls  . . and how is kim n reggie's pic related??
Re: Why In The World Do People Stay In Love/Hate Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 9:30pm On Mar 02, 2011
^If u can't be bothered to read the whole article, then just answer the main thread title.

Lol i just wanted to put them there
tongue
Re: Why In The World Do People Stay In Love/Hate Relationships? by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:34pm On Mar 02, 2011
sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Why In The World Do People Stay In Love/Hate Relationships? by MrCork17: 9:39pm On Mar 02, 2011
Pweety4me:

No one in their right mind would stay together through the constant bickering, right? Wrong! Sammie and Ronnie’s dynamic is far more common than it should be. I know many women and men that find themselves stuck in a never-ending war of a relationship.

Here’s the problem–love is too damn complicated. I’m no scientist, but I know that the mere feeling of love sends these chemical messages to your brain, almost as if you’re high on something and you are. It’s my personal belief that when you are truly in love, you’re not in your right mind–all logic is thrown out of the window. Men are logical creatures. Are you following me here? That’s why women are more susceptible to it because we are more willing to give into those reckless emotions and love unconditionally, where as men don’t want to give anyone that much control.

When you love, you almost lose control of your own emotions and for men, that’s dangerous. There’s more men out there like Ronnie who kick and scream like children when love find its way in despite all their resistance. Love is typically that tie that keeps you bound to your mate, no matter what. And sometimes, letting go of something that only gives you small amounts of this ultimate high is worth the risk of dealing with the catastrophic  arguments and heartache.

Love and hate are two very serious feelings cut from the same cloth, which is why when breakups go bad, it’s so easy for one or both of the people in the relationship to hate each other. Most of the time, one of them is holding on to past hurts that they told their lover they would be able to get over. When they get back together, old emotions come back and manifest themselves in many ways. You have Sammie who just brings it up while in tears almost daily. She’s the victim. Then there’s the ones that hold in so much resentment towards their lover that the weight of it strains the relationship. She’s the rather be sad with her lover than without him. Then there’s the ones that hold on to some fantasy of their lover, neglecting the truth of how they’re really being treated and refuse to let go. She’s the romanticizer.

There’s so many types of women and men–don’t think I’m only picking on the ladies here–that are on again off again with their lovers and sometimes it gets intense. Everyone is a vessel for love to flow and we all decide whether we’re brave enough to take the leap. We just need to realize that if the love we surrender ourselves to isn’t healthy, we need to get out. Man, woman, whatever–we all need to choose our own sanity over our feelings. Yes, love is sometimes hard, but if it’s getting to a point where it’s a detriment to your life–you should walk away. Shouldn’t you?

Your opinions? smiley

story! undecided
Re: Why In The World Do People Stay In Love/Hate Relationships? by Pweety4me(f): 9:47pm On Mar 02, 2011
Some cockroaches make u feel like de-activating your account!!
Re: Why In The World Do People Stay In Love/Hate Relationships? by MrCork17: 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2011
Pweety4me:

Some cockroaches make u feel like de-activating your account!!

Sweeery dont mind them. Come, let me giv u a hug! wink

(1) (Reply)

Pack Of Condom In Your Marital Home / Which Physical Features Do U Hate In Naija Men / Guys: Would You Date A She/male?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.