Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America (21879 Views)

Peter Obi Spotted In Lagos Boarding A Commercial Flight To Edo (Photos) / Ibomair To Commence Porthacourt, Accra And Banjul Flight Next Month..photos / Reno Omokri And His Twin Sons At The Caribbean Paradise Of St. John (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by BigDawsNet: 7:42am On Oct 02, 2020
With a new Airbus or with same planes?
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by yaki84: 7:58am On Oct 02, 2020
flyingpig:
White elephant project

Good step in the wrong direction.

The kind unemployment and human capital underdevelopment in this state no be here. Shanties, squalors damn rife in state capital.
Did u listen to buhari's Independence broadcast yesterday?
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by giftometre: 7:58am On Oct 02, 2020
na2016:

Truth be told, he is not really doing well when compared to the money coming to the state. People ain't talking because he pays salary since the state is predominantly a civil service state. He has many sycophants who write everywhere on SM for him; that's why a writeup which mention "readiness" not "has started" is celebrated in the state. In my honest opinion, the last administration performed better than him.

My brother/sis you're saying the right thing, the write up is always readiness and not started. We've been hearing of this Seaport news everyday but nothing has happened positively, if it were the last administration it'd have been long completed. He is trying more than some governors nonetheless.
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Nadiwilliams21(m): 8:00am On Oct 02, 2020
Hunchogee:
A’Ibom Govt Partners Trinidad & Tobago On Aviation, Tourism, ORS

Thursday, October 1st, 2020 | News

https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng/aibom-govt-partners-trinidad-tobago-on-aviation-tourism-ors/
Udom Emmanuel has some strong balls.
Imo State and Abia needs to borrow him from Akwa Ibom for 1week

2 Likes

Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by flyingpig: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2020
yaki84:

Did u listen to buhari's Independence broadcast yesterday?
I dey craze?
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by flyingpig: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2020
Rolexjerry:

Shanties in Uyo? Are u okay?
I'm telling you truth
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by yaki84: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2020
na2016:

Truth be told, he is not really doing well when compared to the money coming to the state. People ain't talking because he pays salary since the state is predominantly a civil service state. He has many sycophants who write everywhere on SM for him; that's why a writeup which mention "readiness" not "has started" is celebrated in the state. In my honest opinion, the last administration performed better than him.
akpabio was receiving at least 40billion naira monthly as allocation, oil price was 140$ per barrel, exchange rate was 187/1$, cement was 1500naira. The state population was assumed to be 7million people and it was predominantly a civil service state
Under Udom, oil price crash to 28$/barrel, allocation nose dive to 10-14billiion naira monthly, exchange rate 305/$ first term now it is 460/$, cement Is 2500/bag, he inherited the 7milliion assumed population and the civil service state. With nothing in the treasury. I use those indices cos those r things needed in building infrastructures etc.
Please compare and contrast as make summary who have manage the economy better.
Akpabio even during the hay days couldn't or didnt pay pensions and gratuities.
Governance grows beyond throwing millions to people on the street and diverting billions.
Why udom isn't popular is because he doesn't throw money around like akpabio did.

Upon the monies akpabio threw and shared during his tenure, why wasnt it enough for those who benefited for their well-being through out their life time?
Why r there still looking for free money again if atall akpabio was uncommon giver that touch the lives of the common people?

7 Likes

Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:19am On Oct 02, 2020
adecz:
grin grin

While some regions of the country
continue to progress at a very fast rate,
the children of other regions are burning
down schools, killing & rampaging
across their lands.

Another governor in northern Nigeria has
declared he will use the allocation of his
state to build over 90 religious place
of worship!! Meanwhile, poverty & hopelessness continue to drive their youths to
southern Nigeria to come & eke a living.

grin Troublemaker
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:20am On Oct 02, 2020
SOJOSEPH:

That one is a local govt chairman under fct and bale under ikoyi
Lol grin
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:20am On Oct 02, 2020
12345baba:
Nice, but they should buy bigger crafts o
They will for international flight

1 Like

Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:22am On Oct 02, 2020
Freeeanijor:
Akwaibom nyin ayaya. The land of promise to the world. Akwaibom dakada
Ayayayayaya
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:23am On Oct 02, 2020
DonTattaglia:
I can't yet be confident to fly with dis airline
Try my brother
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:23am On Oct 02, 2020
ebhaleleme51490:
wow Akwa ibom keep shining!
Higher up Higher
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:24am On Oct 02, 2020
gabbasin:
audio flying
Hmmmmmmm
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:24am On Oct 02, 2020
[quote author=Itzajiboy post=94522986][/quote]
You like the sound of that right
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:25am On Oct 02, 2020
merieam16:
hop ure nt leaving in Lagos sha....
cheesy
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by yaki84: 8:32am On Oct 02, 2020
giftometre:

My brother/sis you're saying the right thing, the write up is always readiness and not started. We've been hearing of this Seaport news everyday but nothing has happened positively, if it were the last administration it'd have been long completed. He is trying more than some governors nonetheless.
Definitely the last administration should have been the one to deliver on that project, but guess what they fail. They didn't only fail, but looted funds that was appropriated for the project for the four years it was on their budget.
It didn't stop there, akpabio awarded the Contract to a northerner that is a seamstress.
What does seamstress know about seaport? Maybe because both start with SEA', when this admin came in, they setup a committee for the actualization of the port. During their tour to access work done by the previous admin, they realised that nothing was on ground. Even the much touted land akpabio boasted he had acquired and cleared, was nowhere to be found. The community that the port was initially to be sited complained that compensation was not paid to them for their lands.
It didn't stop there, during their visit to ministry of transport, the seamstress lady came out with documents that she was the bearer of that contract and she must be carried along.
She took the committee and state to court so her bid will be done. The state paid her off with 2billion naira.
Am privy to all these cos my boss is one of the members of that Ibom deep-sea port committee. So please next time don't compare darkness(akpabio) with light(udom)

5 Likes

Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Kennyswag: 8:32am On Oct 02, 2020
Always disturbing us with nonsense..
cc Akwafinest Uchasa
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by yaki84: 8:34am On Oct 02, 2020
flyingpig:
I dey craze?
U didn't listen and it is showing in ur mentality. That means someone wrong somewhere

1 Like

Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by flyingpig: 8:37am On Oct 02, 2020
yaki84:

U didn't listen and it is showing in ur mentality. That means someone wrong somewhere
how can I listen to speech of person wey no get anything to offer?
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:38am On Oct 02, 2020
Kingrefreshed:

Who born you? Who you be? Who you kolo!
I think he kolo you grin

1 Like

Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Rolexjerry(m): 8:42am On Oct 02, 2020
flyingpig:
I'm telling you truth
You don't know what you are saying. I am in Uyo right now.
Mention one place in Uyo with squalors.

3 Likes

Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:44am On Oct 02, 2020
mmsen:
I hope they have plans to commence flights to other west African states before they start flying to South America.
If you had read the article to comprehension, you would have observe the man visited Udom not the other way round.
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:44am On Oct 02, 2020
Rolexjerry:

My brother leave that hateful wimb from Rivers State.. Na jeolousy want kill am..
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by flyingpig: 8:45am On Oct 02, 2020
Rolexjerry:

Go other states you go see say apart from shelter afrique and few other dope places na shanties full uyo with good roads. Fashi, standard of living poor people can't even stack food in their store. So so wake up for morning buy 200 naira rice boil for that day, chop.
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:46am On Oct 02, 2020
Bofoy4:
AKWA
IBOM
AMAKA
WIKE COME LEARN WORK NAAAAA
He won't oo.. Him go dey form strong man grin
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by yaki84: 8:47am On Oct 02, 2020
flyingpig:
I'm telling you truth
Uyo is a developing city, most of those who have low coast houses are average or poor people that inherited it from their fathers. They r still holding those properties tight cos that is what is putting food on their table. Once that seaport comes to fruition, akwaibom not just the state capital will be on a fast lane developing with the speed of light.
If u see the way igbos r buying lands in akwaibom u will marvel. All because of the seaport...
U don't expect govt to demolish people's structures because it is defacing the city and develop it for them.
Why didn't akpabio do it when he was on the saddle?
Abi those shanties sprung up during udoms tenure?

4 Likes

Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Gamesmart: 8:49am On Oct 02, 2020
merieam16:
We mean business tho...Nigeria should learn frm this state

Learn what?
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:49am On Oct 02, 2020
wink2015:
AKWA IBOM state government is setting the pace in the Aviation sector.

Kudos to the hard working governor.
He try
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by flyingpig: 8:51am On Oct 02, 2020
yaki84:

Uyo is a developing city, most of those who have low coast houses are average or poor people that inherited it from their fathers. They r still holding those properties tight cos that is what is putting food on their table. Once that seaport comes to fruition, akwaibom not just the state capital will be on a fast lane developing with the speed of light.
If u see the way igbos r buying lands in akwaibom u will marvel. All because of the seaport...
U don't expect govt to demolish people's structures because it is defacing the city and develop it for them.
Why didn't akpabio do it when he was on the saddle?
Abi those shanties sprung up during udoms tenure?
Govt can build scattered housing schemes and gift out to all inferences of the state across the senatorial zones especially in uyo where the capital is to reduce the number of shanties and squalors. Or have a mortgage bank for loans to build decent modern houses.

These shanties deface a city and discourage investors and can attract rats, mosquitoes and other pests or parasites that breed deplorable diseases.
Re: IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America by Hunchogee: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2020
uniqueboi1:

Hahahaha
grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Orji Kalu Hosts Governor Ugwuanyi, Ambassadors Of Mexico, Cuba, Venezuela / Concerned Northerners Vow To Defend Tinubu’s Mandate / South East/south West Battle Over 2023 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.