Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Help My Husband Lacks Self Control - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Husband Lacks Self Control (74719 Views)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / Help My Husband Lacks Self Control / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by lafiagi007: 5:32am On Oct 05, 2020
lilmax:
what advice would you give her?

She should pray, take care of a man who lacks self control?

She doesn't have herself to take care of?

Is the man a baby?

Sense is far away from you.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 05, 2020
when men drink like that there is something wrong.
Is he jobless?
Is he self employed. I dont believe he'll have a white collar job and be drinking to stupour.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Donedeal1(m): 5:44am On Oct 05, 2020
Here's the issue, being married for how long,how many children are you blessed with,if none what says the doctors report.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by toye440: 5:47am On Oct 05, 2020
princehaxky:
Man Like These Still Exist.........
Dem Chock, but the woman still beats my imagination, very unlike our 9ja girls.

1 Like

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by dfrost: 5:57am On Oct 05, 2020
Ishilove:

How did I belittle him, and pray tell what practical solution has he posted?

Abeg shut the fvck up and waka pass. You two are likely birds of a plumage. I'm ignoring you henceforth.

Ish you can still pass your message without cursing. You can do better. It makes you sound bitter. Haba?

This is not like you. Calm down.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by payloader(m): 5:57am On Oct 05, 2020
UDUJ:
Did he just start drinking alcohol or this has been happening for a longtime now? Majority of times when a man is depressed he turns to alcohol.

Do you know the source of his depression? Is it lack of finance, being out of a job or are you also contributing through constant nagging and belittling the man? Give us honest answers if you need our help.
you just hit the nail on the head. Most women, and some men also, are responsible for their husbands misfortunes.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 5:57am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
my dear wat you see in relationship is different from marriage we dated fr 9 months before marriage we didn't live together I only visit and during does time God be my witness he didn't show such and when we got married nothing changed in me he do tell me how lucky he his to have so it is not from me
You weren't observant.
Do you have kids?
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 05, 2020
payloader:
you just hit the nail on the head. Most women, and some men also, are responsible for their husbands misfortunes.
As usual, the woman is to blame. NL boys do not dissapoint.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Mutaultope(m): 5:59am On Oct 05, 2020
He just uses the Alcohol to cover up his bed wetting shame .....

My thoughts though ........
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Onyenna(m): 6:01am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
that practical solution is what I really need cos even if am angry and keep malice with him anything he does so he will never ask fr forgiveness and we look fr a better way forward what he will say is " getting drunk is the sweetness of drink

Chooiii! This one is now a professor..... He needs to visit the rehab ASAP!!

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 05, 2020
noblebaba:
hmm, I was once in this situation but not to the extent of bed-wetting, my sister you're the only one that can change him, mine started when the company I was working with folded up and couldn't get another job because of my age, though not too old but Nigeria company hardly employ above 40yrs i was so frustrated and became a drunkard and my wife did not help matters the more she's hostile the more I drink I was so depressed the more she reports me to my family the more I drink and what I always tell people is that she's the only one that can make me change, if you talk to him and show him love I bet you he not only change you will know why he behaves like that, men will like to be respected pray over it and God will take control, today I hardly go out talkless of drinking my health is sound now compared to then let him know the implications on his health, I changed because my wife shows love and i don't want to hurt her. nothing is impossible for God.
Why should an adult take responsibility for another adult's behaviour?
Would you like to know that your sister or daughter is blamed for her husband's drunkeness?
God save me from men with this kind of mindset.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by payloader(m): 6:01am On Oct 05, 2020
lilmax:
what advice would you give her?

She should pray, take care of a man who lacks self control?

She doesn't have herself to take care of?
Is the man a baby?
Maybe you are not married. Someday you will understand.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Abeyjide: 6:02am On Oct 05, 2020
IamD18:
If only people will leave sex, cheating and money to focus on important things during courting, we won't have people in miserable marriages or high rate of divorce.

Anger management, personalities, addictions, abuse, level of mutual understanding, friendship, goals, genotype, differences, family background and histories are very very underrated in relationships these day.

Sex, money, birthday, hanging out, cruise, sexchat, cooking and gifts are the only things existing in 99.742% of relationships in Nigeria.

respect
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by payloader(m): 6:04am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
I believe it has been in him cos when I complained to his brother he told me that that is one habit that everybody in the family keep complainibg about him that the thought he would change after getting married to someone he loves so it has nothing to do with me which he knows is just that he hid that side of him when we were dating
Madam you got married to a drunk. Leave him or manage him.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by femi4: 6:07am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
Pls how do I handle this problem of hubby that does not have self control when it comes to alcohol?

He drinks too much and sometimes messes the bed up with urine.

I have talked to him still no change pls I need practice solutions that will make him stop because he is the type that doesn't take things serious unless it gets to him and this his behavior is making me regret my marriage to him.
Unfortunately, you ll have to live with that. Addiction kills self control
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
though am doing all this thanks anyway
You should find a place to keep your children away from the house. They shouldn't be witnesses to that mess.
Also, are you working? You should find something doing.
Let me tell you, you're not the reason he's drinking. You can't cure him.
It's best you begin to build a life away from him pending when you eventually divorce him.
Love is wonderful, prayer is good. But if your man doesn't acknowledge his problem and seek help, the longer you spend trying to solve his problem, the more you'll lose yourself in it.
You're still young. Start building your life away from him. And please, take those kids away from that house.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by MightySparrow: 6:14am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
Pls how do I handle this problem of hubby that does not have self control when it comes to alcohol?

I have talked to him still no change pls I need practice solutions that will make him stop because he is the type that doesn't take things serious unless it gets to him and this his behavior is making me regret my marriage to him.
Simple matter, go to your village and get remote control na! On a serious note, when he is in a mood you can talk to him, respectively, no nagging, persistently and prayerfully convince him to go for deliverance. It could be that a spiritual force is behind his actions. You need patience with him as a man, you testify soon.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by alhaji04: 6:16am On Oct 05, 2020
IamD18:
If only people will leave sex, cheating and money to focus on important things during courting, we won't have people in miserable marriages or high rate of divorce.

Anger management, personalities, addictions, abuse, level of mutual understanding, friendship, goals, genotype, differences, family background and histories are very very underrated in relationships these day.

Sex, money, birthday, hanging out, cruise, sexchat, cooking and gifts are the only things existing in 99.742% of relationships in Nigeria.

I like ur write ups, but the 99.742% craked my ribs, especially the 42, lol where did u get the figure from? fact or myth?
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Shadysen: 6:16am On Oct 05, 2020
keep pushing in prayers, it's well in your home, shalom.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by friday2011(m): 6:17am On Oct 05, 2020
Get him diapers...

Since he now wee on bed, treat him like a child.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Delonn(m): 6:20am On Oct 05, 2020
ojun50:
She should let a third party know that her husband bed wet, or what are you saying? Op. Please anytime he comes home drunk, don't give him food, don't sleep on the same bed with him. He will be the one to report you to a third party, then let's see if he will be bold enough to tell anyone, that he bed wet whenever he gets drunk. Don't worry yourself about him, since he doesn't go violent when he is drunk.
I will advise you info the family, someone he listen to or church leaders and lastly pray and help him out
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Simonsmg: 6:23am On Oct 05, 2020
was that how he is when you accept and said yes ? ask yourself and make amends before seeking for for advice else where !
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

This problem can only be solved by Jesus Christ. So take it to God in prayer.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by sleekone: 6:34am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
I believe it has been in him cos when I complained to his brother he told me that that is one habit that everybody in the family keep complainibg about him that the thought he would change after getting married to someone he loves so it has nothing to do with me which he knows is just that he hid that side of him when we were dating

No be prayer issue only. Book hin into rehab. Your husband is an alcoholic and needs help. He will also need to do a full body workup to check his kidney, liver and other vital parts.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by coldFLARES1(m): 6:43am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

I attend the Living Faith Church and would not come across as your core church guy but there's a thing I am very sure about given your predicament:é ni lati gbadura gidi gan!

Story was told (years ago) by my big cousin of a young lawyer who got thoroughly messed up by his addiction to alcohol (ogogoro) that he he found it really convenient to sleep in gutters after his bouts. This happened for a fairly long while till he got delivered spiritually after the death of his captor. So it happened that he had a big gallon tied to his neck such that he would never get satisfied until he drinks up to that gallon in a day! So you can understand how almost useless he was made because no one would naturally have the capacity to down 4litres of ogogoro daily.

Your husband's case may be similar.

Not saying you shouldn't pay attention to other useful suggestions though.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by laidima88(m): 6:45am On Oct 05, 2020
I'm sure a responsible guy like me will toast u then but why did u chose to be with a drunkard
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Xtabellah(f): 6:51am On Oct 05, 2020
UDUJ:

Just imagine the type of advice you are giving the lady? So she should start cheating? Are you sane?

I wonder o, in summary many are mad, few are roaming... You know you don't have to talk if you won't say rational things mtchew, ma"am pls don't listen to all advices o
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by hustla(m): 6:58am On Oct 05, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
if he buys drink fr himself he goes fr his gauge 3 bottles but when he goes to an event where there is excess drink, my God he will be feeling like getting all the drinks into his mouth that's where the lack of self control comes in

Na atenu be that
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Freelance363: 7:04am On Oct 05, 2020
U said he lacks control of his bottles,which means he didn't start that today.Am not sure,but u need to think back what he was like during ur courtship.Try to find out what could have caused it,if he wasn't always like that.Best way to tackle such isn't confrontation,rather a careful heart-heart chat with him.Find out why from him.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by 15ssDRIVE(m): 7:10am On Oct 05, 2020
Try to record him when he is on top of the mountains.

And then play your recording when he is sober,ask if he like it like that?

Ask how he feels when the kids Around laugh off at his kids ??

Just some mom and boys talk.

Turn yourself to his bar lady... when he comes back ask..... daddy make I give you one chill bottle ...... ?

Opens And serve the boss .... be there and add fun to his fun time .....

Ask questions and it shall be answered ......

You might be surprised,there is a little issue killing him.

Don’t mind my English oh..., na money my papa say make I learn ..... no be English
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by TBrown77(m): 7:13am On Oct 05, 2020
Very very simple..... simple but technical, just promise me you won't disclose it to him. Whenever he has get himself drunk again, just find a big python and kill it and lay it beside him on the bed or better still a big crocodile just spread the blood besides him on the bed. You will testify trust me.

virtuouswoman77:

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Will I Ever Get Married? / Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. / Germany-Based Nigerian Marries An Old Man, Sparks Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.